Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Should we be exalting Imperials?
1 2 3 4 5 6
the yeet does not discriminate. imps for spacedad
extra so since i'm actually planning on eventually turning an imp into an aether for a fodder pair

i expect if someone was actually actively looking for imps for a project that diligently then they'd have already contacted me about buying them. sure, someone might hypothetically eventually want exactly that combo, but that's true of every dragon on site, and if no one actually contacts me about it then i'm going to assume no one is currently looking and i'll exalt them all the same
the yeet does not discriminate. imps for spacedad
extra so since i'm actually planning on eventually turning an imp into an aether for a fodder pair

i expect if someone was actually actively looking for imps for a project that diligently then they'd have already contacted me about buying them. sure, someone might hypothetically eventually want exactly that combo, but that's true of every dragon on site, and if no one actually contacts me about it then i'm going to assume no one is currently looking and i'll exalt them all the same
Nonbinary
Trans Masculine
Xenogender

Avatar Dragon. The button is linked to my current avatar dragon.
For sale. The button is linked to my dragon sales lair tab.
limes, benrey, or belial || they/them & neos

fr time but im on at really weird hours sometimes
very anxious, so forum activity is sporadic at best
for my dragons - pose =/= pronouns. please use they/them for any of them unless otherwise specified
imperials are the most populous breed on site. i saw this statistic a while back, but y'know what, let's not take me at my word, shall we? head on over to dragon search! let's go see today's proof. right now. right this second. all unexalted statistics! let's go look at the ridiculous numbers, shall we?

aberration: 353,544
aether: 268,144
auraboa: 135,576
banescale: 399,226
bogsneak: 384,927
coatl: 1,321,955
fae: 1,492,590
gaoler: 522,473
guardian: 1,831,881
imperial: 2,126,391
mirror: 1,033,533
nocturne: 1,316,298
obelisk: 440,695
pearlcatcher: 995,912
ridgeback: 595,163
sandsurge: 119,145
skydancer: 1,820,976
snapper: 350,035
spiral: 1,281,813
tundra: 964,078
undertide: 179,020
veilspun: 445,583
wildclaw: 749,425

these are insane numbers! there are some 300k more imperials than skydancers, another horrifically popular breed! and skydancers are a breed you can actually get scrolls for! imperials have over twice the numbers of actual plentiful breeds. go, yeet an imperial. it will not matter.

(unless they are a rare colour combo, in which case i will cry amidst my pile of breeding projects < FOR LEGAL REASONS THIS IS A JOKE)
imperials are the most populous breed on site. i saw this statistic a while back, but y'know what, let's not take me at my word, shall we? head on over to dragon search! let's go see today's proof. right now. right this second. all unexalted statistics! let's go look at the ridiculous numbers, shall we?

aberration: 353,544
aether: 268,144
auraboa: 135,576
banescale: 399,226
bogsneak: 384,927
coatl: 1,321,955
fae: 1,492,590
gaoler: 522,473
guardian: 1,831,881
imperial: 2,126,391
mirror: 1,033,533
nocturne: 1,316,298
obelisk: 440,695
pearlcatcher: 995,912
ridgeback: 595,163
sandsurge: 119,145
skydancer: 1,820,976
snapper: 350,035
spiral: 1,281,813
tundra: 964,078
undertide: 179,020
veilspun: 445,583
wildclaw: 749,425

these are insane numbers! there are some 300k more imperials than skydancers, another horrifically popular breed! and skydancers are a breed you can actually get scrolls for! imperials have over twice the numbers of actual plentiful breeds. go, yeet an imperial. it will not matter.

(unless they are a rare colour combo, in which case i will cry amidst my pile of breeding projects < FOR LEGAL REASONS THIS IS A JOKE)
8aKVtucC_o.png
I mean, I cry every time I have to do an imperial breeding project and the colors don't exist, but also, I'm more annoyed by liking some older gem genes that you just can't find because no one breeds them anymore. It's far easier to just gene them yourself and save yourself the trouble. Very annoying. And expensive.
I mean, I cry every time I have to do an imperial breeding project and the colors don't exist, but also, I'm more annoyed by liking some older gem genes that you just can't find because no one breeds them anymore. It's far easier to just gene them yourself and save yourself the trouble. Very annoying. And expensive.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
Having still not finished my very specific color imp breeding project, my thought is that it's more helpful to just keep breeding imps with weird colors rather than worrying about exalting them. It seems like that would have a greater impact in if someone could find things for their breeding projects than never exalting imps. Sometimes exalting can help really bc you don't have to worry as much about bloodlines being too close
Having still not finished my very specific color imp breeding project, my thought is that it's more helpful to just keep breeding imps with weird colors rather than worrying about exalting them. It seems like that would have a greater impact in if someone could find things for their breeding projects than never exalting imps. Sometimes exalting can help really bc you don't have to worry as much about bloodlines being too close
FR +3
*taking notes* send all rare color imps to 2BDamned and all others to Henry
*taking notes* send all rare color imps to 2BDamned and all others to Henry
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
Games being challenging is not a bad tbing *exalts Imperials harder*
Games being challenging is not a bad tbing *exalts Imperials harder*
mass impstinction event
mass impstinction event
1Wa1sIi.gif
felix || he/they
[quote name="bulrush" date="2024-03-08 08:35:29" ] im more worried about exalting unpopular breeds, i don't pay too much attention to the fodder i pick up outside of the price but i always feel bad about training up snappers and bogsneaks. there's already so little variety in colors and breeding pairs but also the ones i pick up are just as hideous as any other fodder so it kind of counterbalances, both scrolls are wicked expensive though. [/quote] Wow I didnt actually realize that these breeds are unpopular, especially snapper....but I dont understand why are the bogsneak scrolls so expensive when they can be brewed?? Weird
bulrush wrote on 2024-03-08 08:35:29:
im more worried about exalting unpopular breeds, i don't pay too much attention to the fodder i pick up outside of the price but i always feel bad about training up snappers and bogsneaks. there's already so little variety in colors and breeding pairs but also the ones i pick up are just as hideous as any other fodder so it kind of counterbalances, both scrolls are wicked expensive though.

Wow I didnt actually realize that these breeds are unpopular, especially snapper....but I dont understand why are the bogsneak scrolls so expensive when they can be brewed?? Weird
[quote name="ArabidopsisPetra" date="2024-03-08 12:43:09" ] [quote name="bulrush" date="2024-03-08 08:35:29" ] im more worried about exalting unpopular breeds, i don't pay too much attention to the fodder i pick up outside of the price but i always feel bad about training up snappers and bogsneaks. there's already so little variety in colors and breeding pairs but also the ones i pick up are just as hideous as any other fodder so it kind of counterbalances, both scrolls are wicked expensive though. [/quote] Wow I didnt actually realize that these breeds are unpopular, especially snapper....but I dont understand why are the bogsneak scrolls so expensive when they can be brewed?? Weird [/quote] The brew cost is extremely high, plus the cost of materials, which have to be combined multiple times [i]and[/i] cost multiple purple sludge which is very rare… Yeah, I just brewed a Bogsneak scroll for a project and it hurt my soul. I try to only gene Bogsneak projects that were already Bogsneaks, but sometimes you just gotta.
ArabidopsisPetra wrote on 2024-03-08 12:43:09:
bulrush wrote on 2024-03-08 08:35:29:
im more worried about exalting unpopular breeds, i don't pay too much attention to the fodder i pick up outside of the price but i always feel bad about training up snappers and bogsneaks. there's already so little variety in colors and breeding pairs but also the ones i pick up are just as hideous as any other fodder so it kind of counterbalances, both scrolls are wicked expensive though.

Wow I didnt actually realize that these breeds are unpopular, especially snapper....but I dont understand why are the bogsneak scrolls so expensive when they can be brewed?? Weird

The brew cost is extremely high, plus the cost of materials, which have to be combined multiple times and cost multiple purple sludge which is very rare…

Yeah, I just brewed a Bogsneak scroll for a project and it hurt my soul. I try to only gene Bogsneak projects that were already Bogsneaks, but sometimes you just gotta.
As people are saying, there are so many imperials on the site that we don't have to worry about exalting them. And besides, there are definitely imperials that people are absolutely keeping no matter what.
As people are saying, there are so many imperials on the site that we don't have to worry about exalting them. And besides, there are definitely imperials that people are absolutely keeping no matter what.
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png88744101.png
1 2 3 4 5 6