Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | gem sale indicator toggle/edit
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
[quote name="JupiterSage14" date="2023-11-28 08:20:27" ] I think the fire icon used in the Marketplace would be a good replacement, largely because it’s familiar. [/quote] I really like this idea as well! Brain already knows that means 'sales!', while this reminds brain of 'notification, must click!'. If it's not possible to implement a way to clear it, then this would be a great solution I think for a lot of people.
JupiterSage14 wrote on 2023-11-28 08:20:27:
I think the fire icon used in the Marketplace would be a good replacement, largely because it’s familiar.

I really like this idea as well! Brain already knows that means 'sales!', while this reminds brain of 'notification, must click!'. If it's not possible to implement a way to clear it, then this would be a great solution I think for a lot of people.
QdaBiJf.png
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2023-11-28 08:54:17" ] I agree, it is ridiculously distracting and I want it gone. [/quote]
gemajgall wrote on 2023-11-28 08:54:17:
I agree, it is ridiculously distracting and I want it gone.
62a28eab19423fd06c81c0b57758ea57b3848a75.png
42d22711d27254841bd07f96db6eb09fe438054c.png
yes please >o<
yes please >o<
uQGht2s.png
Coming in here to weigh in- I don't mind at all a notification for when sales and such are happening, but I would really love of the star went away once I viewed the page! I agree with others that it is distracting and feels like an unread notification.

I also think it would be good to have a banner or something on the gem page indicating there is a sale? Right now the only place that spells out there is a sale is the announce, but a banner on the gem page would help make it more clear.
Coming in here to weigh in- I don't mind at all a notification for when sales and such are happening, but I would really love of the star went away once I viewed the page! I agree with others that it is distracting and feels like an unread notification.

I also think it would be good to have a banner or something on the gem page indicating there is a sale? Right now the only place that spells out there is a sale is the announce, but a banner on the gem page would help make it more clear.
CVX0Ylh.png
please, please, please let us toggle this off. or at the very least make it something other than orange. it is giving me 'unread items' stress.
please, please, please let us toggle this off. or at the very least make it something other than orange. it is giving me 'unread items' stress.
xxz3tnOVC.pngxx tumblr_inline_o38xqzuDbi1ts73zp_540.pngxxxx
Adding more: it really does need to be either a toggle for those who want to keep it on during the sale so they don't forget by day three but others can turn it off entirely or it just needs to vanish after people visit the page once like all other notifications.

I have a weird stubborn streak, and if I were geared up to buy gems but then something annoying and "nagging" like this happened with no way to turn it off, I would refuse to buy the gems I was planning on buying out of protest. I doubt I'm the only one, so it seems to me that being this obtrusive would backfire against some/many gem purchases.

I'm also surprised by the calloused "deal with it for 3-4 days". I mean, this is clearly alienating and distressing a lot of players, and I can imagine a lot of them going "okay, then I just won't play FR for 3-4 days," which then impacts FRs ad revenue. FR would also lose ad revenue as still-playing players stick around less due to be annoyed by the notification.
Adding more: it really does need to be either a toggle for those who want to keep it on during the sale so they don't forget by day three but others can turn it off entirely or it just needs to vanish after people visit the page once like all other notifications.

I have a weird stubborn streak, and if I were geared up to buy gems but then something annoying and "nagging" like this happened with no way to turn it off, I would refuse to buy the gems I was planning on buying out of protest. I doubt I'm the only one, so it seems to me that being this obtrusive would backfire against some/many gem purchases.

I'm also surprised by the calloused "deal with it for 3-4 days". I mean, this is clearly alienating and distressing a lot of players, and I can imagine a lot of them going "okay, then I just won't play FR for 3-4 days," which then impacts FRs ad revenue. FR would also lose ad revenue as still-playing players stick around less due to be annoyed by the notification.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Support, I really wish we could toggle it on and off
Support, I really wish we could toggle it on and off
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
definitely bothers my ocd, notifications that can't be cleared drive me bonkers

at least make it visually different from the notifications used on the trading post page? Maybe use the torch icon that the market place has instead? Players already associate the torch with "a thing is on sale" instead of "time sensitive game mechanic needs immediate attention"
definitely bothers my ocd, notifications that can't be cleared drive me bonkers

at least make it visually different from the notifications used on the trading post page? Maybe use the torch icon that the market place has instead? Players already associate the torch with "a thing is on sale" instead of "time sensitive game mechanic needs immediate attention"
please make it dismissible, at the very least.

I dislike the existence of this; it feels predatory in the worst way. I know that you need people to buy gems to keep the site alive, but you know this only feeds unhealthy behavior. the front page has the sale announcement, and that ought to be enough for people who actually care and will buy to know.

also it's annoying. I want it to go away. I already BOUGHT gems. I don't want it yelling at me all day.
please make it dismissible, at the very least.

I dislike the existence of this; it feels predatory in the worst way. I know that you need people to buy gems to keep the site alive, but you know this only feeds unhealthy behavior. the front page has the sale announcement, and that ought to be enough for people who actually care and will buy to know.

also it's annoying. I want it to go away. I already BOUGHT gems. I don't want it yelling at me all day.
ee9333790c154dc7b5444be8bdd03e43c8ba0a99.png
Hi I'm SilverStarsheep.
* Carrd *
* Wishlist *
14f64c4d4a5f4348b07becb32e6c3c54eee40b8f.png
support. it is annoying, distracting, and i really don't need it. it is way too in your face. there is whole main post on front page, and whoever wants to buy gems has it there

there could be indicator but could be... less distracting?

also
they added toggles for april fools which is ONLY for a day. how is removing this little thing "too much work for something that lasts for few days". not like it is bunch of codding or anyway for that little thing
support. it is annoying, distracting, and i really don't need it. it is way too in your face. there is whole main post on front page, and whoever wants to buy gems has it there

there could be indicator but could be... less distracting?

also
they added toggles for april fools which is ONLY for a day. how is removing this little thing "too much work for something that lasts for few days". not like it is bunch of codding or anyway for that little thing
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12