Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Feed dragons: feed per tab & other ideas
1 2
So....lets face it. feeding dragons just by food type can unexpectedly destroy a food store due to dragons that "prefer" a food type or can literally eat every food there is.
lets call all food eaters "multivores" (for simplicity, since omnivores don't generally eat insects)

My ideas reflect this issue, most people might not notice this but, i have put my dragons in different tabs based on what they eat vs what i want them to eat. most of my dragons "prefer" insects or meat....but at least half of those can eat plants, seafood being my first feeding step, then plants....but that takes a nosedive pretty quickly because of the dragons that can eat plants but are multivores.....they just eat too many of whatever they like.

My suggestions to combat the above issues:

Feeding per tab or feeding per page
If feeding per tab is not something you want to have to reorganize for i understand, which is why i suggest them both, organizing pages within a tab is much easier, anyways.

Feeding all but Multivores....
i doubt they would call them Multivores(i didn't feel like looking up an actual term)
but feeding all excluding the dragons that can eat anything could really help, then you could uncheck a box for ignore "Multivores" feeding whatever food is most plentiful to the remainder.

Showing a number for how many dragons prefer the food type under or on the food button

this could REALLY help us understand where all our food needs to go and in what order. I did the math and....it might scare some people to see the necessary amount of food if they come back before the welcome back bonus, so that might be too much.... but showing how many dragons eat what first....that would really help. plus in parenthesis show the full amount of dragons that can eat that food type to avoid more mistakes.

that is all i can think of at the moment....i will update with any other ideas i may have.

new idea:
feeding food types per breed
this way you don't need to organize tabs/pages AND you can feed your highest food pile to the breeds that eat literally everything......it could have a checkbox "feed per breed?".
if you check the box then it shows the breeds you own, the amount you own and when you select a breed the food types grey out what they cannot eat. selecting dragons that cannot eat the current food types will be greyed out. a total amount of the dragons selected is shown....
So....lets face it. feeding dragons just by food type can unexpectedly destroy a food store due to dragons that "prefer" a food type or can literally eat every food there is.
lets call all food eaters "multivores" (for simplicity, since omnivores don't generally eat insects)

My ideas reflect this issue, most people might not notice this but, i have put my dragons in different tabs based on what they eat vs what i want them to eat. most of my dragons "prefer" insects or meat....but at least half of those can eat plants, seafood being my first feeding step, then plants....but that takes a nosedive pretty quickly because of the dragons that can eat plants but are multivores.....they just eat too many of whatever they like.

My suggestions to combat the above issues:

Feeding per tab or feeding per page
If feeding per tab is not something you want to have to reorganize for i understand, which is why i suggest them both, organizing pages within a tab is much easier, anyways.

Feeding all but Multivores....
i doubt they would call them Multivores(i didn't feel like looking up an actual term)
but feeding all excluding the dragons that can eat anything could really help, then you could uncheck a box for ignore "Multivores" feeding whatever food is most plentiful to the remainder.

Showing a number for how many dragons prefer the food type under or on the food button

this could REALLY help us understand where all our food needs to go and in what order. I did the math and....it might scare some people to see the necessary amount of food if they come back before the welcome back bonus, so that might be too much.... but showing how many dragons eat what first....that would really help. plus in parenthesis show the full amount of dragons that can eat that food type to avoid more mistakes.

that is all i can think of at the moment....i will update with any other ideas i may have.

new idea:
feeding food types per breed
this way you don't need to organize tabs/pages AND you can feed your highest food pile to the breeds that eat literally everything......it could have a checkbox "feed per breed?".
if you check the box then it shows the breeds you own, the amount you own and when you select a breed the food types grey out what they cannot eat. selecting dragons that cannot eat the current food types will be greyed out. a total amount of the dragons selected is shown....
~~ A.R.T. double meaning ~~
~~secrets are to be kept, but only if one has proven themselves worthy of trust~~
I'm sorry, I'm not sure if it's the wording but this sounds really confusing or convoluted to me?

There is a huge issue in how dragons are fed that drains a particular food source unnecessarily. Food preferences are the root of the issue, I think. Having a dragon that can eat more than one type of food, and yet will always be fed its "preference" is completely unbalanced and I 100% agree this needs to be changed.

I have an even amount of food stores, and yet most of my dragons prefer meat so despite having plenty of what they also like -- it just stays stuck on feeding them meat, thus I'm constantly running out and very quickly. It's my last favourite thing on FR and I will always be annoyed at it until something changes.

That being said, I don't think the suggestions posed in this thread are feasible (and honestly I'm still not sure how it makes sense to do it that way). If you organise your dragons (tab or page, doesn't matter) by what they eat then by all means. But I can't imagine many others doing this (esp for breeding projects, colour schemes, purpose etc), nor should we have to in order to fix the food issue.

I'd rather a daily cap of a food type (based on number of dragons we have ofc), or better yet for the system to choose food randomly from what they like rather than prioritising their preference unless we have more of that by a significant margin. And I'm sure there's other ways to fix this.

No support for the methods described, but support for fixing the feeding unbalance.
I'm sorry, I'm not sure if it's the wording but this sounds really confusing or convoluted to me?

There is a huge issue in how dragons are fed that drains a particular food source unnecessarily. Food preferences are the root of the issue, I think. Having a dragon that can eat more than one type of food, and yet will always be fed its "preference" is completely unbalanced and I 100% agree this needs to be changed.

I have an even amount of food stores, and yet most of my dragons prefer meat so despite having plenty of what they also like -- it just stays stuck on feeding them meat, thus I'm constantly running out and very quickly. It's my last favourite thing on FR and I will always be annoyed at it until something changes.

That being said, I don't think the suggestions posed in this thread are feasible (and honestly I'm still not sure how it makes sense to do it that way). If you organise your dragons (tab or page, doesn't matter) by what they eat then by all means. But I can't imagine many others doing this (esp for breeding projects, colour schemes, purpose etc), nor should we have to in order to fix the food issue.

I'd rather a daily cap of a food type (based on number of dragons we have ofc), or better yet for the system to choose food randomly from what they like rather than prioritising their preference unless we have more of that by a significant margin. And I'm sure there's other ways to fix this.

No support for the methods described, but support for fixing the feeding unbalance.
No support for feed per tab due to it greatly increasing the number of unfed fodder on the AH.

Edit: Also, selective feeding is a thing for the multiple people claiming their dragons keep eating one type of food first. It's helped me a ton to feed whatever food type I have most of first.

@ShiningLatios, pinging you for if you didn't know selective feeding was a thing. If you do, apologies for the ping, and I do partially agree with the achievement logic.
No support for feed per tab due to it greatly increasing the number of unfed fodder on the AH.

Edit: Also, selective feeding is a thing for the multiple people claiming their dragons keep eating one type of food first. It's helped me a ton to feed whatever food type I have most of first.

@ShiningLatios, pinging you for if you didn't know selective feeding was a thing. If you do, apologies for the ping, and I do partially agree with the achievement logic.
Untitled47-20231219225403.png
FObX7rS.png5hF3FGk.png
fDSaoY3.pngNN9NPXA.pngtqGkHih.png
Untitled48-20231219225437.png
[quote name="KSH" date="2024-01-31 20:01:25" ]There is a huge issue in how dragons are fed that drains a particular food source unnecessarily. Food preferences are the root of the issue, I think. Having a dragon that can eat more than one type of food, and yet will always be fed its "preference" is completely unbalanced and I 100% agree this needs to be changed. I have an even amount of food stores, and yet most of my dragons prefer meat so despite having plenty of what they also like -- it just stays stuck on feeding them meat, thus I'm constantly running out and very quickly. It's my last favourite thing on FR and I will always be annoyed at it until something changes.[/quote] yep to this. despite the sheer amount of dragons I have that, say, eat both meat AND plants, I'm finding my meat stores always somehow drain dramatically faster than my plants. almost as if it's a scenario where since meat is typically listed first in the diet of dragons that eat multiple things, the majority of them ALWAYS go for it first before ever touching the rest. I wish it felt like it was more balanced what they go for because I have noticed that there seems to be an imbalance or a bias of some sort and kind of hope it's addressed at some point. also @ the above poster I'm inclined to agree, except there is literally an achievement for filling up a starving dragon and the way it works now is you need to either find a dragon that's already starving, feed your active lair one at a time EXCEPT for that dragon, shove all your dragons except for the one in the hibden, or let your whole lair starve. a tab-by-tab basis for mass-feeding would be a godsend for people trying to get this achievement and purely on that logic, I support this idea
KSH wrote on 2024-01-31 20:01:25:

yep to this. despite the sheer amount of dragons I have that, say, eat both meat AND plants, I'm finding my meat stores always somehow drain dramatically faster than my plants. almost as if it's a scenario where since meat is typically listed first in the diet of dragons that eat multiple things, the majority of them ALWAYS go for it first before ever touching the rest. I wish it felt like it was more balanced what they go for because I have noticed that there seems to be an imbalance or a bias of some sort and kind of hope it's addressed at some point.

also @ the above poster I'm inclined to agree, except there is literally an achievement for filling up a starving dragon and the way it works now is you need to either find a dragon that's already starving, feed your active lair one at a time EXCEPT for that dragon, shove all your dragons except for the one in the hibden, or let your whole lair starve. a tab-by-tab basis for mass-feeding would be a godsend for people trying to get this achievement and purely on that logic, I support this idea
I do use selective feeding, however.....this doesn't always help the imbalance of feeding when most dragons prefer a food and you feed that food either on accident or without thinking about how many prefer that food....
I do use selective feeding, however.....this doesn't always help the imbalance of feeding when most dragons prefer a food and you feed that food either on accident or without thinking about how many prefer that food....
~~secrets are to be kept, but only if one has proven themselves worthy of trust~~
New idea in the post.....lemme know how everyone feels about those :)
New idea in the post.....lemme know how everyone feels about those :)
[quote name="ShiningLatios" date="2024-02-01 12:33:23" ] you need to either find a dragon that's already starving, feed your active lair one at a time EXCEPT for that dragon, shove all your dragons except for the one in the hibden, or let your whole lair starve. a tab-by-tab basis for mass-feeding would be a godsend for people trying to get this achievement and purely on that logic, I support this idea [/quote] Nah, just take a level 1 rando into the Ghostlight Ruins and let 'em get rekt a few times. (Just keep hitting "continue" until they're empty.)
ShiningLatios wrote on 2024-02-01 12:33:23:
you need to either find a dragon that's already starving, feed your active lair one at a time EXCEPT for that dragon, shove all your dragons except for the one in the hibden, or let your whole lair starve. a tab-by-tab basis for mass-feeding would be a godsend for people trying to get this achievement and purely on that logic, I support this idea

Nah, just take a level 1 rando into the Ghostlight Ruins and let 'em get rekt a few times. (Just keep hitting "continue" until they're empty.)
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Only support if there is a way to filter out dragons that are so low on energy that they can't use the coliseum due to how much any form of making not feeding fodder easier to feed would increase starving dragons.
Only support if there is a way to filter out dragons that are so low on energy that they can't use the coliseum due to how much any form of making not feeding fodder easier to feed would increase starving dragons.
[quote name="Doglover287915" date="2024-02-04 09:59:27" ] Only support if there is a way to filter out dragons that are so low on energy that they can't use the coliseum due to how much any form of making not feeding fodder easier to feed would increase starving dragons. [/quote] This. Ideally filters for "greater than 80%" and "less than 50%" but other than that I don't particularly have a problem with any other type of selective feeding we don't already have.
Doglover287915 wrote on 2024-02-04 09:59:27:
This. Ideally filters for "greater than 80%" and "less than 50%" but other than that I don't particularly have a problem with any other type of selective feeding we don't already have.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
We can already feed individual dragons, I don't see a problem with per-tab feeding. Although a filter on the AH would be nice. Support!
We can already feed individual dragons, I don't see a problem with per-tab feeding. Although a filter on the AH would be nice. Support!
Hi! I'm Jake or Rads
lwN7WD5.png FRT+9 | he/him

accent shop
xx Silhouette of a flying dragon
1 2