Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Undertide Gene Expansion
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Thank you so much for new update.

Ive been waiting for long aether gene expansions. When they'll come? ??
Thank you so much for new update.

Ive been waiting for long aether gene expansions. When they'll come? ??
YES!!! oh my gosh!! This is super exciting, my favorite ancients getting such a big glow up! very excited for the QOL updates, as well. Thanks so much, team!
YES!!! oh my gosh!! This is super exciting, my favorite ancients getting such a big glow up! very excited for the QOL updates, as well. Thanks so much, team!
Check out my sales thread here!
Jellyfish is the CUTEST!!! But... but... why does Undertide - an ocean breed - get blossom and Auroboa, a tree dwelling breed, doesn't? D:

Idk about anyone else, but I'm starting to find the vast array of genes really bewildering. You can't remember which Ancient breed can use which genes, and you try combos in the scrying workshop, but then if it's an illegal combo whoops! You lose all the examples and it goes back to basic and you have to backpedal...

It would be really nice (I realise it might also be a lot of hard work!) if genes could still be listed, but be greyed out in the workshop when they don't apply to the breed you're currently previewing. It would be hugely helpful to working methodically through the (many!) genes, to work out the best combos for projects. *bats huge innocent eyes* }:=8)

While we're on the subject of skins and site filtering, it would also be really nice to have a filter for the Flight festival skins. Because I swap them out each fest, and I have HUNDREDS of skins to rotate through, and currently there is no way to organise them. It's honestly an issue, but only for players like me who enjoy using all the skins. I wouldn't expect mods to tag every unique player made skin, but those official to the site and sold only during specific festivals should be easy to tag by flight for easier sorting, then it's just a case of setting up a new filter.

Thanks for all the great work and dedication! ^.^
Jellyfish is the CUTEST!!! But... but... why does Undertide - an ocean breed - get blossom and Auroboa, a tree dwelling breed, doesn't? D:

Idk about anyone else, but I'm starting to find the vast array of genes really bewildering. You can't remember which Ancient breed can use which genes, and you try combos in the scrying workshop, but then if it's an illegal combo whoops! You lose all the examples and it goes back to basic and you have to backpedal...

It would be really nice (I realise it might also be a lot of hard work!) if genes could still be listed, but be greyed out in the workshop when they don't apply to the breed you're currently previewing. It would be hugely helpful to working methodically through the (many!) genes, to work out the best combos for projects. *bats huge innocent eyes* }:=8)

While we're on the subject of skins and site filtering, it would also be really nice to have a filter for the Flight festival skins. Because I swap them out each fest, and I have HUNDREDS of skins to rotate through, and currently there is no way to organise them. It's honestly an issue, but only for players like me who enjoy using all the skins. I wouldn't expect mods to tag every unique player made skin, but those official to the site and sold only during specific festivals should be easy to tag by flight for easier sorting, then it's just a case of setting up a new filter.

Thanks for all the great work and dedication! ^.^
CTF4up6.png
So excited to see every aspect of this. Long live the dev team!!
So excited to see every aspect of this. Long live the dev team!!
@Fledhyris the scrying workshop should not let you choose genes that don't exist for a particular breed? If it doesn't exist, you can't possibly preview what it would look like
@Fledhyris the scrying workshop should not let you choose genes that don't exist for a particular breed? If it doesn't exist, you can't possibly preview what it would look like
9EItjjM.gif Kururin
* Waste-not want-not
* Fan Dragons
@Kururin The point isn't for looking at one individual breed - it's for if you want to switch between breeds to see how a dragon could change, after using a breed change scroll for example, or just to see what gene/colour combos look best on different breeds to decide what project to undertake.

You're going back and forth between lots of different breeds, genes and colours in the workshop, and sure, you know that some genes won't apply to some breeds. But there are a lot of genes, and keeping that whole list in mind isn't practical; you can easily forget a particular gene because it's not listed at all when you preview a breed which can't have it.

I just think it would be helpful to have the gene there in the list, but greyed out to show it can't be applied. Obviously those genes should still revert to basic for that dragon, in the preview. Then you can work methodically down the whole list to see what works, what doesn't, and what just can't be used.

I've edited my previous post to make this clearer :)
@Kururin The point isn't for looking at one individual breed - it's for if you want to switch between breeds to see how a dragon could change, after using a breed change scroll for example, or just to see what gene/colour combos look best on different breeds to decide what project to undertake.

You're going back and forth between lots of different breeds, genes and colours in the workshop, and sure, you know that some genes won't apply to some breeds. But there are a lot of genes, and keeping that whole list in mind isn't practical; you can easily forget a particular gene because it's not listed at all when you preview a breed which can't have it.

I just think it would be helpful to have the gene there in the list, but greyed out to show it can't be applied. Obviously those genes should still revert to basic for that dragon, in the preview. Then you can work methodically down the whole list to see what works, what doesn't, and what just can't be used.

I've edited my previous post to make this clearer :)
CTF4up6.png
...do you know I hard it is for me to not dump jellyfish on every single Undertide in my lair, because you have no idea the amount of willpower I am having to use right now. I love Jellyfish so much and now there's a gene and just aaaahhhhhhh!!!!

We need it for everything, and I literally mean EVERYTHING, modern, ancients, future ancients.

They shall be my squishies!
...do you know I hard it is for me to not dump jellyfish on every single Undertide in my lair, because you have no idea the amount of willpower I am having to use right now. I love Jellyfish so much and now there's a gene and just aaaahhhhhhh!!!!

We need it for everything, and I literally mean EVERYTHING, modern, ancients, future ancients.

They shall be my squishies!
7258804ae2f2ebf17e0f9ca189ad072b.png
Yooo this is gonna be dope!!! love it!!
Yooo this is gonna be dope!!! love it!!
7naJZM8.gif7naJZM8.gif7naJZM8.gif7naJZM8.gif
THE JELLYFISH GENE IS SO CUTE AAAGHHHH!! [emoji=undertide love size=1]
THE JELLYFISH GENE IS SO CUTE AAAGHHHH!!
I feel like the gene tabs was a long time coming, I am glad to see something integrated.
I feel like the gene tabs was a long time coming, I am glad to see something integrated.
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47