Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Familiar bonding: Menagerie mode
1 2 3 4
Inspired by [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/3302812/1]Fiona's Bonding Pen by hydde[/url]. By activating a setting in your customization menu, you're able to use the vertical arrow keys (or possible rebound horizontal arrow keys) to reassign familiars to your active dragon: [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/NznpSM8.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/VtlV9LQ.png[/img][/center] The strategies for bonding familiars become equal: [LIST] [*] Assigned familiars: click to bond + arrow keys to replace dragon + reload the page [*] Excess familiars: click to bond + arrow keys to replace familiar + reload the page [/LIST] Benefits: [LIST] [*] Same amount of page reloads. Same amount of ad revenue [*] Requires one-on-one interaction with each familiar (not a bond-all; lore-friendly?) [*] Still requires some degree of time investment [*] Possibly friendlier to mobile players (2-tab method is impossible on mobile. But maybe: clicking the new button could swap to the next familiar in your hoard, making the methods for assigned & excess familiars equal on mobile as well) [*] No difficulty penalty for players who choose to have smaller clans (less dragons to assign familiars to) [/LIST]
Inspired by Fiona's Bonding Pen by hydde.

By activating a setting in your customization menu, you're able to use the vertical arrow keys (or possible rebound horizontal arrow keys) to reassign familiars to your active dragon:
NznpSM8.png
VtlV9LQ.png

The strategies for bonding familiars become equal:
  • Assigned familiars: click to bond + arrow keys to replace dragon + reload the page
  • Excess familiars: click to bond + arrow keys to replace familiar + reload the page

Benefits:
  • Same amount of page reloads. Same amount of ad revenue
  • Requires one-on-one interaction with each familiar (not a bond-all; lore-friendly?)
  • Still requires some degree of time investment
  • Possibly friendlier to mobile players (2-tab method is impossible on mobile. But maybe: clicking the new button could swap to the next familiar in your hoard, making the methods for assigned & excess familiars equal on mobile as well)
  • No difficulty penalty for players who choose to have smaller clans (less dragons to assign familiars to)
1205.png 2024 DRAGON CENSUS
NEST NETWORK
Check bounty status
Free cauldron!
Oh, this is great actually, as someone who picked up mass bonding for NOTN. full support, I would use this daily.
Oh, this is great actually, as someone who picked up mass bonding for NOTN. full support, I would use this daily.
I used to display all my meme numbers here, but honestly im tired off that
i will still say that i own the #420 saved scry
Support. It would also help to have options for which familiars get swapped in first. (ex. from lowest bond level to highest or newest to oldest)
Support. It would also help to have options for which familiars get swapped in first. (ex. from lowest bond level to highest or newest to oldest)
DragonIC_Big.png PsychicIC_Big.png
I like this idea. I'm more likely to engage with the site function of bonding with familiars if this were to be implemented.

Support.
I like this idea. I'm more likely to engage with the site function of bonding with familiars if this were to be implemented.

Support.
.......LRWJpvK.png
7785.png
x8YqlBy.gif
ciurGcg.png
........lightning_rune.png
T4Peb9C.png
DxCICZ1.png
68469670.png
Qq8TftW.png
I saw the thread about disability accomodations and honestly this is the most likely. Also I love it
I saw the thread about disability accomodations and honestly this is the most likely. Also I love it
2dMJezN.pngqIEuPPv.png
I love this! Great mock up!
I love this! Great mock up!
91785547.png162419.png89758.png147396.png
5BsilZ9.png
tyEuRXe.png
UwlzUwS.png
JvUa9ma.png

Gen 1 Lair
@Thorne
Thank you! For the mockup enjoyers, here's another, which both makes the overall idea clearer and hopefully shows how this can work on mobile: [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/k8pMhzn.png[/img][/center] I'd want to implement buttons on the familiar image, as well. They'd function identically to how the dragon arrows do in the current game. Default order would probably be whatever it is in your inventory (same as the two-tab method) though I wouldn't mind being able to change the order (maybe it defaults to whatever your inventory setting is, so if you've set to ABC or ID order, it will use that setting?) It might make more sense for the arrows to be vertical on the familiar image, if the function is bound to the vertical arrow keys, but I also like the visual consistency of having them aligned the same on both the dragon and the familiar
Thank you! For the mockup enjoyers, here's another, which both makes the overall idea clearer and hopefully shows how this can work on mobile:
k8pMhzn.png

I'd want to implement buttons on the familiar image, as well. They'd function identically to how the dragon arrows do in the current game. Default order would probably be whatever it is in your inventory (same as the two-tab method) though I wouldn't mind being able to change the order (maybe it defaults to whatever your inventory setting is, so if you've set to ABC or ID order, it will use that setting?)

It might make more sense for the arrows to be vertical on the familiar image, if the function is bound to the vertical arrow keys, but I also like the visual consistency of having them aligned the same on both the dragon and the familiar
1205.png 2024 DRAGON CENSUS
NEST NETWORK
Check bounty status
Free cauldron!
Very much support! While doing my own very time consuming bonding with familiars during NOTN this feature would have been so helpful for my wrists and hands, it would prevent the bad cramping from having to go through the tedious swapping process.
Very much support! While doing my own very time consuming bonding with familiars during NOTN this feature would have been so helpful for my wrists and hands, it would prevent the bad cramping from having to go through the tedious swapping process.
Keraunia Hatchery
Oh yes please! That would be fantastic and I think it'd feel really satisfying to do. Better than what I was doing before with having two tabs open changing the familiar in one and reloading/bonding in the other.
Oh yes please! That would be fantastic and I think it'd feel really satisfying to do. Better than what I was doing before with having two tabs open changing the familiar in one and reloading/bonding in the other.
FR +3
she/her or they/them
Sales Tab
FLAMECALLER_sig.png
[quote name="Gemmi" date="2023-12-31 06:12:17" ] Oh, this is great actually, as someone who picked up mass bonding for NOTN. full support, I would use this daily. [/quote] I second this. And support! My only concern would be how the next dragon is picked. Is it non-bonded-today, just starts at the first in your hoard and cycles through until the end, etc. Either of those options I think would be best, but yeah it depends how it's sorted -- I don't mind if we have no control over that, so long as it's a practical sorting system with the focus on those not bonded with today.
Gemmi wrote on 2023-12-31 06:12:17:
I second this. And support!

My only concern would be how the next dragon is picked. Is it non-bonded-today, just starts at the first in your hoard and cycles through until the end, etc. Either of those options I think would be best, but yeah it depends how it's sorted -- I don't mind if we have no control over that, so long as it's a practical sorting system with the focus on those not bonded with today.
1 2 3 4