Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Tower defense game for Fairgrounds
1 2 3
Support, I need fairground entertainment amongst the G&G [emoji=music notes size=1]
Support, I need fairground entertainment amongst the G&G
Sales
93287172.png
/G1s & Sales!93298253.png Cv6WIk6.png
IvkG1o9.png
rUoKR6y.png
WKtl2lb.png
XpItLfB.png
aaUHYLp.png
a6iF89J.png
kBHm00y.png
loimysO.png
YMPbu9R.png
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif lF3Hy2Z.pngqBNWrht.png
[quote name="LeafMeep" date="2024-02-28 08:02:08" ] I feel like this would be super cool and maybe even be something that could be added to the coliseum! So different attacks, spells, levels, ect could affect the gameplay. So like maybe for elements nature dragons have the potential for an ability that creates a temporary blockade of greenery or shadow dragons being able to lay traps and create illusions that can make the enemy get lost and slow down. Something along those lines anyways. I also think that it would make since for gaolers to be the default but with them now being known to the rest of Sorneith maybe add some of the other breeds since I could imagine many would want to help. Especially the Arcane flight with how they not only study magic but also the stars and the shade. That or something like what dustcarve dig was. Where it expanded on the lore and history of Sorneith. TLDR: I support and have ideas [/quote] Actually, I think that extra breeds probably would be interesting to add to the game as well, come to think of it! I'm definitely thinking Gaolers would be the default, as you said, but I can see other breeds perhaps being available in later stages. I like the idea of the attacks being similar to Coliseum abilities (which could go along with what another user posted on this thread about the idea of upgrading a tower to a certain Flight). Several tower defense type games have towers with different kinds of attacks - I'm also thinking of [i]Plants vs. Zombies[/i], where the plants have different kinds of defenses against the zombies, and some that are more effective against a certain kind of enemy. I think something fairly similar could be done with this kind of game as well, perhaps with some elemental weaknesses/strengths like in the Coliseum too. Of course, I don't want the game mechanics to be [i]too[/i] complicated, but some strategy and challenge would probably make the game more fun. Like with some other Fairgrounds minigames, I think a difficulty setting could also be implemented into this game, which could adjust things like which kinds of enemies appear in the game and at which stages.
LeafMeep wrote on 2024-02-28 08:02:08:
I feel like this would be super cool and maybe even be something that could be added to the coliseum! So different attacks, spells, levels, ect could affect the gameplay. So like maybe for elements nature dragons have the potential for an ability that creates a temporary blockade of greenery or shadow dragons being able to lay traps and create illusions that can make the enemy get lost and slow down. Something along those lines anyways.

I also think that it would make since for gaolers to be the default but with them now being known to the rest of Sorneith maybe add some of the other breeds since I could imagine many would want to help. Especially the Arcane flight with how they not only study magic but also the stars and the shade.

That or something like what dustcarve dig was. Where it expanded on the lore and history of Sorneith.

TLDR: I support and have ideas
Actually, I think that extra breeds probably would be interesting to add to the game as well, come to think of it! I'm definitely thinking Gaolers would be the default, as you said, but I can see other breeds perhaps being available in later stages. I like the idea of the attacks being similar to Coliseum abilities (which could go along with what another user posted on this thread about the idea of upgrading a tower to a certain Flight).

Several tower defense type games have towers with different kinds of attacks - I'm also thinking of Plants vs. Zombies, where the plants have different kinds of defenses against the zombies, and some that are more effective against a certain kind of enemy. I think something fairly similar could be done with this kind of game as well, perhaps with some elemental weaknesses/strengths like in the Coliseum too. Of course, I don't want the game mechanics to be too complicated, but some strategy and challenge would probably make the game more fun.

Like with some other Fairgrounds minigames, I think a difficulty setting could also be implemented into this game, which could adjust things like which kinds of enemies appear in the game and at which stages.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
My first thought was that you’d pick an element to play as, and maybe pick your opponent’s or maybe that’s random, and maybe the tower you’re defending is Your Deity Itself lol (the king in the chessboard basically)

I think it would be cool to see different dragon breeds you can place on the board have different abilities based on their lore (ie “Snappers can crush the armored plating of other dragons”)

In theory I think it would be fun if the element you picked affected how many of each breed you got to work with, but in practice that would probably just make some elements more desirable to play as and would result in people picking the same one every time :P
My first thought was that you’d pick an element to play as, and maybe pick your opponent’s or maybe that’s random, and maybe the tower you’re defending is Your Deity Itself lol (the king in the chessboard basically)

I think it would be cool to see different dragon breeds you can place on the board have different abilities based on their lore (ie “Snappers can crush the armored plating of other dragons”)

In theory I think it would be fun if the element you picked affected how many of each breed you got to work with, but in practice that would probably just make some elements more desirable to play as and would result in people picking the same one every time :P
[quote name="Churrell" date="2024-03-02 08:18:33" ] My first thought was that you’d pick an element to play as, and maybe pick your opponent’s or maybe that’s random, and maybe the tower you’re defending is Your Deity Itself lol (the king in the chessboard basically) I think it would be cool to see different dragon breeds you can place on the board have different abilities based on their lore (ie “Snappers can crush the armored plating of other dragons”) In theory I think it would be fun if the element you picked affected how many of each breed you got to work with, but in practice that would probably just make some elements more desirable to play as and would result in people picking the same one every time :P [/quote] Something like that might be fairly interesting - maybe there could be different game modes focusing on different kinds of defenses? I know some tower defense games have different modes, such as you being allowed to choose which kind of "path" to play. Maybe different game modes could be unlockable as you go along. As for elemental/breed advantages, maybe there are some that are more efficient against certain kinds of enemies (though I still imagine Gaolers are probably the default breed you can play as) - that way, there [i]could[/i] still be an advantage, though not an unfairly biased one, assuming that the enemies still have a fairly equal chance to show up.
Churrell wrote on 2024-03-02 08:18:33:

Something like that might be fairly interesting - maybe there could be different game modes focusing on different kinds of defenses? I know some tower defense games have different modes, such as you being allowed to choose which kind of "path" to play. Maybe different game modes could be unlockable as you go along.

As for elemental/breed advantages, maybe there are some that are more efficient against certain kinds of enemies (though I still imagine Gaolers are probably the default breed you can play as) - that way, there could still be an advantage, though not an unfairly biased one, assuming that the enemies still have a fairly equal chance to show up.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
Support: my Bloons instincts are kicking in.
Support: my Bloons instincts are kicking in.
?1yJ3f=platform.png
RSUsSvx.png
1 2 3