Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone here play the sims?
1 2
I think the sims is one of my favorite game franchises aside from pokemon. Sandbox games are my favorite. I recently started playing the sims 3 again because my sims 4 game is being too buggy. I’m doing a super sim challenge where I master all skills and complete all lifetime wishes (using a mod to change the lifetime wish after completing it)

So, say anything you want to say about the sims!
I think the sims is one of my favorite game franchises aside from pokemon. Sandbox games are my favorite. I recently started playing the sims 3 again because my sims 4 game is being too buggy. I’m doing a super sim challenge where I master all skills and complete all lifetime wishes (using a mod to change the lifetime wish after completing it)

sh5xjiu.png
ca4nyRv.png
pZJYyk4.png
bYt72YT.png
DoQJ9XF.png
2VtxnMX.png
reHWBXk.png
Da1cz0f.png
0HBKL8H.png
l8NOdbs.png
mlHpBMC.png
5hF3FGk.png
3CzZFT6.png
cm7m9xw.png
I'm playing go fish!
1a44f62d21ba71e105062be026d9747d4f426e80.png
This tab has adoptable dragons!
[quote name="Fireflygamer" date="2024-03-03 11:05:32" ] So, say anything you want to say about the sims! [/quote] well if you say anything.... i dont play the games anymore (only maxis game i play anymore is just. spore) but sims 2 has a REALLY good soundtrack i gave it all a listen recently
Fireflygamer wrote on 2024-03-03 11:05:32:
well if you say anything.... i dont play the games anymore (only maxis game i play anymore is just. spore) but sims 2 has a REALLY good soundtrack i gave it all a listen recently
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
I don't play the sims much but the last time I did, it was the sims 3 and I had a blast, doing that horses probably have no right to do like go out and visit a neighbour's horse whilst the human's off at work. Pets expansion rocks.

The main motivation to get sims 3 in the first place was for the warrior cats challenge, but I didn't stick around too much longer after I realised you need a mod to enact it. Of course after the afforementioned 'horse shenanigans'' playthrough, I found fun with breaking the mold of realism. I should probably play more Sims 3, but it's just never crossed my mind. And I probably could too since I still have a copy of the game on Steam from when I first got it.

The only other Sims game I can say I've got in my possession is Sims 4 (and its cats and dogs expansion) and like... idk i don't think i found much fun with it especially with the animals not being playable. I only got sims 4 and cats and dogs for the creator. The pet painting stuff. I don't really recall much except I made a false Nyan Cat at one point. Good riddance to you, Sims 4, I never remembered anything outstanding happening with you anyway. I am not inclined to download EA app, sorry, I do not like what I've heard from the last time I heard about it.

I don't like either game for their lack of music in their live modes, but when you consider Sims 3 gives you the ability to play as a horse, cat or dog with an alarming amount of agency it absolutely makes up for it. You cannot help but laugh at contrasting design - the realism of the musiclessness and the absolute insanity of playing a horse that can do whatever the heck it wants.

And after saying all this, I think I've got a bit of an itch to go play sims 3...
I don't play the sims much but the last time I did, it was the sims 3 and I had a blast, doing that horses probably have no right to do like go out and visit a neighbour's horse whilst the human's off at work. Pets expansion rocks.

The main motivation to get sims 3 in the first place was for the warrior cats challenge, but I didn't stick around too much longer after I realised you need a mod to enact it. Of course after the afforementioned 'horse shenanigans'' playthrough, I found fun with breaking the mold of realism. I should probably play more Sims 3, but it's just never crossed my mind. And I probably could too since I still have a copy of the game on Steam from when I first got it.

The only other Sims game I can say I've got in my possession is Sims 4 (and its cats and dogs expansion) and like... idk i don't think i found much fun with it especially with the animals not being playable. I only got sims 4 and cats and dogs for the creator. The pet painting stuff. I don't really recall much except I made a false Nyan Cat at one point. Good riddance to you, Sims 4, I never remembered anything outstanding happening with you anyway. I am not inclined to download EA app, sorry, I do not like what I've heard from the last time I heard about it.

I don't like either game for their lack of music in their live modes, but when you consider Sims 3 gives you the ability to play as a horse, cat or dog with an alarming amount of agency it absolutely makes up for it. You cannot help but laugh at contrasting design - the realism of the musiclessness and the absolute insanity of playing a horse that can do whatever the heck it wants.

And after saying all this, I think I've got a bit of an itch to go play sims 3...
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
I mean I kinda grew up with the sims? but not like sims 1 or 2 or 3, it was the MySims Spy game and the offshoots they had for the Nintendo DS
the only sims game that I actually play is TS4, and thats for chara creation not for the game itself
I have,,,so many gigabytes of CC and it's the main reason i got an entire USB stick and also the reason I stay up for hours finding CC and making outfits for every single event, scenario and weather change
I mean I kinda grew up with the sims? but not like sims 1 or 2 or 3, it was the MySims Spy game and the offshoots they had for the Nintendo DS
the only sims game that I actually play is TS4, and thats for chara creation not for the game itself
I have,,,so many gigabytes of CC and it's the main reason i got an entire USB stick and also the reason I stay up for hours finding CC and making outfits for every single event, scenario and weather change
Vyrus | Perpetually hungry | PM's/Friend Requests open
I love this series, but I’m also looking forward to similar games coming out (Life By you, Inzoi, Paralives etc)
I love this series, but I’m also looking forward to similar games coming out (Life By you, Inzoi, Paralives etc)
2bf6nnX.pngmtHAEL4.pngaPfqvmf.pngmjtJ868.pngEIzJIWx.pngVHmdVcB.png8OcABDV.png R4RVavr.pngumLF6oK.gifqVw4IEL.pngGR4p3Uw.pngfqG5KmE.pngzfNtpTV.png

2674017.png2802457.png2804985.png2805970.png2806037.png
2806128.png2806314.png2806493.png2807548.png2807554.png
2807685.png2808480.png2808481.png2808485.png2808499.png
2808574.png2808764.png2808836.png2809949.png2812430.png
i've avidly played sims 2-4. i absolutely love the series, each with their own highlights and criticisms. my current sims 4 game is my most extensively modded, essentially being sims medieval in sims 4 lol.
i've avidly played sims 2-4. i absolutely love the series, each with their own highlights and criticisms. my current sims 4 game is my most extensively modded, essentially being sims medieval in sims 4 lol.
rRFsVIp.gif

molls
she/her
est +3:00
Sims 4 lets me live out some crazy fantasies, like being an astronaut, meeting aliens, or owning my own home!

Jokes aside one of my favorite things to do in Sims is starting off completely broke. I use cheats to get rid of all my simoleons, and my poor sim has to rough it for a while until they're able to afford to build a house. Makes the game far more of a challenge to keep my sim happy lol.

I also struggle with legacy games. I just get bored with whatever family I make by time my heir is teenage-age. I'm thinking of getting the High School Years expansion to make it more interesting and maybe keep me engaged with it.
Sims 4 lets me live out some crazy fantasies, like being an astronaut, meeting aliens, or owning my own home!

Jokes aside one of my favorite things to do in Sims is starting off completely broke. I use cheats to get rid of all my simoleons, and my poor sim has to rough it for a while until they're able to afford to build a house. Makes the game far more of a challenge to keep my sim happy lol.

I also struggle with legacy games. I just get bored with whatever family I make by time my heir is teenage-age. I'm thinking of getting the High School Years expansion to make it more interesting and maybe keep me engaged with it.
Luminous Almonds Hello, I'm Doetree!
26 | she | artist + teacher | FR+2
i like the sims due to it being a life simulation game but im not happy with the direction the franchise is going with EA... paralives is scheduled to release in 2025 so im excited for that! it's good to see more life simulation games coming out, it'll give EA some competition/pressure
i like the sims due to it being a life simulation game but im not happy with the direction the franchise is going with EA... paralives is scheduled to release in 2025 so im excited for that! it's good to see more life simulation games coming out, it'll give EA some competition/pressure
wwwwwwalphagamma.png ← wishlist
ll0CfnD.png
G8AyR6r.png
Mq6kNcy.png
they/them
I absolutely LOVE the Sims series, I've put hundreds of hours into 3 and 4 just doing random stupid stuff w me n my friends' OCs and just enjoying getting to make characters and (attempt to) design homes :p

3 is my personal favourite out of the 2 games I've played, since it has far less monetisation and WAAAAY more customisability than 4 (and it's also kinda just better imo) but I tend to play 4 more than 3 since 3 can get really laggy for me at times for some reason. (although 4 has its fair share of optimisation issues too. alas, this is the way of the Sims game, at least it isn't game breaking)

I do wish EA would curb the monetisation of 4, buuuut EA is EA so I don't exactly have high hopes of that happening. Chances are if Paralives plays as good as it looks like it will I'll probably end up swapping to maining that, since the devs have outright said they're not going to do paid dlcs for it and I'm fairly certain Steam workshop integration has been confirmed (which is great because I cannot for the life of me figure out how Sims modding works ^^')

Either way, though, still love the franchise to bits. So, so many fond memories of funny stuff and some uhh. mildly terrifying glitches lol (afaik it's been about 3.. maybe 4 years since I first encountered this glitch and I believe it still isn't fixed. haven't played in a while though so idk maybe they finally got around to it, but ngl I hope they haven't.)
I absolutely LOVE the Sims series, I've put hundreds of hours into 3 and 4 just doing random stupid stuff w me n my friends' OCs and just enjoying getting to make characters and (attempt to) design homes :p

3 is my personal favourite out of the 2 games I've played, since it has far less monetisation and WAAAAY more customisability than 4 (and it's also kinda just better imo) but I tend to play 4 more than 3 since 3 can get really laggy for me at times for some reason. (although 4 has its fair share of optimisation issues too. alas, this is the way of the Sims game, at least it isn't game breaking)

I do wish EA would curb the monetisation of 4, buuuut EA is EA so I don't exactly have high hopes of that happening. Chances are if Paralives plays as good as it looks like it will I'll probably end up swapping to maining that, since the devs have outright said they're not going to do paid dlcs for it and I'm fairly certain Steam workshop integration has been confirmed (which is great because I cannot for the life of me figure out how Sims modding works ^^')

Either way, though, still love the franchise to bits. So, so many fond memories of funny stuff and some uhh. mildly terrifying glitches lol (afaik it's been about 3.. maybe 4 years since I first encountered this glitch and I believe it still isn't fixed. haven't played in a while though so idk maybe they finally got around to it, but ngl I hope they haven't.)
He/they
Agender/ace/bi
Social anxiety + autism
massive nerd
Dragcave
Final Outpost
Pokefarm
Free L23 cauldron rental
Wishlist
Fandragon list
Pings Ok!
Link to art shop! currently on hiatus ?fLd3y=platform.png
[quote name="Amieg" date="2024-03-03 19:02:52" ] I absolutely LOVE the Sims series, I've put hundreds of hours into 3 and 4 just doing random stupid stuff w me n my friends' OCs and just enjoying getting to make characters and (attempt to) design homes :p 3 is my personal favourite out of the 2 games I've played, since it has far less monetisation and WAAAAY more customisability than 4 (and it's also kinda just better imo) but I tend to play 4 more than 3 since 3 can get really laggy for me at times for some reason. (although 4 has its fair share of optimisation issues too. alas, this is the way of the Sims game, at least it isn't game breaking) [/quote] Same, I believe the Sims franchise really is instrumental in a lot of our real life character development. Sims 3 was my jam too, but now I've upgraded to a newer computer and it can't run at all. Heck, Sims 4 refuses to run on a bad day. If they ever do come out with a Sims 5 fingers crossed it won't be an absolute disaster. [s]Though honestly at this point Sims 4 is my personal favorite[/s]
Amieg wrote on 2024-03-03 19:02:52:

Same, I believe the Sims franchise really is instrumental in a lot of our real life character development. Sims 3 was my jam too, but now I've upgraded to a newer computer and it can't run at all. Heck, Sims 4 refuses to run on a bad day. If they ever do come out with a Sims 5 fingers crossed it won't be an absolute disaster.

Though honestly at this point Sims 4 is my personal favorite
2bf6nnX.pngmtHAEL4.pngaPfqvmf.pngmjtJ868.pngEIzJIWx.pngVHmdVcB.png8OcABDV.png R4RVavr.pngumLF6oK.gifqVw4IEL.pngGR4p3Uw.pngfqG5KmE.pngzfNtpTV.png

2674017.png2802457.png2804985.png2805970.png2806037.png
2806128.png2806314.png2806493.png2807548.png2807554.png
2807685.png2808480.png2808481.png2808485.png2808499.png
2808574.png2808764.png2808836.png2809949.png2812430.png
1 2