Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How does a newbie earn quick treasure?
1 2
Grinding is real and I sit there for hours just for 20k, what I have isn’t even worth selling… Just getting frustrated at the moment. :(
Grinding is real and I sit there for hours just for 20k, what I have isn’t even worth selling… Just getting frustrated at the moment. :(
Learn how to do Glimmer and Gloom. It's the fastest way to get the fairgrounds capped for the day (75k treasure per day).
There some guides here:
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2644226
It might take some practice to get the hang of it. If you absolutely hate it, you can still do the other fairgrounds games - they're just slower.
Learn how to do Glimmer and Gloom. It's the fastest way to get the fairgrounds capped for the day (75k treasure per day).
There some guides here:
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2644226
It might take some practice to get the hang of it. If you absolutely hate it, you can still do the other fairgrounds games - they're just slower.

+2 FR time (Central)
Maxing out the fairgrounds daily is probably the best way to get treasure when starting out, theres a number of guides for most of the minigames here with the most profitable ones being about Glimmer and Gloom. After fairgrounds, most profit for people afaik comes from more passive/long term sources, like breeding or flipping fodder.
Maxing out the fairgrounds daily is probably the best way to get treasure when starting out, theres a number of guides for most of the minigames here with the most profitable ones being about Glimmer and Gloom. After fairgrounds, most profit for people afaik comes from more passive/long term sources, like breeding or flipping fodder.
Pressed Morning Glory Venex
they/them
_^___^
(=0ω0=)
23378621.png Pressed Moonflower
Glimmer and Gloom aside, here are some general tips:
  • If you get a Coliseum team done (takes some time, but not an absurd amount of time), you can start leveling fodder dragons to exalt. Those can be a steady source of profit, especially if you breed your own fodder.
  • Selling excess food from the Coliseum on the Auction House can be quite profitable.
  • Transmuting things on Baldwin and selling the materials can be fairly profitable... Alternatively, you can try creating items and selling the items instead, though most of the low-level items are unstable sources of income as they can take forever to sell (the only safe investments are Genes, Eggs and Imbued Sulfur, for the record).
  • Selling some random stuff you get with achievement points can give you some extra money... They don't sell particularly fast, but if you don't have anything you want from the Achievement Shop, it's still some money you can get.
  • If you are an artist, you can sell art to other players.
Those are the main things you should be aware of.

Also, check the data-based money-making guide if you haven't already: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2497014
Glimmer and Gloom aside, here are some general tips:
  • If you get a Coliseum team done (takes some time, but not an absurd amount of time), you can start leveling fodder dragons to exalt. Those can be a steady source of profit, especially if you breed your own fodder.
  • Selling excess food from the Coliseum on the Auction House can be quite profitable.
  • Transmuting things on Baldwin and selling the materials can be fairly profitable... Alternatively, you can try creating items and selling the items instead, though most of the low-level items are unstable sources of income as they can take forever to sell (the only safe investments are Genes, Eggs and Imbued Sulfur, for the record).
  • Selling some random stuff you get with achievement points can give you some extra money... They don't sell particularly fast, but if you don't have anything you want from the Achievement Shop, it's still some money you can get.
  • If you are an artist, you can sell art to other players.
Those are the main things you should be aware of.

Also, check the data-based money-making guide if you haven't already: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2497014
Do you have too many excess hibden items? Join the Hibernal Den gifting thread and help less fortunate people out! And get helped out too in the process!
Right now, Strange Chests are selling for 15000k minimum per (often more). Have you been selling or opening your Strange Chests? I personally use NotN event to pad my wallet for the entire year, but all event currency sells pretty well in general. I really recommend getting a Coliseum team to level 25 asap; holiday Coli grinding is a chill way to make some treasure with a youtube or podcast going!
Right now, Strange Chests are selling for 15000k minimum per (often more). Have you been selling or opening your Strange Chests? I personally use NotN event to pad my wallet for the entire year, but all event currency sells pretty well in general. I really recommend getting a Coliseum team to level 25 asap; holiday Coli grinding is a chill way to make some treasure with a youtube or podcast going!
b6b79395300f38d126815a735af03192.pngtumblr_nkoy2v68mq1sjcj33o1_250.gif
when I first joined I would just try to do as many achievements as I could and sell loot from gathering items, but these days I just use gems to buy things I want to get lol
when I first joined I would just try to do as many achievements as I could and sell loot from gathering items, but these days I just use gems to buy things I want to get lol
qBwMqLJ.jpg 63ZnzrN.jpg qBwMqLJ.jpg
it's not as glamorous as like, quick cash but I sell fodder. basically a few times a year, there'll be dom pushes where two flights will be duking it out for the top so i breed fodder through the months and store it in hibden to sell when the big pushes hit. that way I don't have to go to coli and grind to sell fodder and I can just wait for inflation during the battles to sell my adult dragons for about double what they'd normally go for.
that or g&g like most people do
it's not as glamorous as like, quick cash but I sell fodder. basically a few times a year, there'll be dom pushes where two flights will be duking it out for the top so i breed fodder through the months and store it in hibden to sell when the big pushes hit. that way I don't have to go to coli and grind to sell fodder and I can just wait for inflation during the battles to sell my adult dragons for about double what they'd normally go for.
that or g&g like most people do
9242fa66-b028-11ea-854c-b3686ccad672.gif My Brew Shop
Where's my broadcast from? win a prize if you pm me!
Thank you, I appreciate the feedback and will look into the games again, it’s just I’m using my iPad so some controls don’t work smoothly. Will also start selling chests too, are the things in the chests not worth it?
Thank you, I appreciate the feedback and will look into the games again, it’s just I’m using my iPad so some controls don’t work smoothly. Will also start selling chests too, are the things in the chests not worth it?
@Flapmon Any eggs that come from the chests are definitely worth holding on to and selling in the future. There's a roughly 8% chance that each chest contains an egg. The rest of the items aren't worth much on their own, but whatever you don't feel like keeping can be melted down at Baldwin's for valuable materials. This has the added bonus of leveling up your cauldron!

Oh, and make sure that you sell or open your chests before the end of NotN- they disintegrate after the event is over.

btw check the Arcane forums for resources that are specifically for new players!
@Flapmon Any eggs that come from the chests are definitely worth holding on to and selling in the future. There's a roughly 8% chance that each chest contains an egg. The rest of the items aren't worth much on their own, but whatever you don't feel like keeping can be melted down at Baldwin's for valuable materials. This has the added bonus of leveling up your cauldron!

Oh, and make sure that you sell or open your chests before the end of NotN- they disintegrate after the event is over.

btw check the Arcane forums for resources that are specifically for new players!
zqDx8gm.png mysticmeat.gif
As for right now, (1)borrow some lvl25 dragons and grind Strange Chests. sell Strange chests or open them and sell eggs.

Or, you can go to the items for sale forum to find someone that's hiring coli services to work for them, during notn the payout is around 200-300kt per hour I think? Some may let you keep the non-notn loot.

(But you'll get more profit if you sell the chests/eggs yourself. Since you can get about 30 chests per hour grinding in Rainsong. Let's say eggs worths more than 200kt during non-notn season, and the egg rate from chest is 8%, so your average profit would be 30*0.08*200kt=480kt per hour, not counting the other items from strange chests, and extra chests you get from grand exchange. )
As for right now, (1)borrow some lvl25 dragons and grind Strange Chests. sell Strange chests or open them and sell eggs.

Or, you can go to the items for sale forum to find someone that's hiring coli services to work for them, during notn the payout is around 200-300kt per hour I think? Some may let you keep the non-notn loot.

(But you'll get more profit if you sell the chests/eggs yourself. Since you can get about 30 chests per hour grinding in Rainsong. Let's say eggs worths more than 200kt during non-notn season, and the egg rate from chest is 8%, so your average profit would be 30*0.08*200kt=480kt per hour, not counting the other items from strange chests, and extra chests you get from grand exchange. )
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
1 2