Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | do you love and accept furbies
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I had a Furby when I was little haha, I'm neutral on them but I do remember really loving mine when I was younger, I would always be playing with it

Mine was actually decent too, it never said anything creepy except for shouting random things. I wonder where it is now,,,,
I had a Furby when I was little haha, I'm neutral on them but I do remember really loving mine when I was younger, I would always be playing with it

Mine was actually decent too, it never said anything creepy except for shouting random things. I wonder where it is now,,,,
75166122_VZYp9DEPHPhPQoY.png 63854292_WsxXCfbzeWT8ESA.png 75166122_VZYp9DEPHPhPQoY.png
PLEASE READ MY BYI (on profile) BEFORE INTERACTING - thank you.
fLdYOuE.pngpIlgc2u.pngRkXJJ5L.pngmtHAEL4.pngypcKWM0.pngQUIpVFE.png
jbMLSIO.pngleo4ZYP.pngC3gPKb3.png66wxnCy.pngrUoKR6y.pngll0CfnD.png
i live and breathe furbies
i live and breathe furbies
[quote name="Realms" date="2018-12-30 10:41:49" ] Where's the love for the not-at-all terrifying, definitely not uncanny valley, absolutely not secretly alive 2005 furbies in here [/quote] They have their own charms, but the emototronics were definitely the black sheep of all the Furby generations. X'D I have a couple in my collection, and they look impressive on my shelf, but actually playing with them is rather boring due to their overly simplistic programming in comparison to the "alive" feeling original gen Furbs. Only a handful of pre-programmed commands and responses, and not much idle chatter. They don't even seem to need to be fed or pet very often, either. (Sometimes a virtual pet's hardiness is a good thing, but in this case they're so hardy it lessens the care aspect of having a robo-pet.) Their range of animation is impressive, however! They move well, and feel very animated. It's a shame that they just feel so robotic and canned. Nowadays most of them look really awful, too, because the rubbery material that was used on the beaks has not withstood the test of time. Many poor emototronic Furbys have lost their beaks completely. X'D
Realms wrote on 2018-12-30 10:41:49:
Where's the love for the not-at-all terrifying, definitely not uncanny valley, absolutely not secretly alive 2005 furbies in here

They have their own charms, but the emototronics were definitely the black sheep of all the Furby generations. X'D

I have a couple in my collection, and they look impressive on my shelf, but actually playing with them is rather boring due to their overly simplistic programming in comparison to the "alive" feeling original gen Furbs. Only a handful of pre-programmed commands and responses, and not much idle chatter. They don't even seem to need to be fed or pet very often, either. (Sometimes a virtual pet's hardiness is a good thing, but in this case they're so hardy it lessens the care aspect of having a robo-pet.)

Their range of animation is impressive, however! They move well, and feel very animated. It's a shame that they just feel so robotic and canned.

Nowadays most of them look really awful, too, because the rubbery material that was used on the beaks has not withstood the test of time. Many poor emototronic Furbys have lost their beaks completely. X'D
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Furbies scare me, especially after witnessing the movie that is Furby Island [img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/uOHxokeFSEU/maxresdefault.jpg[/img] Convince me that's not an apex predator
Furbies scare me, especially after witnessing the movie that is Furby Island
maxresdefault.jpg

Convince me that's not an apex predator
Clara the Blaziken, She/Her, 2+ Fr time, Professional Idiot :))))
I deeply respect this creature but do not wish to be near one for any length of time.
I deeply respect this creature but do not wish to be near one for any length of time.
sheher.pngtheythem.pngzodiac.png
punk.pngdog.pngliz.png
pokemon.pngbio.pngproc.png
I used to think they were creepy, but now they are just kinda cute, funny and interesting to me. The technology behind the original ones was definitely innovative and groundbreaking for the time. I kinda wish I kept my original one/took better care of it.
I used to think they were creepy, but now they are just kinda cute, funny and interesting to me. The technology behind the original ones was definitely innovative and groundbreaking for the time. I kinda wish I kept my original one/took better care of it.
hHi8SF1.pngrix3ppo.png 63e7d1e32734cf1f42976aa3cf98d97aa5bb059a.png
I don’t mind them. I have a furby somewhere. Furby boom I believe? Anyway, she’s blue and has a wavy pattern. Her name I gave her in the app was Tay-kah, which I guess meant seashell whisperer in the furby language? I’m kinda sad. They got rid of the furby boom app and I think her batteries are dead, so she’s pretty useless now. But they’re pretty cool when they can’t do anything.
I don’t mind them. I have a furby somewhere. Furby boom I believe? Anyway, she’s blue and has a wavy pattern. Her name I gave her in the app was Tay-kah, which I guess meant seashell whisperer in the furby language? I’m kinda sad. They got rid of the furby boom app and I think her batteries are dead, so she’s pretty useless now. But they’re pretty cool when they can’t do anything.
cTrEW.gifmlHpBMC.png.XdKddgH.png.
I love furbies, long furbies are my favorites >:3
I love furbies, long furbies are my favorites >:3
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ l7ezfLJ.png 0DJvxSf.png
ePOliyb.png
mtHAEL4.png
bYt72YT.png
UMevL3r.png
seNNN55.png _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I own 3 original furbies, two 1999 furby babies, and a 2014. Thrift stores tend to have really good deals on them.

I usually keep them without batteries because I have some volume sensitivity problems and furby gears are loud, but I like to have them. I kind of want to get an emototronic someday
I own 3 original furbies, two 1999 furby babies, and a 2014. Thrift stores tend to have really good deals on them.

I usually keep them without batteries because I have some volume sensitivity problems and furby gears are loud, but I like to have them. I kind of want to get an emototronic someday
OOf4SrF.gif
yes

I have a furby buddy that I bought at a convention and my sister has one of the new ones (idk which generation of furbies we're on now but my sister's is the current one)
yes

I have a furby buddy that I bought at a convention and my sister has one of the new ones (idk which generation of furbies we're on now but my sister's is the current one)
Phantom ~ She/Her ~ Ace ~ Formerly ThePhantomWolf/Shiromori
+2 FR Time ~ Final Fantasy and Touhou are my life
Terra%20-%20Victory%20(Front).gifSabin%20-%20Walk%20(Front).gifEdgar%20-%20Finger.gif Terra%20-%20Esper%20-%20Blink%20(Front).gif Setzer%20-%20Finger.gifCeles%20-%20Wink.gifMaria%20-%20Sing.gifLocke%20-%20Laugh.gifRelm%20-%20Wave%20(Front).gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10