Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Why is this guy so popular?
Every few month, it seems like I have someone asking if they can buy or have Gustavo here and I cannot figure out why. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/54394924][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/543950/54394924_350.png[/img][/url] Now he is a very pretty dragon, but I have a lot of very pretty dragons. Is there something going on that I don't know about? (If one of you have asked for him, this is NOT me calling anyone out. I don't mind being asked about a dragon if they don't have lore and such and have let some dragons go. You never know. :D)
Every few month, it seems like I have someone asking if they can buy or have Gustavo here and I cannot figure out why.

54394924_350.png

Now he is a very pretty dragon, but I have a lot of very pretty dragons. Is there something going on that I don't know about?

(If one of you have asked for him, this is NOT me calling anyone out. I don't mind being asked about a dragon if they don't have lore and such and have let some dragons go. You never know. :D)
"You don't need a reason to help someone "
~Zidane Tribal
Just a guess, but maybe they want him for a breeding project? I searched AH for vermilion-strawberry/vermilion-strawberry/black-obsidian, and there aren't that many of them (and maybe they're all related idk). Also he has gem genes which could be useful for breeding purposes.
Just a guess, but maybe they want him for a breeding project? I searched AH for vermilion-strawberry/vermilion-strawberry/black-obsidian, and there aren't that many of them (and maybe they're all related idk). Also he has gem genes which could be useful for breeding purposes.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
@Susinko
It's probably for a breeding project, it's not uncommon for people to search the dragon database for specific colors. His color combo is pretty appealing and according to the comment above me, pretty rare.
If you want to you can try to take advantage of this, find a female with his color scheme to turn into a breeding pair. You might need to gene her to look like him but it could be profitable if so many people seem interested.
@Susinko
It's probably for a breeding project, it's not uncommon for people to search the dragon database for specific colors. His color combo is pretty appealing and according to the comment above me, pretty rare.
If you want to you can try to take advantage of this, find a female with his color scheme to turn into a breeding pair. You might need to gene her to look like him but it could be profitable if so many people seem interested.
oqY9oXc.png12ktefUCD.pngQPbZDkF.png
[quote name="Achaius" date="2024-02-27 09:52:01" ] Just a guess, but maybe they want him for a breeding project? I searched AH for vermilion-strawberry/vermilion-strawberry/black-obsidian, and there aren't that many of them (and maybe they're all related idk). Also he has gem genes which could be useful for breeding purposes. [/quote] can confirm that breeding projects for red dragons in particular are a unique flavor of miserable bc so many of them are closely-related. it is not normally a popular color, so there isn't a huge amount of bloodline diversity on the AH unless somebody's stock the pond pair happens to throw some lucky ones. also red features heavily in a lot of character designs that are popular lately from a few certain pieces of media, so i imagine ppl strapped for fandragon options are probably on the lookout.
Achaius wrote on 2024-02-27 09:52:01:

can confirm that breeding projects for red dragons in particular are a unique flavor of miserable bc so many of them are closely-related. it is not normally a popular color, so there isn't a huge amount of bloodline diversity on the AH unless somebody's stock the pond pair happens to throw some lucky ones.

also red features heavily in a lot of character designs that are popular lately from a few certain pieces of media, so i imagine ppl strapped for fandragon options are probably on the lookout.
[quote name="Bonnieclipse" date="2024-02-27 11:20:08" ] @Susinko It's probably for a breeding project, it's not uncommon for people to search the dragon database for specific colors. His color combo is pretty appealing and according to the comment above me, pretty rare. [/quote] All of you are probably right. I really don't want to get rid of him and I don't want to lend him out. Most people are awesome, but all it takes is one who isn't and then I won't have him any more. Looks like it's time to find him a mate. Thank you to everyone who's replied!
Bonnieclipse wrote on 2024-02-27 11:20:08:
@Susinko

All of you are probably right. I really don't want to get rid of him and I don't want to lend him out. Most people are awesome, but all it takes is one who isn't and then I won't have him any more. Looks like it's time to find him a mate.

Thank you to everyone who's replied!
~Zidane Tribal
When you find a mate can I have a baby? [emoji=coatl winking size=1] That dragon looks really fun! Have to say, whenever I have to reach out to people for breeding projects I always disclose what I need the dragons for, and every time I've gotten a message like that people have disclosed to me what they would like my dragons for in the same way (except G1s, which he isn't) And when it's important, options are always gone over in the first message or two saying like "hey, need borrow, but if you're up for it I can send the dragon I need to use to you so yours can stay in your lair safely". Or even "do you have a friend with X eyes you trust to nest with because my project needs X eyes (I never do lol)" It's a little odd that you've been contacted so many times and yet haven't been told why once. In that case it's very good that you've never agreed to lend him out. Rarely have I had to send back and ask why they want my dragon, and in those cases most of the time I never hear back. Keep safeguarding your boy!
When you find a mate can I have a baby? That dragon looks really fun!

Have to say, whenever I have to reach out to people for breeding projects I always disclose what I need the dragons for, and every time I've gotten a message like that people have disclosed to me what they would like my dragons for in the same way (except G1s, which he isn't) And when it's important, options are always gone over in the first message or two saying like "hey, need borrow, but if you're up for it I can send the dragon I need to use to you so yours can stay in your lair safely". Or even "do you have a friend with X eyes you trust to nest with because my project needs X eyes (I never do lol)"

It's a little odd that you've been contacted so many times and yet haven't been told why once. In that case it's very good that you've never agreed to lend him out. Rarely have I had to send back and ask why they want my dragon, and in those cases most of the time I never hear back. Keep safeguarding your boy!
@Susinko looks like the person who bred him is still active and breeds the pair on request if you wanna start redirecting people to them
@Susinko looks like the person who bred him is still active and breeds the pair on request if you wanna start redirecting people to them
YbK7YHI.giftumblr_nk1uzmKgNc1u3wsjco6_r1_100.png
[quote name="cantrip" date="2024-02-27 11:33:06" ] [quote name="Achaius" date="2024-02-27 09:52:01" ] Just a guess, but maybe they want him for a breeding project? I searched AH for vermilion-strawberry/vermilion-strawberry/black-obsidian, and there aren't that many of them (and maybe they're all related idk). Also he has gem genes which could be useful for breeding purposes. [/quote] can confirm that breeding projects for red dragons in particular are a unique flavor of miserable bc so many of them are closely-related. it is not normally a popular color, so there isn't a huge amount of bloodline diversity on the AH unless somebody's stock the pond pair happens to throw some lucky ones. also red features heavily in a lot of character designs that are popular lately from a few certain pieces of media, so i imagine ppl strapped for fandragon options are probably on the lookout. [/quote] ohh interesting, good to know my Stock the Pond pair did recently pop an [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92789609]all red-range wildclaw[/url] so it seems like a good idea to hang on to him until someone needs him
cantrip wrote on 2024-02-27 11:33:06:
Achaius wrote on 2024-02-27 09:52:01:

can confirm that breeding projects for red dragons in particular are a unique flavor of miserable bc so many of them are closely-related. it is not normally a popular color, so there isn't a huge amount of bloodline diversity on the AH unless somebody's stock the pond pair happens to throw some lucky ones.

also red features heavily in a lot of character designs that are popular lately from a few certain pieces of media, so i imagine ppl strapped for fandragon options are probably on the lookout.
ohh interesting, good to know

my Stock the Pond pair did recently pop an all red-range wildclaw so it seems like a good idea to hang on to him until someone needs him
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
[quote name="Zeco5000" date="2024-02-28 08:08:21" ] Susinko looks like the person who bred him is still active and breeds the pair on request if you wanna start redirecting people to them [/quote] That's a great idea! Thank you! I have been asked if people can borrow him for breeding, but most just ask if they can have him. I have over six hundred dragons, so you can imagine my confusion on why it's almost always just him. He really is cool though.
Zeco5000 wrote on 2024-02-28 08:08:21:
Susinko looks like the person who bred him is still active and breeds the pair on request if you wanna start redirecting people to them

That's a great idea! Thank you!

I have been asked if people can borrow him for breeding, but most just ask if they can have him. I have over six hundred dragons, so you can imagine my confusion on why it's almost always just him. He really is cool though.
~Zidane Tribal