Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Ability to kick users off pinglists
What it says on the tin. Basically, give pinglist creators the ability to kick users who have joined one of their pinglists off it?

As it currently stands, blocking users does not remove them from pinglists.

Ideally, I'd like there to be a way to simply remove users without having to block them, as sometimes, you don't necessary want them blocked, but just not on a certain pinglist. If not that, though, at least let blocking remove someone from a pinglist. There's no point in them staying on it, anyway: pinging someone you've blocked doesn't go through as far as I know, anyway.

Now, if pinglists ever become public (I sure hope they do!), there should be some nuance to this, hence why I suggest simply a button to remove someone rather than having to block to remove someone, or, if you set a pinglist to be used publically, to remove the ability to kick off users, so as not to disrupt other people's usage of it.

Uh, yeah, that's the gist of it. Add a way to remove people from pinglists. That's all.
What it says on the tin. Basically, give pinglist creators the ability to kick users who have joined one of their pinglists off it?

As it currently stands, blocking users does not remove them from pinglists.

Ideally, I'd like there to be a way to simply remove users without having to block them, as sometimes, you don't necessary want them blocked, but just not on a certain pinglist. If not that, though, at least let blocking remove someone from a pinglist. There's no point in them staying on it, anyway: pinging someone you've blocked doesn't go through as far as I know, anyway.

Now, if pinglists ever become public (I sure hope they do!), there should be some nuance to this, hence why I suggest simply a button to remove someone rather than having to block to remove someone, or, if you set a pinglist to be used publically, to remove the ability to kick off users, so as not to disrupt other people's usage of it.

Uh, yeah, that's the gist of it. Add a way to remove people from pinglists. That's all.
————————
— Cha
— they/them
Skin Shop
Wishlist
Eot-S-icon.png
x
Witch-s-heart-icon.png
x
Untitled1954.png
[quote name="Osteoderm" date="2024-03-02 07:33:59" ] I’m fairly certain pinging someone you’ve blocked does go through, so support for removing blocked players from pinglists. [/quote] Pings not go though to someone you've blocked. I don't think...? I don't think I support this. People block for any number of reasons and, for example, someone may have a free art resource that anybody can still use, and the pinglist is updates on that. The blocked person could still easily find the thread and art. So removing them from the pinglist just seems mildly petty since it already doesn't do anything. And regardless of the reasons someone is blocked, they should be allowed to get whatever pings they want regardless of whether they can actually respond to that ping. The forums are still public, and that's the only thing you can ping to.
Osteoderm wrote on 2024-03-02 07:33:59:
I’m fairly certain pinging someone you’ve blocked does go through, so support for removing blocked players from pinglists.
Pings not go though to someone you've blocked.

I don't think...? I don't think I support this. People block for any number of reasons and, for example, someone may have a free art resource that anybody can still use, and the pinglist is updates on that. The blocked person could still easily find the thread and art. So removing them from the pinglist just seems mildly petty since it already doesn't do anything.

And regardless of the reasons someone is blocked, they should be allowed to get whatever pings they want regardless of whether they can actually respond to that ping. The forums are still public, and that's the only thing you can ping to.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Osteoderm" date="2024-03-02 07:33:59" ] I’m fairly certain pinging someone you’ve blocked does go through, so support for removing blocked players from pinglists. [/quote] This is incorrect based on Kaepora's [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3282852/36#post_55352116]answer[/url] in the news post: [quote]You will not receive pings from players you've blocked or from players who have blocked you. This is true for both pinglists and regular pings. If you subscribed to a pinglist before blocking or being blocked, you will still be included in the subscription count, but your name will be hidden from the pinglist owner.[/quote] Barring that...I'm not entirely sure what the ability to remove users, individually or en masse, from your pinglists would serve? But I don't do a lot of pinglist pinging, so maybe I'm just missing it. If you're clearing a pinglist wholesale, how do people know they need to sign up again? They may never know they got dropped off the pinglist.
I’m fairly certain pinging someone you’ve blocked does go through, so support for removing blocked players from pinglists.

This is incorrect based on Kaepora's answer in the news post:
Quote:
You will not receive pings from players you've blocked or from players who have blocked you. This is true for both pinglists and regular pings.

If you subscribed to a pinglist before blocking or being blocked, you will still be included in the subscription count, but your name will be hidden from the pinglist owner.

Barring that...I'm not entirely sure what the ability to remove users, individually or en masse, from your pinglists would serve? But I don't do a lot of pinglist pinging, so maybe I'm just missing it. If you're clearing a pinglist wholesale, how do people know they need to sign up again? They may never know they got dropped off the pinglist.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
[quote name="SeaCrest" date="2024-03-02 14:05:50" ] [quote name="Osteoderm" date="2024-03-02 07:33:59" ] I’m fairly certain pinging someone you’ve blocked does go through, so support for removing blocked players from pinglists. [/quote] This is incorrect based on Kaepora's [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3282852/36#post_55352116]answer[/url] in the news post: [quote]If you subscribed to a pinglist before blocking or being blocked, you will still be included in the subscription count, but your name will be hidden from the pinglist owner.[/quote] [/quote] If blocked people's names are even hidden from the owner, and they don't get the ping, then what does it matter if they're on the list?
SeaCrest wrote on 2024-03-02 14:05:50:

Quote:
If you subscribed to a pinglist before blocking or being blocked, you will still be included in the subscription count, but your name will be hidden from the pinglist owner.
If blocked people's names are even hidden from the owner, and they don't get the ping, then what does it matter if they're on the list?
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="SeaCrest" date="2024-03-02 14:05:50" ] This is incorrect based on Kaepora's [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3282852/36#post_55352116]answer[/url] in the news post: [quote]You will not receive pings from players you've blocked or from players who have blocked you. This is true for both pinglists and regular pings. If you subscribed to a pinglist before blocking or being blocked, you will still be included in the subscription count, but your name will be hidden from the pinglist owner.[/quote] Barring that...I'm not entirely sure what the ability to remove users, individually or en masse, from your pinglists would serve? But I don't do a lot of pinglist pinging, so maybe I'm just missing it. If you're clearing a pinglist wholesale, how do people know they need to sign up again? They may never know they got dropped off the pinglist. [/quote] Ah, I was thinking of just directly @/ing someone, which I believe still notifies someone you've blocked based on my experience.
SeaCrest wrote on 2024-03-02 14:05:50:
Quote:
You will not receive pings from players you've blocked or from players who have blocked you. This is true for both pinglists and regular pings.

Barring that...I'm not entirely sure what the ability to remove users, individually or en masse, from your pinglists would serve? But I don't do a lot of pinglist pinging, so maybe I'm just missing it. If you're clearing a pinglist wholesale, how do people know they need to sign up again? They may never know they got dropped off the pinglist.
Ah, I was thinking of just directly @/ing someone, which I believe still notifies someone you've blocked based on my experience.
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
I don't really like blocking but I support this as I'd appreciate being able to remove skin flippers from my shop pinglist.

A pinglists owner being able to curate it somewhat would be useful regardless of whether blocked users get pinged or not, I think.
I don't really like blocking but I support this as I'd appreciate being able to remove skin flippers from my shop pinglist.

A pinglists owner being able to curate it somewhat would be useful regardless of whether blocked users get pinged or not, I think.
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
[quote name="@Osteoderm" date="2024-03-02 19:06:50" ] Ah, I was thinking of just directly @/ing someone, which I believe still notifies someone you've blocked based on my experience. [/quote] If you received a ping from someone you blocked, you should file a ticket, since that shouldn't be happening. See the same quote I linked above! Bolded the relevant part for emphasis :) [quote][b]You will not receive pings from players you've blocked[/b] or from players who have blocked you. This is true for both pinglists and [b]regular pings[/b].[/quote] ----- [quote name="SpookyPuptarts" date="2024-03-02 22:14:57" ] I don't really like blocking but I support this as I'd appreciate being able to remove skin flippers from my shop pinglist. A pinglists owner being able to curate it somewhat would be useful regardless of whether blocked users get pinged or not, I think. [/quote] Oh, that makes sense as a use case! Although if all it does is remove them, they can just add themselves right back if they're dogged enough.
@Osteoderm wrote on 2024-03-02 19:06:50:
Ah, I was thinking of just directly @/ing someone, which I believe still notifies someone you've blocked based on my experience.

If you received a ping from someone you blocked, you should file a ticket, since that shouldn't be happening. See the same quote I linked above! Bolded the relevant part for emphasis :)
Quote:

SpookyPuptarts wrote on 2024-03-02 22:14:57:

Oh, that makes sense as a use case! Although if all it does is remove them, they can just add themselves right back if they're dogged enough.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png