Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Oh? [Site status post]
1 2 3 4 5
I've been refreshing the marketplace for an aura breed change and I was so confused when the tabs changed, it scared me for a second!
I've been refreshing the marketplace for an aura breed change and I was so confused when the tabs changed, it scared me for a second!
A fake clickbait from Flight Rising's 2016 April Fool's event.  This image changes on refresh.
[quote name="Tropius" date="2024-02-22 09:17:38" ] I've been refreshing the marketplace for an aura breed change and I was so confused when the tabs changed, it scared me for a second! [/quote] Staff jumpscare! I'm really happy with this change. The gene market place has become such a nightmare to navigate, this will make things much easier.
Tropius wrote on 2024-02-22 09:17:38:

Staff jumpscare!

I'm really happy with this change. The gene market place has become such a nightmare to navigate, this will make things much easier.
dlJsEIj.png
finally! It'll make it way easier when I'm trying to buy genes :D

(incidentally when I saw the modern icon I thought it was the megamind logo for a sec lol)
finally! It'll make it way easier when I'm trying to buy genes :D

(incidentally when I saw the modern icon I thought it was the megamind logo for a sec lol)
Looks like they're implementing a lot of things today. I hope they're not feeling pressured to put out an update early as a reaction to the Paisley/Blend debacle, and that it's just fortunate timing that they were ready to put this out RIGHT after that happened.

Either way, excited to see what comes :)

EDIT: The parchments are in the game database. Looks like it is a Glass and Gloss thing.

Ancient Gene Parchment: Candycane
Looks like they're implementing a lot of things today. I hope they're not feeling pressured to put out an update early as a reaction to the Paisley/Blend debacle, and that it's just fortunate timing that they were ready to put this out RIGHT after that happened.

EDIT: The parchments are in the game database. Looks like it is a Glass and Gloss thing.

Ancient Gene Parchment: Candycane
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
fluttering my eyelashes in excitement...new update new update new
fluttering my eyelashes in excitement...new update new update new
74580052.png
84589772.png
MONTY
he/it/veil
adhdtism
skincent shop
93641105.png
i’m lookin at that moderation update, i love how the staff keep things so clear with us
i’m lookin at that moderation update, i love how the staff keep things so clear with us
____

fr +1 | she/they
skins | adopts
xJIb1S3.png
[quote name="DeathbyPixelz" date="2024-02-22 09:29:10" ] Looks like they're implementing a lot of things today. I hope they're not feeling pressured to put out an update early as a reaction to the Paisley/Blend debacle, and that it's just fortunate timing that they were ready to put this out RIGHT after that happened. Either way, excited to see what comes :) [/quote] I don't think that's likely at all— this all seems like it's been in the works for a while. This is all non-art-team stuff, and I think it's more likely that the gene situation would have made them push back some of or all of this stuff by a day or three so that they could give a firm statement on the gene issue before giving a major update. I mean, if they'd given us this without replying to the more immediate gene stuff first with a game plan, I think people would have rioted no matter how cool the update stuff is! In that sort of situation, people end up feeling like their voice isn't being heard and that cool stuff is intended as a pacifier rather than as cool stuff in its own right. This way, we can appreciate it on its own because the devs already replied to the gene situation with a fix and a definitive game plan going forward!
DeathbyPixelz wrote on 2024-02-22 09:29:10:

I don't think that's likely at all— this all seems like it's been in the works for a while. This is all non-art-team stuff, and I think it's more likely that the gene situation would have made them push back some of or all of this stuff by a day or three so that they could give a firm statement on the gene issue before giving a major update.

I mean, if they'd given us this without replying to the more immediate gene stuff first with a game plan, I think people would have rioted no matter how cool the update stuff is! In that sort of situation, people end up feeling like their voice isn't being heard and that cool stuff is intended as a pacifier rather than as cool stuff in its own right.

This way, we can appreciate it on its own because the devs already replied to the gene situation with a fix and a definitive game plan going forward!
I'm SCREAMING I'm so happy [emoji=guardian happy size=1] Also heck yeah Moderns REPRESENT [emoji=modern size=1][emoji=modern size=1][emoji=modern size=1]
I'm SCREAMING I'm so happy

Also heck yeah Moderns REPRESENT
no FObX7rS.png
hh5n4WA.png
7OY8Vcs.png
image.png
lAvpyOQ.png
nWiQNX9.png
nooo R3T9Jmp.png
just checked the game database and this is LITERALLY a dream come true [img]https://file.garden/ZU0D1gx2nVLn6J72/image.png[/img] [s]FINALLY got the pic to upload omfg[/s] i'm going to be trading sooo many genes in today for my 1000 undertide projects.... let's gooooooo
just checked the game database and this is LITERALLY a dream come true

image.png

FINALLY got the pic to upload ****

i'm going to be trading sooo many genes in today for my 1000 undertide projects.... let's gooooooo
a screenshot of a youtube comment dated ten years ago from Povilas Šorys. the comment says, 'why he has to squeak and mewl while singing? I hate radiohead'
OH this is glorious
OH this is glorious
ctFAI4k.gif
1 2 3 4 5