Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Carving your own history
1 2
[center][b]Carving your own history[/b] (1x1x1 roleplay) Participants: @Mudy, @Ozirisz, Nalani[/center] Time passed very quickly for Azurion after he got home from his [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fl4/3228808/1#post_53903630]first adventure[/url]. He was full of energy and spent his days telling the stories of the relic raiders and yeah, he dived down to the hidden Sanctum of Words on a daily basis. Maybe that is why Verano finally joined his clan and not the others', but regardless, it gave the young wildclaw a lot of happiness and he was even more committed about his way. He wanted to be an explorer and he didn't mind to put work in the process. He red a lot of things in the Sanctum's library section and he had many questions. Like, [i]many[/i]. He asked whoever was near him and looked a little more experienced. And this time, he came with not only Verano, but with someone from another clan too. [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85075039][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/850751/85075039.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] Azurion, with his skill got from the Bad-eye temple, saw a dragon reaching to them from the distance. They were near the entrance, so its avareness was understanable, but Azurion knew the dragon and moreover, Verano was with them too. Nothing to worry about. - It is okay. She is from our most beloved ally clan, and moreover, she was raised by Drifthne, our clan leader, just like I was - he smiled to the guard and stepped in the Sanctum. He waited for this moment for days and he was just too excited to hear Verano's sigh.[/columns] [columns]Not that the old guardian had any fear of inviting her to this place. In the past months he got involved in his new clan's life and he knew very well that this dragon won't mean any harm to the Sanctum. - Greetings, everyone - said hello to the group - Let's continue from where we ended last week - he nodded to Azurion and then turned to their new guest - But first, please introduce yourself - he asked politely. Well, there were dragons around them from different clans and from Porto too, and Verano wanted things to go smoothly here. Without any misunderstanding or prejudice. [nextcol][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74533963][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/745340/74533963.png[/img][/url][/columns] //I thought we should start with some introduction and setting the place and the involved dragons. Verano will be here only in the first few turns; I'll play with just Azurion after that. Let's have some fun!//
Carving your own history

(1x1x1 roleplay)

Participants: @Mudy, @Ozirisz, Nalani

Time passed very quickly for Azurion after he got home from his first adventure. He was full of energy and spent his days telling the stories of the relic raiders and yeah, he dived down to the hidden Sanctum of Words on a daily basis. Maybe that is why Verano finally joined his clan and not the others', but regardless, it gave the young wildclaw a lot of happiness and he was even more committed about his way. He wanted to be an explorer and he didn't mind to put work in the process. He red a lot of things in the Sanctum's library section and he had many questions. Like, many. He asked whoever was near him and looked a little more experienced.
And this time, he came with not only Verano, but with someone from another clan too.
85075039.png Azurion, with his skill got from the Bad-eye temple, saw a dragon reaching to them from the distance. They were near the entrance, so its avareness was understanable, but Azurion knew the dragon and moreover, Verano was with them too. Nothing to worry about.
- It is okay. She is from our most beloved ally clan, and moreover, she was raised by Drifthne, our clan leader, just like I was - he smiled to the guard and stepped in the Sanctum. He waited for this moment for days and he was just too excited to hear Verano's sigh.
Not that the old guardian had any fear of inviting her to this place. In the past months he got involved in his new clan's life and he knew very well that this dragon won't mean any harm to the Sanctum.
- Greetings, everyone - said hello to the group - Let's continue from where we ended last week - he nodded to Azurion and then turned to their new guest - But first, please introduce yourself - he asked politely. Well, there were dragons around them from different clans and from Porto too, and Verano wanted things to go smoothly here. Without any misunderstanding or prejudice.
74533963.png

//I thought we should start with some introduction and setting the place and the involved dragons. Verano will be here only in the first few turns; I'll play with just Azurion after that. Let's have some fun!//
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85140010][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/851401/85140010.png[/img][/url] Snowhide excitedly set off on the big adventure. She wondered what kind of secrets and ancient knowledge the place could hide, which Azurion had told her about. On the other hand, she was afraid that she would get lost on the way or simply be late because something would distract her on the way. Something to see, something she finds interesting and he has to see. However, she arrived without any major problems and spotted Azurion with a couple of other dragons. She approached them a little uncertainly, because of the others, but still excited. - Greetings. My name is Snowhide, I am from Osirisz's clan. - she looked around the group - I am interested in adventures, discoveries, the old ages, what the world was like long ago. And I also like to hunt and train with my friends in my spare time - she got excited, then after the introductions I asked the question, mainly waiting for the answer from Azurion - Umm, what kind of place is this? - she know that this day gonna be good day. A good day full of adventures - and hopefully full of fun.
85140010.png

Snowhide excitedly set off on the big adventure. She wondered what kind of secrets and ancient knowledge the place could hide, which Azurion had told her about. On the other hand, she was afraid that she would get lost on the way or simply be late because something would distract her on the way. Something to see, something she finds interesting and he has to see. However, she arrived without any major problems and spotted Azurion with a couple of other dragons. She approached them a little uncertainly, because of the others, but still excited. - Greetings. My name is Snowhide, I am from Osirisz's clan. - she looked around the group - I am interested in adventures, discoveries, the old ages, what the world was like long ago. And I also like to hunt and train with my friends in my spare time - she got excited, then after the introductions I asked the question, mainly waiting for the answer from Azurion - Umm, what kind of place is this? - she know that this day gonna be good day. A good day full of adventures - and hopefully full of fun.
Since the expedition had finished, work at the Sanctum picked up at full steam. There was simply so much to study, catalogue and analyse! Nigel had his hands full, as did the Navigator Sisters, who helped run the expedition, never expecting it to turn up such an incredible shrine to be studied. While Elena and Maria had to ultimately withdraw from the place, they had left dragons in Nigel's care who could help with the search, and quickly enough, a party was established to manage the research facility in place at the Sanctum. So, of course, when Azurion arrived with Verano, everyone was quickly alerted! The former keeper of the shrine was always a welcome sight, and this time they seemed to have in their company a new dragon — and they were always in dire need of more hands. [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/50682767][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/506828/50682767p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][size=4]"Well, bite me, if it isn't our old friends! Azurion! Looking sharp, hm? And Verano... You are a welcome presence on every visit. How have you settled into Azurion's clan?" Nigel then patiently waited for the two dragons to greet and introduce the newcomer. Imperials were [i]always[/i] useful. Their sheer size alone helped greatly in arranging and scavenging deeper down into the shrine. "We're kindred spirits then, Snowhide. I've always been eager to learn more about the old ages of Sornieth. And as it goes... This... This place is a gem!"[/columns] Before Nigel could carry with his explanations... More like his gushings and infodumps about the Sanctum, a guardian who would greatly remind Azurion of the Navigator Sisters. In fact... A relative of them. She smiled at the group, and it was obvious she was one of Nigel's scholars. [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55385561][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/553856/55385561p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][size=4]"Nigel, I'm sure Verano and the others have made quite a journey in. Why don't we take them to the research quarters, where I may bring them some refreshments and you guys can talk? Maldwyn and the others will re-start their translating soon."[/columns] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/50682767][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/506828/50682767p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][size=4]"Ah! Yes, most wise! Friends, this is Isabela. She is my assistant and the Guild's representative." The guardian bowed, leading the group. "Yes, we've established a hub where we're collating all of our findings, the best place to discuss where we've gotten and where we're going... What help do we still need... Would be the hub."[/columns] Which was, as it may be, a large atrium Verano might recognize as the old dorms he would stay with the previous keeper. It was, perhaps, a communal hall, and it was the place it made the most sense to pile up each researcher's desk, with their boards full of papers, and theories... Maps, transcriptions and accounts of which scrolls and tomes had been translated and where they were. The trio could also see there was still plenty of space for more desks... New minds were always welcome. Nigel's desk was surrounded by tomes and books. Some Verano would recognize as being from the Sanctum, and others... He had brought over. He motioned for the group to sit around some chairs and beanbags. [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/50682767][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/506828/50682767p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][size=4]"If Azurion and Verano didn't tell you, Snowhide... This place was a shrine for translating and decoding encrypted war messages. We believe it may have been used by the sorcerers of the earlier ages, then by ancient older dragons of our time." He made a pause, letting the group take in on the information. "And now, we're hoping to use it not for war, but for knowledge! We intend to keep translating the many many books and scrolls we've found. And to keep diving further down. There are still many sections of the Sanctum blocked by debris and collapsed walls. Excavation, conservation, translation." He summarized. Within minutes, Isabela had brought over some berry and seaweed tea for everyone. Nigel politely smiled. "But what brings you here at this time? Tell me a bit of your journeys! I hope you've come for knowledge and fun, and not because some ill has befallen your clans..." This he said with a careful, worried voice.[/columns]
Since the expedition had finished, work at the Sanctum picked up at full steam. There was simply so much to study, catalogue and analyse! Nigel had his hands full, as did the Navigator Sisters, who helped run the expedition, never expecting it to turn up such an incredible shrine to be studied.

While Elena and Maria had to ultimately withdraw from the place, they had left dragons in Nigel's care who could help with the search, and quickly enough, a party was established to manage the research facility in place at the Sanctum.

So, of course, when Azurion arrived with Verano, everyone was quickly alerted! The former keeper of the shrine was always a welcome sight, and this time they seemed to have in their company a new dragon — and they were always in dire need of more hands.

50682767p.png "Well, bite me, if it isn't our old friends! Azurion! Looking sharp, hm? And Verano... You are a welcome presence on every visit. How have you settled into Azurion's clan?"

Nigel then patiently waited for the two dragons to greet and introduce the newcomer. Imperials were always useful. Their sheer size alone helped greatly in arranging and scavenging deeper down into the shrine.

"We're kindred spirits then, Snowhide. I've always been eager to learn more about the old ages of Sornieth. And as it goes... This... This place is a gem!"

Before Nigel could carry with his explanations... More like his gushings and infodumps about the Sanctum, a guardian who would greatly remind Azurion of the Navigator Sisters. In fact... A relative of them. She smiled at the group, and it was obvious she was one of Nigel's scholars.
55385561p.png "Nigel, I'm sure Verano and the others have made quite a journey in. Why don't we take them to the research quarters, where I may bring them some refreshments and you guys can talk? Maldwyn and the others will re-start their translating soon."

50682767p.png "Ah! Yes, most wise! Friends, this is Isabela. She is my assistant and the Guild's representative."

The guardian bowed, leading the group.

"Yes, we've established a hub where we're collating all of our findings, the best place to discuss where we've gotten and where we're going... What help do we still need... Would be the hub."

Which was, as it may be, a large atrium Verano might recognize as the old dorms he would stay with the previous keeper. It was, perhaps, a communal hall, and it was the place it made the most sense to pile up each researcher's desk, with their boards full of papers, and theories... Maps, transcriptions and accounts of which scrolls and tomes had been translated and where they were.

The trio could also see there was still plenty of space for more desks... New minds were always welcome.

Nigel's desk was surrounded by tomes and books. Some Verano would recognize as being from the Sanctum, and others... He had brought over. He motioned for the group to sit around some chairs and beanbags.

50682767p.png "If Azurion and Verano didn't tell you, Snowhide... This place was a shrine for translating and decoding encrypted war messages. We believe it may have been used by the sorcerers of the earlier ages, then by ancient older dragons of our time."

He made a pause, letting the group take in on the information.

"And now, we're hoping to use it not for war, but for knowledge! We intend to keep translating the many many books and scrolls we've found. And to keep diving further down. There are still many sections of the Sanctum blocked by debris and collapsed walls. Excavation, conservation, translation." He summarized.

Within minutes, Isabela had brought over some berry and seaweed tea for everyone. Nigel politely smiled.

"But what brings you here at this time? Tell me a bit of your journeys! I hope you've come for knowledge and fun, and not because some ill has befallen your clans..." This he said with a careful, worried voice.
o163-d1-Mudy.pngo163-d2-Mudy.pngo163-d3-Mudy.pngo163-d4-Mudy.pngo163-d5-Mudy.png xrunestone-hoard.png x
Mudy | she/they | +8H FR

English is not my mother language
Spruce kills my playstyle.
toss a like to this loser
About & Lore board
navigator-dominance-board.png
Azurion was very happy to see Nigel here and was looking for the sisters too, tough he expected their absence.
- How's the research doing? - he asked rightaway with a big smile, interrupting Verano's answer, who just resingfully waited some more until he could finally start. Nigel could see that Azurion might not be the best clanmate for Verano, but the old guardian tried to be as patient and tolerant with the heated young wildclaw as possible. He was back here at last, back to his original guard.
- It turned out very well. They were all so kind and taught me a lot of the upper world.
He could have explained it further, but he saw that Snowhide is still exited and maybe a little afraid too, so he stepped back and gave the youngsters the opportunity to talk. He looked around and he was clearly amused how this palce changed in the past few months. Everything became vibrant and got full of life; something he deeply hoped for back then, at the time of complete isolation. He was glad he chose the right decision, to allow them to set up a base here.
In the meantime, Azurion showed Snowhide everything he could reach easily, but without prompt details: he was just too rash to do it so, but he liked this place a lot.
- ... and this fragment is from the second age, oh, and that is a trinket they found a couple of weeks ago. So cool, isn't it? ... Oh, great to meet you too, Isabela!
- Greetings. Some refreshments will be great, thank you - Verano quickly added.
- Can I just go to the section at the lower floor, where we were last time? I am not tired at all - Azurion asked and, well, Verano happily agreed with him.
- His energy is infinite - said the guardian after Azurion left and he smiled at Snowhide - Please, sit down with us for a moment. Lets go to the hub.

Verano greatly appreciated the tea and the berries, a little break after the long journey.
- Everything is fine, do not worry - he replied - Just a bit of homesickness... - he continued with a bittersweet smile - And some other things to discuss with the team. But that could wait - he sat back and gave the word to Snowhide, and gave himself a moment too, to just listen and be here, in the room that was nothing like it was before.

//I won't be at home next week, so you needn't hurry. Mudy, I think it will be a good idea if one of your dragons find the thing in the Sanctum that will start this story: it will be a notebook/diary that a former guardian left behind long long ago; or a memo/writing that somehow ended up in this place - its up to you. Thanks!//
Azurion was very happy to see Nigel here and was looking for the sisters too, tough he expected their absence.
- How's the research doing? - he asked rightaway with a big smile, interrupting Verano's answer, who just resingfully waited some more until he could finally start. Nigel could see that Azurion might not be the best clanmate for Verano, but the old guardian tried to be as patient and tolerant with the heated young wildclaw as possible. He was back here at last, back to his original guard.
- It turned out very well. They were all so kind and taught me a lot of the upper world.
He could have explained it further, but he saw that Snowhide is still exited and maybe a little afraid too, so he stepped back and gave the youngsters the opportunity to talk. He looked around and he was clearly amused how this palce changed in the past few months. Everything became vibrant and got full of life; something he deeply hoped for back then, at the time of complete isolation. He was glad he chose the right decision, to allow them to set up a base here.
In the meantime, Azurion showed Snowhide everything he could reach easily, but without prompt details: he was just too rash to do it so, but he liked this place a lot.
- ... and this fragment is from the second age, oh, and that is a trinket they found a couple of weeks ago. So cool, isn't it? ... Oh, great to meet you too, Isabela!
- Greetings. Some refreshments will be great, thank you - Verano quickly added.
- Can I just go to the section at the lower floor, where we were last time? I am not tired at all - Azurion asked and, well, Verano happily agreed with him.
- His energy is infinite - said the guardian after Azurion left and he smiled at Snowhide - Please, sit down with us for a moment. Lets go to the hub.

Verano greatly appreciated the tea and the berries, a little break after the long journey.
- Everything is fine, do not worry - he replied - Just a bit of homesickness... - he continued with a bittersweet smile - And some other things to discuss with the team. But that could wait - he sat back and gave the word to Snowhide, and gave himself a moment too, to just listen and be here, in the room that was nothing like it was before.

//I won't be at home next week, so you needn't hurry. Mudy, I think it will be a good idea if one of your dragons find the thing in the Sanctum that will start this story: it will be a notebook/diary that a former guardian left behind long long ago; or a memo/writing that somehow ended up in this place - its up to you. Thanks!//
Snowhide curiously embarked on today's adventure. Actually, this is her first major adventure, until now. She has only explored areas near the clan with more or less success. Although there have been times when she has found a few interesting things, it is nothing compared to the Sanctum and it's secrets.
- I'm glad to hear that - she answered Nigel to her kindred spirits statement, and continue - I agree. There must be a lot of secrets and useful knowledge hidden here. How did you find this place? - she remembered that at one point on the way she had to think about where to go next. And if Azurion didn't explain the way to her, it would have been almost impossible for her to end up here. At least if you are in the right place at the right time and you notice a couple of dragons heading here. Likewise, she "discovered" a couple of hunting grounds for the clan, or that little island which full of insects that her companions enjoyed as a snack.
- I'm glad, Isabela - Snowhide greeted the wise dragon. They soon moved to the central part, where the research center was set up. On the way, she was just amazed, looked at everything. She took a closer look at the objects shown by Azurion, and sometimes she wondered to the extent of a wandering thought, who built the place and for what purpose.
- That would be especially nice now - she said at the mention of the refreshment - Thank you. She then settled in with the Veranos and got answers from Nigel about the place. - Encrypted war messages? Sorcerers of the old times? Then the ancient dragons? - she tried to put the pieces together, repeating the keywords out loud. - It would be nice if we all got together and could rise to a new level with our combined strength and knowledge. I mean, all of them, dragons. If we all put our energy into building our civilization instead of wars... where would we end up? - Snowhide daydreamed about a more beautiful and better world, where there is peace and constant progress. But somewhere deep inside she knew it was just a sweet dream. She became a little gloomy as she thought about the bitter reality - If I guess correctly, that old war wiped out those ancient sorcerers from the world. At least we dragons don't make this mistake... - she added the last sentence a little more quietly. Knowledge is like a double-edged sword. It can raise civilizations to a higher level, but it can destroy them just as easily... The only difference is purpose and motivation behind the holders ot the knowledge.
Snowhide curiously embarked on today's adventure. Actually, this is her first major adventure, until now. She has only explored areas near the clan with more or less success. Although there have been times when she has found a few interesting things, it is nothing compared to the Sanctum and it's secrets.
- I'm glad to hear that - she answered Nigel to her kindred spirits statement, and continue - I agree. There must be a lot of secrets and useful knowledge hidden here. How did you find this place? - she remembered that at one point on the way she had to think about where to go next. And if Azurion didn't explain the way to her, it would have been almost impossible for her to end up here. At least if you are in the right place at the right time and you notice a couple of dragons heading here. Likewise, she "discovered" a couple of hunting grounds for the clan, or that little island which full of insects that her companions enjoyed as a snack.
- I'm glad, Isabela - Snowhide greeted the wise dragon. They soon moved to the central part, where the research center was set up. On the way, she was just amazed, looked at everything. She took a closer look at the objects shown by Azurion, and sometimes she wondered to the extent of a wandering thought, who built the place and for what purpose.
- That would be especially nice now - she said at the mention of the refreshment - Thank you. She then settled in with the Veranos and got answers from Nigel about the place. - Encrypted war messages? Sorcerers of the old times? Then the ancient dragons? - she tried to put the pieces together, repeating the keywords out loud. - It would be nice if we all got together and could rise to a new level with our combined strength and knowledge. I mean, all of them, dragons. If we all put our energy into building our civilization instead of wars... where would we end up? - Snowhide daydreamed about a more beautiful and better world, where there is peace and constant progress. But somewhere deep inside she knew it was just a sweet dream. She became a little gloomy as she thought about the bitter reality - If I guess correctly, that old war wiped out those ancient sorcerers from the world. At least we dragons don't make this mistake... - she added the last sentence a little more quietly. Knowledge is like a double-edged sword. It can raise civilizations to a higher level, but it can destroy them just as easily... The only difference is purpose and motivation behind the holders ot the knowledge.
[quote=off][size=1]Forgive me for the absence, end of year and holiday period are usually quite chaotic for me, I should have given that heads up! Too much work, too little time, not to mention family and charity work keeping me really busy oops. Things should be back to normal now and I can reply more often![/size][/quote] Isabela, in all her finesse, just wanted to help Nigel tend to this place to keep her mind busy from other things, so it was quite lively to see the younglings and how eager they were. She let Nigel guide the conversation, since he was the lead researcher in place. For every little trinket and piece they came along in their way, Nigel offered a more detailed explanation. [i]Yes, that was from the Second Age, we estimate from it's late years because of the patterns in the clay. And yes, we owe our digging team the uncovering of that one![/i] Truly, Nigel seemed to be in ecstasy to be seeing so much interest in his work. He was used to dedicated researchers but the Sanctum was a rather secluded place, yes, like Snowhide was thinking. Not easy to find and so isolated most dragons who agreed to set up a post here were seasoned veterans who didn't bring the energy Snowhide and Azurion were displaying. Well. Soon that would change, they were so close! And in a few months time, perhaps they would invite their allies back for the next step in their research. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/506828/50682767p.png[/img] – The hub is actually a good place to start if you're both eager to make a change. I agree, Snowhide. If anything, I guess Verano should call dibs on what is done of this place and we all collectively agree that it should not be used for war anymore. It's a tool too magnificent to be reduced to yet another gimmick dedicated for Dominance. We are almost done figuring out the details of the many possibilities this tool and sanctum can be used, and then we will move towards ways which can help Dragonkind going forward, not backward. Even at times of War, there are those willing to make peace, no? – He cleared his classes. – But let us move! To the Hub! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/553856/55385561p.png[/img] – Nigel, if these two are willing to help and eager to be of use... Couldn't they maybe handle the Bookkeepers Keeper Book? – Isabella asked as the group moved back from the resting room and towards where the artifact was, with the Translation Device. Nigel seemed to ponder, he would not impose on the newcommers. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/506828/50682767p.png[/img] – Perhaps, if they're up for a challenge... How would you two feel about trying to make sense of one of the old guardian's notes? – He asked, then turning to the homesick Verano, he smiled a polite nod. – This is probably one of the oldest ones. I am not sure if you know them. They don't identify themselves as anything beyond one of the sanctum's many guardians, so we've taken to calling them the "Bookkeeper". It's a collection of notes, but while most of the findings have maintained some logic to them, this one is a veritable puzzle. It doesn't match up with the rest of the records from your seniors.
off wrote:
Forgive me for the absence, end of year and holiday period are usually quite chaotic for me, I should have given that heads up! Too much work, too little time, not to mention family and charity work keeping me really busy oops. Things should be back to normal now and I can reply more often!

Isabela, in all her finesse, just wanted to help Nigel tend to this place to keep her mind busy from other things, so it was quite lively to see the younglings and how eager they were. She let Nigel guide the conversation, since he was the lead researcher in place.

For every little trinket and piece they came along in their way, Nigel offered a more detailed explanation. Yes, that was from the Second Age, we estimate from it's late years because of the patterns in the clay. And yes, we owe our digging team the uncovering of that one!

Truly, Nigel seemed to be in ecstasy to be seeing so much interest in his work. He was used to dedicated researchers but the Sanctum was a rather secluded place, yes, like Snowhide was thinking. Not easy to find and so isolated most dragons who agreed to set up a post here were seasoned veterans who didn't bring the energy Snowhide and Azurion were displaying.

Well. Soon that would change, they were so close! And in a few months time, perhaps they would invite their allies back for the next step in their research.

50682767p.png

– The hub is actually a good place to start if you're both eager to make a change. I agree, Snowhide. If anything, I guess Verano should call dibs on what is done of this place and we all collectively agree that it should not be used for war anymore. It's a tool too magnificent to be reduced to yet another gimmick dedicated for Dominance. We are almost done figuring out the details of the many possibilities this tool and sanctum can be used, and then we will move towards ways which can help Dragonkind going forward, not backward. Even at times of War, there are those willing to make peace, no? – He cleared his classes. – But let us move! To the Hub!

55385561p.png

– Nigel, if these two are willing to help and eager to be of use... Couldn't they maybe handle the Bookkeepers Keeper Book? – Isabella asked as the group moved back from the resting room and towards where the artifact was, with the Translation Device.

Nigel seemed to ponder, he would not impose on the newcommers.

50682767p.png

– Perhaps, if they're up for a challenge... How would you two feel about trying to make sense of one of the old guardian's notes? – He asked, then turning to the homesick Verano, he smiled a polite nod. – This is probably one of the oldest ones. I am not sure if you know them. They don't identify themselves as anything beyond one of the sanctum's many guardians, so we've taken to calling them the "Bookkeeper". It's a collection of notes, but while most of the findings have maintained some logic to them, this one is a veritable puzzle. It doesn't match up with the rest of the records from your seniors.

o163-d1-Mudy.pngo163-d2-Mudy.pngo163-d3-Mudy.pngo163-d4-Mudy.pngo163-d5-Mudy.png xrunestone-hoard.png x
Mudy | she/they | +8H FR

About & Lore board
[quote][size=2]No problem Mudy, I am glad we can continue it! Okay, so I came up with a puzzle for you two, it’s the written text in the pictures below. If you want to solve it yourselves, [u]please do not continue reading before you figured it out[/u], as Azurion will give you some clues about it afterwards! He will not tell the solution tough, it is yours to solve haha. Good luck with it! ;)[/size][/quote] Azurion didn’t mind Nigel’s corrections and remarks at all, he was glad that Snowhide got a proper guidance. They soon get to the hub and while the others were drinking tea, the young wildclaw ran over the place, just to see if everything is okay and if it is not, maybe he can help out. After he left, Verano eagerly turned to Nigel: - The Bookkeepers, hmm? Let me see – he took over the notes and put the pack on the table where Snowhide can easily read them too. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/yrbdKXy.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/pNRHYuk.png[/img][/center] Sadly they were a bit torn, but still readable. In the next page, the notes detailed a vastly different topic, so Verano felt that the sequel somehow got lost or maybe the pages are not in correct order. - Quite interesting. I didn’t know about these, for sure. Where did you find them? – he asked. Not that Verano searched all the Sanctrum when he lived here, so it could be in front of his eyes the whole time. Didn’t matter anyway, he was here to protect the place, not to solve puzzles and take exact actions. It was the youngsters’ pastime, perfect for someone like Azurion. And speaking of the devil… - I am back! Did you find something? What is it? – Azurion smiled and ran to see the notes with his own eyes - Some mysterious writing about some mysterious dragons who met the guardian here? – he summarized and laughed – I love puzzles! Verano didn’t agree. - I do not think that they met here. The law was, especially way back then at old times, to kill any dragon who discovered the Sanctum. And the guardian wrote something about their caves, too. - But who were they? – Azurion turned to the notes again – Did you manage to make something out of it? – asked Snowhide and the others – The lizard, the wave and the strongest? Or maybe… - he was so excited, he felt like he was back solving the puzzles of the Sanctum with the sisters – What if these charasteristics didn’t refer to the dragons themselves, like individuals? If they refer to something else… like places, or something they have three of… – his eyes sparkled the moment he got an idea – Like genes, for example! What if we try to pair these with genes? Then the first gene is a lizard with stripes and dots, don’t you think? It would be so cool! He was fully overjoyed. He barely can sit down and when he smiled, Verano almost tought that he is not completely sane. But Azurion was indeed sane and clever - just too energetic to slow down even a bit. Verano sighed. - I am more concerned about the author of these notes, to be honest. Maybe my master even knew the dragon… I do not recognise the handwriting tough. Do you have some more writings from it? Maybe we can then figure out its age – he hummed and read the notes again – Its species was a guardian for sure. I know no dragon who is more reliable and durable in battles like us, guardians – he strainghtened up with pride. Of course that meant that these other dragons were guardians too, but Verano was obsessed with the Sanctum’s guardians now. Maybe the author was his ancestor, too? He surely wanted to know more about it, and less about the dragons written in its notes. Let the youngsters find out the solution of this puzzle, and in the meantime, he’ll just have another cup of tea to enjoy. [quote][size=2]And another little off in the end: if you succeded in finding the genes and you just in case run a search for them, ALL you'll find - except two older, who are not blueish - are my breeding project's off results and strictly NOT lore dragons! [u]So if you are correct, no dragon ever existed (exalted or not) in the history of FR that have the same gene combination and colour, which is something your wiser dragons might find interesting.[/u] Oh, and you'll find something else interesting too, but that will come a little later, soo if you don't want to spoiler this for yourself, don't run that search.[/size][/quote]
Quote:
No problem Mudy, I am glad we can continue it!

Okay, so I came up with a puzzle for you two, it’s the written text in the pictures below. If you want to solve it yourselves, please do not continue reading before you figured it out, as Azurion will give you some clues about it afterwards! He will not tell the solution tough, it is yours to solve haha. Good luck with it! ;)

Azurion didn’t mind Nigel’s corrections and remarks at all, he was glad that Snowhide got a proper guidance. They soon get to the hub and while the others were drinking tea, the young wildclaw ran over the place, just to see if everything is okay and if it is not, maybe he can help out.
After he left, Verano eagerly turned to Nigel:
- The Bookkeepers, hmm? Let me see – he took over the notes and put the pack on the table where Snowhide can easily read them too.
yrbdKXy.png
pNRHYuk.png

Sadly they were a bit torn, but still readable. In the next page, the notes detailed a vastly different topic, so Verano felt that the sequel somehow got lost or maybe the pages are not in correct order.
- Quite interesting. I didn’t know about these, for sure. Where did you find them? – he asked. Not that Verano searched all the Sanctrum when he lived here, so it could be in front of his eyes the whole time. Didn’t matter anyway, he was here to protect the place, not to solve puzzles and take exact actions. It was the youngsters’ pastime, perfect for someone like Azurion.
And speaking of the devil…

- I am back! Did you find something? What is it? – Azurion smiled and ran to see the notes with his own eyes - Some mysterious writing about some mysterious dragons who met the guardian here? – he summarized and laughed – I love puzzles!
Verano didn’t agree.
- I do not think that they met here. The law was, especially way back then at old times, to kill any dragon who discovered the Sanctum. And the guardian wrote something about their caves, too.
- But who were they? – Azurion turned to the notes again – Did you manage to make something out of it? – asked Snowhide and the others – The lizard, the wave and the strongest? Or maybe… - he was so excited, he felt like he was back solving the puzzles of the Sanctum with the sisters – What if these charasteristics didn’t refer to the dragons themselves, like individuals? If they refer to something else… like places, or something they have three of… – his eyes sparkled the moment he got an idea – Like genes, for example! What if we try to pair these with genes? Then the first gene is a lizard with stripes and dots, don’t you think? It would be so cool!
He was fully overjoyed. He barely can sit down and when he smiled, Verano almost tought that he is not completely sane. But Azurion was indeed sane and clever - just too energetic to slow down even a bit.

Verano sighed.
- I am more concerned about the author of these notes, to be honest. Maybe my master even knew the dragon… I do not recognise the handwriting tough. Do you have some more writings from it? Maybe we can then figure out its age – he hummed and read the notes again – Its species was a guardian for sure. I know no dragon who is more reliable and durable in battles like us, guardians – he strainghtened up with pride. Of course that meant that these other dragons were guardians too, but Verano was obsessed with the Sanctum’s guardians now. Maybe the author was his ancestor, too? He surely wanted to know more about it, and less about the dragons written in its notes.
Let the youngsters find out the solution of this puzzle, and in the meantime, he’ll just have another cup of tea to enjoy.

Quote:
And another little off in the end: if you succeded in finding the genes and you just in case run a search for them, ALL you'll find - except two older, who are not blueish - are my breeding project's off results and strictly NOT lore dragons! So if you are correct, no dragon ever existed (exalted or not) in the history of FR that have the same gene combination and colour, which is something your wiser dragons might find interesting. Oh, and you'll find something else interesting too, but that will come a little later, soo if you don't want to spoiler this for yourself, don't run that search.
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/506828/50682767p.png[/img] – These were on the deeper chambers, albeit in a pile with other items which were hard to categorize. Maybe whoever found it last was moving it around and found it by chance, just like we did. – Nigel explained while letting Azurion storm the place. Hearing Verano speak about the past regulations of the Sanctum was always exciting, for it offered some hindsight into how the place was kept. It always seemed to him far too much responsibility for a single dragon, but Verano still made it look regal somehow. Nigel said nothing regarding the rule about killing any trespassers. It was best to leave the past stay in the past, and focus on the now. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/506828/50682767p.png[/img] – Interesting theory, Azurion. Stripes and dots… There’s a few genes who would match up. Skink, maybe or even clown? The mention of tides and poison might mean their wings had those genes for pattern, foam or poison… Tertiaries are a bit trickier, no? One could have it be as simple as not having any patternation. It’s rather common. Isabela drew near to Verano when he mentioned guardian’s being strong for she related to that. It was soothing to be reminded. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/553856/55385561p.png[/img] – I can scout for more notes, it seems Maldwyn has been gathering the loose piles, she might have come across some other files from this same dragon. In the meanwhile, I can suggest the younglings think over a local map? From my understanding, the guardians –Ah! Should we maybe call them wardens? Best not to imply they have always been Guardian dragons… The Wardens weren’t meant to leave the Sanctum unnatended for long if I’ve gotten my lore right. If they found these mysterious dragons in nearby caves… These might be within a day’s travel. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/506828/50682767p.png[/img] – Ah! Cunning and clever as ever, Isabela Kingsmith! Just like your sisters. The last part obviously intrigues me: shells and relics. That last bit is enough for me to justify a search party in the near areas if you both fancy it, or we can way for Isabela to return with Maldwyn’s findings, if there are any. No rush. It’s waited all this long, it’s not going anywhere. What do you think, Snowhide? [quote=let me know] [size=2]If you'd like Isabela to bring more notes and puzzles, feel free to mention her returning with her findings! Also, I have a few theories in regards to breeds: guardian (obviously guarded and territorial), bogsneak (has a nod about being rather territorial too and liking solitude), gaoler (fiercely protecting of their lairs and customs) and maybe veilspuns (highly secretive and prone to trinket hoarding) so I'm curious to see if I'm right! Nigel might make assumptions in a future post, I wanted him to focus on genes for now! [/quote] [quote=wait turn] [size=1]I will wait for Ozirisz' reply before any more so we don't advance too much! :)[/size][/quote]
50682767p.png

– These were on the deeper chambers, albeit in a pile with other items which were hard to categorize. Maybe whoever found it last was moving it around and found it by chance, just like we did. – Nigel explained while letting Azurion storm the place.

Hearing Verano speak about the past regulations of the Sanctum was always exciting, for it offered some hindsight into how the place was kept. It always seemed to him far too much responsibility for a single dragon, but Verano still made it look regal somehow. Nigel said nothing regarding the rule about killing any trespassers. It was best to leave the past stay in the past, and focus on the now.

50682767p.png

– Interesting theory, Azurion. Stripes and dots… There’s a few genes who would match up. Skink, maybe or even clown? The mention of tides and poison might mean their wings had those genes for pattern, foam or poison… Tertiaries are a bit trickier, no? One could have it be as simple as not having any patternation. It’s rather common.

Isabela drew near to Verano when he mentioned guardian’s being strong for she related to that. It was soothing to be reminded.

55385561p.png

– I can scout for more notes, it seems Maldwyn has been gathering the loose piles, she might have come across some other files from this same dragon. In the meanwhile, I can suggest the younglings think over a local map? From my understanding, the guardians –Ah! Should we maybe call them wardens? Best not to imply they have always been Guardian dragons… The Wardens weren’t meant to leave the Sanctum unnatended for long if I’ve gotten my lore right. If they found these mysterious dragons in nearby caves… These might be within a day’s travel.

50682767p.png

– Ah! Cunning and clever as ever, Isabela Kingsmith! Just like your sisters. The last part obviously intrigues me: shells and relics. That last bit is enough for me to justify a search party in the near areas if you both fancy it, or we can way for Isabela to return with Maldwyn’s findings, if there are any. No rush. It’s waited all this long, it’s not going anywhere. What do you think, Snowhide?
let me know wrote:
If you'd like Isabela to bring more notes and puzzles, feel free to mention her returning with her findings! Also, I have a few theories in regards to breeds: guardian (obviously guarded and territorial), bogsneak (has a nod about being rather territorial too and liking solitude), gaoler (fiercely protecting of their lairs and customs) and maybe veilspuns (highly secretive and prone to trinket hoarding) so I'm curious to see if I'm right! Nigel might make assumptions in a future post, I wanted him to focus on genes for now!
wait turn wrote:
I will wait for Ozirisz' reply before any more so we don't advance too much! :)
Mudy | she/they | +8H FR

About & Lore board
At first it is easy to think that we know almost everything about the world around us, but at this point we are faced with how big a mistake this is. These are old buildings, of which only the ruins remain today. These are old objects, the purpose of which can often only be guessed - except for those whose secrets have already been revealed by the smarter ones. However, they agreed that the knowledge buried here should not be used for war. Not again...
- Challenge? - Snowhide raised her head, and not long after, there were old notes on the table, written by one of the guards some time ago. - A puzzle? It sounds interesting - the dragon became enthusiastic, then began to study the writing.
- We failed to keep the place a secret and dragons arrived. First a striped and dotted, then a water, then a poison dragon? What is the meaning of this? - thought Snowhide out loud, then something flashed into her mind - It is customary to equate water with life, because without water everything dries up and dies. Poison can also be symbolically equated with death. - then a more disturbing realization hit her - If we combine the two, I mean the two elements, it's a problem. The water will be poisoned and deadly, and the poison will not be life-giving. - and thus a piece of history was symbolically outlined for Snowhide. War and its outcome. The deadly poison prevailed over the water of life. This place was also dead and motionless until it was rediscovered. Now, however, researchers and curious dragons like them fill the place with life. Maybe this is the beginning of a new era?
However, Azurion's thought process started in a completely different direction, which he listened to with curiosity and attention - So the genes? - Snowhide wondered. She didn't really know much about them. Of course she knew that there were different kind of dragons, that it was down to the genes. - Is it possible that the combination of genes has an effect in addition to the appearance, which we would not even think about? Extra strength, agility, or susceptibility to magic or something? Or genes provides only the appearance, and everything else is from environment? - she also added to the topic, although her knowledge on the topic is quite incomplete.
Then Isabela returned with the developments. Snowhide nodded to Nigel's question - The notes really aren't going anywhere, they're waiting for us. What is to be discovered, however, is not certain. Azurion, what do you think? - she looked questioningly at the very excited dragon.
At first it is easy to think that we know almost everything about the world around us, but at this point we are faced with how big a mistake this is. These are old buildings, of which only the ruins remain today. These are old objects, the purpose of which can often only be guessed - except for those whose secrets have already been revealed by the smarter ones. However, they agreed that the knowledge buried here should not be used for war. Not again...
- Challenge? - Snowhide raised her head, and not long after, there were old notes on the table, written by one of the guards some time ago. - A puzzle? It sounds interesting - the dragon became enthusiastic, then began to study the writing.
- We failed to keep the place a secret and dragons arrived. First a striped and dotted, then a water, then a poison dragon? What is the meaning of this? - thought Snowhide out loud, then something flashed into her mind - It is customary to equate water with life, because without water everything dries up and dies. Poison can also be symbolically equated with death. - then a more disturbing realization hit her - If we combine the two, I mean the two elements, it's a problem. The water will be poisoned and deadly, and the poison will not be life-giving. - and thus a piece of history was symbolically outlined for Snowhide. War and its outcome. The deadly poison prevailed over the water of life. This place was also dead and motionless until it was rediscovered. Now, however, researchers and curious dragons like them fill the place with life. Maybe this is the beginning of a new era?
However, Azurion's thought process started in a completely different direction, which he listened to with curiosity and attention - So the genes? - Snowhide wondered. She didn't really know much about them. Of course she knew that there were different kind of dragons, that it was down to the genes. - Is it possible that the combination of genes has an effect in addition to the appearance, which we would not even think about? Extra strength, agility, or susceptibility to magic or something? Or genes provides only the appearance, and everything else is from environment? - she also added to the topic, although her knowledge on the topic is quite incomplete.
Then Isabela returned with the developments. Snowhide nodded to Nigel's question - The notes really aren't going anywhere, they're waiting for us. What is to be discovered, however, is not certain. Azurion, what do you think? - she looked questioningly at the very excited dragon.
Azurion curiously raised his head, when Snowhide mentioned the water's connection to life. This was a good idea too, tough the wildclaw had his own theory.
- I don't like death and poison. I hate the Poisonous Toridaes in the Mire too - he shaked his head - So if you are right, then we will be in danger? Poisonous water is not that we can escape of in the deep ocean - he added. The danger didn't avoid them in his last adventure either, but luckily Azurion just got out of that situation with a gift, not with a curse.
- But then the former warden would not write this down, no? He definitely wanted someone to find this and solve this! And then go after these dragons and find them too! - he smiled. Yes, he wanted to believe in this, mainly because of the fact that he loved adventures so badly. He glanced at Verano: if the older dragon find this too dangerous, he could prohibit him to go, so the solution is got to be something else. Maybe genes, or maybe something totally different.
He turned to Nigel.
- Skink sounds good. It IS a lizard after all. And foam or poison... You think the Tidelord likes the poison? I didn't have the chance to meet him, but you look old enough to...
- Azurion, if you please - Verano coughed.
- Yes?
They stared at each other.
Nigel sighed and turned to Isabela, who interrupted with her ideas just in time.
- Thank you, but the notes could wait some more. I think these young dragons here would enjoy the expeditions more than these - he smiled. He wanted a peaceful time with this findings and if Isabela is right, maybe the dragons the former guardian described are closer than he tought - I'd rather stay here for the time being, but it is indeed a good idea to form a search party. In my time as a warden, we could only go out for hunting and gathering, so maybe you will find something in some farther caverns. You can exclude the nearer tunnels for sure, there is nothing interesting there - he added.
Azurion jumped up from the chair.
- Can I join the party? Nigel, please! As you know, I can see further than any dragon! And Snowhide, you should definitely come too! It will be fun! - he laughed out with joy. He forgot the puzzle about the genes the moment Nigel suggested this, but as soon as they find the dragons, their appearence will be solved too, so the search makes more sense than the guesswork, right? - When can we start? - he asked with excitement - I am ready whenever you are!
Azurion curiously raised his head, when Snowhide mentioned the water's connection to life. This was a good idea too, tough the wildclaw had his own theory.
- I don't like death and poison. I hate the Poisonous Toridaes in the Mire too - he shaked his head - So if you are right, then we will be in danger? Poisonous water is not that we can escape of in the deep ocean - he added. The danger didn't avoid them in his last adventure either, but luckily Azurion just got out of that situation with a gift, not with a curse.
- But then the former warden would not write this down, no? He definitely wanted someone to find this and solve this! And then go after these dragons and find them too! - he smiled. Yes, he wanted to believe in this, mainly because of the fact that he loved adventures so badly. He glanced at Verano: if the older dragon find this too dangerous, he could prohibit him to go, so the solution is got to be something else. Maybe genes, or maybe something totally different.
He turned to Nigel.
- Skink sounds good. It IS a lizard after all. And foam or poison... You think the Tidelord likes the poison? I didn't have the chance to meet him, but you look old enough to...
- Azurion, if you please - Verano coughed.
- Yes?
They stared at each other.
Nigel sighed and turned to Isabela, who interrupted with her ideas just in time.
- Thank you, but the notes could wait some more. I think these young dragons here would enjoy the expeditions more than these - he smiled. He wanted a peaceful time with this findings and if Isabela is right, maybe the dragons the former guardian described are closer than he tought - I'd rather stay here for the time being, but it is indeed a good idea to form a search party. In my time as a warden, we could only go out for hunting and gathering, so maybe you will find something in some farther caverns. You can exclude the nearer tunnels for sure, there is nothing interesting there - he added.
Azurion jumped up from the chair.
- Can I join the party? Nigel, please! As you know, I can see further than any dragon! And Snowhide, you should definitely come too! It will be fun! - he laughed out with joy. He forgot the puzzle about the genes the moment Nigel suggested this, but as soon as they find the dragons, their appearence will be solved too, so the search makes more sense than the guesswork, right? - When can we start? - he asked with excitement - I am ready whenever you are!
1 2