Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Where are you in FR social classes?
1 2 3 4 5
I'd say lower class, MAYBE lower-middle. Despite my account being created in 2017, I've only been actively playing for about a year and a half, so I really don't have all that much when it comes to "rare" familiars and apparel. Most expensive thing I own is probably my Loga, which are everywhere on the AH anyways for a good fistful of gems that newer players may not have. I have a couple G1s I've gened up myself, some with gem genes, but my lair isn't that big and they're really not dressed all that well. My vault is pretty barren, as my gems usually go into whatever project I'm working towards almost immediately.

Things like Y1 familiars and apparel are things I absolutely cannot even dream of right now, as my income is almost nonexistent since I don't sell much beyond food and the occasional rare Coli drop. Do I have expensive goals? Sure, but all my focus right now is on geneing the dragons I like, so I'm not too bothered by this.
I'd say lower class, MAYBE lower-middle. Despite my account being created in 2017, I've only been actively playing for about a year and a half, so I really don't have all that much when it comes to "rare" familiars and apparel. Most expensive thing I own is probably my Loga, which are everywhere on the AH anyways for a good fistful of gems that newer players may not have. I have a couple G1s I've gened up myself, some with gem genes, but my lair isn't that big and they're really not dressed all that well. My vault is pretty barren, as my gems usually go into whatever project I'm working towards almost immediately.

Things like Y1 familiars and apparel are things I absolutely cannot even dream of right now, as my income is almost nonexistent since I don't sell much beyond food and the occasional rare Coli drop. Do I have expensive goals? Sure, but all my focus right now is on geneing the dragons I like, so I'm not too bothered by this.
ytkEBod.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
9PstSFT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
loimysO.png
..…….
look-at-my-fursona-her-name-is-Marsh.png
wind.gif you-WILL-look-at-my-fursona.png
Lower class for sure lol. Clinging to my recently gained 'riches' (~80 nocturne eggs) and wondering whether to open for fun or sell for projects.

Most of my dragons are 1yr or younger, and I don't have any rare items or familiars or anything like that. Most of the dragons I don't hatch myself I get for fodder prices or free from STP.

I'm a good little worker though, and can grind in coli and g&g to afford myself a few inexpensive creature comforts.
Lower class for sure lol. Clinging to my recently gained 'riches' (~80 nocturne eggs) and wondering whether to open for fun or sell for projects.

Most of my dragons are 1yr or younger, and I don't have any rare items or familiars or anything like that. Most of the dragons I don't hatch myself I get for fodder prices or free from STP.

I'm a good little worker though, and can grind in coli and g&g to afford myself a few inexpensive creature comforts.
I'm definitely lower class. I wince at the transaction fees on Baldwin recipes. It takes over a month to save up for a lair expansion.
I'm definitely lower class. I wince at the transaction fees on Baldwin recipes. It takes over a month to save up for a lair expansion.
formatting these forum signatures is hard. tumblr_p6atnvb3xd1vffxj3o2_100.png
Lower middle class(?) because I'm lazy and don't play Fairgrounds and Coliseum so often (and regularly go on hiatus for a several months), but I was online for Night of the Nocturne for the first time last month and now I have a 2000+ gem fortune from the nocturne egg industry, so I guess I'm nouveau riche now.

I intend to blow it all on lair upgrades and gene projects the minute Arcane gets dominance (probably September)
Lower middle class(?) because I'm lazy and don't play Fairgrounds and Coliseum so often (and regularly go on hiatus for a several months), but I was online for Night of the Nocturne for the first time last month and now I have a 2000+ gem fortune from the nocturne egg industry, so I guess I'm nouveau riche now.

I intend to blow it all on lair upgrades and gene projects the minute Arcane gets dominance (probably September)
OOf4SrF.gif
lower class for sure. the most expensive thing i own is a frost delver, but other than that i currently have 45 gems in total and 190kt
lower class for sure. the most expensive thing i own is a frost delver, but other than that i currently have 45 gems in total and 190kt
whgj.png
I think a gen1 double is truly the most expensive thing I own, though it might have been cheaper than the like 3 umas I've bought were. I have zero recollection. But I definitely don't feel all that highly esteemed or prestigious or rich, just decent at the game and has access to some disposable income.
Sooooo probably middle class? I can afford relative comfort and luxury compared to some players, but I'm still very casual and somewhat cheap compared to others.
I think a gen1 double is truly the most expensive thing I own, though it might have been cheaper than the like 3 umas I've bought were. I have zero recollection. But I definitely don't feel all that highly esteemed or prestigious or rich, just decent at the game and has access to some disposable income.
Sooooo probably middle class? I can afford relative comfort and luxury compared to some players, but I'm still very casual and somewhat cheap compared to others.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Lower Middle Class I think? I've had a FR account since 2014, but I was gone from mid 2019 til Sept 2023. In pure assets, I've got some old stuff, but not like a big stash of old stuff? At one point I had all the sprites besides light sprite, but I sold them all off except Lightning, Earth & Nature after I'd awakened them to get more spending money. I was never good at keeping hold or money for long though, I honestly don't recall how I got the sprites. So technically rn I've got 3/11 sprites, some other old familiars and apparel but none of the super valuable stuff from the first year. No KS stuff. I got some old dragons, but pretty sure they've all got offspring. I do have an XYY gen 1 thats 9 years old now, but her offspring list is as long as my arm. I had no idea of value back then when I hatched her lol

In terms of liquid assets I've got basically nothing because I keep geneing up auraboas from scratch and my only real income is occasionally selling glimmer and gloom as well as selling hatchery dragons, which I do at fairly cheapish prices because it don't feel right to me charging 300kT plus just because a dragon looks fancy. I don't exalt anywhere near as much as I did years ago (which apparently isn't as much as I thought it was looking at the achievement progress) as I tend to spend a lot less time on here than I used to.

I think theres a big jump from Middle Class on here to Upper Class, with middle class having a huuuge range in it. I'm def nearer the bottom just because whilst my account is old I've never really put myself in a position to like, build wealth for myself? Sure would I like some more money so I can slap koi on a bunch of auraboas? Aye I would, but then if I got huge stacks of money what am I working towards? I think I'd get bored. Idk its how I roll.
Lower Middle Class I think? I've had a FR account since 2014, but I was gone from mid 2019 til Sept 2023. In pure assets, I've got some old stuff, but not like a big stash of old stuff? At one point I had all the sprites besides light sprite, but I sold them all off except Lightning, Earth & Nature after I'd awakened them to get more spending money. I was never good at keeping hold or money for long though, I honestly don't recall how I got the sprites. So technically rn I've got 3/11 sprites, some other old familiars and apparel but none of the super valuable stuff from the first year. No KS stuff. I got some old dragons, but pretty sure they've all got offspring. I do have an XYY gen 1 thats 9 years old now, but her offspring list is as long as my arm. I had no idea of value back then when I hatched her lol

In terms of liquid assets I've got basically nothing because I keep geneing up auraboas from scratch and my only real income is occasionally selling glimmer and gloom as well as selling hatchery dragons, which I do at fairly cheapish prices because it don't feel right to me charging 300kT plus just because a dragon looks fancy. I don't exalt anywhere near as much as I did years ago (which apparently isn't as much as I thought it was looking at the achievement progress) as I tend to spend a lot less time on here than I used to.

I think theres a big jump from Middle Class on here to Upper Class, with middle class having a huuuge range in it. I'm def nearer the bottom just because whilst my account is old I've never really put myself in a position to like, build wealth for myself? Sure would I like some more money so I can slap koi on a bunch of auraboas? Aye I would, but then if I got huge stacks of money what am I working towards? I think I'd get bored. Idk its how I roll.
lightning_banner.png
nature_banner.pngearth_banner.png
•••••••tumblr_inline_njtpe1NttW1r1na4o.gif
HatcheryStogwen Project
FR + 8hrs || She/Her
earth_banner.png nature_banner.pnglightning_banner.png
Just popping in to say wow, this really blew up [emoji=firework size=1]
Just popping in to say wow, this really blew up
6klg2iF.png
Middle Class, probably. I have a handful of valuable dragons (fully gened G1s) and a decent amount of treasure and gems laying around. I haven't been coli grinding as much as I normally do but I'm resting a bit after NotN. I have large amounts of food stockpiled so my dragons aren't at risk of starving any time soon. My dragon collecting hobby is much like my yarn collecting hobby - sometimes I'll finish a project, but most of the time I just collect the materials and do nothing with them.
Middle Class, probably. I have a handful of valuable dragons (fully gened G1s) and a decent amount of treasure and gems laying around. I haven't been coli grinding as much as I normally do but I'm resting a bit after NotN. I have large amounts of food stockpiled so my dragons aren't at risk of starving any time soon. My dragon collecting hobby is much like my yarn collecting hobby - sometimes I'll finish a project, but most of the time I just collect the materials and do nothing with them.
Sturm
with a
"U"
Gay man (MlM) flag in the style of a faux FlightRising item He/It
FR Time +0
G1 Hoarder
Current Avatar
DO1.png H1sgaHX.png
I always read "dragon capitalism" to be a tongue-in-cheek joke, not a concept taken and applied literally [emoji=banescale sad size=1] Folks, please don't categorize yourself based on how much treasure, gems, or specific item types or dragons you do or don't have. [I]Flight Rising[/I] is where you go to gene and dress up your dragons, collect shinies (or not-so-shinies if you prefer!), and breed your 2D png dragons to make more dragons because you and others like you really really really really [I]really[/I] love dragons. Our game is as open-ended as it is so you can make your experience your own. And, uh... if you've shared how "upper class" or "old money" your account is in this thread, please make sure the passwords for both your registered email and your [I]Flight Rising[/I] account are unique and have never been used elsewhere.
I always read "dragon capitalism" to be a tongue-in-cheek joke, not a concept taken and applied literally

Folks, please don't categorize yourself based on how much treasure, gems, or specific item types or dragons you do or don't have. Flight Rising is where you go to gene and dress up your dragons, collect shinies (or not-so-shinies if you prefer!), and breed your 2D png dragons to make more dragons because you and others like you really really really really really love dragons. Our game is as open-ended as it is so you can make your experience your own.

And, uh... if you've shared how "upper class" or "old money" your account is in this thread, please make sure the passwords for both your registered email and your Flight Rising account are unique and have never been used elsewhere.
1 2 3 4 5