Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | revert auraboa fern/paisley
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 39 40
[quote name="Twiggies" date="2024-02-20 13:13:48" ] If the staff (and some users) want to blame users for it being "obvious" that it's a bug, then they need to make it actually obvious. You have to go out of your way to specifically find a thread about bugs to even guess if something is bugged, and even then, someone might look at it one day and not see the gene they're looking at in the thread, unaware it got added on the next day! I very rarely use the forums outside of my hatchery and nest rentals. I hazard a lot of users are the same. An example of a blatantly obvious place to put it where most people who don't participate on the forums would see it would be in the scrying workshop. Have a little exclamation point icon pop up when the user selects a gene that is bugged on a particular breed/age/gender combo, that when hovered over shows a tooltip saying something like "This gene is flagged for an update." or something like that, which warns the user its going to be changed. It's unfair to say its 'obvious' when the user has to go out of their way to go to the bug forums, *and* have to guess that the gene is bugged months after release. I also agree with other users that this didn't seem like a bug at all but rather a conscious stylistic decision, which is consistent with other genes that treats the upper wing section as a mane. [/quote] That’s a good idea, I didn’t consider that. Full support for this.
Twiggies wrote on 2024-02-20 13:13:48:
If the staff (and some users) want to blame users for it being "obvious" that it's a bug, then they need to make it actually obvious. You have to go out of your way to specifically find a thread about bugs to even guess if something is bugged, and even then, someone might look at it one day and not see the gene they're looking at in the thread, unaware it got added on the next day!

I very rarely use the forums outside of my hatchery and nest rentals. I hazard a lot of users are the same.

An example of a blatantly obvious place to put it where most people who don't participate on the forums would see it would be in the scrying workshop. Have a little exclamation point icon pop up when the user selects a gene that is bugged on a particular breed/age/gender combo, that when hovered over shows a tooltip saying something like "This gene is flagged for an update." or something like that, which warns the user its going to be changed.

It's unfair to say its 'obvious' when the user has to go out of their way to go to the bug forums, *and* have to guess that the gene is bugged months after release.

I also agree with other users that this didn't seem like a bug at all but rather a conscious stylistic decision, which is consistent with other genes that treats the upper wing section as a mane.
That’s a good idea, I didn’t consider that. Full support for this.
12475606.png87597622.png84500972.png83156440.png88684011.png56303576.png
Support.

The old version added depth to the layering of the feathers, and the gradient was quite gorgeous.

This new version flattens the entire image of the dragon. It's as if they took a pattern stamp and squished it down on top of the wings. It looks cheap, to be frank.
Support.

The old version added depth to the layering of the feathers, and the gradient was quite gorgeous.

This new version flattens the entire image of the dragon. It's as if they took a pattern stamp and squished it down on top of the wings. It looks cheap, to be frank.
Ln1NYa7.gif
» sales thread
» tumblr
[quote name="Twiggies" date="2024-02-20 13:13:48" ] If the staff (and some users) want to blame users for it being "obvious" that it's a bug, then they need to make it actually obvious. You have to go out of your way to specifically find a thread about bugs to even guess if something is bugged, and even then, someone might look at it one day and not see the gene they're looking at in the thread, unaware it got added on the next day! I very rarely use the forums outside of my hatchery and nest rentals. I hazard a lot of users are the same. An example of a blatantly obvious place to put it where most people who don't participate on the forums would see it would be in the scrying workshop. Have a little exclamation point icon pop up when the user selects a gene that is bugged on a particular breed/age/gender combo, that when hovered over shows a tooltip saying something like "This gene is flagged for an update." or something like that, which warns the user its going to be changed. It's unfair to say its 'obvious' when the user has to go out of their way to go to the bug forums, *and* have to guess that the gene is bugged months after release. I also agree with other users that this didn't seem like a bug at all but rather a conscious stylistic decision, which is consistent with other genes that treats the upper wing section as a mane. [/quote] Here is a quick and dirty mockup of that idea. [img]https://i.imgur.com/g3lTI7X.png[/img]
If the staff (and some users) want to blame users for it being "obvious" that it's a bug, then they need to make it actually obvious. You have to go out of your way to specifically find a thread about bugs to even guess if something is bugged, and even then, someone might look at it one day and not see the gene they're looking at in the thread, unaware it got added on the next day!

I very rarely use the forums outside of my hatchery and nest rentals. I hazard a lot of users are the same.

An example of a blatantly obvious place to put it where most people who don't participate on the forums would see it would be in the scrying workshop. Have a little exclamation point icon pop up when the user selects a gene that is bugged on a particular breed/age/gender combo, that when hovered over shows a tooltip saying something like "This gene is flagged for an update." or something like that, which warns the user its going to be changed.

It's unfair to say its 'obvious' when the user has to go out of their way to go to the bug forums, *and* have to guess that the gene is bugged months after release.

I also agree with other users that this didn't seem like a bug at all but rather a conscious stylistic decision, which is consistent with other genes that treats the upper wing section as a mane.

Here is a quick and dirty mockup of that idea.

g3lTI7X.png
13ulbasaur.gif vRisyDR.png
[quote name="Twiggies" date="2024-02-20 15:26:54" ] [quote name="Twiggies" date="2024-02-20 13:13:48" ] If the staff (and some users) want to blame users for it being "obvious" that it's a bug, then they need to make it actually obvious. You have to go out of your way to specifically find a thread about bugs to even guess if something is bugged, and even then, someone might look at it one day and not see the gene they're looking at in the thread, unaware it got added on the next day! I very rarely use the forums outside of my hatchery and nest rentals. I hazard a lot of users are the same. An example of a blatantly obvious place to put it where most people who don't participate on the forums would see it would be in the scrying workshop. Have a little exclamation point icon pop up when the user selects a gene that is bugged on a particular breed/age/gender combo, that when hovered over shows a tooltip saying something like "This gene is flagged for an update." or something like that, which warns the user its going to be changed. It's unfair to say its 'obvious' when the user has to go out of their way to go to the bug forums, *and* have to guess that the gene is bugged months after release. I also agree with other users that this didn't seem like a bug at all but rather a conscious stylistic decision, which is consistent with other genes that treats the upper wing section as a mane. [/quote] Here is a quick and dirty mockup of that idea. [img]https://i.imgur.com/g3lTI7X.png[/img] [/quote] [center]This would be a nice QoL update, and would help a lot of people that don't look at the gene bugs thread(s) [s]me[/s]. Could maybe do a popup that says after you click predict "The following genes have confirmed bugs and are set to change: -List of genes used" You could always opt out of the popup though. I know popups annoy people >>
Twiggies wrote on 2024-02-20 15:26:54:

g3lTI7X.png
This would be a nice QoL update, and would help a lot of people that don't look at the gene bugs thread(s) me.

Could maybe do a popup that says after you click predict "The following genes have confirmed bugs and are set to change:
-List of genes used"

You could always opt out of the popup though. I know popups annoy people >>
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
Honestly a little disheartened to see staff hasn't seemingly noticed or addressed this issue yet. I hope they do, we have more than 30 pages of people who wan't something done.
Honestly a little disheartened to see staff hasn't seemingly noticed or addressed this issue yet. I hope they do, we have more than 30 pages of people who wan't something done.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
At the very least it would be nice to have a small confirmation that they are considering some kind of compromise or not.

The longer it takes to address this, the more previously loved Auraboas are getting regened or exalted as a result of the new Paisley.
At the very least it would be nice to have a small confirmation that they are considering some kind of compromise or not.

The longer it takes to address this, the more previously loved Auraboas are getting regened or exalted as a result of the new Paisley.
bantam-Fanger.png
NefariousKing #221629

FR+2 | Bestiary Completionist
small dragon banner by Caprexes
[quote name="Twiggies" date="2024-02-20 15:26:54" ] [quote name="Twiggies" date="2024-02-20 13:13:48" ] If the staff (and some users) want to blame users for it being "obvious" that it's a bug, then they need to make it actually obvious. You have to go out of your way to specifically find a thread about bugs to even guess if something is bugged, and even then, someone might look at it one day and not see the gene they're looking at in the thread, unaware it got added on the next day! I very rarely use the forums outside of my hatchery and nest rentals. I hazard a lot of users are the same. An example of a blatantly obvious place to put it where most people who don't participate on the forums would see it would be in the scrying workshop. Have a little exclamation point icon pop up when the user selects a gene that is bugged on a particular breed/age/gender combo, that when hovered over shows a tooltip saying something like "This gene is flagged for an update." or something like that, which warns the user its going to be changed. It's unfair to say its 'obvious' when the user has to go out of their way to go to the bug forums, *and* have to guess that the gene is bugged months after release. I also agree with other users that this didn't seem like a bug at all but rather a conscious stylistic decision, which is consistent with other genes that treats the upper wing section as a mane. [/quote] Here is a quick and dirty mockup of that idea. [img]https://i.imgur.com/g3lTI7X.png[/img] [/quote] I'm coming back to support a flag in the Scrying Workshop for "bugged" genes and genes that are on a list to change in some way. Please, please, PLEASE, we're in need of this at this point. I feel like we're going to have another one of these instances happen again, since it's already happened with Obies and now Auroboas.
Twiggies wrote on 2024-02-20 15:26:54:

g3lTI7X.png

I'm coming back to support a flag in the Scrying Workshop for "bugged" genes and genes that are on a list to change in some way. Please, please, PLEASE, we're in need of this at this point. I feel like we're going to have another one of these instances happen again, since it's already happened with Obies and now Auroboas.
Neurodivergent Nonbinary Adult
Any Pronouns, No Preference

I have a processing disorder and I'm notoriously awful at math so patience is highly appreciated.

Feel free to ping me; I appreciate serious and silly pings!

My Questboard and Wishlist!
Support. This “fix” was extremely disappointing. In general, I do not like this trend of sacrificing artistic vision in favor of Absolute Consistency. Staff has said before that some genes may be designed slightly differently to work better for certain breeds. Why is that not being honored? Why do we need to hammer out every speck of uniqueness, even those (like Paisley) that were clearly intentionally designed? If Pearlcatchers can have smaller swirls and Obelisks can have big shiny manes, Auraboa should be allowed some flexibility to match their anatomy too.

Also, just a general piece of advice: Screenshot and save your completed projects! I have started archiving all of my projects on my computer, and it’s saved my butt a few times when genes were changed. Even if the site art changes, you’ll still be able to look at your dragons the way they were.
Support. This “fix” was extremely disappointing. In general, I do not like this trend of sacrificing artistic vision in favor of Absolute Consistency. Staff has said before that some genes may be designed slightly differently to work better for certain breeds. Why is that not being honored? Why do we need to hammer out every speck of uniqueness, even those (like Paisley) that were clearly intentionally designed? If Pearlcatchers can have smaller swirls and Obelisks can have big shiny manes, Auraboa should be allowed some flexibility to match their anatomy too.

Also, just a general piece of advice: Screenshot and save your completed projects! I have started archiving all of my projects on my computer, and it’s saved my butt a few times when genes were changed. Even if the site art changes, you’ll still be able to look at your dragons the way they were.
shopbutton-resize-transparent.png
Support! I love how it looked before, and it made me excited to gene up an Auraboa I got. It definitely looked better before the change.
Support! I love how it looked before, and it made me excited to gene up an Auraboa I got. It definitely looked better before the change.
i6v47.gif ART SHOP! | Fandragons! | Wishlistjmmdg.gif1MhDR.gifV8rfN.gifMroYj.gifexWWM.gif
this is the first i'm hearing about this and i'm in full support, i like how the old version looks much better. it's more realistic, in a way, and yeah, at the very least they should have done an open user poll to see what the community thought about it before just doing it and wrecking peoples' plans like that.
this is the first i'm hearing about this and i'm in full support, i like how the old version looks much better. it's more realistic, in a way, and yeah, at the very least they should have done an open user poll to see what the community thought about it before just doing it and wrecking peoples' plans like that.
n9LAXHI.png
swN0YRQ.png
LvvTlaP.png
foF7QGb.png
mAlnTLL.png
DAuLoYm.png
5VuuwLe.png
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 39 40