Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Crystalline Gala Skin Discussion
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
@Wawe
Thank you for clarification :)
@Wawe
Thank you for clarification :)
yo4X8PV.pngPsfjTx4.png

rM33C9P.png0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif
@DDDFirefox I love Spring Chase so much, if it doesn't win and you print, please let me know!

@konbinikitty Your skin is so beautiful!!
@DDDFirefox I love Spring Chase so much, if it doesn't win and you print, please let me know!

@konbinikitty Your skin is so beautiful!!
HdmxfuE.png
mTAp2ld.png
mlHpBMC.png
YMPbu9R.png

52507318445_9f9315dba7_s.jpg
52535200315_7ce15afb0a_s.jpg

52506359962_6a949af35a_s.jpg
@redsnight aAA tysm!! ; w ; [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@redsnight aAA tysm!! ; w ;
Xi4T1le.gif
3J4E2hk.png9hqcHsy.pngv2PJF9u.png
I need Glacial Silks for my ice representative gaoler, god, I really hope it wins!!! And would love a pinglist for printing if it doesn't, @Cayleth!
I need Glacial Silks for my ice representative gaoler, god, I really hope it wins!!! And would love a pinglist for printing if it doesn't, @Cayleth!
EXGvy53.gif
mlHpBMC.png
lAvpyOQ.png
MUYNhfy.png
hqshPwn.png
XyTWbuc.png
PiAyg8i.png
o9yS1eq.png
0uVMYap.png
vpVvPWV.png
glXxMGc.png
@ferspnai Thank you so much! I will let you know when I print it :)
@ferspnai Thank you so much! I will let you know when I print it :)
sdcOBGl.png
@Cayleth
Your entry is gorgeous, will you be printing if it doesn’t win? I’d love a ping if you do ^^
@Cayleth
Your entry is gorgeous, will you be printing if it doesn’t win? I’d love a ping if you do ^^
Previously Jayfeather88, now Jayfeathers - please don’t forget the s!
I am dying for the snow leopard submission to get in
I am dying for the snow leopard submission to get in
aP34GRw.png
Hello! Does anyone have any tips for lighting? [img]https://imgur.com/RoMPode.png[/img] I keep trying over any over again, but it never looks correct :/
Hello! Does anyone have any tips for lighting?
RoMPode.png
I keep trying over any over again, but it never looks correct :/
yo4X8PV.pngPsfjTx4.png

rM33C9P.png0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif
Hello, I have a question. I was working on my submission when I re-read the skin/accent rules and noticed one that I must have missed earlier. [quote]The use of photos, clipart, and overwhelming textures is prohibited. In order to remain as cohesive to Flight Rising's style as possible and to avoid any potential legal actions, the site does not allow the use of any personal or stock photos, clipart, or texture brushes. This includes custom shape brushes that create repeating shapes. [/quote] I am worried that my skin has too much texture. I used oil paint brushes to make the little mountain scene and they do have a bit of texture and the product isn't really all that reminiscent of Flight Rising's art style. [img]https://i.ibb.co/wMJkbq4/icewip.png[/img] Is this alright or not really? Thanks in advance!
Hello, I have a question.
I was working on my submission when I re-read the skin/accent rules and noticed one that I must have missed earlier.
Quote:
The use of photos, clipart, and overwhelming textures is prohibited. In order to remain as cohesive to Flight Rising's style as possible and to avoid any potential legal actions, the site does not allow the use of any personal or stock photos, clipart, or texture brushes. This includes custom shape brushes that create repeating shapes.
I am worried that my skin has too much texture. I used oil paint brushes to make the little mountain scene and they do have a bit of texture and the product isn't really all that reminiscent of Flight Rising's art style.
icewip.png
Is this alright or not really? Thanks in advance!
Frost | they/them | AEDT
tn0RSo5.pngbWeLCqf.png10ttDG2.png
Pgv53XB.pngXC93sMs.png6Ef6hwD.png
etYYz4O.pngBb9XFYa.pngeswSnrS.png
plaguebringer.png
@ChalcedonyDraws I'm no skin-expert, but I think it looks fine to me personally. A lot of people are using similar textured brushes to emulate snow. The guidelines specifically mention "texture brushes" (think photorealistic wood texture and copyrighted grass texture brushes), which I think is what they mean rather than texture in the brush itself. It's also worth noting that when you shrink the final image size to the final resolution, a lot of those texture details you see up close will be lost and may not even be an issue. Of course, if you feel as though it's not "meshing" with the site style, it might be worth studying and experimenting with techniques used for site art to see if it clicks with you!

Here's a few examples of past Crystalline Gala skins (and two Brightshine Jubilee, because I believe them to be good examples of the style you're going for) that use a similar texture brush to you for shading. Especially the last one. Beautiful colors and rendering in your WIP, by the way!

@ChalcedonyDraws I'm no skin-expert, but I think it looks fine to me personally. A lot of people are using similar textured brushes to emulate snow. The guidelines specifically mention "texture brushes" (think photorealistic wood texture and copyrighted grass texture brushes), which I think is what they mean rather than texture in the brush itself. It's also worth noting that when you shrink the final image size to the final resolution, a lot of those texture details you see up close will be lost and may not even be an issue. Of course, if you feel as though it's not "meshing" with the site style, it might be worth studying and experimenting with techniques used for site art to see if it clicks with you!

Here's a few examples of past Crystalline Gala skins (and two Brightshine Jubilee, because I believe them to be good examples of the style you're going for) that use a similar texture brush to you for shading. Especially the last one. Beautiful colors and rendering in your WIP, by the way!

dxxTHL0.png __ Striation
Any Pronouns
FR+3
The Lightning Farm
Skins and Accents
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11