Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Let the Next Breed be Dolichocephalic
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I think Ridgebacks would like to have a word with you.

But really, we need more long snoots. Even Coatls have Brachycephaly.

Honestly, Auraboas should have had a beak.

More long snoots please and maybe something with a beak.
I think Ridgebacks would like to have a word with you.

But really, we need more long snoots. Even Coatls have Brachycephaly.

Honestly, Auraboas should have had a beak.

More long snoots please and maybe something with a beak.
7l3ZvzG.png
I've noticed the same and support more variety to the head shape!
I've noticed the same and support more variety to the head shape!
8wF4Uc8.png
[center][quote name="Twizz" date="2023-11-27 20:30:02" ] ...I really hope the people making "let them breathe"/respiratory problems comments understand that not all animals with short noses have breathing problems? Or are joking? Like, yes, brachycephalic pets such as bulldogs, pugs, and persians that have been bred to have shorter snouts than they should naturally have is a problem but tons of wild animals have short snouts and are completely fine? You wouldn't say a monkey or most any member of the primate family is guaranteed to have breathing problems. Or most turtles? Or most rodents? [/quote] This ^^^. That aside though I 100% support a long-snooted dragon! I want a borzoi dragon...,, <3[/center]
Twizz wrote on 2023-11-27 20:30:02:
...I really hope the people making "let them breathe"/respiratory problems comments understand that not all animals with short noses have breathing problems? Or are joking?

Like, yes, brachycephalic pets such as bulldogs, pugs, and persians that have been bred to have shorter snouts than they should naturally have is a problem but tons of wild animals have short snouts and are completely fine?

You wouldn't say a monkey or most any member of the primate family is guaranteed to have breathing problems. Or most turtles? Or most rodents?

This ^^^. That aside though I 100% support a long-snooted dragon! I want a borzoi dragon...,, <3
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
Support! More long snoots!
Support! More long snoots!
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png
94411743.png
as a borzoi owner and certified long snout lover- yes please!
as a borzoi owner and certified long snout lover- yes please!
IMG_8704.png
I would love more long snout dragons! For variety if nothing else
I would love more long snout dragons! For variety if nothing else
f2u_cyclops_cryptid_cat__practice__by_rilvin-dcimbtb.gif
God yes. While I love Sandsurges and Auraboas, three snub-nosed breeds in a row is a lot. And imo, Undertides weren't even that long in the face. The last breed that really seems to fit the mold is Aberrations

I stand by that Auraboas should have had longer, beaked faces. Would have balanced out the fact that we've had so many shorter faces back to back. Probably would have helped with the "they're just noodle Coatls" issue lol so hoping the next one - maybe next two - have longer snoots!
God yes. While I love Sandsurges and Auraboas, three snub-nosed breeds in a row is a lot. And imo, Undertides weren't even that long in the face. The last breed that really seems to fit the mold is Aberrations

I stand by that Auraboas should have had longer, beaked faces. Would have balanced out the fact that we've had so many shorter faces back to back. Probably would have helped with the "they're just noodle Coatls" issue lol so hoping the next one - maybe next two - have longer snoots!
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
I like the idea of a long-snouted breed but do we have to call a moth brachycephalic? It's a fictional species, there's no reason to have a word about its breeding for health reasons.
I like the idea of a long-snouted breed but do we have to call a moth brachycephalic? It's a fictional species, there's no reason to have a word about its breeding for health reasons.
L7VN20N.png sh5xjiu.png
GFeO9bR.png
oczO35g.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="@Aviary" date="2023-12-03 14:41:27" ] I like the idea of a long-snouted breed but do we have to call a moth brachycephalic? It's a fictional species, there's no reason to have a word about its breeding for health reasons. [/quote] Brachycephalic as a term just refers to the way a skull is shaped and does not have inherent implications of unhealthiness. I'm not a fan of some of the jokes made in this thread either, but the term itself is accurate. That thang has no snoot.
@Aviary wrote on 2023-12-03 14:41:27:
Brachycephalic as a term just refers to the way a skull is shaped and does not have inherent implications of unhealthiness. I'm not a fan of some of the jokes made in this thread either, but the term itself is accurate. That thang has no snoot.
Pressed Morning Glory Venex
they/them
_^___^
(=0ω0=)
23378621.png Pressed Moonflower
Support, I want more snoots. Honestly, I love Auras, but I wish they actually had boa constrictor faces.
Support, I want more snoots. Honestly, I love Auras, but I wish they actually had boa constrictor faces.
i believe that you believe there is a heaven
where you belong.
he/him
1 2 3 4 5 6 7