Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why do people buy expencive fodder?
1 2
Probably a regret purchase. There have been times I bought dragons and then realized I didn't want them for whatever reason, changed my mind, related to a dragon I want to breed them with, whatever. I'm probably too lazy to resell them so I just take the L and exalt them.
Probably a regret purchase. There have been times I bought dragons and then realized I didn't want them for whatever reason, changed my mind, related to a dragon I want to breed them with, whatever. I'm probably too lazy to resell them so I just take the L and exalt them.
jCVhFoZ.gif
[quote name="SCB" date="2023-11-28 06:18:28" ] Realizing a dragon is the wrong one for a project.. reselling is going to be a pain, so exalting is the fast solution. [/quote] Yeppp, been there very recently, in fact… realized I needed a dragon with Soap instead of Stained for my project, but had bought the Stained dragon for over fodder price… luckily it wasn't [i]that[/i] much over because I literally didn't have room to keep both him and his replacement, so I didn't lose [i]that[/i] much money leveling him to exalt.
SCB wrote on 2023-11-28 06:18:28:
Realizing a dragon is the wrong one for a project.. reselling is going to be a pain, so exalting is the fast solution.

Yeppp, been there very recently, in fact… realized I needed a dragon with Soap instead of Stained for my project, but had bought the Stained dragon for over fodder price… luckily it wasn't that much over because I literally didn't have room to keep both him and his replacement, so I didn't lose that much money leveling him to exalt.
For my dragons without mates, I sometimes buy mid-range RTB dragons (15g) to breed to them and exalt afterwards. Even if I get wegged, 10kt for the parent + 10kt for the wegg means I turn a profit. I'm willing to pay slightly more than LAH because I like having cute hatchlings in my den (even if they are going to be exalted) (and who knows, if I really like one of them, it might turn out a keeper).

I've also bought a dragon to breedchange for a skin, then did more scrying/AH searching and found a different dragon I liked more, so I ended up exalting the first one.
For my dragons without mates, I sometimes buy mid-range RTB dragons (15g) to breed to them and exalt afterwards. Even if I get wegged, 10kt for the parent + 10kt for the wegg means I turn a profit. I'm willing to pay slightly more than LAH because I like having cute hatchlings in my den (even if they are going to be exalted) (and who knows, if I really like one of them, it might turn out a keeper).

I've also bought a dragon to breedchange for a skin, then did more scrying/AH searching and found a different dragon I liked more, so I ended up exalting the first one.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
Sometimes I've bought several dragons of similar colors for a project when I'm not sure which exact color combo I want. So I just buy them all and then decide later which one I keep. Then I end up exalting the others if the colors aren't super popular so I don't wanna take the time to resell, plus they take up lair space.
Sometimes I've bought several dragons of similar colors for a project when I'm not sure which exact color combo I want. So I just buy them all and then decide later which one I keep. Then I end up exalting the others if the colors aren't super popular so I don't wanna take the time to resell, plus they take up lair space.
sometimes I buy babies to wear skins when they hit adulthood, try the skin on them once they age and go no that doesn't work

Yes I know I could scry the adult, take it into dressing room, preview the skin etc but it's easier to buy, let age, then decide. (sometimes it's buy a couple babies with different genes then decide )

To be fair, it's easier when you set a price cap of 25-30g bc like yes I lost money but not 100g money.
sometimes I buy babies to wear skins when they hit adulthood, try the skin on them once they age and go no that doesn't work

Yes I know I could scry the adult, take it into dressing room, preview the skin etc but it's easier to buy, let age, then decide. (sometimes it's buy a couple babies with different genes then decide )

To be fair, it's easier when you set a price cap of 25-30g bc like yes I lost money but not 100g money.
IMPULSE BUY REGRET
IMPULSE BUY REGRET
[quote name="CinnamonThief" date="2023-11-28 05:54:46" ] Other reasons include having decision paralysis so I buy all the dragons that might fit a project and decide between them later. Or hunting for a specific dragon and buying up ones that are "close enough that I don't wanna risk missing out, but not exactly what I want either" so I can let them sit safely in my hib den while I keep hunting for a potentially better option. [/quote] ^ This, I am so guilty of this that I recently cleared out a couple project-tabs years old to make room for my current ones ^_^; I try not to exalt dragons 4 years or older, though. I have a set of them sitting in my Elders den tab that I want to get rid of, but I can't hold them all in my lair long enough to sell them. I need that space for hatchlings!
CinnamonThief wrote on 2023-11-28 05:54:46:
Other reasons include having decision paralysis so I buy all the dragons that might fit a project and decide between them later. Or hunting for a specific dragon and buying up ones that are "close enough that I don't wanna risk missing out, but not exactly what I want either" so I can let them sit safely in my hib den while I keep hunting for a potentially better option.

^ This, I am so guilty of this that I recently cleared out a couple project-tabs years old to make room for my current ones ^_^; I try not to exalt dragons 4 years or older, though. I have a set of them sitting in my Elders den tab that I want to get rid of, but I can't hold them all in my lair long enough to sell them. I need that space for hatchlings!
FObX7rS.png
q9EEy5M.png
o9yS1eq.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png

oR9L7e0.png(image-heavy)
1 2