Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Familiar bonding: Menagerie mode
1 2 3 4
Support, this would be great
Support, this would be great
support! maybe i would actually bond with my fams if this was a thing
support! maybe i would actually bond with my fams if this was a thing
D9XjOpZ.jpg
great support, would use every day
great support, would use every day
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.png
SYYY2E5.png
DxCICZ1.png
WANTED:
accent lava born
9170.png
Now this is a version of streamlined familiar bonding I'd be super happy to see—essentially just removing the finicky process of having a second window open.

A clarifying question: Based on the mock-up, were you thinking that the left/right arrow keys would move between dragons, while the up/down ones would swap out familiars? Because that would in fact resolve my only concern, which would be "would taking advantage of this feature make it difficult to also use the arrow keys to navigate my lair 'normally'?"
Now this is a version of streamlined familiar bonding I'd be super happy to see—essentially just removing the finicky process of having a second window open.

A clarifying question: Based on the mock-up, were you thinking that the left/right arrow keys would move between dragons, while the up/down ones would swap out familiars? Because that would in fact resolve my only concern, which would be "would taking advantage of this feature make it difficult to also use the arrow keys to navigate my lair 'normally'?"
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
@figura That's my vision! If they used separate keys, I think it'd be easy to turn on and get used to. No need for existing lair navigation to be removed or changed.

If it had to replace dragon navigation keys (because of technical limitations, for example), I think it'd still be a decent alternative option for bonding, but it would also cause a lot of frustration. (Most people aren't going to want to turn it off after every bonding session; that's unnecessarily finicky.)
@figura That's my vision! If they used separate keys, I think it'd be easy to turn on and get used to. No need for existing lair navigation to be removed or changed.

If it had to replace dragon navigation keys (because of technical limitations, for example), I think it'd still be a decent alternative option for bonding, but it would also cause a lot of frustration. (Most people aren't going to want to turn it off after every bonding session; that's unnecessarily finicky.)
1205.png 2024 DRAGON CENSUS
NEST NETWORK
Check bounty status
Free cauldron!
Honestly I would love this, it might have to be A and D so that the dragon change key binds still work
Honestly I would love this, it might have to be A and D so that the dragon change key binds still work
theultimatecatsig.gif |
|
|
|
|
Wine is just overpriced grape juice
They/Him | FRT +17 | Artist
4sqjku3.png
»Wishlist
»Lair Purge&Sales
»Pinkerlocke

Buy!
oooh i would really like something like this

sometimes i play mobile and the old method of two windows isnt really possible on there
oooh i would really like something like this

sometimes i play mobile and the old method of two windows isnt really possible on there
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
How would we control what familiars we swap with? I keep all of my familiars but only bond with unawakened ones, other than the ones on the rest of my dragons.
How would we control what familiars we swap with? I keep all of my familiars but only bond with unawakened ones, other than the ones on the rest of my dragons.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
[quote name="@shozurei"] How would we control what familiars we swap with? I keep all of my familiars but only bond with unawakened ones, other than the ones on the rest of my dragons. [/quote] Very good question! Here's a few possibilities that I can think of off the top of my head: [LIST] [*] If you open the familiar manu and select a filter, it could save that filter (i.e. open the swap screen, select "not awakened", and go back to the dragon profile. You will now only toggle through familiars that appear in that set of filters.) The main con of this option is that it might not be intuitive to everyone ("why aren't all my familiars showing up?") [*] The filter menu (or a compact version of it) might be displayed on the dragon profile/near the familiar buttons when the mode is turned on. This would make the functionality more obvious, but would add more new elements to the dragon profile. [*] If no filters are added, players can still vault awakened familiars, since this would only cycle through familiars in your hoard. (This solution is only practical for awakened/unawakened, though; it would be tedious to vault/unvault based on other, more specific filters or bond levels.) [/LIST]
@shozurei wrote:

Very good question! Here's a few possibilities that I can think of off the top of my head:
  • If you open the familiar manu and select a filter, it could save that filter (i.e. open the swap screen, select "not awakened", and go back to the dragon profile. You will now only toggle through familiars that appear in that set of filters.) The main con of this option is that it might not be intuitive to everyone ("why aren't all my familiars showing up?")
  • The filter menu (or a compact version of it) might be displayed on the dragon profile/near the familiar buttons when the mode is turned on. This would make the functionality more obvious, but would add more new elements to the dragon profile.
  • If no filters are added, players can still vault awakened familiars, since this would only cycle through familiars in your hoard. (This solution is only practical for awakened/unawakened, though; it would be tedious to vault/unvault based on other, more specific filters or bond levels.)
1205.png 2024 DRAGON CENSUS
NEST NETWORK
Check bounty status
Free cauldron!
this is awesome. full support!
this is awesome. full support!
z6T37Eh.png
DaaGADQ.png
bgYKZct.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
-