Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | sell or open strange chests?
1 2 3 4 5
I find it odd that people sell the chests
Why not take the goodies for yourself? If you get a fam or apparel you already have, just sell it!
I find it odd that people sell the chests
Why not take the goodies for yourself? If you get a fam or apparel you already have, just sell it!
LEpJMnn.png
J8QoPxT.png
CtM8cLF.png tqGkHih.png
5DjYECS.png
Base on the statistic, opening chests is more profitable than selling them, but that's just on paper. In practice, there's a risk that your luck is horrible and you got a bunch of junk and very few eggs. Last year I got 3 eggs out of 200 chests, and that seriously broke me, so I turned to selling my chests or trade them for eggs.
At least my profit was guaranteed.
Base on the statistic, opening chests is more profitable than selling them, but that's just on paper. In practice, there's a risk that your luck is horrible and you got a bunch of junk and very few eggs. Last year I got 3 eggs out of 200 chests, and that seriously broke me, so I turned to selling my chests or trade them for eggs.
At least my profit was guaranteed.
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
I personally sell about 75% and open the rest, I've had pretty bad luck with eggs in the past and I have no trouble with getting fodder apparel/fams outside of notn so I just prefer the guaranteed profits from selling them directly. Apparel and fams from chests are usually cheap after the event ends anyway, so if I miss anything I can just snatch a couple from the auction house!
I personally sell about 75% and open the rest, I've had pretty bad luck with eggs in the past and I have no trouble with getting fodder apparel/fams outside of notn so I just prefer the guaranteed profits from selling them directly. Apparel and fams from chests are usually cheap after the event ends anyway, so if I miss anything I can just snatch a couple from the auction house!
XGjmQSM.png -fake achievements collection
-In-game wishlist
-pls buy my dragons
sebEy.gif SEJJy.gif gxMny.gif
I can’t be bothered to research and sell a whole bunch of apparel and familiars, so I sell most of my chests so I am guaranteed profit. I do want to get my hands on some eggs to sell later though, so I open some of the chests if I find them Significant in some way. (Chained drops, Higgins purchases, when I feel that the fates have aligned, etc)
I can’t be bothered to research and sell a whole bunch of apparel and familiars, so I sell most of my chests so I am guaranteed profit. I do want to get my hands on some eggs to sell later though, so I open some of the chests if I find them Significant in some way. (Chained drops, Higgins purchases, when I feel that the fates have aligned, etc)
I've tried both opening all chests and selling all chests ~ Profit is guaranteed by selling chests (then you can buy what you want later, as some of the chest item prices get pretty low), but man it just makes the event sooo boring for me. I just open them now :D at least I will have a ton of stuff to melt down later
I've tried both opening all chests and selling all chests ~ Profit is guaranteed by selling chests (then you can buy what you want later, as some of the chest item prices get pretty low), but man it just makes the event sooo boring for me. I just open them now :D at least I will have a ton of stuff to melt down later
UEKFohX.png
[quote name="TapestryTenant" date="2023-12-17 18:27:42" ] sell! logically you'd want to sell since the contents in 1 chest usually don't add up to ~20g or whatever the price is. Eggs don't come close to offsetting this An egg costs ~200g, while 10 chests has a 0.92*0.92*0.92*0.92*0.92*0.92*0.92*0.92*0.92*0.92=~43.4% chance of giving you no eggs. better to just sell the chests and buy the specific stuff u want im pretty impulsive tho I think I've opened up like 25 now and no eggs yet </3 [/quote] @TapestryTenant Thank you for mathing this out! One thing, though: how much is a chest actually worth? This year and last year the chest prices haven't really come up after the initial high price and have lingered around 16G/chest. Do you think the value of Strange Chests will remain there or tick up again this Friday/Saturday at the end of NotN? Or will the flush of eggs keep the chest price low?
TapestryTenant wrote on 2023-12-17 18:27:42:
sell!
logically you'd want to sell since the contents in 1 chest usually don't add up to ~20g or whatever the price is. Eggs don't come close to offsetting this
An egg costs ~200g, while 10 chests has a 0.92*0.92*0.92*0.92*0.92*0.92*0.92*0.92*0.92*0.92=~43.4% chance of giving you no eggs.
better to just sell the chests and buy the specific stuff u want
im pretty impulsive tho I think I've opened up like 25 now and no eggs yet </3

@TapestryTenant

Thank you for mathing this out! One thing, though: how much is a chest actually worth? This year and last year the chest prices haven't really come up after the initial high price and have lingered around 16G/chest. Do you think the value of Strange Chests will remain there or tick up again this Friday/Saturday at the end of NotN? Or will the flush of eggs keep the chest price low?
hu72dVR.png
@adrienne1614 it’s my first notn so I have no idea lol. But at a chest price of 16g you are roughly 65% likely to at least make your money back with some amount of eggs (not accounting for selling other chest contents since they’re dirt cheap and common). I think that’s a pretty fair bargain actually. I would try to calculate the probability you will profit and not just break even but my brain is short circuiting. Might come back to this later
@adrienne1614 it’s my first notn so I have no idea lol. But at a chest price of 16g you are roughly 65% likely to at least make your money back with some amount of eggs (not accounting for selling other chest contents since they’re dirt cheap and common). I think that’s a pretty fair bargain actually. I would try to calculate the probability you will profit and not just break even but my brain is short circuiting. Might come back to this later
lriUxTs.png
@TapestryTenant

No sweat either way! As an old-timer I don't have use for many spare fams/apparel, so I was curious about the benefits of selling chests vs eggs.
@TapestryTenant

No sweat either way! As an old-timer I don't have use for many spare fams/apparel, so I was curious about the benefits of selling chests vs eggs.
hu72dVR.png
I recommend checking to see your luck. If you open 50 chests and get 0 eggs, it's MUCH better to sell the chests. I've started doing that now and it's actually guaranteed profit, which is quite nice
I recommend checking to see your luck. If you open 50 chests and get 0 eggs, it's MUCH better to sell the chests. I've started doing that now and it's actually guaranteed profit, which is quite nice
Personally, I plan on opening them until I get all the new familiars and then selling the rest. I only have one familiar left to collect, lol. The 250-chest achievement should still be available next year. I have gotten all the others.
Personally, I plan on opening them until I get all the new familiars and then selling the rest. I only have one familiar left to collect, lol. The 250-chest achievement should still be available next year. I have gotten all the others.
1 2 3 4 5