Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Front Page || Forum Newsletter
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 38 39
[quote]lore prompt/questions: wrote:[/quote] [b]Does it snow in the location where your lore sets in?[/b] [indent][i][color=blue]Oh, yes!! It snows all Winter, from possibly late October to possibly late March, and always just the right amount [/indent] [b]If so, how do dragons react to it? Do they celebrate over it?[/b] [indent][i][color=blue]Snow is a HUGE cause for celebration!! Our lair is mostly natural dragons; very few wear apparel at all. But once the cold weather begins, you'll see scarves, hats, cloaks, gloves, all coming out of trunks and closets, and everyone puts on their warm weather gear. Some of our highest flyers even wear goggles to help with visibility. On New Years Day, everyone gets in a massive snowball fight, that ends with a huge bonfire and much eating and singing and dancing. Except for our little Veilspuns; they mostly curl up together in their caves, and keep each other warm, and let the big dragons prance around outside in the cold! Once the snow melts, all the winter apparel comes off and the dragons remain natural for the next 9 months, until they can do it again!![/indent] ^^
Quote:
lore prompt/questions: wrote:

Does it snow in the location where your lore sets in?
Oh, yes!! It snows all Winter, from possibly late October to possibly late March, and always just the right amount

If so, how do dragons react to it? Do they celebrate over it?
Snow is a HUGE cause for celebration!!

Our lair is mostly natural dragons; very few wear apparel at all.

But once the cold weather begins, you'll see scarves, hats, cloaks, gloves, all coming out of trunks and closets, and everyone puts on their warm weather gear.

Some of our highest flyers even wear goggles to help with visibility.

On New Years Day, everyone gets in a massive snowball fight, that ends with a huge bonfire and much eating and singing and dancing.

Except for our little Veilspuns; they mostly curl up together in their caves, and keep each other warm, and let the big dragons prance around outside in the cold!

Once the snow melts, all the winter apparel comes off and the dragons remain natural for the next 9 months, until they can do it again!!

^^
gonna answer some lore questions!!!!

> Does it snow in the location where your lore sets in? If so, how do dragons react to it? Do they celebrate over it?
Since my two clans are located in Plague and Wind territories, no. But The Voyagers do see snow on occasion due to their explorations!! They try to find neat trinkets and build snowdragons and stuff, but it's not really a whole celebration.
> If not, do they wish to see snow someday?
Most of Group Mildew, other than maybe Gladiolus, don't really care about seeing snow. Their primary focus is doing their job; any leisurely time is secondary. As for the Tranquil Repose, MANY of the dragons there would love to see even a small bit of snow fall.
gonna answer some lore questions!!!!

> Does it snow in the location where your lore sets in? If so, how do dragons react to it? Do they celebrate over it?
Since my two clans are located in Plague and Wind territories, no. But The Voyagers do see snow on occasion due to their explorations!! They try to find neat trinkets and build snowdragons and stuff, but it's not really a whole celebration.
> If not, do they wish to see snow someday?
Most of Group Mildew, other than maybe Gladiolus, don't really care about seeing snow. Their primary focus is doing their job; any leisurely time is secondary. As for the Tranquil Repose, MANY of the dragons there would love to see even a small bit of snow fall.
74580052.png
84589772.png
MONTY
he/it/veil
adhdtism
skincent shop
93641105.png
ooh lore questions [b]Does it snow in the location where your lore sets in?[/b] Nope, we live in the Sea of a Thousand Currents. But there are plenty of Ice dragons here anyway. Many of them are fishers! [b]If so, how do dragons react to it? Do they celebrate over it?[/b] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75714023][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/757141/75714023p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [quote=Brisha]I was an ice fisher, a while ago. I don't quite miss the cold ocean. But snow, it's got that unique beauty to it. There's nothing like mountains covered in it. Collecting eternal snow helps me remember that.[/quote] [/columns] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73007856][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/730079/73007856p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [quote=Bianca]Oh man, the snow! Yeah, it's nice, but back where I'm from it gets all mushy; and I HATE that. It gets all in the trees and if you don't watch where you fly, it gets all over your scales. Brrrr! And don't get me started about the fishing; there's only shrimps out there. No, I much prefer it here. But I do like a good snowglobe! (laughs)[/quote] [/columns] [b]If not, do they wish to see snow someday?[/b] [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/39051572][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/390516/39051572p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [quote=Yaeshaun]I would love to go back to see the snow. I love this time of year, because collecting eternal snow helps satisfy that to a degree. I am not Ice-born myself, but when I was young I travelled to the Snowsquall Tundra. I fell in love with the landscape. I don't know why, but it's wonderful to see everything in glowing white. I always have to wear layers and protect myself. Regardless, I have always wanted to go back. It's been a long time, for me.[/quote]
ooh lore questions

Nope, we live in the Sea of a Thousand Currents. But there are plenty of Ice dragons here anyway. Many of them are fishers!

75714023p.png
Brisha wrote:
I was an ice fisher, a while ago. I don't quite miss the cold ocean. But snow, it's got that unique beauty to it. There's nothing like mountains covered in it. Collecting eternal snow helps me remember that.

73007856p.png
Bianca wrote:
Oh man, the snow! Yeah, it's nice, but back where I'm from it gets all mushy; and I HATE that. It gets all in the trees and if you don't watch where you fly, it gets all over your scales. Brrrr! And don't get me started about the fishing; there's only shrimps out there. No, I much prefer it here. But I do like a good snowglobe! (laughs)

If not, do they wish to see snow someday?

39051572p.png
Yaeshaun wrote:
I would love to go back to see the snow. I love this time of year, because collecting eternal snow helps satisfy that to a degree. I am not Ice-born myself, but when I was young I travelled to the Snowsquall Tundra. I fell in love with the landscape. I don't know why, but it's wonderful to see everything in glowing white. I always have to wear layers and protect myself. Regardless, I have always wanted to go back. It's been a long time, for me.
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
Not often! I headcanon that weather is determined in part by which flight has Dom that week, so it's snowing currently because Ice has Dom and it's Gala time! It's still a semitropical region though, so it's not going to be more than a light dusting.
Mostly they stare at it! "What IS this stuff? Is it dangerous? Is it harmless? Is it fun? Is it annoying?" Kind of the way I personally react to snow (I live in Texas).
My Ice Reps are having a good time though, and my (few) Gaolers are rolling in it when they think no one's looking.
The dragons who are more inclined to travel would love to see snow! Most of the rest are perfectly content to just look at the stuff that falls around the Gala time and then move on with their loves.
Not often! I headcanon that weather is determined in part by which flight has Dom that week, so it's snowing currently because Ice has Dom and it's Gala time! It's still a semitropical region though, so it's not going to be more than a light dusting.
Mostly they stare at it! "What IS this stuff? Is it dangerous? Is it harmless? Is it fun? Is it annoying?" Kind of the way I personally react to snow (I live in Texas).
My Ice Reps are having a good time though, and my (few) Gaolers are rolling in it when they think no one's looking.
The dragons who are more inclined to travel would love to see snow! Most of the rest are perfectly content to just look at the stuff that falls around the Gala time and then move on with their loves.
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
I love the fact this became real! Hopes to it becoming a forum standard like Dom Watch!

Of course, take breaks as well!
I love the fact this became real! Hopes to it becoming a forum standard like Dom Watch!

Of course, take breaks as well!
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png88744101.png
[quote name="liteweaver" date="2024-01-29 15:27:14" ] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/6o9QaZr.png[/img] [quote][i]Here's the second edition. The team hopes you like it! Good luck to those of you that do the crossword! Happy Crystalline Gala! [/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3305813/6#post_56068374]>> Start Here <<[/url] @pinglist-18613 [/quote] To everyone on the Front Page team, I absolutely [b]LOVE[/b] this! I really respect and admire the work gone into this, especially all the little extras like the crossword (I love crosswords!) Seriously, well done folks, this is awesome!
Quote:
6o9QaZr.png
Quote:
Here's the second edition. The team hopes you like it! Good luck to those of you that do the crossword! Happy Crystalline Gala!

>> Start Here <<
@The Front Page

To everyone on the Front Page team, I absolutely LOVE this! I really respect and admire the work gone into this, especially all the little extras like the crossword (I love crosswords!)

Seriously, well done folks, this is awesome!
ja2MmZL.png yD2Ropl.png
[color=75A8FF][b][emoji=ice rune size=1]Happy Crystalline Gala to the Front Page Team![emoji=ice rune size=1] [/b][/color] [color=2B84FF][b]Does it snow in the location where your lore sets in? [/b][/color] Snow is an incredibly rare event in the slums of the Cinderslag. Certain elders of the beloved town will sometimes fill hatchlings with tall tales of this soft, white "rain" descending upon the town in decades past. Although those that have traveled to the Southern Icefields themselves or are originally from the Icewarden's domain find it hard to believe that snow could ever fall across this baking landscape. However, with the increasing and tumultuous elemental magic brought about by various recent events, seasons are getting bolder. Summers in the Cinderslag can now rival the heat of the Great Furnace at peak production, while Winters are getting noticeably ....[i]colder[/i]. [color=2B84FF][b]If so, how do dragons react to it? Do they celebrate over it? [/b][/color] Cool weather in the Cinderslag is unusually rare, but this year presented an interesting climactic change for Clan Lasracha. As Night of the Nocturne drew to a close, the warm, dry air currents that wrapped themselves around the Flamecaller's domain began to collapse into colder, dense pockets. The patchwork band of misfits found themselves struggling to glide across their usual routes. On the final night of the Nocturne's festival, the clan gathered together to recount and log their spoils. After the exhausting great post-festival count, the clan found themselves sleepily snuggling together, almost as if it was more comfortable to share the warmth of their comrades than that of the lairspace! Dragons of all ages, breeds, shapes and sizes settled close to one another as one by one, exhaustion took them to their dreams. Unbeknownst to the unconscious clan, the night sky shimmered with mystical energies, and delicate snowflakes drifted down with a celestial dance. The Cinderslag initially protested their arrival, turning each pure snowflake into an ashen, muddy slush, but the snow persisted. As dawn approached, the Clinderslag transformed into a winter wonderland. The small local volcanoes that once spewed rivers of magma now stood covered in a pristine blanket of snow, glistening in the early morning light. The rivers of lava were hidden beneath a layer of frost, creating an otherworldly contrast between the cold snow and the underlying heat. The clan awoke to a sight beyond their wildest dreams. Confused and intrigued, they emerged from their lair, blinking against the unexpected brightness of the snowy landscape. Theren, the leader of the clan, took the lead, her warm and wary gaze surveying the transformed land. The usually hot-headed clan cautiously stepped onto the cold ground, their claws making soft impressions in the snow. The air, once thick with the scent of burning embers, now carried the crisp fragrance of winter. Theren snorted in surprise, creating clouds of steam that mingled with the falling snowflakes. Despite their initial bewilderment and confusion, the clan soon found joy in the novelty of their surroundings. They playfully chased each other through the snow, their fiery breath creating mesmerizing patterns in the frigid air. The lairs of the Cinderslag, accustomed to the heat of molten rock, became cozy retreats where dragons huddled together for warmth. [color=2B84FF][b]If not, do they wish to see snow someday? [/b][/color] The hatchlings of Clan Lasracha are now extremely excited for the snow to come again, especially since they discovered the building and offensive capabilities of snow. Despite the initial joy and amazement the scene brought to the clan, the elders now share a growing worry over what this environmental shift could mean for the Ashfall Waste.
Happy Crystalline Gala to the Front Page Team!

Snow is an incredibly rare event in the slums of the Cinderslag. Certain elders of the beloved town will sometimes fill hatchlings with tall tales of this soft, white "rain" descending upon the town in decades past. Although those that have traveled to the Southern Icefields themselves or are originally from the Icewarden's domain find it hard to believe that snow could ever fall across this baking landscape. However, with the increasing and tumultuous elemental magic brought about by various recent events, seasons are getting bolder. Summers in the Cinderslag can now rival the heat of the Great Furnace at peak production, while Winters are getting noticeably ....colder.

Cool weather in the Cinderslag is unusually rare, but this year presented an interesting climactic change for Clan Lasracha. As Night of the Nocturne drew to a close, the warm, dry air currents that wrapped themselves around the Flamecaller's domain began to collapse into colder, dense pockets. The patchwork band of misfits found themselves struggling to glide across their usual routes. On the final night of the Nocturne's festival, the clan gathered together to recount and log their spoils. After the exhausting great post-festival count, the clan found themselves sleepily snuggling together, almost as if it was more comfortable to share the warmth of their comrades than that of the lairspace! Dragons of all ages, breeds, shapes and sizes settled close to one another as one by one, exhaustion took them to their dreams.

Unbeknownst to the unconscious clan, the night sky shimmered with mystical energies, and delicate snowflakes drifted down with a celestial dance. The Cinderslag initially protested their arrival, turning each pure snowflake into an ashen, muddy slush, but the snow persisted. As dawn approached, the Clinderslag transformed into a winter wonderland. The small local volcanoes that once spewed rivers of magma now stood covered in a pristine blanket of snow, glistening in the early morning light. The rivers of lava were hidden beneath a layer of frost, creating an otherworldly contrast between the cold snow and the underlying heat.

The clan awoke to a sight beyond their wildest dreams. Confused and intrigued, they emerged from their lair, blinking against the unexpected brightness of the snowy landscape. Theren, the leader of the clan, took the lead, her warm and wary gaze surveying the transformed land. The usually hot-headed clan cautiously stepped onto the cold ground, their claws making soft impressions in the snow. The air, once thick with the scent of burning embers, now carried the crisp fragrance of winter. Theren snorted in surprise, creating clouds of steam that mingled with the falling snowflakes. Despite their initial bewilderment and confusion, the clan soon found joy in the novelty of their surroundings. They playfully chased each other through the snow, their fiery breath creating mesmerizing patterns in the frigid air. The lairs of the Cinderslag, accustomed to the heat of molten rock, became cozy retreats where dragons huddled together for warmth.

The hatchlings of Clan Lasracha are now extremely excited for the snow to come again, especially since they discovered the building and offensive capabilities of snow. Despite the initial joy and amazement the scene brought to the clan, the elders now share a growing worry over what this environmental shift could mean for the Ashfall Waste.
ja2MmZL.png yD2Ropl.png
Yaay happy newsletter!!! May I suggest adding the answers to last edition's crossword on the new editions? I'm really stumped on one of the numbers, so if I can't figure it out I'd at least like to know the answer when the prizes have already been claimed!

If filling it out is a lot of effort maybe you could use one of the submitted correct guesses as the answer one..? Like a fun little "if you do it you might get featured!" Kind of thing.
Yaay happy newsletter!!! May I suggest adding the answers to last edition's crossword on the new editions? I'm really stumped on one of the numbers, so if I can't figure it out I'd at least like to know the answer when the prizes have already been claimed!

If filling it out is a lot of effort maybe you could use one of the submitted correct guesses as the answer one..? Like a fun little "if you do it you might get featured!" Kind of thing.
SqnIrhs.png __2BBvY.gif
PRzJZ.gif
YFuOvu8.png 9QUfWsj.png dino-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif Celeana.gif
i hope everyone likes the badge and the new assets! they were fun to work on and i think they're very cute :D

as for the lore questions...
as an ice lair... there's snow everywhere! but most of the story takes place inside the fortress of ends. so yes it does snow, but nobody really sees it :')

as snow is a common sight, not really! but...

they would celebrate escaping the fortress! snow would be a wonderful thing to see again
i hope everyone likes the badge and the new assets! they were fun to work on and i think they're very cute :D

as for the lore questions...
as an ice lair... there's snow everywhere! but most of the story takes place inside the fortress of ends. so yes it does snow, but nobody really sees it :')

as snow is a common sight, not really! but...

they would celebrate escaping the fortress! snow would be a wonderful thing to see again
TeMkEVX.png
GPbVPRP.png Shamura
1OX9mEs.gif any pronouns
1OX9mEs.gif FR time +0
1OX9mEs.gif Abe love ♥
1OX9mEs.gifAvatar dragon
sqaur.png FxIG1mZ.gif For DRS: I have more dragons in the hibden
1OX9mEs.gif For IKTR: my fandragons are here
1OX9mEs.gif Robots are peak character design
1OX9mEs.gif goatlings
1OX9mEs.gif Play ISAT pleaaaase
Not currently! My clan actually moved to "flee" the snow/ice (there's more to it than that lore wise, but that's what it boils down to)

My clan started in ice. There were some issues with "living sculptures" that were made to protect the clan getting a little too active, which resulted in the clan moving to Arcane. Since the clan started in Ice most of the dragons have seen snow/ice and are more than happy to continue avoiding it.. due to the clan's still close proximity to Ice's border those that wish to take a "day trip" to the region are more than able to do so!
Not currently! My clan actually moved to "flee" the snow/ice (there's more to it than that lore wise, but that's what it boils down to)

My clan started in ice. There were some issues with "living sculptures" that were made to protect the clan getting a little too active, which resulted in the clan moving to Arcane. Since the clan started in Ice most of the dragons have seen snow/ice and are more than happy to continue avoiding it.. due to the clan's still close proximity to Ice's border those that wish to take a "day trip" to the region are more than able to do so!
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 38 39