Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [VAL 2024] Sew Cute! - finished
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31
[center]@pinglist-20474 [color=#7566d1][size=4][b]Every-Other-Day Daily Question #1[/b][/size][/color][/center] ------------------------ [center][color=#d98786]By answering this question on the day that it's posted, you earn [b]2 tickets[/b] to the raffle. If you answer on any other day during the event, you'll still earn [b]1 ticket[/b]![/color] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/zXIlsjy.png[/img] [nextcol]Hello, everyone! I'm [I]SO[/I] excited to see that we've already got quite the crowd going at the start of the event! Let’s kick things off with the first every-other-day daily question![/columns] [quote=#1 | Feb 4]Do you have any crafty hobbies like knitting, sewing, or crocheting? If so, what was your favourite project to work on? If not, do you think you’ll try starting a crafty hobby in the future?[/quote] [center]------------------------ [pinglist=20474] Please join the pinglist if you’d like a ping when the questions are posted every other day! [img]https://i.imgur.com/6pVL7Th.png[/img]
@Valightine's Plushie Every-Other-Day Dailies

Every-Other-Day Daily Question #1

By answering this question on the day that it's posted, you earn 2 tickets to the raffle.
If you answer on any other day during the event, you'll still earn 1 ticket!

zXIlsjy.png Hello, everyone! I'm SO excited to see that we've already got quite the crowd going at the start of the event!

Let’s kick things off with the first every-other-day daily question!

#1 | Feb 4 wrote:
Do you have any crafty hobbies like knitting, sewing, or crocheting?
If so, what was your favourite project to work on?
If not, do you think you’ll try starting a crafty hobby in the future?

Please join the pinglist if you’d like a ping when the questions are posted every other day!
6pVL7Th.png
[LvA 2023] Top 26 Ticket Earners / badge by Irithyll (#157246)_
sZShZzW.png
WKtl2lb.png
jFZJEcu.png
FObX7rS.png
(spoilers for taz: b)
_Contralto / pixel adopt by Hawkeyyee (#146802)Ace / pixel adopt by Hawkeyyee (#146802)
Do you have any crafty hobbies like knitting, sewing, or crocheting? If so, what was your favourite project to work on? If not, do you think you’ll try starting a crafty hobby in the future? ----- I technically have one? It's making pom pom animals! [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/207023507e3481dae8d574dc8ebcf903/fbda713404d68d84-f6/s2048x3072/81c5d597bba59d9d31d298f2e5973556a062682b.jpg[/img] No sewing or crocheting involved! It's all tying knots and cutting yarn!

I technically have one? It's making pom pom animals!

81c5d597bba59d9d31d298f2e5973556a062682b.jpg

No sewing or crocheting involved! It's all tying knots and cutting yarn!
Quote:

I have so many crafty fiber hobbies. I sew for a living, but I also do costuming (historical and otherwise), quilting and doll clothes for funsies. I've got two doll-sized crochet projects on my desk right now. I also make soap, and have been known to make jewelry

Also, I've taught many a friend how to sew over the years, and I am deeply impressed by the thoughtfulness and thoroughness of your tutorial. I don't think I've ever seen better.
Quote:

I have so many crafty fiber hobbies. I sew for a living, but I also do costuming (historical and otherwise), quilting and doll clothes for funsies. I've got two doll-sized crochet projects on my desk right now. I also make soap, and have been known to make jewelry

Also, I've taught many a friend how to sew over the years, and I am deeply impressed by the thoughtfulness and thoroughness of your tutorial. I don't think I've ever seen better.
under construction...
i'm not a frequent crafter, but i do know how to sew and crochet. want to do so more :3
i'm not a frequent crafter, but i do know how to sew and crochet. want to do so more :3
DRAGONS !
This whole event looks so delightful! I can't wait to participate [emoji=sandsurge love size=1] [quote=#1 | Feb 4]Do you have any crafty hobbies like knitting, sewing, or crocheting? If so, what was your favourite project to work on? If not, do you think you’ll try in the future?[/quote] I sew! In fact, I actually run an online shop where most of my products are plushies and plush keychains! This is one of my favorite projects in recent years, a Proto-Carbuncle from Final Fantasy XIV: [img]https://i.imgur.com/kfw2JYN.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/a6cCAgv.png[/img] It's also worth noting that a long time ago I made a Charged Stormcatcher Sackdoll, which can be seen [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1056615]on this post[/url] (back in 2014!)
This whole event looks so delightful! I can't wait to participate
#1 | Feb 4 wrote:
If not, do you think you’ll try in the future?

I sew! In fact, I actually run an online shop where most of my products are plushies and plush keychains!

This is one of my favorite projects in recent years, a Proto-Carbuncle from Final Fantasy XIV:
kfw2JYN.png
a6cCAgv.png

It's also worth noting that a long time ago I made a Charged Stormcatcher Sackdoll, which can be seen on this post (back in 2014!)
4qwWBWB.png
Signature art by Toxoid!
Do you have any crafty hobbies like knitting, sewing, or crocheting? If so, what was your favourite project to work on? If not, do you think you’ll try starting a crafty hobby in the future? ----- I have a lot of lapsed textile and fibre hobbies! Knitting, sewing, spinning, dyeing, embroidery... Probably the coolest thing was a knitted korok I made for my nephew when the first Breath of the Wild was big. I made the whole thing up as I went along. [url=https://www.ravelry.com/projects/sugareater/korok][img]https://i.imgur.com/Rjro2Rj.jpg[/img][/url] Recently I've been too focused on reading and dragons to use my hand skills, since I can't do them while holding a phone or mouse [emoji=fae winking size=1]

I have a lot of lapsed textile and fibre hobbies! Knitting, sewing, spinning, dyeing, embroidery... Probably the coolest thing was a knitted korok I made for my nephew when the first Breath of the Wild was big. I made the whole thing up as I went along.

Rjro2Rj.jpg

Recently I've been too focused on reading and dragons to use my hand skills, since I can't do them while holding a phone or mouse
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png m2YbpzO.png Xx3ZGyj.png
Quote:

I sew plush as a hobby but I'm looking to improve! My favourite project is probably the dragon I sent earlier in this thread :] He was the result of me being unable to find the official plush of the character for less than $150 on eBay so I decided to make my own HAHA.

It took me about a month from start to finish since I work fulltime but I'm really proud of how he turned out! It was also the first time I ever tried appliqué so there was definitely a lot of trial and error involved
Quote:

I sew plush as a hobby but I'm looking to improve! My favourite project is probably the dragon I sent earlier in this thread :] He was the result of me being unable to find the official plush of the character for less than $150 on eBay so I decided to make my own HAHA.

It took me about a month from start to finish since I work fulltime but I'm really proud of how he turned out! It was also the first time I ever tried appliqué so there was definitely a lot of trial and error involved
[quote]Do you have any crafty hobbies like knitting, sewing, or crocheting? If so, what was your favourite project to work on? If not, do you think you’ll try starting a crafty hobby in the future?[/quote] im actually a leatherworker! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1191553552091463741/1203845325031481415/IMG_20230705_120328449.jpg[/img] here are some silly rats ive made. not my favorite but close. ive also crocheted in the past but have since forgot how to start a slipknot so im a bit stuck haha, i also sew!
Quote:

im actually a leatherworker!
IMG_20230705_120328449.jpg
here are some silly rats ive made. not my favorite but close.
ive also crocheted in the past but have since forgot how to start a slipknot so im a bit stuck haha, i also sew!
QSVqUJe.png
acherontia
it/its
pink critter enjoyer
[img]https://i.imgur.com/mlQklRt.jpeg[/img] From left to right: Jewel, Buttons, Pterry, and Diamond [img]https://i.imgur.com/vlghtJG.jpeg[/img] Booping imminent! *sits and counts her tickets with delight* Thank you for a lovely Sunday morning activity. I'm not usually a textile crafter but I had the leftover sleeves from a dress I had altered, so here we are!
mlQklRt.jpeg
From left to right: Jewel, Buttons, Pterry, and Diamond

vlghtJG.jpeg
Booping imminent!

*sits and counts her tickets with delight*

Thank you for a lovely Sunday morning activity. I'm not usually a textile crafter but I had the leftover sleeves from a dress I had altered, so here we are!
Did you bring a robot with you?
Quote:

I've never been much of a textile or fiber crafter. I tend towards paint, industrial arts, experiential design, and glueing things to other things. I tried crochet a couple of weeks ago, and I can tell it's RSI city for me, so likely a sometimes food.

One of my favorite projects ever was an installation of typewriter-written letters in bottles, hung in trees by the ocean. They swung really beautifully, and folks who came to the event spent a lot of time pulling the letters out and reading them.

Next on my crafty hobby list is refinishing a table!
Quote:

I've never been much of a textile or fiber crafter. I tend towards paint, industrial arts, experiential design, and glueing things to other things. I tried crochet a couple of weeks ago, and I can tell it's RSI city for me, so likely a sometimes food.

One of my favorite projects ever was an installation of typewriter-written letters in bottles, hung in trees by the ocean. They swung really beautifully, and folks who came to the event spent a lot of time pulling the letters out and reading them.

Next on my crafty hobby list is refinishing a table!
Did you bring a robot with you?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31