Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Carving your own history
1 2
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/553856/55385561p.png[/img] Isabela seemed to be the one most taken by Snowhide comment's about Poison and Water. She nodded in agreement thinking the notion was quite poingnant. – When we think about it, poison and water will always weaken both. Being diluted would make poison no longer deadly, potentially; while even a droplet of poison would render water no longer pure for consumption, no? Or at least not unless under dire circumstances. And fixing up her glasses, she added. – Skink as a gene does carry some implications. I should know. – She vaguely gestured to her scales. – Some genes carry a stigma, others don't. Gembond comes to mind. Some purists would judge others based on their genes, Coatls are known for finding pale feathered coatls to be sickly or a little weaker than brightly coloured ones. But more modern dragons know that genes are merely aesthetical. – She smiled placidly. – However! If these dragons come from an older time, they might have faced some prejudice and hid themselves! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/506828/50682767p.png[/img] Nigel nodded a little, thinking the odds of these dragons having simply disappeared from public eye was quite a possibility. Of course, he wasn't one to make conclusions without extensive research and it was too soon to rule out the possibility that the dragons hid away from other reasons. – Well, if we are all in agreement to a potential expedition, I would not say no. – He rubbed his snapper eyes. Nigel was a bit of a practical man, the type of person who takes a long time preparing and organising things ahead of a trip. So of course, it wasn't going to get anywhere if it depended on him, not without a mile-long list of things to be done before they took off. Knowing her lead researcher, though, Isabela chuckled. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/553856/55385561p.png[/img] – How about the three of us take a quick travel surveying a perimeter? How about a radius from the Sanctum, and beyond the limits of where Verano previously gathered at? – She suggested and Nigel hummed a happy "hah!" [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/506828/50682767p.png[/img] – Yes, perfect. It should help us not be overwhelmed with this search. Do you three volunteer, then? What about you, Isabela? [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/553856/55385561p.png[/img] – I am happy to go with them. I can ask for one of our warrior scouts to guard our party, although... – She looked at Azurion, Verano and Snowhide. – These three seem more than capable of keeping me protected [i]if[/i] we find trouble. Rest easy, Nigel. Come join us when you're done with preparations. We'll do an empirical survey then come back... Hopefully we find a promising complex of caves to explore! [quote=next][size=2]Feel free to guide us through the caves we're exploring! :D[/size][/quote]
55385561p.png

Isabela seemed to be the one most taken by Snowhide comment's about Poison and Water. She nodded in agreement thinking the notion was quite poingnant.

– When we think about it, poison and water will always weaken both. Being diluted would make poison no longer deadly, potentially; while even a droplet of poison would render water no longer pure for consumption, no? Or at least not unless under dire circumstances.

And fixing up her glasses, she added.

– Skink as a gene does carry some implications. I should know. – She vaguely gestured to her scales. – Some genes carry a stigma, others don't. Gembond comes to mind. Some purists would judge others based on their genes, Coatls are known for finding pale feathered coatls to be sickly or a little weaker than brightly coloured ones. But more modern dragons know that genes are merely aesthetical. – She smiled placidly. – However! If these dragons come from an older time, they might have faced some prejudice and hid themselves!

50682767p.png

Nigel nodded a little, thinking the odds of these dragons having simply disappeared from public eye was quite a possibility. Of course, he wasn't one to make conclusions without extensive research and it was too soon to rule out the possibility that the dragons hid away from other reasons.

– Well, if we are all in agreement to a potential expedition, I would not say no. – He rubbed his snapper eyes. Nigel was a bit of a practical man, the type of person who takes a long time preparing and organising things ahead of a trip. So of course, it wasn't going to get anywhere if it depended on him, not without a mile-long list of things to be done before they took off.

Knowing her lead researcher, though, Isabela chuckled.

55385561p.png

– How about the three of us take a quick travel surveying a perimeter? How about a radius from the Sanctum, and beyond the limits of where Verano previously gathered at? – She suggested and Nigel hummed a happy "hah!"

50682767p.png

– Yes, perfect. It should help us not be overwhelmed with this search. Do you three volunteer, then? What about you, Isabela?

55385561p.png

– I am happy to go with them. I can ask for one of our warrior scouts to guard our party, although... – She looked at Azurion, Verano and Snowhide. – These three seem more than capable of keeping me protected if we find trouble. Rest easy, Nigel. Come join us when you're done with preparations. We'll do an empirical survey then come back... Hopefully we find a promising complex of caves to explore!
next wrote:
Feel free to guide us through the caves we're exploring! :D
o163-d1-Mudy.pngo163-d2-Mudy.pngo163-d3-Mudy.pngo163-d4-Mudy.pngo163-d5-Mudy.png xrunestone-hoard.png x
Mudy | she/they | +8H FR

English is not my mother language
Spruce kills my playstyle.
toss a like to this loser
About & Lore board
navigator-dominance-board.png
Snowhide's thought process about Poison and Water piqued the interest of Azurion and Isabela. She tried to allay Azurion's worries a bit - I hope it's just some kind of symbolic meaning of the elements, and it can even be paralleled with the events of the past. Poison, or Death, prevailed over Water, or Life. - then she looked at Isabela - It is true that they mutually weaken each other, but the life-giving water loses its life-giving properties even with the diluted poison. Symbolically speaking, Life is always defeated by Death. No one and nothing lives forever - Snowhide reflected a little in her thoughts, then finally added - Something huge destruction has been carried out, the consequences of which can be felt in this place as well.
A few minutes later, she received an explanation from Isabela about her questions about genes. She listened with interest to the wise dragon, but when she told about the prejudices of the purists, she couldn't hide her displeasure - This is not right. One should only judge another dragon by their actions and the intent behind their actions. It's not right to judge and condemn someone based on their appearance - she blurted out a little. On the other hand, however, she was reassured that modern dragons have a different opinion on the matter. Then, at the end of the discussion about genes, something occured to her - Maybe the tendency to magic also depends on the presence of certain genes? - she wondered, which does not necessarily seem foolish at first. Especially since in some dragons with a paler color can be associated with poorer health. Why can't there be other genes that affect magic power? or physical strength? - However, what is really important is not genes, but personality and character. Whether we are good or evil. That we build or destroy.

However, she couldn't philosophize about it for too long, Azurion became very excited at the thought of exploring the caves. - I couldn't say no to a good adventure - she replied to Azurion, especially after the magic word "fun" was spoken. - Don't worry, we'll be fine. I'll take care of him - she snarled at the excited dragon for a moment. Soon the team was assembled, with Azurion and Isabela they set off for the nearby caves. And Nigel will join them a little later. It's likely to catch up to them soon, given that they'll check the passages that Verano already discovered first, just to be safe. - Well, where should we go? - she looked questioningly at Verano before leaving the Sanctum. And after finding the direction, Snowhide threw herself into the adventure. They soon reached the first caves - It's safer if we check the passages again. Although it is unlikely that anything has changed since Verano was here, you never know. Just because it was empty then doesn't mean it's empty now. Although, there would have been signs if there was no one there only at the moment... - she thought aloud before they entered the first flight. And indeed, there was absolutely nothing of note in the first one, apart from the rocks and... - Spiders? - noted Snowhide as she peeled off a small amount of spider web-like material from her right wing, which she carelessly reached into. Then they went to the next cave, where they also found similar things. This is how they went from cave to cave, until he stopped in one of the passages - Did you see it too? What is there? - asked Azurion, a dragon famous for his eyesight. Of course, she couldn't properly see that school of brightly colored fish in the distance, only that some kind of colored spots were swirling at the end of the passage.
Snowhide's thought process about Poison and Water piqued the interest of Azurion and Isabela. She tried to allay Azurion's worries a bit - I hope it's just some kind of symbolic meaning of the elements, and it can even be paralleled with the events of the past. Poison, or Death, prevailed over Water, or Life. - then she looked at Isabela - It is true that they mutually weaken each other, but the life-giving water loses its life-giving properties even with the diluted poison. Symbolically speaking, Life is always defeated by Death. No one and nothing lives forever - Snowhide reflected a little in her thoughts, then finally added - Something huge destruction has been carried out, the consequences of which can be felt in this place as well.
A few minutes later, she received an explanation from Isabela about her questions about genes. She listened with interest to the wise dragon, but when she told about the prejudices of the purists, she couldn't hide her displeasure - This is not right. One should only judge another dragon by their actions and the intent behind their actions. It's not right to judge and condemn someone based on their appearance - she blurted out a little. On the other hand, however, she was reassured that modern dragons have a different opinion on the matter. Then, at the end of the discussion about genes, something occured to her - Maybe the tendency to magic also depends on the presence of certain genes? - she wondered, which does not necessarily seem foolish at first. Especially since in some dragons with a paler color can be associated with poorer health. Why can't there be other genes that affect magic power? or physical strength? - However, what is really important is not genes, but personality and character. Whether we are good or evil. That we build or destroy.

However, she couldn't philosophize about it for too long, Azurion became very excited at the thought of exploring the caves. - I couldn't say no to a good adventure - she replied to Azurion, especially after the magic word "fun" was spoken. - Don't worry, we'll be fine. I'll take care of him - she snarled at the excited dragon for a moment. Soon the team was assembled, with Azurion and Isabela they set off for the nearby caves. And Nigel will join them a little later. It's likely to catch up to them soon, given that they'll check the passages that Verano already discovered first, just to be safe. - Well, where should we go? - she looked questioningly at Verano before leaving the Sanctum. And after finding the direction, Snowhide threw herself into the adventure. They soon reached the first caves - It's safer if we check the passages again. Although it is unlikely that anything has changed since Verano was here, you never know. Just because it was empty then doesn't mean it's empty now. Although, there would have been signs if there was no one there only at the moment... - she thought aloud before they entered the first flight. And indeed, there was absolutely nothing of note in the first one, apart from the rocks and... - Spiders? - noted Snowhide as she peeled off a small amount of spider web-like material from her right wing, which she carelessly reached into. Then they went to the next cave, where they also found similar things. This is how they went from cave to cave, until he stopped in one of the passages - Did you see it too? What is there? - asked Azurion, a dragon famous for his eyesight. Of course, she couldn't properly see that school of brightly colored fish in the distance, only that some kind of colored spots were swirling at the end of the passage.
Verano quietly listened to the others' brainstorming about the possible genes and the reason that might led those unkonwn dragons hide. He gently smiled at Azurion, who was just about to freak out: the young Wildclaw never understood the point of prejudice; from his eyesight, every dragon was the same, regardless of anything. Well, at least if they indeed hid themselfes because of this, then Azurion himself will be the one who will guide them to the surface! This thought calmed him down, and anyway, they were about to set out for a new adventure! - I think I'll stay here for the time being - Verano answered the question about volunteering - I had to discuss something with you, Nigel, about one of our new clanmate who I deeply recommend to be a part of your group - he glanced at the snapper, then turned to the youngsters - I wish you the best. Going on another adventure is too fast for me, as I [i]am[/i] on an adventure since you found the Sanctum - the smiled bittersweetly. Well, all the things he experienced in the last months were just, too much. He had to slow down a bit and take the whole world step by step. - I hope you'll take care of each other, right, Azurion? - he laughed, knowing how devoted and enthusiastic Azurion really are - Thank you, Snowhide - he added and was really greatful for the imperial to promise this herself. He knew that the two were friends since they were just hatchlings, and Snowhide no doubt can slow down Azurion in time if the wildclaw plans to do something reckless. He showed the radius and the caverns he used to use on the map, and let the team start their exploration. In Azurion's opinion, the first dozen caves was boring. They found absolutely nothing beside some cracks and water spiders, and what Snowhide pointed out in the distance were just a shoal of fish. - We should really search the distant caves after this. There is nothing here - he suggested, tough there were like ten unvisited caves in the nearest area too. He was a little (or maybe not a little) impatient, but Azurion was, well, Azurion. Of course they were a team of three now, so if the other two dragons disagreed, he continued to search there tunnels without a wrong word. After about two to three hours, he discovered something in the distance: - I spotted some movement! - he shouted overjoyed and pointed out the direction: they haven't seen a single alive thing in the past half an hour, so this was something to be happy about - Lets follow it! And this time he didn't wait for an answer. He started to swim rapidly, but after some time, he stopped. He was confused: there was nothing around him - I am sure I saw something... - he murmured and then turned to Isabela and Snowhide - Maybe we can check for secret entrances? - he asked. Well, if Isabela was a little familiar with geology, she soon can notice that there is a different type of rock in the underwater fissure below them than the rocks in the area. It is barely noticeable, the colour is just the same. And if someone swam closer, small scarthes can be seen, like someone forcefully dragged this stone there. - There is a tunnel starting here! - Azurion said and pointed to a spot about seventy meters from the stange rock - Oh, and a giant skeleton! - he added with admiration. Yes, there was a dragon skeleton in the tunnel just a few meters from the entrance and it was in a pretty bad condition: a lot of bones were broken and huge rocks buried the half of it. The young wildclaw did not recognize the species nor the age of it, so he let the other two find it out, of course if they wanted to. Azurion shook his head. - How awful, the builders must have fall on it and kill it at the instant. Could it be just unfortunate or was it... intentional? - he raised the question and soon started to investigate the deadly sight - There is enough space to go through above it. Maybe we can find something at the end of this tunnel, right? What do you think? - he asked and let the other two decide the next step: if Isabela and Snowhide found it okay, they can go this way, but if (and if) they find the strange rock and are about to move it away, Azurion will be happy to help out with it too. ((There is a tunnel starting there, too, but who knows which is the more dangerous?)) [quote][size=2]Okay, so I planned different things and different storyline for the two routes, so yeah, in this case, your choice indeed makes a difference! I hope you all enjoy the game so far ^^ I only ask us to speed up the pace a little, I really wish to have these subspecies at the beginning of Wavecrest! Thanks! ;)[/size][/quote]
Verano quietly listened to the others' brainstorming about the possible genes and the reason that might led those unkonwn dragons hide. He gently smiled at Azurion, who was just about to freak out: the young Wildclaw never understood the point of prejudice; from his eyesight, every dragon was the same, regardless of anything. Well, at least if they indeed hid themselfes because of this, then Azurion himself will be the one who will guide them to the surface!
This thought calmed him down, and anyway, they were about to set out for a new adventure!
- I think I'll stay here for the time being - Verano answered the question about volunteering - I had to discuss something with you, Nigel, about one of our new clanmate who I deeply recommend to be a part of your group - he glanced at the snapper, then turned to the youngsters - I wish you the best. Going on another adventure is too fast for me, as I am on an adventure since you found the Sanctum - the smiled bittersweetly. Well, all the things he experienced in the last months were just, too much. He had to slow down a bit and take the whole world step by step.
- I hope you'll take care of each other, right, Azurion? - he laughed, knowing how devoted and enthusiastic Azurion really are - Thank you, Snowhide - he added and was really greatful for the imperial to promise this herself. He knew that the two were friends since they were just hatchlings, and Snowhide no doubt can slow down Azurion in time if the wildclaw plans to do something reckless.
He showed the radius and the caverns he used to use on the map, and let the team start their exploration.

In Azurion's opinion, the first dozen caves was boring. They found absolutely nothing beside some cracks and water spiders, and what Snowhide pointed out in the distance were just a shoal of fish.
- We should really search the distant caves after this. There is nothing here - he suggested, tough there were like ten unvisited caves in the nearest area too. He was a little (or maybe not a little) impatient, but Azurion was, well, Azurion. Of course they were a team of three now, so if the other two dragons disagreed, he continued to search there tunnels without a wrong word.
After about two to three hours, he discovered something in the distance:
- I spotted some movement! - he shouted overjoyed and pointed out the direction: they haven't seen a single alive thing in the past half an hour, so this was something to be happy about - Lets follow it!
And this time he didn't wait for an answer. He started to swim rapidly, but after some time, he stopped. He was confused: there was nothing around him - I am sure I saw something... - he murmured and then turned to Isabela and Snowhide - Maybe we can check for secret entrances? - he asked. Well, if Isabela was a little familiar with geology, she soon can notice that there is a different type of rock in the underwater fissure below them than the rocks in the area. It is barely noticeable, the colour is just the same. And if someone swam closer, small scarthes can be seen, like someone forcefully dragged this stone there.
- There is a tunnel starting here! - Azurion said and pointed to a spot about seventy meters from the stange rock - Oh, and a giant skeleton! - he added with admiration. Yes, there was a dragon skeleton in the tunnel just a few meters from the entrance and it was in a pretty bad condition: a lot of bones were broken and huge rocks buried the half of it. The young wildclaw did not recognize the species nor the age of it, so he let the other two find it out, of course if they wanted to.
Azurion shook his head.
- How awful, the builders must have fall on it and kill it at the instant. Could it be just unfortunate or was it... intentional? - he raised the question and soon started to investigate the deadly sight - There is enough space to go through above it. Maybe we can find something at the end of this tunnel, right? What do you think? - he asked and let the other two decide the next step: if Isabela and Snowhide found it okay, they can go this way, but if (and if) they find the strange rock and are about to move it away, Azurion will be happy to help out with it too. ((There is a tunnel starting there, too, but who knows which is the more dangerous?))

Quote:
Okay, so I planned different things and different storyline for the two routes, so yeah, in this case, your choice indeed makes a difference! I hope you all enjoy the game so far ^^ I only ask us to speed up the pace a little, I really wish to have these subspecies at the beginning of Wavecrest! Thanks! ;)
Isabela was instantly taken by Snowhide's philosophical musings over life and Death, especially in relation to "death of water". The idea of elemental decay and death fascinated her mostly because she had always taken pride in being a scholar and a smart mind, but also because her family was comprised of adventurers and business dragons, so she was often alone in her scholarly inclinations. But there would be time to discuss that at a later moment, when they could convene in peace and quiet. For now, Isabela found herself with the task of escorting the two young dragons into the caves. She took careful account of the findings, even if they had been boring at first. Shoal, rock formations, species of algae and which school of fish lounged about each cave. This would all help map out and identify them in future maps, for it was easier to describe each particular cave as "the Pink Coral one" or "the blue marlin lair" than not having names for them at all! Surely it would make her sister Maria proud too, and Isabela was always thinking about the two. Alas, the cave they soon found themselves at had the guardian shivering. Well, that skeleton simply could not be a good sign. She lowered her wings defensively, sitting down and looking at the rock formation with it's different colouring. It was quite obvious which of them she would rather follow. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/553856/55385561p.png[/img] – Ah... – She hummed, clearing her throat and getting both younglings attention. – I must say. It would be perhaps wide to... Not venture into the dark tunnel with a dead carcass before it without further precautions. A party of three usually sufises, but I would be more comfortable if we had more team members. Perhaps we can wait to venture towards that path once Nigel and Verano rejoin us in a while. Then, turning to the rock, she figured between herself and Snowhide – guardian and imperial – they surely were big enough to move the rock away with sheer force. – How about exploring this side for now? Azurion? Snowhide, can you help me with this? It would be obvious to a dragon as wise and observant as Snowhide that Isabela was simply scared to go into the dark tunnel. Perhaps she could be convinced, but the guardian was already making moves towards the rock, hoping the imperial would aid her. [quote][size=2]unlike me who always sticks their hand in underwater caves, especially if they have shells or bones before it, in hopes of finding octopus, I am assuming scholarly and prim Isabela would be at least a bit scared :'D sorry, I think she'll go with the rock and hope for the best! If going through the tunnel is imperative, assume she will if she's outvoted. hooray democracy haha[/size][/quote]
Isabela was instantly taken by Snowhide's philosophical musings over life and Death, especially in relation to "death of water". The idea of elemental decay and death fascinated her mostly because she had always taken pride in being a scholar and a smart mind, but also because her family was comprised of adventurers and business dragons, so she was often alone in her scholarly inclinations.

But there would be time to discuss that at a later moment, when they could convene in peace and quiet. For now, Isabela found herself with the task of escorting the two young dragons into the caves. She took careful account of the findings, even if they had been boring at first. Shoal, rock formations, species of algae and which school of fish lounged about each cave. This would all help map out and identify them in future maps, for it was easier to describe each particular cave as "the Pink Coral one" or "the blue marlin lair" than not having names for them at all! Surely it would make her sister Maria proud too, and Isabela was always thinking about the two.

Alas, the cave they soon found themselves at had the guardian shivering. Well, that skeleton simply could not be a good sign. She lowered her wings defensively, sitting down and looking at the rock formation with it's different colouring. It was quite obvious which of them she would rather follow.

55385561p.png

– Ah... – She hummed, clearing her throat and getting both younglings attention. – I must say. It would be perhaps wide to... Not venture into the dark tunnel with a dead carcass before it without further precautions. A party of three usually sufises, but I would be more comfortable if we had more team members. Perhaps we can wait to venture towards that path once Nigel and Verano rejoin us in a while.

Then, turning to the rock, she figured between herself and Snowhide – guardian and imperial – they surely were big enough to move the rock away with sheer force.

– How about exploring this side for now? Azurion? Snowhide, can you help me with this?

It would be obvious to a dragon as wise and observant as Snowhide that Isabela was simply scared to go into the dark tunnel. Perhaps she could be convinced, but the guardian was already making moves towards the rock, hoping the imperial would aid her.
Quote:
unlike me who always sticks their hand in underwater caves, especially if they have shells or bones before it, in hopes of finding octopus, I am assuming scholarly and prim Isabela would be at least a bit scared :'D sorry, I think she'll go with the rock and hope for the best! If going through the tunnel is imperative, assume she will if she's outvoted. hooray democracy haha
o163-d1-Mudy.pngo163-d2-Mudy.pngo163-d3-Mudy.pngo163-d4-Mudy.pngo163-d5-Mudy.png xrunestone-hoard.png x
Mudy | she/they | +8H FR

About & Lore board
The team set about exploring the caves. At the beginning, they found nothing special, except for water spiders and various schools of fish. Yes, what Snowhide spotted in one of the caves was just an ordinary school of fish, even though at first glance - especially from afar - it could have been anything. But that's exactly why Azurion's good eyesight was especially useful. Otherwise, they could have looked at each and every thing up close before they could identify what they saw.
Some time and several caves later, Azurion noticed movement. And Snowhide, as her friend signaled and pointed in the direction, immediately went after him to see what they had found. Although Azurion is a strong and skillful dragon, his excitement makes her fear that he will walk recklessly into a potential trap. So it's natural that she stayed close to him the whole time, didn't let him rush forward alone.

- Skeleton? - Snowhide raised her head, then added - I don't know how long he's been there or what could have happened. But something is very wrong. If there had been an accident, then his companions would certainly not have left him here to the public. Unless he was alone and no one knew he was here... she thought about the origin of the dragon skeleton. - I don't have a very good feeling either ... - there was some concern in her voice. She was not afraid of a possible fight, but of the unknown. They don't know what might be waiting for them on that cave. Based on the fact that the owner of the skeleton did not die recently, but years, even many, many years ago, it is possible that nothing will be found inside that cave. But it's also possible that whoever did this is still in there. What worried her more was Azurion's over-enthusiasm, and over-enthusiasm is not good for attention. Snowhide also experienced a couple of times that when something really distracted her - or she was just going somewhere else in her imagination - well, that's when minor accidents usually happened. And here, a thoughtless step can demand a higher price than when you accidentally knocked down a beehive while hunting and were forced to retreat due to the invasion of stingers...

Shortly, the scientist of the team, Isabela, noticed something - What did you find? - she asked her, and after seeing the rock the dragon was looking at, she added - Ah, a potential backdoor. - then she tried to lift the rock, but she was only able to move it a little - Azurion, come on, let's throw it away - she said jokingly to the excited dragon. Then, after they had successfully dragged the rock out of the way with joint efforts, she spoke again - It's likely that way, if there's something there, we'd run right into it, and maybe we'd notice it too late - she pointed with her wing in the direction of the skeleton passage. - On this way, we will gain a positional advantage and catch those who would like to catch us... - she began to explain, in which she got tangled up like a cat with the skein of string. - So, I think this passage seems safer. - then, of course, Snowhide may be wrong, and this passage was closed from the outside for a reason. Could it be that there is something very dangerous in there that they have inadvertently opened the way for? The dragon shook her head, trying to banish the troubling thought away. - Let's be careful - she said to Isabela and Azurion, then ventured into the newly opened passage...
The team set about exploring the caves. At the beginning, they found nothing special, except for water spiders and various schools of fish. Yes, what Snowhide spotted in one of the caves was just an ordinary school of fish, even though at first glance - especially from afar - it could have been anything. But that's exactly why Azurion's good eyesight was especially useful. Otherwise, they could have looked at each and every thing up close before they could identify what they saw.
Some time and several caves later, Azurion noticed movement. And Snowhide, as her friend signaled and pointed in the direction, immediately went after him to see what they had found. Although Azurion is a strong and skillful dragon, his excitement makes her fear that he will walk recklessly into a potential trap. So it's natural that she stayed close to him the whole time, didn't let him rush forward alone.

- Skeleton? - Snowhide raised her head, then added - I don't know how long he's been there or what could have happened. But something is very wrong. If there had been an accident, then his companions would certainly not have left him here to the public. Unless he was alone and no one knew he was here... she thought about the origin of the dragon skeleton. - I don't have a very good feeling either ... - there was some concern in her voice. She was not afraid of a possible fight, but of the unknown. They don't know what might be waiting for them on that cave. Based on the fact that the owner of the skeleton did not die recently, but years, even many, many years ago, it is possible that nothing will be found inside that cave. But it's also possible that whoever did this is still in there. What worried her more was Azurion's over-enthusiasm, and over-enthusiasm is not good for attention. Snowhide also experienced a couple of times that when something really distracted her - or she was just going somewhere else in her imagination - well, that's when minor accidents usually happened. And here, a thoughtless step can demand a higher price than when you accidentally knocked down a beehive while hunting and were forced to retreat due to the invasion of stingers...

Shortly, the scientist of the team, Isabela, noticed something - What did you find? - she asked her, and after seeing the rock the dragon was looking at, she added - Ah, a potential backdoor. - then she tried to lift the rock, but she was only able to move it a little - Azurion, come on, let's throw it away - she said jokingly to the excited dragon. Then, after they had successfully dragged the rock out of the way with joint efforts, she spoke again - It's likely that way, if there's something there, we'd run right into it, and maybe we'd notice it too late - she pointed with her wing in the direction of the skeleton passage. - On this way, we will gain a positional advantage and catch those who would like to catch us... - she began to explain, in which she got tangled up like a cat with the skein of string. - So, I think this passage seems safer. - then, of course, Snowhide may be wrong, and this passage was closed from the outside for a reason. Could it be that there is something very dangerous in there that they have inadvertently opened the way for? The dragon shook her head, trying to banish the troubling thought away. - Let's be careful - she said to Isabela and Azurion, then ventured into the newly opened passage...
Azurion stared onto his two companion with a strange look: he surely didn't understand what is bad about this whole thing, the skeleton in the front of a dark, mysterious cave. It was simply a good opportunity to adventure! And he didn't see anything beneath it either, so why worry? - I don't feel anything bad... - he said and got a little sad when Isabela added they should wait for the others. Waiting was so boring for a dragon like Azurion! He started to be a little disappointed, but then the guardian found something that picked the wildclaw's interest - A rock? Okay, lets move it! Well, he could be very easily influenced by anything that looked fun, and at this point anything was more fun than waiting still for Nigel and Verona to come. Azurion swam near the team to help them if he potentially could and they succedded in no time: the rock moved without much resistance. - That was easy! - he laughed and he was about to swim in straight without any caution if Snowhide or Isabela didn't stop him in time. Anyway, the tunnel was wide enough for the bigger dragons too, but they could only proceed in a line. Azurion looked inside. - I think I should lead the way - he offered - I see in a distance and if you were in front of me, um, I couldn't - he smiled politely. Not that he wanted to offend these ladies, not at all! They were just guardian and imperial, the two species that were surely bigger then a wildclaw like him. If everything settled, the team continued the exploration. As they swam deeper, the tunnel darkened with every meter, but that wasn't a problem for Azurion. And soon they started to see (or feel) some empty shells on the ground beneath their feet, put there in perfect geometric shapes. - Someone has an eye for good interior design - he looked around amused - Oh, look at that! - he pointed to a branching in the tunnel: the route at their right side was tiled with sparkling, faintly glowing minerals in a spiral form. It started on the ground and continued ahead to the right side and then the ceiling of the tunnel, and then to the left side until the ground. The spiral kept going until the point they couldn't see it further, because the tunnel's elevation started to rise. The path that they were in continued ahead with the shells. - Which way? - Azurion asked but he positioned himself in the direction of the minerals with his eyes sparkling with joy. But before anyone could answer, he quickly put his arm on his mouth and signalled the others to be silent too. He moved backward a bit from the branching and they could soon hear the sound of movement. Someone was there. And it came close fast. - Carla? Will? - a big, female bogsneak swang forward - At last you are he..re... - she froze when she found herself in front of three foreign dragons in the middle of nowhere in the deep ocean. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86511496][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/865115/86511496.png[/img][/url][/center] She had sharp claws and jaws, points and stripes on her skin, but not a pattern that resembled the waves. She stared at the three for a couple of seconds, but her look soon turned into a mixture of uncertainty and hostileness. - What are you doing here? - she asked with some anger in her voice and raised his forehands to attack or maybe defend. It was clear that she was not prepared for this kind of situation at all, to meet anyone unfamiliar in this place.
Azurion stared onto his two companion with a strange look: he surely didn't understand what is bad about this whole thing, the skeleton in the front of a dark, mysterious cave. It was simply a good opportunity to adventure! And he didn't see anything beneath it either, so why worry?
- I don't feel anything bad... - he said and got a little sad when Isabela added they should wait for the others. Waiting was so boring for a dragon like Azurion! He started to be a little disappointed, but then the guardian found something that picked the wildclaw's interest - A rock? Okay, lets move it!
Well, he could be very easily influenced by anything that looked fun, and at this point anything was more fun than waiting still for Nigel and Verona to come. Azurion swam near the team to help them if he potentially could and they succedded in no time: the rock moved without much resistance.
- That was easy! - he laughed and he was about to swim in straight without any caution if Snowhide or Isabela didn't stop him in time. Anyway, the tunnel was wide enough for the bigger dragons too, but they could only proceed in a line. Azurion looked inside.
- I think I should lead the way - he offered - I see in a distance and if you were in front of me, um, I couldn't - he smiled politely. Not that he wanted to offend these ladies, not at all! They were just guardian and imperial, the two species that were surely bigger then a wildclaw like him.

If everything settled, the team continued the exploration. As they swam deeper, the tunnel darkened with every meter, but that wasn't a problem for Azurion. And soon they started to see (or feel) some empty shells on the ground beneath their feet, put there in perfect geometric shapes.
- Someone has an eye for good interior design - he looked around amused - Oh, look at that! - he pointed to a branching in the tunnel: the route at their right side was tiled with sparkling, faintly glowing minerals in a spiral form. It started on the ground and continued ahead to the right side and then the ceiling of the tunnel, and then to the left side until the ground. The spiral kept going until the point they couldn't see it further, because the tunnel's elevation started to rise.
The path that they were in continued ahead with the shells.
- Which way? - Azurion asked but he positioned himself in the direction of the minerals with his eyes sparkling with joy. But before anyone could answer, he quickly put his arm on his mouth and signalled the others to be silent too. He moved backward a bit from the branching and they could soon hear the sound of movement.
Someone was there.
And it came close fast.
- Carla? Will? - a big, female bogsneak swang forward - At last you are he..re... - she froze when she found herself in front of three foreign dragons in the middle of nowhere in the deep ocean.
86511496.png

She had sharp claws and jaws, points and stripes on her skin, but not a pattern that resembled the waves. She stared at the three for a couple of seconds, but her look soon turned into a mixture of uncertainty and hostileness.
- What are you doing here? - she asked with some anger in her voice and raised his forehands to attack or maybe defend. It was clear that she was not prepared for this kind of situation at all, to meet anyone unfamiliar in this place.
Now that was a surprise! While Isabela, like Snowhide had been expecting some monstrous foe, Azurion turned out to be right in his eagerness. A bogsneak! Well surely this modern dragon could be reasoned with, even if it seemed to be a bit on edge over strangers being on their lair. Isabela certainly could understand the feeling. Nobody likes uninvited guests. But of course, the bogsneak had sharp claws and jaws... That alone could prove trouble. Isabela was [i]big[/i], Azurion had been right, big in size and in worries! She wasn't a fighter like her older sister Elena. She was a nerd through and through. But she was also the guardian. She felt it was her duty to keep these two safe. Feeling a bit responsible for the party as far as identifications go, she stepped forward... Well, she stretched her neck tall, way above Azurion. She was also representing the Scholars at the Sanctum, so it was the least she could do. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/553856/55385561p.png[/img] – My name is Isabela Kingsmith, and I'm here representing the Scholars currently studying the Sanctum of Words, which is not too far from here. – She made a pause as if to let the bogsneak simmer her words. Hopefully they wouldn't find a bunch of adventuring scholars a threat, right? – We found some old notes about the surrounding caves near where the Sanctum lies, and figured it was a good way to occupy our day... Sorry if we broke into your home. Best to gauge reactions before they go revealing [i]why they were there[/i] and the scrolls they had found. One thing at the time. Of course, if the bogsneak knew these caves, they were in luck! [quote][size=2]I think it makes sense for you to play next, Nalani! <3 Since you're controlling the new challenger approaching! I will go after Osirisz next.[/size][/quote]
Now that was a surprise! While Isabela, like Snowhide had been expecting some monstrous foe, Azurion turned out to be right in his eagerness. A bogsneak! Well surely this modern dragon could be reasoned with, even if it seemed to be a bit on edge over strangers being on their lair. Isabela certainly could understand the feeling. Nobody likes uninvited guests.

But of course, the bogsneak had sharp claws and jaws... That alone could prove trouble. Isabela was big, Azurion had been right, big in size and in worries! She wasn't a fighter like her older sister Elena. She was a nerd through and through.

But she was also the guardian. She felt it was her duty to keep these two safe.

Feeling a bit responsible for the party as far as identifications go, she stepped forward... Well, she stretched her neck tall, way above Azurion. She was also representing the Scholars at the Sanctum, so it was the least she could do.

55385561p.png

– My name is Isabela Kingsmith, and I'm here representing the Scholars currently studying the Sanctum of Words, which is not too far from here. – She made a pause as if to let the bogsneak simmer her words. Hopefully they wouldn't find a bunch of adventuring scholars a threat, right? – We found some old notes about the surrounding caves near where the Sanctum lies, and figured it was a good way to occupy our day... Sorry if we broke into your home.

Best to gauge reactions before they go revealing why they were there and the scrolls they had found. One thing at the time. Of course, if the bogsneak knew these caves, they were in luck!
Quote:
I think it makes sense for you to play next, Nalani! <3 Since you're controlling the new challenger approaching! I will go after Osirisz next.
Mudy | she/they | +8H FR

About & Lore board
Azurion smiled at the bogsneak while Isabela was talking, making himself look friendly and trustworthy, even if they did enter someone else's territory uninvited. Consequences of being hasty, right?
- So you are a scolar... - the other dragon replied and soon she looked at Snowhide and Azurion with concern, eager to hear what they represent and who they might be. She didn't let her guard down at any rate, but the fact that these three didn't attack her at once caused her to calm down a little. Maybe they did find this cavern only by chance, but... they better go away as soon as possible.
Azurion waited for Snowhide to introduce herself, then he added:
- My name is Azurion. I'm an adventurer! - he smiled proudly, tough Snowhide could tell that it was rather a dream then a fact.
The bogsneak let out a deep breath.
- I am Guardia - she said, but she kept the distance and didn't move out of the way. She took some glances behind the strangers as she was waiting for something... or, maybe, someone... but she didn't tell anything else for now. Lets see what these three were up to.
Azurion smiled at the bogsneak while Isabela was talking, making himself look friendly and trustworthy, even if they did enter someone else's territory uninvited. Consequences of being hasty, right?
- So you are a scolar... - the other dragon replied and soon she looked at Snowhide and Azurion with concern, eager to hear what they represent and who they might be. She didn't let her guard down at any rate, but the fact that these three didn't attack her at once caused her to calm down a little. Maybe they did find this cavern only by chance, but... they better go away as soon as possible.
Azurion waited for Snowhide to introduce herself, then he added:
- My name is Azurion. I'm an adventurer! - he smiled proudly, tough Snowhide could tell that it was rather a dream then a fact.
The bogsneak let out a deep breath.
- I am Guardia - she said, but she kept the distance and didn't move out of the way. She took some glances behind the strangers as she was waiting for something... or, maybe, someone... but she didn't tell anything else for now. Lets see what these three were up to.
The rock was easily moved out of the way with the help of Azurion. Snowhide was a little surprised at how strong Azurion was, how the rock didn't cause him any trouble, while she could barely move it. On the other hand, she was also a little afraid of the dragon. It's one thing to be damn strong, but it's another thing to be very hot-headed. Especially when something has got him so worked up that he can hardly stand it. Snowhide would have preferred to go down the flight first, but Azurion pointed out that he should, since he could see the farthest of them - Alright. But be careful! - answered the dragon. There was no need to wander around the cave too much, the team soon found themselves at another branching in the way. Snowhide looked with interest and amazement at the passage on the right, which had some kind of minerals on the wall. ~ It's as if the stones also want us to go there ~ sthe dragon thought to herself ~ It's not a natural formation at all ~ her eyes ran along the spiraling, shining stones. However, before she could have answered the young dragon's question, events suddenly accelerated...

Azurion heard something, and following his signal, they stopped first, then quietly and carefully took a few steps back from the branching. And soon they found the source of the sound - or did it find them? A dragon who froze when she found itself face to face with the trio. The dragon's reaction was completely understandable to Snowhide, because who wouldn't be surprised if three of them suddenly appeared in their cave? Or when you absolutely do not expect to meet anyone, because, for example, you went hunting alone, and you meet someone unexpectedly.
Snowhide was excited to finally find something besides water spiders and schools of fish on their adventure. Although she was not afraid, she was rather curious. If you look at the numbers, in the current situation there were three against one. However, the balance of power can be equalized at any time, it is quite likely that the mentioned Carla and Will are also dragons here. And if the cave dweller attributed the group's noise to them at first, it is quite likely that the two dragons she mentioned will also return from that direction - behind them. And then it's three against three, and surrounded on both sides. However, Snowhide believed that there would be neither fighting nor carnage. Perhaps she was too caught up in her thoughts in the Sanctum, and unwittingly projected her desire for peace and development onto that dragon or dragons.
- I am Snowhide, an explorer - she introduced herself to the "host" - We came in peace - she added with a reassuring smile. She considered it important to establish the fact as soon as possible in order to avoid misunderstandings. And of course to resolve the tension that began to surround them. But there is nothing surprising about this: everyone would be tense if they ran into three strangers in their own home or not?
The rock was easily moved out of the way with the help of Azurion. Snowhide was a little surprised at how strong Azurion was, how the rock didn't cause him any trouble, while she could barely move it. On the other hand, she was also a little afraid of the dragon. It's one thing to be damn strong, but it's another thing to be very hot-headed. Especially when something has got him so worked up that he can hardly stand it. Snowhide would have preferred to go down the flight first, but Azurion pointed out that he should, since he could see the farthest of them - Alright. But be careful! - answered the dragon. There was no need to wander around the cave too much, the team soon found themselves at another branching in the way. Snowhide looked with interest and amazement at the passage on the right, which had some kind of minerals on the wall. ~ It's as if the stones also want us to go there ~ sthe dragon thought to herself ~ It's not a natural formation at all ~ her eyes ran along the spiraling, shining stones. However, before she could have answered the young dragon's question, events suddenly accelerated...

Azurion heard something, and following his signal, they stopped first, then quietly and carefully took a few steps back from the branching. And soon they found the source of the sound - or did it find them? A dragon who froze when she found itself face to face with the trio. The dragon's reaction was completely understandable to Snowhide, because who wouldn't be surprised if three of them suddenly appeared in their cave? Or when you absolutely do not expect to meet anyone, because, for example, you went hunting alone, and you meet someone unexpectedly.
Snowhide was excited to finally find something besides water spiders and schools of fish on their adventure. Although she was not afraid, she was rather curious. If you look at the numbers, in the current situation there were three against one. However, the balance of power can be equalized at any time, it is quite likely that the mentioned Carla and Will are also dragons here. And if the cave dweller attributed the group's noise to them at first, it is quite likely that the two dragons she mentioned will also return from that direction - behind them. And then it's three against three, and surrounded on both sides. However, Snowhide believed that there would be neither fighting nor carnage. Perhaps she was too caught up in her thoughts in the Sanctum, and unwittingly projected her desire for peace and development onto that dragon or dragons.
- I am Snowhide, an explorer - she introduced herself to the "host" - We came in peace - she added with a reassuring smile. She considered it important to establish the fact as soon as possible in order to avoid misunderstandings. And of course to resolve the tension that began to surround them. But there is nothing surprising about this: everyone would be tense if they ran into three strangers in their own home or not?
Isabela kept her head cool, but picked up some of the tension coming off Snowhide – she lowered her wings, a sign that she was neither lounging not sprinting. Let dragon body language speak for itself a little. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/553856/55385561p.png[/img] – Forgive us for our intrusion, Guardia. As you can see we're just a small group of explorers, adventurers and researchers, none of us come as a threat or in search of danger. – She politely smiled, talking in a smooth, calm tone. – Our research station is not far from here. – She gave the exact directions back to where they came from: an offering of peace, so Guardian, Carla and Will could also venture into their own domains if they chose to. Then she studied the caverns and the dragon before the group, seeing how the cave structure seemed to go on and on. Bogsneaks [i]are[/i] known for living in complex cave structures, are they not? Perhaps this clan has been here for a long time. – Forgive my assumption, but we are here searching for some old dragons... Or some old kind! If you're native to these caves, maybe you will know. And thinking ahead, she pulled her notes to scavenge for the very note which had brought them here... – Do these ancient rhymes or tales mean anything to you?
Isabela kept her head cool, but picked up some of the tension coming off Snowhide – she lowered her wings, a sign that she was neither lounging not sprinting. Let dragon body language speak for itself a little.

55385561p.png

– Forgive us for our intrusion, Guardia. As you can see we're just a small group of explorers, adventurers and researchers, none of us come as a threat or in search of danger. – She politely smiled, talking in a smooth, calm tone. – Our research station is not far from here. – She gave the exact directions back to where they came from: an offering of peace, so Guardian, Carla and Will could also venture into their own domains if they chose to.

Then she studied the caverns and the dragon before the group, seeing how the cave structure seemed to go on and on. Bogsneaks are known for living in complex cave structures, are they not? Perhaps this clan has been here for a long time.

– Forgive my assumption, but we are here searching for some old dragons... Or some old kind! If you're native to these caves, maybe you will know.

And thinking ahead, she pulled her notes to scavenge for the very note which had brought them here...

– Do these ancient rhymes or tales mean anything to you?
Mudy | she/they | +8H FR

About & Lore board
1 2