Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [New Breed] Shadowalker
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
***HELLO These designs are in no way the final form of the dragon, and I would love some crits and feedback!! I am still not satisfied with the design but this is the best I've mustered out of starting it months ago hahaha ***

-Need to take photos of new drawings for the derg

3VpyvXc.png

dOdy7Gd.png
(bigger size)

Rarity: Common

Diet: Meat, Insects, Plants

Overview:
ShadoWalkers are named by their ability to hide in the shadows and their silent movement.
They are tricksters and are very mischevious, often find joy in pranking other dragonkind (usually by sneaking up on them). They are rather carefree folk, and many may leave their homeland for any sort of endeavor, whether it be a warrior or wizard or just a clan jester.

Origin: Tangled Wood

Physical Attributes:
ShadoWalkers have a light and small-medium build which allows them nimbleness and
acrobatic movements. Their wings are sleek and wide, able to catch air and enable them to glide swiftly and silently around. They have sticky feet that lets them walk on virtually any surface. ShadoWalkers are also nocturnal and have night vision.

Their horns and spikes resemble the tangley trees of the woods they live in, and despite their rather large frontal size, they are light-weighted.

They are not picky about their food however they refuse to eat seafood.

Social:
ShadoWalkers love to be around other dragons, regardless what species. They are intrigued by all sorts of dragons, and are not afraid to leave their home clans. They are mostly carefree folk, who enjoy mischief and shenanigans and the more festive part of life. You can say that most of the laughter that comes from the Tangled Wood probably came from them.

The normal ShadoWalker would be born into a clan of 10-20 or so in the woods. Numbers are small for older Shadowalkers are adventurous and leave the woods out of boredom. Their attention spans are rather short, and they seek constant entertainment-- much to the expense of others. Despite leaving their home clans, almost all Shadowalkers come home to the woods yearly to celebrate the Tricksmark festival. There they reconnect with family members and friends, sharing funny stories that they had encountered.

Lairs:

ShadoWalkers love to settle in trees. Because they can defy gravity by walking up walls, they mostly build 'treehouses' or big nests in trees. They prefer to use more natural materials, and most of their tree-lairs are well camouflaged to deter any unwanted guests. Their lairs are often decorated with glowing mushrooms and other bioluminescent furniture. They are also rather avid gardeners and enjoy lairs full of other lively plants.

Tactics:
Shadowalkers prefer ambush rather than direct attacks. They are more suited to sneak-attacks, often hiding and planning out their attacks before executing them. They have sharp tails and claws which they use to quickly pierce at foes.

They are quick and hard to hit, however a heavy blow or two will fracture their light bodies.

Some colors!!
dK95nGk.jpg

Sketches!!

gNLMTSw.png
Alternative pose... Though it looked too much like the male mirror's pose so I scrapped it

Some more expressions to show the attitude of the average Shadowalker
sassy thing, really
XxrtQl5.png

i3QPjOj.png
BABYY I dunno when I'll get to fleshing the babe out but maybe later haha

and older sketches/ first rough drafts
jtQMrJf.jpg
I really went through a lot, and I'm still kind of unhappy with the design but this current one is definitely a milestone!!

But yeah let me know what you guys think idk this dragon is so dorky I swear, but it's been fun!!
***HELLO These designs are in no way the final form of the dragon, and I would love some crits and feedback!! I am still not satisfied with the design but this is the best I've mustered out of starting it months ago hahaha ***

-Need to take photos of new drawings for the derg

3VpyvXc.png

dOdy7Gd.png
(bigger size)

Rarity: Common

Diet: Meat, Insects, Plants

Overview:
ShadoWalkers are named by their ability to hide in the shadows and their silent movement.
They are tricksters and are very mischevious, often find joy in pranking other dragonkind (usually by sneaking up on them). They are rather carefree folk, and many may leave their homeland for any sort of endeavor, whether it be a warrior or wizard or just a clan jester.

Origin: Tangled Wood

Physical Attributes:
ShadoWalkers have a light and small-medium build which allows them nimbleness and
acrobatic movements. Their wings are sleek and wide, able to catch air and enable them to glide swiftly and silently around. They have sticky feet that lets them walk on virtually any surface. ShadoWalkers are also nocturnal and have night vision.

Their horns and spikes resemble the tangley trees of the woods they live in, and despite their rather large frontal size, they are light-weighted.

They are not picky about their food however they refuse to eat seafood.

Social:
ShadoWalkers love to be around other dragons, regardless what species. They are intrigued by all sorts of dragons, and are not afraid to leave their home clans. They are mostly carefree folk, who enjoy mischief and shenanigans and the more festive part of life. You can say that most of the laughter that comes from the Tangled Wood probably came from them.

The normal ShadoWalker would be born into a clan of 10-20 or so in the woods. Numbers are small for older Shadowalkers are adventurous and leave the woods out of boredom. Their attention spans are rather short, and they seek constant entertainment-- much to the expense of others. Despite leaving their home clans, almost all Shadowalkers come home to the woods yearly to celebrate the Tricksmark festival. There they reconnect with family members and friends, sharing funny stories that they had encountered.

Lairs:

ShadoWalkers love to settle in trees. Because they can defy gravity by walking up walls, they mostly build 'treehouses' or big nests in trees. They prefer to use more natural materials, and most of their tree-lairs are well camouflaged to deter any unwanted guests. Their lairs are often decorated with glowing mushrooms and other bioluminescent furniture. They are also rather avid gardeners and enjoy lairs full of other lively plants.

Tactics:
Shadowalkers prefer ambush rather than direct attacks. They are more suited to sneak-attacks, often hiding and planning out their attacks before executing them. They have sharp tails and claws which they use to quickly pierce at foes.

They are quick and hard to hit, however a heavy blow or two will fracture their light bodies.

Some colors!!
dK95nGk.jpg

Sketches!!

gNLMTSw.png
Alternative pose... Though it looked too much like the male mirror's pose so I scrapped it

Some more expressions to show the attitude of the average Shadowalker
sassy thing, really
XxrtQl5.png

i3QPjOj.png
BABYY I dunno when I'll get to fleshing the babe out but maybe later haha

and older sketches/ first rough drafts
jtQMrJf.jpg
I really went through a lot, and I'm still kind of unhappy with the design but this current one is definitely a milestone!!

But yeah let me know what you guys think idk this dragon is so dorky I swear, but it's been fun!!
These are really beautiful designs! You have my support for sure!
These are really beautiful designs! You have my support for sure!
pfq.link?cBZ=party.png
Your drawings look quite lively. Support!
Your drawings look quite lively. Support!
0KkyF.gif9sMYs.gif
@Biofunk
@sm4ll4ndw34k

Ahhh thank you guys!!

I should draw up some more different takes on the walker, maybe after next week when i got time again VuV
@Biofunk
@sm4ll4ndw34k

Ahhh thank you guys!!

I should draw up some more different takes on the walker, maybe after next week when i got time again VuV
At first I saw this thread and was like "Oh dear, some super-sleek thing that's gonna be way too elegant--" and then I clicked on it and I saw that dorky adorable thing. c: I will say it doesn't look nearly as nimble as you've described it, but I think it could certainly grow on me! Not sure about the hook thing on its tail, though, that perplexes me a bit.
At first I saw this thread and was like "Oh dear, some super-sleek thing that's gonna be way too elegant--" and then I clicked on it and I saw that dorky adorable thing. c: I will say it doesn't look nearly as nimble as you've described it, but I think it could certainly grow on me! Not sure about the hook thing on its tail, though, that perplexes me a bit.
Returning after a long hiatus, a lot has changed!
Please be patient while I get used to things again :)
There's just something about that silly face that I really love.
There's just something about that silly face that I really love.
They are really cool!

They remind me a lot of gargoyles. Those hunched shoulders and talons . A little creepy a little intimidating and a lot adorable. good job!
They are really cool!

They remind me a lot of gargoyles. Those hunched shoulders and talons . A little creepy a little intimidating and a lot adorable. good job!
IJJc6Sg.png 6I84XUY.gif wXPzM1Z.gif
@Butzefrau
Ahhh thank you!!!
Ahaha yeah, I'm honestly not a big fan of overly elegant dragons, maybe that explains why imperials are my least favorite, so I thought FR could use some more sly and wry kind of dragons!
Also ooh yeah, I'm kind of glad you noticed that! I admit, I tried to avoid doing mega slim because that could easily put me into skydancer anatomy or mirror anatomy, but I think I'll work a way around it. I was thinking rats could be interesting to look at, and cats.. Hmm, would you have any more ideas for nimble animals the walker can take after?

@pleochrome
I'm glad you like that sassy face haha

@nd13221
Thanks!!
Heheh I'm glad you caught on the gargoyle groove, I love those creatures, kind of haunting but not necesarily bad! Though you're right, I may be making the walker's faces a little too gaze grabbing haha
@Butzefrau
Ahhh thank you!!!
Ahaha yeah, I'm honestly not a big fan of overly elegant dragons, maybe that explains why imperials are my least favorite, so I thought FR could use some more sly and wry kind of dragons!
Also ooh yeah, I'm kind of glad you noticed that! I admit, I tried to avoid doing mega slim because that could easily put me into skydancer anatomy or mirror anatomy, but I think I'll work a way around it. I was thinking rats could be interesting to look at, and cats.. Hmm, would you have any more ideas for nimble animals the walker can take after?

@pleochrome
I'm glad you like that sassy face haha

@nd13221
Thanks!!
Heheh I'm glad you caught on the gargoyle groove, I love those creatures, kind of haunting but not necesarily bad! Though you're right, I may be making the walker's faces a little too gaze grabbing haha
Yes fat little underbite dragons that are slinky. I like it.
Yes fat little underbite dragons that are slinky. I like it.
tumblr_n6xkeuWqvA1sl6hkto1_r1_500.gif
Huehuehue, I love the look of their faces. I want. ^w^
Huehuehue, I love the look of their faces. I want. ^w^
ZhydIqY.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8