Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | do you love and accept furbies
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
for one, yes. i love and appreciate furbies up here!! all kinds too, no matter what freaky modifications it has i still love them plenty.

speaking of modifications, i once bought a long furby, 'cept the person who was making it for me got hard times in life and i sadly lost contact with them, so cant say i ever got a long one </3

NORMAL ones though? i have quite a FEW. i have 2 1998s, 1 (mute) 2005, 3 2014s, and one 1999. as you might be able to tell... i am pretty normal about furbies! and they all are nestled nicely in my room, i love em all :o)

never got any of the newer furbies, sadly! i meant to when i used to be super into furbies, but alas... just didn't happen. i might see if i can ever snag one for a good price, though.

fun fact- 2005s often go for 50$, but i got mine for 25$!! thank you facebook marketplace ^_^
for one, yes. i love and appreciate furbies up here!! all kinds too, no matter what freaky modifications it has i still love them plenty.

speaking of modifications, i once bought a long furby, 'cept the person who was making it for me got hard times in life and i sadly lost contact with them, so cant say i ever got a long one </3

NORMAL ones though? i have quite a FEW. i have 2 1998s, 1 (mute) 2005, 3 2014s, and one 1999. as you might be able to tell... i am pretty normal about furbies! and they all are nestled nicely in my room, i love em all :o)

never got any of the newer furbies, sadly! i meant to when i used to be super into furbies, but alas... just didn't happen. i might see if i can ever snag one for a good price, though.

fun fact- 2005s often go for 50$, but i got mine for 25$!! thank you facebook marketplace ^_^
I have a furby baby but she is quite loud so we keep her with no batteries. her mouth is perpetually open. been thinking about modding her, maybe someday. could turn her into a centaur or something, for fun :)
I have a furby baby but she is quite loud so we keep her with no batteries. her mouth is perpetually open. been thinking about modding her, maybe someday. could turn her into a centaur or something, for fun :)

genderfluid butch
disabled FR time +10

dragonsona WIP lair incomplete
aviation science
[quote name="Renaiwom" date="2024-01-22 05:37:42" ] I think Connect and the OGs were the only ones that actually like, executed on their gimmick well? Though, being fair, I haven't gotten to play with a Furby Boom or Party Rocker, Booms like OP's might be ok, and the app was... fine? 2013 didn't have a high enough changing-personality threshold for it to feel like... not the gimmick it was, and 2005 was just Sleepy Grandma Furby even though having voice recognition tech in 2005 in a toy that could be comfortably held was pretty neat![/quote] I've never had a Connect, so I can't comment on it, but the original being mentioned as succeeding at its own gimmick rings true to me, haha. The originals are my favourite version because their simplicity allows for great imaginative play. They feel (to me) more like virtual pets than the others, and it's easy to imagine them having different personalities and such because of their ability to "learn", combined with the randomized name and voice pitch. No two original Furbys feel exactly the same. There are no gimmicks to get in the way of that feeling. The latter versions have lost some of what made the originals so charming! The Emototronic focused too much on its gimmick, and the programming was far too simplistic (only like, 5 different commands and no idle chatter - it feels like a robot.) while the 2012 and Boom felt a bit too "canned" with the constantly changing "personality" types. My first 2012 was a quick disappointment, and despite trying, I couldn't really feel attached to her like my originals because instead of being a virtual pet I get to imagine a personality for by interacting with, she would be constantly be switching to a very specific, limited set of attitudes and phrases that were perpetually contradicting. I have a couple in my collection and due to the "personality" changing feature, every 2012 Furby feels exactly the same. and the Boom... Oh boy. It's like the 2012 but on a wild sugar rush, with no indoor voice and even more over the top behaviour. The screen eyes occasionally playing animations of objects and emojis and such also lessened the "lifelike" feeling that the original Furby did fairly effortlessly with simpler technology. [quote] I kinda think Long Furbys are in that weird corner of "That's a really impressive craft project, but also why." since they tend to be destructive towards a toy I have a real fondness for, and it's not like they're gonna make more. Also the designs can creep me out... definitely still respect for the skill level that goes into making them though! [/quote] I've noticed that many long Furbys were made using Furbs with broken electronics, so it's a pretty fun way to give an old broken Furby a new life! I think if one of my originals ever broke, I'd give 'em a fun custom makeover. Not long, but I see myself going for some kind of raptor/dromaeosaurid look, complete with feathery paws.
Renaiwom wrote on 2024-01-22 05:37:42:
I think Connect and the OGs were the only ones that actually like, executed on their gimmick well? Though, being fair, I haven't gotten to play with a Furby Boom or Party Rocker, Booms like OP's might be ok, and the app was... fine? 2013 didn't have a high enough changing-personality threshold for it to feel like... not the gimmick it was, and 2005 was just Sleepy Grandma Furby even though having voice recognition tech in 2005 in a toy that could be comfortably held was pretty neat!

I've never had a Connect, so I can't comment on it, but the original being mentioned as succeeding at its own gimmick rings true to me, haha.

The originals are my favourite version because their simplicity allows for great imaginative play.
They feel (to me) more like virtual pets than the others, and it's easy to imagine them having different personalities and such because of their ability to "learn", combined with the randomized name and voice pitch. No two original Furbys feel exactly the same. There are no gimmicks to get in the way of that feeling.

The latter versions have lost some of what made the originals so charming!

The Emototronic focused too much on its gimmick, and the programming was far too simplistic (only like, 5 different commands and no idle chatter - it feels like a robot.) while the 2012 and Boom felt a bit too "canned" with the constantly changing "personality" types.

My first 2012 was a quick disappointment, and despite trying, I couldn't really feel attached to her like my originals because instead of being a virtual pet I get to imagine a personality for by interacting with, she would be constantly be switching to a very specific, limited set of attitudes and phrases that were perpetually contradicting. I have a couple in my collection and due to the "personality" changing feature, every 2012 Furby feels exactly the same.

and the Boom... Oh boy. It's like the 2012 but on a wild sugar rush, with no indoor voice and even more over the top behaviour.

The screen eyes occasionally playing animations of objects and emojis and such also lessened the "lifelike" feeling that the original Furby did fairly effortlessly with simpler technology.

Quote:
I kinda think Long Furbys are in that weird corner of "That's a really impressive craft project, but also why." since they tend to be destructive towards a toy I have a real fondness for, and it's not like they're gonna make more. Also the designs can creep me out... definitely still respect for the skill level that goes into making them though!

I've noticed that many long Furbys were made using Furbs with broken electronics, so it's a pretty fun way to give an old broken Furby a new life!

I think if one of my originals ever broke, I'd give 'em a fun custom makeover. Not long, but I see myself going for some kind of raptor/dromaeosaurid look, complete with feathery paws.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
I have two 1998s and they are adorably creepy! I love how both of them feel so different. One of them loves food and will eat forever without getting full and the other just likes to take nibbles and he's done. One will fall asleep as soon as I leave him alone for a sec and the other likes to stay up and babble.

My funniest story with them is I moved recently and already packed up my screwdriver set, so I had to leave their batteries in them during the move. They proceeded to yell the entire hour drive. Then while going into my apartment building a nice person proceeded to open the door for me... they were still yelling and now sneezing in the bag I was carrying them in. Just told him to not mind the furbies and he laughed and went on his way.
I have two 1998s and they are adorably creepy! I love how both of them feel so different. One of them loves food and will eat forever without getting full and the other just likes to take nibbles and he's done. One will fall asleep as soon as I leave him alone for a sec and the other likes to stay up and babble.

My funniest story with them is I moved recently and already packed up my screwdriver set, so I had to leave their batteries in them during the move. They proceeded to yell the entire hour drive. Then while going into my apartment building a nice person proceeded to open the door for me... they were still yelling and now sneezing in the bag I was carrying them in. Just told him to not mind the furbies and he laughed and went on his way.
rx9OvHg.gif
[quote name="Zenzic" date="2024-02-03 06:00:15" ] [quote] I kinda think Long Furbys are in that weird corner of "That's a really impressive craft project, but also why." since they tend to be destructive towards a toy I have a real fondness for, and it's not like they're gonna make more. Also the designs can creep me out... definitely still respect for the skill level that goes into making them though! [/quote] I've noticed that many long Furbys were made using Furbs with broken electronics, so it's a pretty fun way to give an old broken Furby a new life! [/quote] not into the custom scene but i was under the impression that people were just 3d printing/buying molds of the faceplates to use for their projects. at the very least im sure people creating oddbodies are just using replications since it'd be pretty crazy to buy an entire toy just for the sake of using one part of it. unless people are finding crazy low prices which i'd love to know where they're looking, i saw some furbys in the wild while at the mall and they were $50 loose... i've bought nib ones for cheaper.
Zenzic wrote on 2024-02-03 06:00:15:
Quote:
I kinda think Long Furbys are in that weird corner of "That's a really impressive craft project, but also why." since they tend to be destructive towards a toy I have a real fondness for, and it's not like they're gonna make more. Also the designs can creep me out... definitely still respect for the skill level that goes into making them though!

I've noticed that many long Furbys were made using Furbs with broken electronics, so it's a pretty fun way to give an old broken Furby a new life!
not into the custom scene but i was under the impression that people were just 3d printing/buying molds of the faceplates to use for their projects. at the very least im sure people creating oddbodies are just using replications since it'd be pretty crazy to buy an entire toy just for the sake of using one part of it. unless people are finding crazy low prices which i'd love to know where they're looking, i saw some furbys in the wild while at the mall and they were $50 loose... i've bought nib ones for cheaper.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
[quote name="bulrush" date="2024-02-03 19:53:10" ] not into the custom scene but i was under the impression that people were just 3d printing/buying molds of the faceplates to use for their projects. at the very least im sure people creating oddbodies are just using replications since it'd be pretty crazy to buy an entire toy just for the sake of using one part of it. unless people are finding crazy low prices which i'd love to know where they're looking, i saw some furbys in the wild while at the mall and they were $50 loose... i've bought nib ones for cheaper. [/quote] I wouldn't be surprised! I'm a bit of a hermit when it comes to fandoms, and the last time I really looked into Furby customs was back when 3D printing wasn't as accessible. Customizers were typically sourcing ebay and thrift shops for cheap, broken Furbs to use in their projects. (if they weren't using something from their own collection/childhood). Makes sense if 3D printed parts are common now! That would make some projects so much easier to do. 5+ years ago I was getting Furbs from thrift shops for under $5 each. It's a shame that the second hand market is playing the price gouging game nowadays. x_x
bulrush wrote on 2024-02-03 19:53:10:

not into the custom scene but i was under the impression that people were just 3d printing/buying molds of the faceplates to use for their projects. at the very least im sure people creating oddbodies are just using replications since it'd be pretty crazy to buy an entire toy just for the sake of using one part of it. unless people are finding crazy low prices which i'd love to know where they're looking, i saw some furbys in the wild while at the mall and they were $50 loose... i've bought nib ones for cheaper.

I wouldn't be surprised!
I'm a bit of a hermit when it comes to fandoms, and the last time I really looked into Furby customs was back when 3D printing wasn't as accessible.
Customizers were typically sourcing ebay and thrift shops for cheap, broken Furbs to use in their projects. (if they weren't using something from their own collection/childhood).

Makes sense if 3D printed parts are common now! That would make some projects so much easier to do.
5+ years ago I was getting Furbs from thrift shops for under $5 each. It's a shame that the second hand market is playing the price gouging game nowadays. x_x
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
I used to have Furbies when I was younger, I hated them once I got older though- they got very annoying I'd also say they're rather creepy sometimes too-
I used to have Furbies when I was younger, I hated them once I got older though- they got very annoying I'd also say they're rather creepy sometimes too-
79771108_lfwPW5bn2U5Fpy7.png
[quote name="EWSpirit" date="2018-12-29 16:53:12" ] begone foul demons [/quote] Furbies are terrifying have you ever had one scream at you in the middle of the night?
EWSpirit wrote on 2018-12-29 16:53:12:
begone foul demons
Furbies are terrifying have you ever had one scream at you in the middle of the night?
No, sadly?
I am and always have been terrified of furbies. Like so much to an extent where I’d have nightmares of them.
No, sadly?
I am and always have been terrified of furbies. Like so much to an extent where I’d have nightmares of them.
back in 1st grade i had one of those 2013 furby booms and my school let us bring toys to outdoor recess so every time the teacher lead my class to the playground i brought my furby out too

the thing was that when you moved it the furby would turn on and start making noise right and at this time we still had the ' catch a bubble ' rule in the halls so me and my friends would walk in a circle covering it with our hands as it chattered in the hallways.. not like we ever got in trouble for it but. this thread reminded me of that

anyways yeah i LOVE furbies i have a long furby + that same furby boom somewhere in my house.. they r so cute hasbro needs to make more but with classic designs
back in 1st grade i had one of those 2013 furby booms and my school let us bring toys to outdoor recess so every time the teacher lead my class to the playground i brought my furby out too

the thing was that when you moved it the furby would turn on and start making noise right and at this time we still had the ' catch a bubble ' rule in the halls so me and my friends would walk in a circle covering it with our hands as it chattered in the hallways.. not like we ever got in trouble for it but. this thread reminded me of that

anyways yeah i LOVE furbies i have a long furby + that same furby boom somewhere in my house.. they r so cute hasbro needs to make more but with classic designs
Untitled51.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10