Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The silliest mistake you've ever made?
1 2 3
When I was a lot newer to FR, I bought the iridescent gene on the AH for like twice the amount it is in the Marketplace because I didn't realize the Marketplace existed. So much money wasted, but that seller got quite the payday!
When I was a lot newer to FR, I bought the iridescent gene on the AH for like twice the amount it is in the Marketplace because I didn't realize the Marketplace existed. So much money wasted, but that seller got quite the payday!
Neurodivergent Nonbinary Adult
Any Pronouns, No Preference

I have a processing disorder and I'm notoriously awful at math so patience is highly appreciated.

Feel free to ping me; I appreciate serious and silly pings!

My Questboard and Wishlist!
Giving crim an eliminate when they were 700g lol. Taught me to definitely double check hahaha
Giving crim an eliminate when they were 700g lol. Taught me to definitely double check hahaha
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
exalting my progens' kid unnamed.
exalting my progens' kid unnamed.
-ruite
she/her
hatchery
comms
Auctioning off a stack of holiday currency for 50T. Happens once every few festivals and makes me very upsetti
Auctioning off a stack of holiday currency for 50T. Happens once every few festivals and makes me very upsetti
Emerald • she/her • FR+2 • breeding challengebuying green dragons
23518.png12944.png13405.png1015.png12196.png
Hopefully you get your eggs back through support!

What comes to mind for me is when I accidentally buy the wrong gene because I mix up the names for primary/secondary genes a lot (eg constellation / starmap)

It happened often enough that I now go to the game database and then click the check auction or marketplace buttons from there, since there is a giant picture of what the gene looks like on the dragon so I notice before I make the mistake again :D
Hopefully you get your eggs back through support!

What comes to mind for me is when I accidentally buy the wrong gene because I mix up the names for primary/secondary genes a lot (eg constellation / starmap)

It happened often enough that I now go to the game database and then click the check auction or marketplace buttons from there, since there is a giant picture of what the gene looks like on the dragon so I notice before I make the mistake again :D
My dragon, Harvest, a brown/green coloured Obelisk
I have SO MANY genes that I bought on impulse, only to realise it'd be better to just exalt the ugly dragon- and now they won't sell.
I have SO MANY genes that I bought on impulse, only to realise it'd be better to just exalt the ugly dragon- and now they won't sell.
Hey, I'm Kabet!
He/They/Any

Wishlist
i once bought a wildclaw vista instead of a wildclaw breed change.. yeah i was upset that day
i once bought a wildclaw vista instead of a wildclaw breed change.. yeah i was upset that day
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x XCEDzej.gif
cobra den
jYHfyJk.gif
wishlist
SDMKiMj.gif
soon to come
[quote name="foreboding" date="2024-02-23 13:45:05" ] i once bought a wildclaw vista instead of a wildclaw breed change.. yeah i was upset that day [/quote] I don't know why but this one made me laugh. I applied aether breed change to the wrong dragon :(
foreboding wrote on 2024-02-23 13:45:05:
I don't know why but this one made me laugh.

I applied aether breed change to the wrong dragon :(
FObX7rS.png
A mild mistake, but I once bought the secondary Aether gene Edged, instead of the primary Aether gene Laced.

I've still been holding onto it for now, in the off-chance I ever do an Aether project with Edged (or perhaps I can trade it in for a Parchment given the new update... we'll see).

I don't even really use Laced/Edged that often.
A mild mistake, but I once bought the secondary Aether gene Edged, instead of the primary Aether gene Laced.

I've still been holding onto it for now, in the off-chance I ever do an Aether project with Edged (or perhaps I can trade it in for a Parchment given the new update... we'll see).

I don't even really use Laced/Edged that often.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too

During notn I sold a bunch of chests for 17t instead of 17g and it kept. happening. I wasn't too upset about it tho, it was more like an "oops, well I hope that made someone's night" type of deal :D

Edit: Whoops I forgot about the time I bought Alloy instead of Shimmer, or the many many times I've either bought the primary when I wanted the secondary or vise versa. To say NOTHING of how many times I've accidentally bought the ancient versions of genes instead of the modern ones.

During notn I sold a bunch of chests for 17t instead of 17g and it kept. happening. I wasn't too upset about it tho, it was more like an "oops, well I hope that made someone's night" type of deal :D

Edit: Whoops I forgot about the time I bought Alloy instead of Shimmer, or the many many times I've either bought the primary when I wanted the secondary or vise versa. To say NOTHING of how many times I've accidentally bought the ancient versions of genes instead of the modern ones.

PbW1AsJ.png
Mundane | he/it | 29

Exalt Rescue
About Me
Wishlist

1 2 3