Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [VAL 2024] Sew Cute! - finished
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31
I have a similar question about alternate arts. Does it have to be sewing, or does knitting/crochet also work?
(I presume not, but I thought I would ask.)
I have a similar question about alternate arts. Does it have to be sewing, or does knitting/crochet also work?
(I presume not, but I thought I would ask.)
nNgJowc.png X4p2jRx.png
Pgv53XB.png
oRkijoy.png
8M6oN2E.png
HxL61bT.png
9R2Unq1.png
sHV5hf8.png
gVI5OAO.png
cdqdRxL.png
bx7nz65.png
I highly doubt I'll have the time to actually make a plushie this week, but I wanted to share a dragon that I made a while back! [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/NK2Ewny.png[/img][/center] Thanks for doing a crafty event - I've seen cooking ones, which are fun, but not a sewing/crafts one before. Love it, and hope you get a good number of entries!
I highly doubt I'll have the time to actually make a plushie this week, but I wanted to share a dragon that I made a while back!
NK2Ewny.png

Thanks for doing a crafty event - I've seen cooking ones, which are fun, but not a sewing/crafts one before. Love it, and hope you get a good number of entries!
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
@cordially

I'm so excited for a sewing challenge, this is so unique and so well thought-out, with all the patterns, instructions, and even stretching exercises!!

I hope to participate before it ends, as this is a very exciting event for me (but tbh, I'm kinda expecting a rather gnarly week ahead IRL, so fingers crossed)

Hope you get a lot of entries!!!

^^
@cordially

I'm so excited for a sewing challenge, this is so unique and so well thought-out, with all the patterns, instructions, and even stretching exercises!!

I hope to participate before it ends, as this is a very exciting event for me (but tbh, I'm kinda expecting a rather gnarly week ahead IRL, so fingers crossed)

Hope you get a lot of entries!!!

^^
I will admit, I made a noise that upset the dog when I saw this, I was that excited. Did I have time to go and find fabric and dust off my sewing machine? No, I'm heading out the house in an hour. What did I have? A post-it note and a handful of charm squares for a EPP patchwork project. So I scaled the pattern down to trace from my laptop screen (I do not recommend!), folded a square in half and cracked on with the smallest hand stitches I could manage. So here we are, @Cordially - A 45 minute, hyperfocused, 4cm dragon. I managed to lose the wing definition, but he's got legs, wings, and eyes! The blanket stitch border is totally a design choice and not because I over-stuffed and under-stitch-allowanced him and some stitches may have popped open... [img]https://i.imgur.com/cmhMQbB.jpg[/img] For sure will be back to make a better one during the week!
I will admit, I made a noise that upset the dog when I saw this, I was that excited.

Did I have time to go and find fabric and dust off my sewing machine? No, I'm heading out the house in an hour. What did I have? A post-it note and a handful of charm squares for a EPP patchwork project.

So I scaled the pattern down to trace from my laptop screen (I do not recommend!), folded a square in half and cracked on with the smallest hand stitches I could manage.

So here we are, @Cordially - A 45 minute, hyperfocused, 4cm dragon. I managed to lose the wing definition, but he's got legs, wings, and eyes! The blanket stitch border is totally a design choice and not because I over-stuffed and under-stitch-allowanced him and some stitches may have popped open...

cmhMQbB.jpg

For sure will be back to make a better one during the week!
SbvRDbG.gif53548275035_c8f3cd96b1_q.jpg
Just wanted to say this is really cool :D I'm really glad this runs over next week as well since I might not find the time to try this during active dom pushing, but I'd like to try and get around to something if I can. And there's an entry already how nice! Must be awesome to have that stuff just laying around XD ...what if I go buy googly eyes [emoji=coatl tongue size=1]
Just wanted to say this is really cool :D I'm really glad this runs over next week as well since I might not find the time to try this during active dom pushing, but I'd like to try and get around to something if I can. And there's an entry already how nice! Must be awesome to have that stuff just laying around XD

...what if I go buy googly eyes
[quote name="soulykins" date="2024-02-04 05:51:35" ] Hello!! I'm wondering if we have to use the simple dragon or simple mith patterns for tickets, or if we can come up with our own patterns/use other dragon patterns/edit the existing patterns at all? I have a few dragon patterns lying around that I've always wanted to use but never quite had the push to do so ;3c [/quote] @Cordially seconding this question! I've been sewing simple plush for some years now and wanted more practice making my own patterns or trying out/editing some more complicated patterns and I think an event like this would be a really good push :> (Here's a plush I made by modifying a dragon pattern by cholyknight and patterning the head from scratch! I'd love to use this event to try out more things like this) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/208790144604569600/1196713522734833685/20230628_004347.jpg[/img] Thank you for hosting! Regardless of the answer it sounds like a really fun event and hopefully I can participate for at least one day :>
soulykins wrote on 2024-02-04 05:51:35:
Hello!! I'm wondering if we have to use the simple dragon or simple mith patterns for tickets, or if we can come up with our own patterns/use other dragon patterns/edit the existing patterns at all? I have a few dragon patterns lying around that I've always wanted to use but never quite had the push to do so ;3c

@Cordially seconding this question! I've been sewing simple plush for some years now and wanted more practice making my own patterns or trying out/editing some more complicated patterns and I think an event like this would be a really good push :>

(Here's a plush I made by modifying a dragon pattern by cholyknight and patterning the head from scratch! I'd love to use this event to try out more things like this)
20230628_004347.jpg

Thank you for hosting! Regardless of the answer it sounds like a really fun event and hopefully I can participate for at least one day :>
I have no time or skill for this but I think it is AWESOME idea and especially about encouraging other people to make all these lasting real-world creations!
I have no time or skill for this but I think it is AWESOME idea and especially about encouraging other people to make all these lasting real-world creations!
Three Nature eggs with pale yellow sprouting tops sitting on a gold-lined leaf bed against a green background. 3XiDjku.pngxORoftk.png
@soulykins @RandomPebble
Hi there! If you have your own patterns already or would like to draft your own, you are definitely welcome to use them for this event! The submission guidelines have been amended to include this.

Tickets are awarded based on pattern complexity, so if your patterns have limbs and other things that need to be attached I would probably award tickets as if it were a stuffed mith, though I’m thinking I would like to add bonus tickets for highly detailed plushies, like the one RandomPebble shared.
@soulykins @RandomPebble
Hi there! If you have your own patterns already or would like to draft your own, you are definitely welcome to use them for this event! The submission guidelines have been amended to include this.

Tickets are awarded based on pattern complexity, so if your patterns have limbs and other things that need to be attached I would probably award tickets as if it were a stuffed mith, though I’m thinking I would like to add bonus tickets for highly detailed plushies, like the one RandomPebble shared.
[LvA 2023] Top 26 Ticket Earners / badge by Irithyll (#157246)_
sZShZzW.png
WKtl2lb.png
jFZJEcu.png
FObX7rS.png
(spoilers for taz: b)
_Contralto / pixel adopt by Hawkeyyee (#146802)Ace / pixel adopt by Hawkeyyee (#146802)
@desorden
Hi! I don’t have any experience with knitting or crocheting but you are certainly welcome to craft your own dragons/miths! I’m not 100% sure how I would award tickets just yet, but it will probably be on par with stuffed miths because I know knitting/crocheting takes a fair bit of time.

@Goldia
Wow! Thank you for sharing, I love the detail of the claws on the hands and feet! So fierce, and yet so cuddly! This event runs until Feb 17 so if you’d like to get crafty you have more than just this week to do so ;]

@BunnySox
Thank you so much for the kind words! This is my first time running an event and I’m really glad it’s being received so well. This event runs until Feb 17 so if this week isn’t the best you could always try next week ;]
@desorden
Hi! I don’t have any experience with knitting or crocheting but you are certainly welcome to craft your own dragons/miths! I’m not 100% sure how I would award tickets just yet, but it will probably be on par with stuffed miths because I know knitting/crocheting takes a fair bit of time.

@Goldia
Wow! Thank you for sharing, I love the detail of the claws on the hands and feet! So fierce, and yet so cuddly! This event runs until Feb 17 so if you’d like to get crafty you have more than just this week to do so ;]

@BunnySox
Thank you so much for the kind words! This is my first time running an event and I’m really glad it’s being received so well. This event runs until Feb 17 so if this week isn’t the best you could always try next week ;]
sZShZzW.png
WKtl2lb.png
jFZJEcu.png
FObX7rS.png
_Contralto / pixel adopt by Hawkeyyee (#146802)Ace / pixel adopt by Hawkeyyee (#146802)
@Bexster94 Oh my goodness!! If I had a dog I think they, too, would be upset by the sound I made when I found out this little guy is only 4cm!! asdhsakdhsajh what a sweetheart! Thank you for your submission - I’ve marked down your tickets :] I’m looking forward to seeing your next submission! (There’s no real rush! This event runs until Feb 17 :]) @FableTheWolf Thank you! Yeah, I thought 2 weeks would be better just by nature of how long it can take to craft irl stuff. Googly eyes would be delightful hahahaha @NerdMom Thank you very much for the kind words! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@Bexster94
Oh my goodness!! If I had a dog I think they, too, would be upset by the sound I made when I found out this little guy is only 4cm!! asdhsakdhsajh what a sweetheart! Thank you for your submission - I’ve marked down your tickets :] I’m looking forward to seeing your next submission! (There’s no real rush! This event runs until Feb 17 :])

@FableTheWolf
Thank you! Yeah, I thought 2 weeks would be better just by nature of how long it can take to craft irl stuff. Googly eyes would be delightful hahahaha

@NerdMom
Thank you very much for the kind words!
sZShZzW.png
WKtl2lb.png
jFZJEcu.png
FObX7rS.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31