Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Adeventure mode woes
1 2
now i haven't read much on adventure mode, only really hearing about it on occasion, but I hope it will be an individual thing and not- eugh- whatever dustcarve was. I missed that event, not even in a silly haha memories way but i genuinely did not know it was happening until it was already over.
there was a lot of fun had during that but i would wish a thousand wishes that it doesnt happen to adventure mode. Especially because it revolves around Tidelord returning. id prefer a more laid back adventure of my own, like how arlo is, even if it's just playable once. even if i have to dodge spoilers for weeks. i have fomo like crazy but another event like dustcarve where, even if staff had controlled the milestones, was rushed through at the end might just be worse than missing it all together.

anyway. what do you guys want from adventure mode? solo, communal, or maybe something inbetween ?
now i haven't read much on adventure mode, only really hearing about it on occasion, but I hope it will be an individual thing and not- eugh- whatever dustcarve was. I missed that event, not even in a silly haha memories way but i genuinely did not know it was happening until it was already over.
there was a lot of fun had during that but i would wish a thousand wishes that it doesnt happen to adventure mode. Especially because it revolves around Tidelord returning. id prefer a more laid back adventure of my own, like how arlo is, even if it's just playable once. even if i have to dodge spoilers for weeks. i have fomo like crazy but another event like dustcarve where, even if staff had controlled the milestones, was rushed through at the end might just be worse than missing it all together.

anyway. what do you guys want from adventure mode? solo, communal, or maybe something inbetween ?
a simple gif of a courier dragon flying facing to the right. It is a completely black silhouette with black particles around it One day I'm going to
hand you something and
it's going to be a bug.
It/Its Pronouns
Aro/Ace
Agender Man
FR Time +2
Adventure is likely going to be a campaign mode. So probably individual. Staff DID say they would (or wanted to, at least) run more events like Dustcarve in the future.
Adventure is likely going to be a campaign mode. So probably individual. Staff DID say they would (or wanted to, at least) run more events like Dustcarve in the future.
?1yJ3f=platform.png
RSUsSvx.png
Yeah, the "Efforts" system Dustcarve used and Adventuring Mode are two completely different things.
Yeah, the "Efforts" system Dustcarve used and Adventuring Mode are two completely different things.
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
gotta be honest i have absolutely no hopes for adventure mode at this point, same as coli pvp. if it does happen, great, hope it's good. but i don't think about it much anymore.

not limited to adventure mode, i actually would like to see more site-wide activities that people can participate in together. it feels more fun than doing it by yourself.
gotta be honest i have absolutely no hopes for adventure mode at this point, same as coli pvp. if it does happen, great, hope it's good. but i don't think about it much anymore.

not limited to adventure mode, i actually would like to see more site-wide activities that people can participate in together. it feels more fun than doing it by yourself.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
How did Dustcarve work, mechanically? I was on hiatus when it was happening
How did Dustcarve work, mechanically? I was on hiatus when it was happening
Adventure Mode was promised back before the site launched, it was to be a permanent feature, and referred to as an "adventure/questing mode". [quote]In a content update some time after launch, players will be able to take a party of dragons into a few subregions of the world map, select quests to embark on, and earn treasure/loot for completing them. The player will be able to move their party of dragons around a visual environment, explore, and battle their way through random and scripted encounters. This feature will expand over time, encompassing more and more areas of the Flight Rising realm for players to explore.[/quote] Alas, after 10 years and Adventure Mode being still a far off whisper, I feel that there's no way for it to live up to the hype/wait. X'D
Adventure Mode was promised back before the site launched, it was to be a permanent feature, and referred to as an "adventure/questing mode".
Quote:
In a content update some time after launch, players will be able to take a party of dragons into a few subregions of the world map, select quests to embark on, and earn treasure/loot for completing them. The player will be able to move their party of dragons around a visual environment, explore, and battle their way through random and scripted encounters. This feature will expand over time, encompassing more and more areas of the Flight Rising realm for players to explore.

Alas, after 10 years and Adventure Mode being still a far off whisper, I feel that there's no way for it to live up to the hype/wait. X'D
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
It is not going to be a sitewide event like Dustcarve Dig, or at least it shouldn't be, there are no indicators that it would be time-limited or force everyone to rely on the community. They are, thankfully, two different things and I sO dearly hope we'll be seeing another Effort soon because that was undeniably one of my favourite if not my favourite social experience on Flight Rising. Yeah, probably favourite.
It is not going to be a sitewide event like Dustcarve Dig, or at least it shouldn't be, there are no indicators that it would be time-limited or force everyone to rely on the community. They are, thankfully, two different things and I sO dearly hope we'll be seeing another Effort soon because that was undeniably one of my favourite if not my favourite social experience on Flight Rising. Yeah, probably favourite.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
yeah dustcarve was nothing like adventure mode. and like others have said i have no hope at all that adventure/pvp will ever happen, at least not the way it was originally supposed to be.

and yes another sitewide community event would be great!! it really brought the whole site together. i feel like there may be another to hype up the next modern when its complete
yeah dustcarve was nothing like adventure mode. and like others have said i have no hope at all that adventure/pvp will ever happen, at least not the way it was originally supposed to be.

and yes another sitewide community event would be great!! it really brought the whole site together. i feel like there may be another to hype up the next modern when its complete
she/her
autistic
ping pls
fr+8
[quote name="Gono" date="2024-02-04 09:14:19" ] yeah dustcarve was nothing like adventure mode. and like others have said i have no hope at all that adventure/pvp will ever happen, at least not the way it was originally supposed to be. and yes another sitewide community event would be great!! it really brought the whole site together. i feel like there may be another to hype up the next modern when its complete [/quote] I mean, PvP did exist. It was pretty broken but it was around for years.
Gono wrote on 2024-02-04 09:14:19:

I mean, PvP did exist. It was pretty broken but it was around for years.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
When adventure mode was first pitched, in my head I kinda pictured it like gaia online. just without the online part. moving a lil 2d sprite around an area.

Now I have little hope it'll happen at all, but I imagine it will be much more on the 'click a button, set a timer, do nothing exciting at all' side that almost all site functions seem to be.

Not that I really mind, I think something is better than nothing and I'm still on FR after ten years so I obviously vibe with this kind of gameplay.

I just long for the creativity of early neopets plots/games/community challenges
When adventure mode was first pitched, in my head I kinda pictured it like gaia online. just without the online part. moving a lil 2d sprite around an area.

Now I have little hope it'll happen at all, but I imagine it will be much more on the 'click a button, set a timer, do nothing exciting at all' side that almost all site functions seem to be.

Not that I really mind, I think something is better than nothing and I'm still on FR after ten years so I obviously vibe with this kind of gameplay.

I just long for the creativity of early neopets plots/games/community challenges
Calathea-elderflower.png
1 2