Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Awakened Familiars
1 2
I keep one of every familiar, because otherwise it makes your bestiary count in forum posts go down.

Also I have ~150 permas in hib who all need awakened familiars.
I keep one of every familiar, because otherwise it makes your bestiary count in forum posts go down.

Also I have ~150 permas in hib who all need awakened familiars.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
Been doing more thinking on this and I think what's bothering me the most is that for me it's more of an "all or nothing" type of situation. I either get all of the familiars (and that includes KS, downtime, and the (light) sprites) or I just don't have any. Because even though I may one day reach the point of 0 undiscovered familiars there's still gonna be some that don't have the colored background which would eventually bug me :\
Been doing more thinking on this and I think what's bothering me the most is that for me it's more of an "all or nothing" type of situation. I either get all of the familiars (and that includes KS, downtime, and the (light) sprites) or I just don't have any. Because even though I may one day reach the point of 0 undiscovered familiars there's still gonna be some that don't have the colored background which would eventually bug me :\
sdQALHp.pngpLa90p5.pngbukyt68.png7m2CQ14.pngAvSvYKk.pngBH6H9qL.pngZ6ShkCk.pngvlnoLF7.pngeyXxC46.pngPWaEUM7.pnguUsIYgK.pngJTNryKY.pngs5qhQvC.pngzDNAPZW.png6rm63N0.pngAKIfioS.pngmEPWhO0.png ___ __ CcntWud.png
I keep only ones I find pretty. rest I sell/melt (should do cleanup again...). more money
I keep only ones I find pretty. rest I sell/melt (should do cleanup again...). more money
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
I keep all mine in my vault & sell duplicates from time to time - but I like collecting things so ^^
I keep all mine in my vault & sell duplicates from time to time - but I like collecting things so ^^
972ee6408be03363898b64bb29e640034b1310b4.png7667dd2c536ecd719b369737ff16de5f7adb05d1.pnge6cfb360af67b7bc3881ae209414f2ca128d5b19.png
I don't know I play this game to have fun and the KS grind is just not fun for me. It doesn't really bother me because I'm missing the entire set. If I got one KS familiar I'd have to get them all but like, doing -5 in my head's not that bad. I started aiming for the sprites and such around the time they announced they were switching to open registration because I knew it'd change both the prices for retired items and the culture of the site. In a way I feel bad for the newbies, but that's what Fiona is actually for, and I'm happy with my five gilded chests.

Anyway, it'd be annoying to have to reacquire them if I needed them and to me, they're so impossible to get they don't count. Plus I used to give away extra stuff like sprites I had, and people would just sell them (well within their rights to, but it made me uncomfy), so I don't do that anymore.
I don't know I play this game to have fun and the KS grind is just not fun for me. It doesn't really bother me because I'm missing the entire set. If I got one KS familiar I'd have to get them all but like, doing -5 in my head's not that bad. I started aiming for the sprites and such around the time they announced they were switching to open registration because I knew it'd change both the prices for retired items and the culture of the site. In a way I feel bad for the newbies, but that's what Fiona is actually for, and I'm happy with my five gilded chests.

Anyway, it'd be annoying to have to reacquire them if I needed them and to me, they're so impossible to get they don't count. Plus I used to give away extra stuff like sprites I had, and people would just sell them (well within their rights to, but it made me uncomfy), so I don't do that anymore.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
I have at least one of every familiar I've ever had. I can't bring myself to get rid of them - see - colorful backdrop, completionist, anxiety.
But I also have the luxury of having been around for a *very* long time, and I have everything except the KS/Bools fams.
And because I've maintained awakening fams as I get them, I've managed to awaken the KS/Bools ones through Fiona.
Out of 1212 (currently) fams, I have 1207. Out of those 1207, 1173 are awakened, and 34 are not. If I hadn't maintained that all these years, I would absolutely see this as a herculean task.

I will never get rid of a single copy of a fam. Worked too hard and too long to get here. Too much anxiety. Need to complete.
I have at least one of every familiar I've ever had. I can't bring myself to get rid of them - see - colorful backdrop, completionist, anxiety.
But I also have the luxury of having been around for a *very* long time, and I have everything except the KS/Bools fams.
And because I've maintained awakening fams as I get them, I've managed to awaken the KS/Bools ones through Fiona.
Out of 1212 (currently) fams, I have 1207. Out of those 1207, 1173 are awakened, and 34 are not. If I hadn't maintained that all these years, I would absolutely see this as a herculean task.

I will never get rid of a single copy of a fam. Worked too hard and too long to get here. Too much anxiety. Need to complete.
Tv3mIE1.pngFJ5ErSg.png.................t7c0Syo.gif...............70XzIN1.pngl3_book.pngnt9qBvL.pngm24_book.pngKhebDH8.pngl4_book.pngm3_book.pngimage.png
ADb9Vnz.png
I keep awakened fams in Vault because maybe one day I will need them for my future lore dragons who will need a certain familiar.

And also keeping awakened fams in your hoard\vault\or on a dragon gives them a starry background in Bestiary, I find it fascinating.
I keep awakened fams in Vault because maybe one day I will need them for my future lore dragons who will need a certain familiar.

And also keeping awakened fams in your hoard\vault\or on a dragon gives them a starry background in Bestiary, I find it fascinating.
natureshieldl.png 84465750p.png 71e09b42cae1da0e3bce33c48764c15f1b5af3ac.png
fP0089X.png
xCVbB5p.pngrix3ppo.png
1 2