Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Thoughts on breeding progenitors?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I bred my progens back in the early days of the site, and I regret it because:

1. I don't like offspring lists. (Permanent links to other dragons, some of which I no longer own? No thanks.)
2. The two having offspring together does not match the lore I ended up giving them.

I wish I could delete their list. XD
I bred my progens back in the early days of the site, and I regret it because:

1. I don't like offspring lists. (Permanent links to other dragons, some of which I no longer own? No thanks.)
2. The two having offspring together does not match the lore I ended up giving them.

I wish I could delete their list. XD
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
I bred them when I joined in 2014. I had no other dragons and I'm pretty sure I was prompted to breed them. They had the ugliest children and after that I found out you 'had' to exalt dragons. For whatever reason it put me off of the game for a year or two. I returned to FR and bred them again with equally ugly results. All of them got sent to the Arcanist and now I regret breeding them in the first place. I dislike seeing the offspring list.
I bred them when I joined in 2014. I had no other dragons and I'm pretty sure I was prompted to breed them. They had the ugliest children and after that I found out you 'had' to exalt dragons. For whatever reason it put me off of the game for a year or two. I returned to FR and bred them again with equally ugly results. All of them got sent to the Arcanist and now I regret breeding them in the first place. I dislike seeing the offspring list.
478Ynjw.png
maybe if I hadn't bred them when I first got them I would have left them unbred, but since they have been bred I continued to breed them until I moved my lair to my hibden
so they have 21 offspring, a decent amount, and I would breed them more if they were still able to!

I'm kind of glad I did, because I kept their firstborn child and it's kind of nice to have her :) even though it contradicts my lore, but I completely ignore offspring lists for lore anyways!
maybe if I hadn't bred them when I first got them I would have left them unbred, but since they have been bred I continued to breed them until I moved my lair to my hibden
so they have 21 offspring, a decent amount, and I would breed them more if they were still able to!

I'm kind of glad I did, because I kept their firstborn child and it's kind of nice to have her :) even though it contradicts my lore, but I completely ignore offspring lists for lore anyways!
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
I bred mine immediately after joining because the tutorial told me to, lol. I promptly sold one baby Unnamed for pennies, and it was insta-exalted without a name. So my progens list was effectively ruined from the very start.

For that reason I’ve chosen to breed them multiple times since just for the heck of it. Their colors aren’t great so I haven’t had a baby I like enough to keep yet. I’ll probably keep breeding them until I get a baby I really like and then keep that one for lore.

Other than that, I’ve decided to just not care about my progens list too much, because there is no point. I’ve had other offspring lists that I’ve kept clean and/or "perfect" (and recently I ruined a few on accident rip) but I try not to stress about it too much. At the end of the day it’s just an annoying fact I can’t remove, so it tis what it tis.
I bred mine immediately after joining because the tutorial told me to, lol. I promptly sold one baby Unnamed for pennies, and it was insta-exalted without a name. So my progens list was effectively ruined from the very start.

For that reason I’ve chosen to breed them multiple times since just for the heck of it. Their colors aren’t great so I haven’t had a baby I like enough to keep yet. I’ll probably keep breeding them until I get a baby I really like and then keep that one for lore.

Other than that, I’ve decided to just not care about my progens list too much, because there is no point. I’ve had other offspring lists that I’ve kept clean and/or "perfect" (and recently I ruined a few on accident rip) but I try not to stress about it too much. At the end of the day it’s just an annoying fact I can’t remove, so it tis what it tis.
Small-Rain-Icon.png

She / Her
FR + 3
Coli Log
Art Dump
Shrieking Wilds Guild
C3-D7-D65-D-8-A62-486-A-BD3-F-ACD82-BE0-EDD1.png
i decided not to breed mine for lore reasons, but i would definitely start a lineage otherwise :p keeping a record of an entire family tree sounds fun

i say it's up to whether you care about a clean offspring list or lineage more? you can breed them anytime you want so you can take your time thinking about it.
i decided not to breed mine for lore reasons, but i would definitely start a lineage otherwise :p keeping a record of an entire family tree sounds fun

i say it's up to whether you care about a clean offspring list or lineage more? you can breed them anytime you want so you can take your time thinking about it.
ZcrsSbC.png
]My only regret about breeding my progens was that I didn't name the hatchlings before they inevitably got exalted.

. . . . by me. as hatchlings.

Tbh I would love to breed them again(I've discovered a soft spot for g2s), but my random is incredibly ugly and in the middle of a scatter quest to stop being incredibly ugly.
]My only regret about breeding my progens was that I didn't name the hatchlings before they inevitably got exalted.

. . . . by me. as hatchlings.

Tbh I would love to breed them again(I've discovered a soft spot for g2s), but my random is incredibly ugly and in the middle of a scatter quest to stop being incredibly ugly.
wcadopt-voiken1.png ZTsKQhL.png wcadopt-voiken2.png
Ping me if you want my attention.
Follow your heart~

I think breeding your progens for lore sounds pretty fun, but you could always have adopted lore children if you're worried about regretting it later.

I personally bred my progens when I first started. I wanted to try out the game mechanics and all. I kind of regret it now because of the way I like to keep my lair, but I do love my progen's offspring. I've kept her and she's very special to me. <3
Follow your heart~

I think breeding your progens for lore sounds pretty fun, but you could always have adopted lore children if you're worried about regretting it later.

I personally bred my progens when I first started. I wanted to try out the game mechanics and all. I kind of regret it now because of the way I like to keep my lair, but I do love my progen's offspring. I've kept her and she's very special to me. <3
cYL23Qf.png
I bred them when the game first prompted and don't regret it.

While they don't breed together anymore, that nest is still a part of the two's lore. In a "what if" scenario that I had to/could start over from the very beginning, I'd probably still breed them.

This time though, I'd probably try to keep their firstborn bc that's some nice lore potential there too. I actually (very mildly) collect 1st born progen kids because oftentimes progens are made founders in clans with lore and it's just an interesting premise to me with having the first dragon on their offspring list.

In terms of the current state of my progens... I bred my random with a few other gen 1s before simply retiring her because it no longer fit her lore as she grew as a character to want another mate or family.
My custom still breeds rarely with a gen 1 mate bc it's fun to send his bloodline off into the game (though he doesn't have an official lineage). Lore wise I say he doesn't have many nests because he fears one day a child might return wishing to topple his empire
I bred them when the game first prompted and don't regret it.

While they don't breed together anymore, that nest is still a part of the two's lore. In a "what if" scenario that I had to/could start over from the very beginning, I'd probably still breed them.

This time though, I'd probably try to keep their firstborn bc that's some nice lore potential there too. I actually (very mildly) collect 1st born progen kids because oftentimes progens are made founders in clans with lore and it's just an interesting premise to me with having the first dragon on their offspring list.

In terms of the current state of my progens... I bred my random with a few other gen 1s before simply retiring her because it no longer fit her lore as she grew as a character to want another mate or family.
My custom still breeds rarely with a gen 1 mate bc it's fun to send his bloodline off into the game (though he doesn't have an official lineage). Lore wise I say he doesn't have many nests because he fears one day a child might return wishing to topple his empire
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
my progenitors have tons of kids, because they're tundras whom i love and that means i get a lotta fodder just from them. plus ive kept four of their kids! and will keep a fifth when they give me their first water primal c:
my progenitors have tons of kids, because they're tundras whom i love and that means i get a lotta fodder just from them. plus ive kept four of their kids! and will keep a fifth when they give me their first water primal c:
Na5WGHa.png
I wouldn't breed them since there's some hesitation. Else you wouldn't be making a thread, right?

I propose testing the waters with an adopted lore dragon because an offspring list is forever on your progens, and if that scares you a little there's no reason to commit.

(Hey, it's my anniversary today and I wouldn't have noticed unless I looked at my progens. They're 8 years old now.)
I wouldn't breed them since there's some hesitation. Else you wouldn't be making a thread, right?

I propose testing the waters with an adopted lore dragon because an offspring list is forever on your progens, and if that scares you a little there's no reason to commit.

(Hey, it's my anniversary today and I wouldn't have noticed unless I looked at my progens. They're 8 years old now.)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7