Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Tower defense game for Fairgrounds
1 2 3
Admittedly, I'd be open to more Fairground games in general, but I recently had an idea for a "tower defense"-style minigame that could be added. I'm thinking it could be about Gaolers keeping the Shade contained, preventing it from reaching out into the rest of Sornieth.

I guess the most basic/main type of Gaoler in this minigame could be Sentries, given that they're the ones who fit the "defense" role best, although I can still see the different Gaoler orders having different lines of defense against the Shade enemies in the game (some aspects of Flight Rising's gameplay - including the Fairground games - aren't exactly canon to some of the stated lore, so this probably wouldn't be that big of a deal). To add a bit of a challenge, the different Shade enemies in the game could also have specific weaknesses against certain types of Gaolers.

Also, I just find tower defense games fun - I remember playing games like Bloons Tower Defense a lot when I was a kid. It could even be a pretty good way of earning treasure over a period of time, akin to the other Fairgrounds games with levels.
Admittedly, I'd be open to more Fairground games in general, but I recently had an idea for a "tower defense"-style minigame that could be added. I'm thinking it could be about Gaolers keeping the Shade contained, preventing it from reaching out into the rest of Sornieth.

I guess the most basic/main type of Gaoler in this minigame could be Sentries, given that they're the ones who fit the "defense" role best, although I can still see the different Gaoler orders having different lines of defense against the Shade enemies in the game (some aspects of Flight Rising's gameplay - including the Fairground games - aren't exactly canon to some of the stated lore, so this probably wouldn't be that big of a deal). To add a bit of a challenge, the different Shade enemies in the game could also have specific weaknesses against certain types of Gaolers.

Also, I just find tower defense games fun - I remember playing games like Bloons Tower Defense a lot when I was a kid. It could even be a pretty good way of earning treasure over a period of time, akin to the other Fairgrounds games with levels.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
Support, I'm a huge TD fan.
Support, I'm a huge TD fan.
Noodledad's wayward child on a whirlwind tour of Sornieth
uQA55c0.pngkYCXHUE.pngqC4cJJE.pngDTB2XDj.png
I don't know that I know what that even means, but I'm always in favour of more variety in the fairground games! Support.
I don't know that I know what that even means, but I'm always in favour of more variety in the fairground games! Support.
OTXJQ9a.png

the Vanguard
~
pings are OFF
pm me!
B92AFED0-9B7C-485C-8C3A-AA5FBAB5D7D8.png 8SzUkvf.png 1550190777019.png
[quote name="flootzavut" date="2024-02-24 17:26:34" ] I don't know that I know what that even means, but I'm always in favour of more variety in the fairground games! Support. [/quote] [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_defense]"Tower defense"[/url] is basically a genre of games in which you're supposed to prevent enemies from reaching something at the end of a path - given that Gaolers are meant to protect Sornieth from the Shade, I feel like that concept could work for a tower defense game.
flootzavut wrote on 2024-02-24 17:26:34:
"Tower defense" is basically a genre of games in which you're supposed to prevent enemies from reaching something at the end of a path - given that Gaolers are meant to protect Sornieth from the Shade, I feel like that concept could work for a tower defense game.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
[quote name="KingVulture" date="2024-02-24 17:37:19" ] [quote name="flootzavut" date="2024-02-24 17:26:34" ] I don't know that I know what that even means, but I'm always in favour of more variety in the fairground games! Support. [/quote] [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_defense]"Tower defense"[/url] is basically a genre of games in which you're supposed to prevent enemies from reaching something at the end of a path - given that Gaolers are meant to protect Sornieth from the Shade, I feel like that concept could work for a tower defense game. [/quote] Ahh okay! And yes, that sounds like it would be very appropriate for gaolers!
KingVulture wrote on 2024-02-24 17:37:19:
flootzavut wrote on 2024-02-24 17:26:34:
"Tower defense" is basically a genre of games in which you're supposed to prevent enemies from reaching something at the end of a path - given that Gaolers are meant to protect Sornieth from the Shade, I feel like that concept could work for a tower defense game.
Ahh okay! And yes, that sounds like it would be very appropriate for gaolers!
OTXJQ9a.png

the Vanguard
~
pings are OFF
pm me!
B92AFED0-9B7C-485C-8C3A-AA5FBAB5D7D8.png 8SzUkvf.png 1550190777019.png
Huge support. We need more fairgrounds games. I never like playing the ones we have, I just force myself to get through glimmer and gloom everyday for the 75kt. But to be fair, the games in fairgrounds just aren't really my style. But I could really get down with a TD type game, even if the payout is bad I'd 100% still play just for fun.

Huge support. We need more fairgrounds games. I never like playing the ones we have, I just force myself to get through glimmer and gloom everyday for the 75kt. But to be fair, the games in fairgrounds just aren't really my style. But I could really get down with a TD type game, even if the payout is bad I'd 100% still play just for fun.

3Y3t130.pnglctaZd8.png AvyBrzc.png
[quote name="WebstickKitten" date="2024-02-24 20:28:20" ] Huge support. We need more fairgrounds games. I never like playing the ones we have, I just force myself to get through glimmer and gloom everyday for the 75kt. But to be fair, the games in fairgrounds just aren't really my style. But I could really get down with a TD type game, even if the payout is bad I'd 100% still play just for fun. [/quote] Oh definitely! I will admit that the games in the Fairgrounds are decently fun for the most part, though they can be a bit tedious to play at times, and I feel like a more strategy-focused game would be more engaging for a lot of users.
WebstickKitten wrote on 2024-02-24 20:28:20:
Oh definitely! I will admit that the games in the Fairgrounds are decently fun for the most part, though they can be a bit tedious to play at times, and I feel like a more strategy-focused game would be more engaging for a lot of users.
Support! This sounds fun
Support! This sounds fun
DragonIC_Big.png PsychicIC_Big.png
Support! tower defense games are fun
Support! tower defense games are fun
Oh this could have some really fun mechanics and achievements! I would dare say that you would get paid per round (Eg: surviving round one would pay 500 t then two would pay 750 t ect)
Oh this could have some really fun mechanics and achievements! I would dare say that you would get paid per round (Eg: surviving round one would pay 500 t then two would pay 750 t ect)
theultimatecatsig.gif |
|
|
|
|
|
Wine is just overpriced grape juice
They/Him | FRT +17 | Artist
4sqjku3.png
»Wishlist
»Pinkerlocke
»Skin Shop