Back

Adoptables

Create, adopt, or show off your adoptables.
TOPIC | ¤~~an endless garden [2.0] ~~¤
1 2 ... 99 100 101 102 103 ... 105 106
@Oranitha Happy notn! No rush of course, but I just wanted to report that the notn bingo doesnt seem to have any notn specific goals, at least for me? I refreshed a few 7x7 boards on different difficulties and it seems exactly the same as before. Normal, elemental, and minor fest boards still work though
@Oranitha Happy notn! No rush of course, but I just wanted to report that the notn bingo doesnt seem to have any notn specific goals, at least for me? I refreshed a few 7x7 boards on different difficulties and it seems exactly the same as before. Normal, elemental, and minor fest boards still work though
Ghetsis' sprite from Pokémon Black and White.
@Frigate You beat me to it!!! It was a typo (NoTN -> NotN). By the time you see this ping it should be fixed, but you'll need to reload the page. Let me know what you'd like for your bughunting seed.
@Frigate You beat me to it!!! It was a typo (NoTN -> NotN). By the time you see this ping it should be fixed, but you'll need to reload the page. Let me know what you'd like for your bughunting seed.
cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha Thank you for the super quick fix! Could I get a hydrangea with red foliage if possible?
@Oranitha Thank you for the super quick fix! Could I get a hydrangea with red foliage if possible?
Ghetsis' sprite from Pokémon Black and White.
@Frigate My pleasure, and of course! I made two possibilities, feel free to pick either/splice together CyCgTCCWoF, CyCJ0C4tMl
@Frigate My pleasure, and of course! I made two possibilities, feel free to pick either/splice together CyCgTCCWoF, CyCJ0C4tMl
cL9yafY.gif
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/d3QTUip.png[/img][/center] [b][size=4]TL;DR[/size], 2.0 brings loads of QoL, new bases and palettes, new features, just generally A Lot. If you want to dive in and are new to the tool (welcome!), try a bingo board ([url=https://oriwritesaplugin.github.io/EndlessGarden/bingo.html]coli[/url] | [url=https://oriwritesaplugin.github.io/EndlessGarden/self_care_bingo.html]self-care[/url]). Returning folks (welcome back!), you might want to try putting your seeds in the [url=https://oriwritesaplugin.github.io/EndlessGarden/collection.html]new collection[/url] then refreshing the page (they'll stay!). Skip to the bottom boldtext for poll & freebies[/b] Happy NotN! Got lots (and lots) of updates for you all. It's been awhile, so to recap, this is a pixel plant "adopt" shop where the adopts are free; you earn them by doing stuff like coli bingo or real-life to-do lists. It's a weird thing I put together to coax my own cymbal-monkey of a brain into focusing on things it doesn't want to do, and with your help, it's grown from a small collection of dev art to a full-fledged tool with nearing 200 adopt bases, over 100 palettes, and loads of features (with more on the way)! The full changelog and future plans can be found [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ctv2aKgLf7NGmBf79BTJiXSXPkdaVvb1qwehwCZ0hXA/edit?usp=sharing]here[/url], but I've typed up some highlights. As usual though, it's a really visual tool, so it might be easier done than said--[url=https://oriwritesaplugin.github.io/EndlessGarden/]check it out for yourself![/url]: [center][size=4]Copy-paste is DEAD[/size][/center] Well, mostly! That was one of the worst limitations of the old codebase, you had to copy-paste your seeds EVERYWHERE. We use localStorage now: it's a small pool of data local to a site and browser like usual BUT, unlike the rest of the tool, [b]it'll last past restarts[/b]. Think cookie clicker savedata if you've played it. Again, it's entirely local, so I can't bounce it to other devices/browsers (or to myself). There's a backup button instead! Since the entire tool knows your collection now, this lets us do a lot of other stuff, such as this: [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/PLRYbjx.png[/img][/center] There's a lot going on there, but to break it down, the collection (seeds only for now, named goodies like !nigel have [url=https://oriwritesaplugin.github.io/EndlessGarden/completion_tracker.html]their own thing[/url] in the meantime) is now a whole page with a host of useful widgets that allow you to do all of the old analysis & splicing plus more, like rotating colors: [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/75Yuyef.png[/img][/center] Ah, but what's "rs"? To use stuff like the seed swap, you'd previously have to manually discard seeds, but now you can discard from the collection (rs=raw seedstuff=size of your discard pile). Speaking of, the seed swap: [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/sRBsSg2.png[/img][/center] Seeds are cheaper on average now, cost raw seedstuff, AND the middle seeds are themed together instead of using the rarity system. Which leads me to the rarity system rework... As you can probably guess, there's a lot of changes. But those changes are all focused on what was janky or hard to use: bingo's configurable so I stop having NotN challenges pop up in March (and it finally resizes right!), there's a completion tracker so you don't have to manually count your bases, rarity has been replaced by category because the former was way too opaque, stuff like that. Basically, I've taken the months between updates to figure out dumb hoops I was making people jump through, then doing my best to remove those hoops. And while I'm taking a bit of a break after this, I don't plan to stop here! :] First though, [b]I'd really like to thank the Alpha testing squad, as well as everyone else who's stopped in on the thread. Your kind comments kept me going [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Thanks also to (hugely overlapping group) the community artists who stepped up to make this update as wild as it is: @RedRevival, @AngryMothNoises, and Rat & Reaver (@Felspring) together contributed 11 new bases, and I don't have to tell you that they[u] absolutely slap[/u]. Here's some freebs covering a fragment of their work, some of mine, and some classics to welcome new folk: CvXaTCOigo, CxqYjB-ZQZ, CyZP9CEqHP, CtDc8COk8V, Ch1jfB+P4k, CrKwiBxKz9, CVBpOCTgM1 And thank you, reader, for checking out the tool! I hope you like it. Finally, like I said, the tool's not done (though I might be taking a breather for NotN). Here's a [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScXRG4yyKCQNWghNIIatdMkciT5mjMiQ6E0YL0nRWGq554pnA/viewform?usp=sf_link]one-question poll[/url] (with seeds :]) to help me choose what to do next.[/b] You can view breakdowns of the options [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3159765/1#post_55734622]here[/url]. ----- Pinglist migration: I'll probably use the old one once or twice more for safety, so if you want to remove yourself, it's [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hRRORa6H820mWH-G0Ed11M9NNS-JCr-Yr53dogg-eRA/edit]here[/url], and if you want to join the new ones, they're here: [center][pinglist=10683] [pinglist=10684][/center] Thanks for everything, y'all [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
d3QTUip.png

TL;DR, 2.0 brings loads of QoL, new bases and palettes, new features, just generally A Lot. If you want to dive in and are new to the tool (welcome!), try a bingo board (coli | self-care). Returning folks (welcome back!), you might want to try putting your seeds in the new collection then refreshing the page (they'll stay!). Skip to the bottom boldtext for poll & freebies

Happy NotN! Got lots (and lots) of updates for you all. It's been awhile, so to recap, this is a pixel plant "adopt" shop where the adopts are free; you earn them by doing stuff like coli bingo or real-life to-do lists. It's a weird thing I put together to coax my own cymbal-monkey of a brain into focusing on things it doesn't want to do, and with your help, it's grown from a small collection of dev art to a full-fledged tool with nearing 200 adopt bases, over 100 palettes, and loads of features (with more on the way)!

The full changelog and future plans can be found here, but I've typed up some highlights. As usual though, it's a really visual tool, so it might be easier done than said--check it out for yourself!:

Copy-paste is DEAD
Well, mostly! That was one of the worst limitations of the old codebase, you had to copy-paste your seeds EVERYWHERE. We use localStorage now: it's a small pool of data local to a site and browser like usual BUT, unlike the rest of the tool, it'll last past restarts. Think cookie clicker savedata if you've played it. Again, it's entirely local, so I can't bounce it to other devices/browsers (or to myself). There's a backup button instead!

Since the entire tool knows your collection now, this lets us do a lot of other stuff, such as this:
PLRYbjx.png

There's a lot going on there, but to break it down, the collection (seeds only for now, named goodies like !nigel have their own thing in the meantime) is now a whole page with a host of useful widgets that allow you to do all of the old analysis & splicing plus more, like rotating colors:
75Yuyef.png

Ah, but what's "rs"? To use stuff like the seed swap, you'd previously have to manually discard seeds, but now you can discard from the collection (rs=raw seedstuff=size of your discard pile). Speaking of, the seed swap:
sRBsSg2.png

Seeds are cheaper on average now, cost raw seedstuff, AND the middle seeds are themed together instead of using the rarity system. Which leads me to the rarity system rework...

As you can probably guess, there's a lot of changes. But those changes are all focused on what was janky or hard to use: bingo's configurable so I stop having NotN challenges pop up in March (and it finally resizes right!), there's a completion tracker so you don't have to manually count your bases, rarity has been replaced by category because the former was way too opaque, stuff like that. Basically, I've taken the months between updates to figure out dumb hoops I was making people jump through, then doing my best to remove those hoops. And while I'm taking a bit of a break after this, I don't plan to stop here! :]

First though, I'd really like to thank the Alpha testing squad, as well as everyone else who's stopped in on the thread. Your kind comments kept me going Thanks also to (hugely overlapping group) the community artists who stepped up to make this update as wild as it is: @RedRevival, @AngryMothNoises, and Rat & Reaver (@Felspring) together contributed 11 new bases, and I don't have to tell you that they absolutely slap. Here's some freebs covering a fragment of their work, some of mine, and some classics to welcome new folk:

CvXaTCOigo, CxqYjB-ZQZ, CyZP9CEqHP, CtDc8COk8V, Ch1jfB+P4k, CrKwiBxKz9, CVBpOCTgM1

And thank you, reader, for checking out the tool! I hope you like it.

Finally, like I said, the tool's not done (though I might be taking a breather for NotN). Here's a one-question poll (with seeds :]) to help me choose what to do next.
You can view breakdowns of the options here.

Pinglist migration: I'll probably use the old one once or twice more for safety, so if you want to remove yourself, it's here, and if you want to join the new ones, they're here:

Thanks for everything, y'all
cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha

Heck yeah, update live! So excited to grind now with the new stuff in! Thank you Oranitha for the hard work making this program, and all the artists working on bases and palettes. Teamwork!

Small housekeeping thing, but could the Suspicious Bush (and other bases added for NotN update) have their credits updated to just Felspring? Totally fine to keep older bases as is, though!
@Oranitha

Heck yeah, update live! So excited to grind now with the new stuff in! Thank you Oranitha for the hard work making this program, and all the artists working on bases and palettes. Teamwork!

Small housekeeping thing, but could the Suspicious Bush (and other bases added for NotN update) have their credits updated to just Felspring? Totally fine to keep older bases as is, though!
push hub
@Felspring Of course, sorry bout that! Update is in and should be showing within a few minutes. And yeah, I think we all knocked it out of the park here. Thanks again for all the help and support [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Speaking of, I owe you seeds! Any preferences on colors for the suspicious bush and bench?
@Felspring Of course, sorry bout that! Update is in and should be showing within a few minutes. And yeah, I think we all knocked it out of the park here. Thanks again for all the help and support

Speaking of, I owe you seeds! Any preferences on colors for the suspicious bush and bench?
cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha

How's about NotN themed colors? Dusky blues, greys, light blues, etc.
@Oranitha

How's about NotN themed colors? Dusky blues, greys, light blues, etc.
push hub
Yay it's live!!! This is so exciting <3 I can't wait to use the bingo board while grinding this NotN!
Yay it's live!!! This is so exciting <3 I can't wait to use the bingo board while grinding this NotN!
tumblr_inline_nbwjccPnMm1qkfp12.png
I just joined yesterday, but we already have a wonderful update! Thank you, Oranitha!
I just joined yesterday, but we already have a wonderful update! Thank you, Oranitha!
Celeana.gif cf7c8445-715d-11eb-8b1f-df2c217c8e84.gif
bogsneak enthusiast
she/her or they/them
FR +9
cf7c8445-715d-11eb-8b1f-df2c217c8e84.gif
2urhdbsv.png dYeCwdA.png
1 2 ... 99 100 101 102 103 ... 105 106