Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Tower defense game for Fairgrounds
1 2 3
[quote name="Oblivatrixon" date="2024-02-25 20:53:19" ] Oh this could have some really fun mechanics and achievements! I would dare say that you would get paid per round (Eg: surviving round one would pay 500 t then two would pay 750 t ect) [/quote] I think an increasing amount of treasure pay (kinda like Artifracture) makes sense! I like what you're considering for achievement possibilities, too. Stuff like surviving a certain amount of rounds, placing a certain amount of Gaolers, defeating a certain amount of enemies, etc are some standard choices - and I think that achievements like "Get through a round without using Gaolers of (type)" might be interesting as well.
Oblivatrixon wrote on 2024-02-25 20:53:19:
Oh this could have some really fun mechanics and achievements! I would dare say that you would get paid per round (Eg: surviving round one would pay 500 t then two would pay 750 t ect)
I think an increasing amount of treasure pay (kinda like Artifracture) makes sense!

I like what you're considering for achievement possibilities, too. Stuff like surviving a certain amount of rounds, placing a certain amount of Gaolers, defeating a certain amount of enemies, etc are some standard choices - and I think that achievements like "Get through a round without using Gaolers of (type)" might be interesting as well.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
Tower defense games are fun as hell! And I think making it ice themed with gaolers vs. the shade is a really cool theming idea since we don't have an ice themed game yet!
Tower defense games are fun as hell! And I think making it ice themed with gaolers vs. the shade is a really cool theming idea since we don't have an ice themed game yet!
jCVhFoZ.gif
[quote name="kalinka" date="2024-02-25 21:28:50" ] Tower defense games are fun as hell! And I think making it ice themed with gaolers vs. the shade is a really cool theming idea since we don't have an ice themed game yet! [/quote] That's part of the reasoning why I think an Ice-themed game would be interesting (besides how it also makes sense with Gaolers' lore) - I'd really like to let some more flights get their own Fairgrounds games!
kalinka wrote on 2024-02-25 21:28:50:
That's part of the reasoning why I think an Ice-themed game would be interesting (besides how it also makes sense with Gaolers' lore) - I'd really like to let some more flights get their own Fairgrounds games!
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
Bloons Tower Defense, one of my beloved childhood games.

I do think Gaolers vs. the Shade is a fantastic theme for it. Support.
Bloons Tower Defense, one of my beloved childhood games.

I do think Gaolers vs. the Shade is a fantastic theme for it. Support.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
Oh this would be fun!

Perhaps there would be 12 different types of towers that are the different elements and neutral? And maybe the treasure earned could start at 500 and increase by 100 for every wave survived? That should add up decently fast if you're good at TD games (5 waves starting at 500 adds up to 3,500, 10 is 9,500, and 15 is 18,000, which isn't the worst payout)
Oh this would be fun!

Perhaps there would be 12 different types of towers that are the different elements and neutral? And maybe the treasure earned could start at 500 and increase by 100 for every wave survived? That should add up decently fast if you're good at TD games (5 waves starting at 500 adds up to 3,500, 10 is 9,500, and 15 is 18,000, which isn't the worst payout)
[quote name="KrystalRage" date="2024-02-26 11:07:16" ] Oh this would be fun! Perhaps there would be 12 different types of towers that are the different elements and neutral? And maybe the treasure earned could start at 500 and increase by 100 for every wave survived? That should add up decently fast if you're good at TD games (5 waves starting at 500 adds up to 3,500, 10 is 9,500, and 15 is 18,000, which isn't the worst payout) [/quote] I like the idea of the different towers being different elements, with each one having a different elemental attack! Given that lore-wise, Gaolers are also part of 5 different "orders" (Seekers, Sentries, Keepers, Overseers, and Sentinels), I feel like something like that could be implemented into the game. As mentioned in the main post, Sentries in particular would probably make the most sense for the role in a tower defense game, given that they're the ones who keep intruders out and prisoners in. I also like the idea of the treasure payout adding up over time! I think some have brought that up, and I think it sounds like a good idea.
KrystalRage wrote on 2024-02-26 11:07:16:
Oh this would be fun!

I like the idea of the different towers being different elements, with each one having a different elemental attack! Given that lore-wise, Gaolers are also part of 5 different "orders" (Seekers, Sentries, Keepers, Overseers, and Sentinels), I feel like something like that could be implemented into the game. As mentioned in the main post, Sentries in particular would probably make the most sense for the role in a tower defense game, given that they're the ones who keep intruders out and prisoners in.

I also like the idea of the treasure payout adding up over time! I think some have brought that up, and I think it sounds like a good idea.
[quote name="KingVulture" date="2024-02-26 11:19:03" ] Given that lore-wise, Gaolers are also part of 5 different "orders" (Seekers, Sentries, Keepers, Overseers, and Sentinels), I feel like something like that could be implemented into the game. [/quote] That's a very good point to bring up. Maybe, instead of having 12 different types of towers and making it more complicated, there's only 5 that correspond to the 5 different orders which can then be 'upgraded' to the 12 different elements which all have slightly different effects (inspired by the coli effects maybe?) but otherwise make no difference to the actual shooting style of the towers? The 'towers' could include things like basic shooters, aoe, long range snipers, shotgun, scatter/explosive shot (like BTD's bomb tower), and support
KingVulture wrote on 2024-02-26 11:19:03:
Given that lore-wise, Gaolers are also part of 5 different "orders" (Seekers, Sentries, Keepers, Overseers, and Sentinels), I feel like something like that could be implemented into the game.

That's a very good point to bring up. Maybe, instead of having 12 different types of towers and making it more complicated, there's only 5 that correspond to the 5 different orders which can then be 'upgraded' to the 12 different elements which all have slightly different effects (inspired by the coli effects maybe?) but otherwise make no difference to the actual shooting style of the towers?

The 'towers' could include things like basic shooters, aoe, long range snipers, shotgun, scatter/explosive shot (like BTD's bomb tower), and support
[quote name="KrystalRage" date="2024-02-26 16:44:28" ] [quote name="KingVulture" date="2024-02-26 11:19:03" ] Given that lore-wise, Gaolers are also part of 5 different "orders" (Seekers, Sentries, Keepers, Overseers, and Sentinels), I feel like something like that could be implemented into the game. [/quote] That's a very good point to bring up. Maybe, instead of having 12 different types of towers and making it more complicated, there's only 5 that correspond to the 5 different orders which can then be 'upgraded' to the 12 different elements which all have slightly different effects (inspired by the coli effects maybe?) but otherwise make no difference to the actual shooting style of the towers? The 'towers' could include things like basic shooters, aoe, long range snipers, shotgun, scatter/explosive shot (like BTD's bomb tower), and support [/quote] I like that idea! I feel like having specific upgrades for each tower would be an interesting route.
KrystalRage wrote on 2024-02-26 16:44:28:
KingVulture wrote on 2024-02-26 11:19:03:
Given that lore-wise, Gaolers are also part of 5 different "orders" (Seekers, Sentries, Keepers, Overseers, and Sentinels), I feel like something like that could be implemented into the game.

That's a very good point to bring up. Maybe, instead of having 12 different types of towers and making it more complicated, there's only 5 that correspond to the 5 different orders which can then be 'upgraded' to the 12 different elements which all have slightly different effects (inspired by the coli effects maybe?) but otherwise make no difference to the actual shooting style of the towers?

The 'towers' could include things like basic shooters, aoe, long range snipers, shotgun, scatter/explosive shot (like BTD's bomb tower), and support
I like that idea! I feel like having specific upgrades for each tower would be an interesting route.
I feel like this would be super cool and maybe even be something that could be added to the coliseum! So different attacks, spells, levels, ect could affect the gameplay. So like maybe for elements nature dragons have the potential for an ability that creates a temporary blockade of greenery or shadow dragons being able to lay traps and create illusions that can make the enemy get lost and slow down. Something along those lines anyways.

I also think that it would make since for gaolers to be the default but with them now being known to the rest of Sorneith maybe add some of the other breeds since I could imagine many would want to help. Especially the Arcane flight with how they not only study magic but also the stars and the shade.

That or something like what dustcarve dig was. Where it expanded on the lore and history of Sorneith.

TLDR: I support and have ideas
I feel like this would be super cool and maybe even be something that could be added to the coliseum! So different attacks, spells, levels, ect could affect the gameplay. So like maybe for elements nature dragons have the potential for an ability that creates a temporary blockade of greenery or shadow dragons being able to lay traps and create illusions that can make the enemy get lost and slow down. Something along those lines anyways.

I also think that it would make since for gaolers to be the default but with them now being known to the rest of Sorneith maybe add some of the other breeds since I could imagine many would want to help. Especially the Arcane flight with how they not only study magic but also the stars and the shade.

That or something like what dustcarve dig was. Where it expanded on the lore and history of Sorneith.

TLDR: I support and have ideas
as a bloons td fan, heavy support
as a bloons td fan, heavy support
sh5xjiu.png
0XHtpWy.png
kI850Ts.png
HJLIYn4.png
mlHpBMC.png
32095602p.png
1 2 3