Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Add KS Items to the Achievement Shop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
Full support. I frankly care little about the virtual economy, I deal with enough capitalism in real life. I do think that the KS items should remain challenging to obtain, but at the moment they’re functionally impossible. Many accounts that have them are no longer active, others aren’t selling, and the few that are selling go for impossible prices.
Full support. I frankly care little about the virtual economy, I deal with enough capitalism in real life. I do think that the KS items should remain challenging to obtain, but at the moment they’re functionally impossible. Many accounts that have them are no longer active, others aren’t selling, and the few that are selling go for impossible prices.
check out:
fishainsley.art
thanks love you
Support - perhaps raise the price and limit a purchase of once per account if people are so concerned about devaluing them?

But, frankly, I couldn't care less - right now they're impossible to attain and I think they could use some devaluing. I think they should be available *somewhere* and they don't fit with any other of the shops.
Support - perhaps raise the price and limit a purchase of once per account if people are so concerned about devaluing them?

But, frankly, I couldn't care less - right now they're impossible to attain and I think they could use some devaluing. I think they should be available *somewhere* and they don't fit with any other of the shops.
Digital Artist! Check out my website, Patreon!

header_image.png
There is a difference between "devalued" and "worthless"

The threshold in the original post would bring them to "worthless"

[quote name="Ogerpon" date="2024-01-03 16:43:35" ] There is a difference between "devalued" and "worthless" The threshold in the original post would bring them to "worthless" [/quote] Where? The suggestion is explicitly not making any threshold. Not the [insert number of years] part. [quote=OP]placing them in one of the Marketplaces would as well as limiting the amount that can be generated to essentially 1 item per player per *insert number* of years. Prices would be up to the Devs of course.[/quote] They then go to say their preference, but who cares? The numbers are obviously always up to the devs anyway because the difference between "devalued" and "worthless" is something you have no way of knowing. Arguing against the actual numbers in any post is obviously just being argumentative for its own sake. None of us can know the real numbers behind the scenes of how many people are doing their Pursuits every day so... [i]obviously[/i]. It's contrary just to be contrary. Which, you know, I feel like that's the point of our existence, so I can't really be mad. *joined hands meme* But their "preferred" prices are based on pretty much the same numbers you and I have. After all, we've been here since 2014 and play fairly regularly. And yet 2500ish achievement points is all we have from the backlog alone. That means it would take us... who-knows-how-long to get another without making changes to our playstyles. Making them worth 1k achievement points per single item might be okay considering that's 1 item per every *checks calendar* four years. But you're right, the backlog might have to be taken into account? But then again. It might not. Because everyone who's been wanting these items for nine years will have to pick only two. And then all the achievement points are gone and it will take another year of focused play to get another 2k points. Because these points can't be pooled. An individual will always have to get the points themselves in order to ever get the item and sell it. Meanwhile new players are joining and also wanting these same items.
Ogerpon wrote on 2024-01-03 16:43:35:

Where? The suggestion is explicitly not making any threshold. Not the [insert number of years] part.
OP wrote:
placing them in one of the Marketplaces would as well as limiting the amount that can be generated to essentially 1 item per player per *insert number* of years.

Prices would be up to the Devs of course.
They then go to say their preference, but who cares? The numbers are obviously always up to the devs anyway because the difference between "devalued" and "worthless" is something you have no way of knowing.

Arguing against the actual numbers in any post is obviously just being argumentative for its own sake. None of us can know the real numbers behind the scenes of how many people are doing their Pursuits every day so... obviously. It's contrary just to be contrary. Which, you know, I feel like that's the point of our existence, so I can't really be mad. *joined hands meme*

But their "preferred" prices are based on pretty much the same numbers you and I have. After all, we've been here since 2014 and play fairly regularly. And yet 2500ish achievement points is all we have from the backlog alone. That means it would take us... who-knows-how-long to get another without making changes to our playstyles. Making them worth 1k achievement points per single item might be okay considering that's 1 item per every *checks calendar* four years.

But you're right, the backlog might have to be taken into account? But then again. It might not. Because everyone who's been wanting these items for nine years will have to pick only two. And then all the achievement points are gone and it will take another year of focused play to get another 2k points. Because these points can't be pooled. An individual will always have to get the points themselves in order to ever get the item and sell it. Meanwhile new players are joining and also wanting these same items.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Once you spend your bulk of points from the backlog of completed Achievements, you're reliant on points from Pursuits, which are quite slow to acquire and take a lot of dedication to amass a good amount.
Once you spend your bulk of points from the backlog of completed Achievements, you're reliant on points from Pursuits, which are quite slow to acquire and take a lot of dedication to amass a good amount.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
[quote name="Almedha" date="2024-01-03 18:02:21" ] Where? The suggestion is explicitly not making any threshold. Not the [insert number of years] part. [/quote] OP: "Prices would be up to the Devs of course. For the record, my preferred proposal prices would be somewhere in the range of 1k points for the Vista/apparel/familiars and 2k points for Imp Scrolls. " [quote]Once you spend your bulk of points from the backlog of completed Achievements, you're reliant on points from Pursuits, which are quite slow to acquire and take a lot of dedication to amass a good amount. [/quote] The thing is that it doesn't matter because there are so many of us who DIDN'T spend their bulk point yet. If you cannot get one yourself, you can absolutely find someone with the points!
Almedha wrote on 2024-01-03 18:02:21:

Where? The suggestion is explicitly not making any threshold. Not the [insert number of years] part.

OP: "Prices would be up to the Devs of course. For the record, my preferred proposal prices would be somewhere in the range of 1k points for the Vista/apparel/familiars and 2k points for Imp Scrolls. "
Quote:

The thing is that it doesn't matter because there are so many of us who DIDN'T spend their bulk point yet. If you cannot get one yourself, you can absolutely find someone with the points!
[quote name="Ogerpon" date="2024-01-04 06:16:18" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2024-01-03 18:02:21" ] Where? The suggestion is explicitly not making any threshold. Not the [insert number of years] part. [/quote] OP: "Prices would be up to the Devs of course. For the record, my preferred proposal prices would be somewhere in the range of 1k points for the Vista/apparel/familiars and 2k points for Imp Scrolls. "[/quote] Yeah. Prices would be up to people who actually know what's up. For all we know, 2k points for an item is a good price. [quote name="Ogerpon" date="2024-01-04 06:16:18" ] [quote]Once you spend your bulk of points from the backlog of completed Achievements, you're reliant on points from Pursuits, which are quite slow to acquire and take a lot of dedication to amass a good amount. [/quote] The thing is that it doesn't matter because there are so many of us who DIDN'T spend their bulk point yet. If you cannot get one yourself, you can absolutely find someone with the points! [/quote] But you're still only concerned about the initial influx of items which, of course, would be bigger than any other. When people are excited about a thing, then yeah, they'll go out and grab it. It's not [i]a thing[/i] as much as you're imagining because these points aren't infinitely farmable like treasure, which creatable infinitely every day of the year. Once you spend those points, you won't be able to get another one. That means these items are not infinite like... well, whatever. We're still limited by user. Not only that, we're limited by users who didn't spend their points yet. There's only a certain amount of points that any user can make a day. That's the way the system is built - which makes it kind of brilliant for releasing very expensive items that are supposed to be limited but also that you can choose which one you want. Which would be nice because these points are kind of worthless right now. As evidenced by the fact that we still have two thousand of them. So yeah, if you don't have enough points, you will find someone else who has theirs. But, interestingly and opposed to all other situations where "you will find someone with the points" - that one person had to get all those points themselves. And it will take another 6 months to a year to get that same resource back. Which means there will have to be at least as many people doing their pursuits every day to sell as those who just want the item. I don't know how many familiar collectors there are. How many people want a Gilded Crown. That these points are not able to be pooled makes this situation really inscrutable. That's something [i]we cannot know the effect[/i] of because we don't have anything else like that.
Ogerpon wrote on 2024-01-04 06:16:18:
Almedha wrote on 2024-01-03 18:02:21:
OP: "Prices would be up to the Devs of course. For the record, my preferred proposal prices would be somewhere in the range of 1k points for the Vista/apparel/familiars and 2k points for Imp Scrolls. "
Yeah. Prices would be up to people who actually know what's up. For all we know, 2k points for an item is a good price.
Ogerpon wrote on 2024-01-04 06:16:18:
Quote:
The thing is that it doesn't matter because there are so many of us who DIDN'T spend their bulk point yet. If you cannot get one yourself, you can absolutely find someone with the points!
But you're still only concerned about the initial influx of items which, of course, would be bigger than any other. When people are excited about a thing, then yeah, they'll go out and grab it. It's not a thing as much as you're imagining because these points aren't infinitely farmable like treasure, which creatable infinitely every day of the year. Once you spend those points, you won't be able to get another one. That means these items are not infinite like... well, whatever. We're still limited by user. Not only that, we're limited by users who didn't spend their points yet. There's only a certain amount of points that any user can make a day. That's the way the system is built - which makes it kind of brilliant for releasing very expensive items that are supposed to be limited but also that you can choose which one you want.

Which would be nice because these points are kind of worthless right now. As evidenced by the fact that we still have two thousand of them.

So yeah, if you don't have enough points, you will find someone else who has theirs. But, interestingly and opposed to all other situations where "you will find someone with the points" - that one person had to get all those points themselves. And it will take another 6 months to a year to get that same resource back. Which means there will have to be at least as many people doing their pursuits every day to sell as those who just want the item. I don't know how many familiar collectors there are. How many people want a Gilded Crown.

That these points are not able to be pooled makes this situation really inscrutable. That's something we cannot know the effect of because we don't have anything else like that.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
What if the items are clanbound? That way it somewhat negates the issue with devaluation, and the prices could be around 1-2k points that way, seeing as after spending the backlog ones the new would be really hard to get. Otherwise I can imagine people creating side accounts and rushing through easy achievements (of which there are quite a lot) to get one item to sell, rinse, repeat.
What if the items are clanbound? That way it somewhat negates the issue with devaluation, and the prices could be around 1-2k points that way, seeing as after spending the backlog ones the new would be really hard to get. Otherwise I can imagine people creating side accounts and rushing through easy achievements (of which there are quite a lot) to get one item to sell, rinse, repeat.
As we can see in pursuit-metre player can get 200 points per month (main bar. I suppose only few most persistent get bonus bar too every month. I will count only main bar. Although even main bar I suppose not filled every month by most of players)

So if count 200 points per month it is 10 months to accumulate 2000 points.

Is it too fast? Or quait enougth? Anyway it is pocible choose reasonable period of time when player counted active enough to get his KS prize. And set points price according to this period of time.
As we can see in pursuit-metre player can get 200 points per month (main bar. I suppose only few most persistent get bonus bar too every month. I will count only main bar. Although even main bar I suppose not filled every month by most of players)

So if count 200 points per month it is 10 months to accumulate 2000 points.

Is it too fast? Or quait enougth? Anyway it is pocible choose reasonable period of time when player counted active enough to get his KS prize. And set points price according to this period of time.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
I (sort of) support this.
But I would want it the be a very high threshold per item. I believe it could be a wonderful way to sink achievement points.

I also am generally against retired items in games and KS items are so out of circulation at this point that there literally is no market left to tank. I was not a KS backer, I have no horse officially in this race. I am a Y1 account with all the sprites, and would not be opposed to those getting re-released despite their retired status, even if it meant my collection would be "de-valued". I'll leave the legalities up to the staff and the final decision to any KS backers who are still active.

Edit: Clanbound versions of these items would be acceptable.
The recent Roundsey situation has only strengthened my opinion that retired items in games are more trouble than they're worth. Putting these items in a place where people can actually legitimately work for them (build up the points) in a way that's not dictated by the player market, is the best way to introduce them as a long term goal.
I (sort of) support this.
But I would want it the be a very high threshold per item. I believe it could be a wonderful way to sink achievement points.

I also am generally against retired items in games and KS items are so out of circulation at this point that there literally is no market left to tank. I was not a KS backer, I have no horse officially in this race. I am a Y1 account with all the sprites, and would not be opposed to those getting re-released despite their retired status, even if it meant my collection would be "de-valued". I'll leave the legalities up to the staff and the final decision to any KS backers who are still active.

Edit: Clanbound versions of these items would be acceptable.
The recent Roundsey situation has only strengthened my opinion that retired items in games are more trouble than they're worth. Putting these items in a place where people can actually legitimately work for them (build up the points) in a way that's not dictated by the player market, is the best way to introduce them as a long term goal.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18