Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | y1 items in joxbox please its been 10yrs
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 33 34
Support!

I was one of the people who got here fairly early I think I only missed 1 maybe two of the y1 fests but it was from what I remember not very clear that these items would be 'gone forever' and lets be honest here the site was unstable and unusable for alot of the fests so you could not 'farm' them even if it was clear you needed to for a later date. and their were really not that many people playing anway so the amount of them vs the amount of players who want them is minimal even if you count the ones in dead accounts.

I as a starting player had little desire to dress my dragons so I stupidly sold all my fest apparel. Including the y1 stuff now as an adult I very much enjoy dressing my dragons so would like to be able to put some of the y1 stuff on my dragons but can't afford it.
I am personally fortunate in that I can draw and have two shops that fill rather well when I open them (Just a bit slow on getting that stuff out around work hours :( )so I am not hurting for gems that as a minimum wage worker can't buy often, I give myself that little treat twice a year once on my bday and one at xmas. and the amount depends on monies at the time.

I have also seen so many people in this thread say 'well it's everyones long term goal and this will ruin that'
1- It is not everyones goal, it's not mine. I play the site to have a lair of pretty dragons who wear pretty clothes that is my 'goal'. Not everyones goalis to spend 70+kg on a light sprite and why would it be?
2- Putting things into Joxer will not suddenly make a 8kg item 20g, it will still be very rare and honestly I open most joxboxes to be given actual junk wortha total of like 100g if I am lucky
3- My only concern and likely a concern of the devs is how much these items get gem sales, are wealthy players pouring thousands into gems to get s light sprite and are thus keeping the lighs on. Probably but should that impact us poor players in them being unachievable? I don't think so. A middle ground needs to be had that they are still rare and thus still 'expensive' but not the 5 of them in active lairs being rotated on the ah for more and more money because those players managed to get in during y1 light fest you know.

I love this game but there is a divide between I think 3 sets of players, to a point where if you are not better off or have learnt a art based skill the likelyhood of getting any of these items is really low and saving they just keep going up and up in price while you do so.

1- the ones who are lucky enough to have the ability/money to pour in to gems whenever they want something
2- the players who either managed to get the rare items cheap/early and kept hold of them until now OR have a 'skill' like skin making or art that they can earn money from.
3- the ones who are only able to get money from fodder, fest grounds and chests.

I think we need to make a bit of an effort to even this out a little for some people and stop focusing on the fact that people seem to think a 'worthy goal' is something that takes obscene amounts of money. My goal is to get all my dragon projects done and to have a nice looking lair which yes is going to cost but won't even touch half a light sprite. This goal is something I have been working on since I started the game and still have yet to complete. It's a worthy goal to me.
Support!

I was one of the people who got here fairly early I think I only missed 1 maybe two of the y1 fests but it was from what I remember not very clear that these items would be 'gone forever' and lets be honest here the site was unstable and unusable for alot of the fests so you could not 'farm' them even if it was clear you needed to for a later date. and their were really not that many people playing anway so the amount of them vs the amount of players who want them is minimal even if you count the ones in dead accounts.

I as a starting player had little desire to dress my dragons so I stupidly sold all my fest apparel. Including the y1 stuff now as an adult I very much enjoy dressing my dragons so would like to be able to put some of the y1 stuff on my dragons but can't afford it.
I am personally fortunate in that I can draw and have two shops that fill rather well when I open them (Just a bit slow on getting that stuff out around work hours :( )so I am not hurting for gems that as a minimum wage worker can't buy often, I give myself that little treat twice a year once on my bday and one at xmas. and the amount depends on monies at the time.

I have also seen so many people in this thread say 'well it's everyones long term goal and this will ruin that'
1- It is not everyones goal, it's not mine. I play the site to have a lair of pretty dragons who wear pretty clothes that is my 'goal'. Not everyones goalis to spend 70+kg on a light sprite and why would it be?
2- Putting things into Joxer will not suddenly make a 8kg item 20g, it will still be very rare and honestly I open most joxboxes to be given actual junk wortha total of like 100g if I am lucky
3- My only concern and likely a concern of the devs is how much these items get gem sales, are wealthy players pouring thousands into gems to get s light sprite and are thus keeping the lighs on. Probably but should that impact us poor players in them being unachievable? I don't think so. A middle ground needs to be had that they are still rare and thus still 'expensive' but not the 5 of them in active lairs being rotated on the ah for more and more money because those players managed to get in during y1 light fest you know.

I love this game but there is a divide between I think 3 sets of players, to a point where if you are not better off or have learnt a art based skill the likelyhood of getting any of these items is really low and saving they just keep going up and up in price while you do so.

1- the ones who are lucky enough to have the ability/money to pour in to gems whenever they want something
2- the players who either managed to get the rare items cheap/early and kept hold of them until now OR have a 'skill' like skin making or art that they can earn money from.
3- the ones who are only able to get money from fodder, fest grounds and chests.

I think we need to make a bit of an effort to even this out a little for some people and stop focusing on the fact that people seem to think a 'worthy goal' is something that takes obscene amounts of money. My goal is to get all my dragon projects done and to have a nice looking lair which yes is going to cost but won't even touch half a light sprite. This goal is something I have been working on since I started the game and still have yet to complete. It's a worthy goal to me.
INNIwp8.png
[quote] My only concern and likely a concern of the devs is how much these items get gem sales, are wealthy players pouring thousands into gems to get s light sprite and are thus keeping the lighs on. Probably but should that impact us poor players in them being unachievable? I don't think so. A middle ground needs to be had that they are still rare and thus still 'expensive' but not the 5 of them in active lairs being rotated on the ah for more and more money because those players managed to get in during y1 light fest you know.[/quote] As someone else pointed out, eventually these items will go in Black market territory if we let price grow, like KS are. So there will be less gem purchase for these items actually
Quote:
My only concern and likely a concern of the devs is how much these items get gem sales, are wealthy players pouring thousands into gems to get s light sprite and are thus keeping the lighs on. Probably but should that impact us poor players in them being unachievable? I don't think so. A middle ground needs to be had that they are still rare and thus still 'expensive' but not the 5 of them in active lairs being rotated on the ah for more and more money because those players managed to get in during y1 light fest you know.

As someone else pointed out, eventually these items will go in Black market territory if we let price grow, like KS are. So there will be less gem purchase for these items actually
[quote name="YuleLad" date="2023-11-25 06:47:07" ] [quote] My only concern and likely a concern of the devs is how much these items get gem sales, are wealthy players pouring thousands into gems to get s light sprite and are thus keeping the lighs on. Probably but should that impact us poor players in them being unachievable? I don't think so. A middle ground needs to be had that they are still rare and thus still 'expensive' but not the 5 of them in active lairs being rotated on the ah for more and more money because those players managed to get in during y1 light fest you know.[/quote] As someone else pointed out, eventually these items will go in Black market territory if we let price grow, like KS are. So there will be less gem purchase for these items actually [/quote] This is a scary thought. This is a 13+ game. Why aren't the devs bettering the economy for the players. We have kids that play this game. Where are the adults in the room. Edit: Not only that, this art speaks for itself. The art makes it an attractive pet site game for kids.
YuleLad wrote on 2023-11-25 06:47:07:
Quote:
My only concern and likely a concern of the devs is how much these items get gem sales, are wealthy players pouring thousands into gems to get s light sprite and are thus keeping the lighs on. Probably but should that impact us poor players in them being unachievable? I don't think so. A middle ground needs to be had that they are still rare and thus still 'expensive' but not the 5 of them in active lairs being rotated on the ah for more and more money because those players managed to get in during y1 light fest you know.

As someone else pointed out, eventually these items will go in Black market territory if we let price grow, like KS are. So there will be less gem purchase for these items actually

This is a scary thought. This is a 13+ game. Why aren't the devs bettering the economy for the players. We have kids that play this game. Where are the adults in the room.

Edit: Not only that, this art speaks for itself. The art makes it an attractive pet site game for kids.
FeIiZnO.png
[quote name="YuleLad" date="2023-11-25 06:47:07" ] [quote] My only concern and likely a concern of the devs is how much these items get gem sales, are wealthy players pouring thousands into gems to get s light sprite and are thus keeping the lighs on. Probably but should that impact us poor players in them being unachievable? I don't think so. A middle ground needs to be had that they are still rare and thus still 'expensive' but not the 5 of them in active lairs being rotated on the ah for more and more money because those players managed to get in during y1 light fest you know.[/quote] As someone else pointed out, eventually these items will go in Black market territory if we let price grow, like KS are. So there will be less gem purchase for these items actually [/quote] Oh yeah I get that and I am sure it will but it has to still be a concern for devs trying to pay for site costs and I personally don't know how much these 'high value items' are contributing to gem purchases. Outside the dev team I don't think anyone does so I am sure it is a concern for them 'removing' a high value item but it really is not removing it but preserving it and allowing more people to have them and I don't know about anyone else here but I am not willing to pay for gems to buy a tricktrouper crown at it's current 7.2kg but if it were 2kg sure I'd be way more willing if I had the monies spare! So I don't think it will be a big difference? but not my specialty and I don't know enough about it to say either way personally! We do need to avoid the KS fam black market again because that is yikes... but yeah as Anky said aswell for better or worse in some cases this is a 13+ game which means we need to try make things safe for the younger folks here and allow them to you know play the game without asking parents for money? (Because I am sure they may not understand why most families cannot afford an 11kg bundle for them to play with dragons right now )
YuleLad wrote on 2023-11-25 06:47:07:
Quote:

Oh yeah I get that and I am sure it will but it has to still be a concern for devs trying to pay for site costs and I personally don't know how much these 'high value items' are contributing to gem purchases. Outside the dev team I don't think anyone does so I am sure it is a concern for them 'removing' a high value item but it really is not removing it but preserving it and allowing more people to have them and I don't know about anyone else here but I am not willing to pay for gems to buy a tricktrouper crown at it's current 7.2kg but if it were 2kg sure I'd be way more willing if I had the monies spare! So I don't think it will be a big difference? but not my specialty and I don't know enough about it to say either way personally! We do need to avoid the KS fam black market again because that is yikes...

but yeah as Anky said aswell for better or worse in some cases this is a 13+ game which means we need to try make things safe for the younger folks here and allow them to you know play the game without asking parents for money? (Because I am sure they may not understand why most families cannot afford an 11kg bundle for them to play with dragons right now )
INNIwp8.png
Returning because I've seen a lot of people bring up the "challenge" of getting these old items. I have some thoughts about that.

-As stated dozens of times, it's more of a soul-sucking grind than a good challenge. I think a lot of you are severely overestimating the time and energy most people can put into this game. Even among the wealthier, more established playerbase these items are a complete pain to get.

-There are plenty of other mid-high value/difficulty "challenges" in FR that are arguably more fulfilling given the effort put into them. Breeding projects. Lineages. Expanding hibden/lair. XXY G1s. XXX G1s. Writing lore for all your dragons. Finishing an entire lair tab. Collecting dragons with rare colors. So on. Nothing will be missed if the items are unretired. If anything, some people will now have better things to focus on.
Returning because I've seen a lot of people bring up the "challenge" of getting these old items. I have some thoughts about that.

-As stated dozens of times, it's more of a soul-sucking grind than a good challenge. I think a lot of you are severely overestimating the time and energy most people can put into this game. Even among the wealthier, more established playerbase these items are a complete pain to get.

-There are plenty of other mid-high value/difficulty "challenges" in FR that are arguably more fulfilling given the effort put into them. Breeding projects. Lineages. Expanding hibden/lair. XXY G1s. XXX G1s. Writing lore for all your dragons. Finishing an entire lair tab. Collecting dragons with rare colors. So on. Nothing will be missed if the items are unretired. If anything, some people will now have better things to focus on.
A rotating signature of Elden Ring talisman items._
♦ He/Him | FR+2 | Earth symbol Lightning symbol
Hatchery
Art Shop
Achievement Tips

__________________________________Gif of a boston terrier chewing gum
[quote name="Silverbolt1159" date="2023-11-16 12:57:43" ] Here's the breakdown of the probability of getting a specific item, based on the drop chances and the number of items to pull from: Fest item: 19/4840 or 0.39% (95% x 1/242) Recolor: 1/1740 or 0.057% (5% x 1/87) Bonus item: 1/2750 or 0.036% (40% x 1/1100) So, how would adding the other 77 items change the odds? Not in anyone's favor! Some people have proposed these items be at lower odds, so I calculated what it would look like if they were added to each pool (again, these are for one specific item): Standard fest pool: 19/6380 or 0.297% (95% x 1/319) Recolor high rarity pool: 1/3116 or 0.032% (5% x 1/164) Bonus item pool: 2/5885 or 0.034% (40% x 1/1177) [/quote] I'd also like to put this into perspective and say that hatching a double g1 (XXY, XYY, XYX of [i]any[/i] color) from an egg is approximately a 1.6% chance. Getting any one specific item from a joxbox is, in fact, [i]substantially rarer[/i] than a double g1 (not that this is an entirely equivalent comparison, but just to give a tangible example of the odds). The market would not be flooded with old items, and especially not at a rate that would outpace demand.
Silverbolt1159 wrote on 2023-11-16 12:57:43:
Here's the breakdown of the probability of getting a specific item, based on the drop chances and the number of items to pull from:

Fest item: 19/4840 or 0.39% (95% x 1/242)
Recolor: 1/1740 or 0.057% (5% x 1/87)
Bonus item: 1/2750 or 0.036% (40% x 1/1100)

So, how would adding the other 77 items change the odds? Not in anyone's favor! Some people have proposed these items be at lower odds, so I calculated what it would look like if they were added to each pool (again, these are for one specific item):

Standard fest pool: 19/6380 or 0.297% (95% x 1/319)
Recolor high rarity pool: 1/3116 or 0.032% (5% x 1/164)
Bonus item pool: 2/5885 or 0.034% (40% x 1/1177)

I'd also like to put this into perspective and say that hatching a double g1 (XXY, XYY, XYX of any color) from an egg is approximately a 1.6% chance.

Getting any one specific item from a joxbox is, in fact, substantially rarer than a double g1 (not that this is an entirely equivalent comparison, but just to give a tangible example of the odds). The market would not be flooded with old items, and especially not at a rate that would outpace demand.
> Havic
> He/they/it
> Current avatar dragon
Coming back briefly to say that I don't actually think there would be any issue with gem sales. Sorta echoing what@/Aavinox said, many people might be far more inclined to buy gems in order to buy something that costs, say, 8kg rather than something far, far higher than that. Even if the item is technically available through Joxar, the buyer might just not be interested in waiting to get lucky themselves, as happens with countless other items on the site already. I mean, look at how many people buy Unhatched Eggs from the AH instead of/in addition to grinding in the Coli for them. I know the price range is not comparable, but the method of obtaining them is, I feel.
I don't have the quote on hand to double-check, but I'm quite sure I read once that the interest in buying Light Sprites actually went up back when there were one/a few in Roundsey's Raffle? I can only imagine that this would also be true if Y1-Y3 items were added to Joxar's, because they're suddenly far more realistic goals. The prices might not drop significantly (as stated in earlier posts here, the odds of getting any one specific item is incredibly low), but the items are suddenly made real, in that you can actually expect them to become more easily obtainable over time, and they'll be far more visible on the site in general when more dragons wear the apparel and/or have the familiars equipped. And more visibility = more interest = potentially more gem sales. At least, that'd be my expectation.
Coming back briefly to say that I don't actually think there would be any issue with gem sales. Sorta echoing what@/Aavinox said, many people might be far more inclined to buy gems in order to buy something that costs, say, 8kg rather than something far, far higher than that. Even if the item is technically available through Joxar, the buyer might just not be interested in waiting to get lucky themselves, as happens with countless other items on the site already. I mean, look at how many people buy Unhatched Eggs from the AH instead of/in addition to grinding in the Coli for them. I know the price range is not comparable, but the method of obtaining them is, I feel.
I don't have the quote on hand to double-check, but I'm quite sure I read once that the interest in buying Light Sprites actually went up back when there were one/a few in Roundsey's Raffle? I can only imagine that this would also be true if Y1-Y3 items were added to Joxar's, because they're suddenly far more realistic goals. The prices might not drop significantly (as stated in earlier posts here, the odds of getting any one specific item is incredibly low), but the items are suddenly made real, in that you can actually expect them to become more easily obtainable over time, and they'll be far more visible on the site in general when more dragons wear the apparel and/or have the familiars equipped. And more visibility = more interest = potentially more gem sales. At least, that'd be my expectation.
The-Dragon-s-Keep-DISCORD.pngSignature2.png
[quote name="Aavinox" date="2023-11-25 06:42:14" ] I love this game but there is a divide between I think 3 sets of players, to a point where if you are not better off or have learnt a art based skill the likelyhood of getting any of these items is really low and saving they just keep going up and up in price while you do so. 1- the ones who are lucky enough to have the ability/money to pour in to gems whenever they want something 2- the players who either managed to get the rare items cheap/early and kept hold of them until now OR have a 'skill' like skin making or art that they can earn money from. 3- the ones who are only able to get money from fodder, fest grounds and chests. I think we need to make a bit of an effort to even this out a little for some people and stop focusing on the fact that people seem to think a 'worthy goal' is something that takes obscene amounts of money. [/quote] [quote name="Anky" date="2023-11-25 07:19:48" ][in reference to Black Market activities] This is a scary thought. This is a 13+ game. Why aren't the devs bettering the economy for the players. We have kids that play this game. Where are the adults in the room. Edit: Not only that, this art speaks for itself. The art makes it an attractive pet site game for kids. [/quote] These are probably my strongest thoughts on the whole thing. I'm always in support of early retired items coming back in FR's chest pool, and there are plenty of early players who agree with this idea.
Aavinox wrote on 2023-11-25 06:42:14:

I think we need to make a bit of an effort to even this out a little for some people and stop focusing on the fact that people seem to think a 'worthy goal' is something that takes obscene amounts of money.

Anky wrote on 2023-11-25 07:19:48:
[in reference to Black Market activities]
This is a scary thought. This is a 13+ game. Why aren't the devs bettering the economy for the players. We have kids that play this game. Where are the adults in the room.

Edit: Not only that, this art speaks for itself. The art makes it an attractive pet site game for kids.

These are probably my strongest thoughts on the whole thing. I'm always in support of early retired items coming back in FR's chest pool, and there are plenty of early players who agree with this idea.
JrBnUx0.pngq9GXCbk.pngsTpMZa9.png
All fest items should be treated the same. No exceptions. If some things are in joxbox then everything should be in joxbox. And put all recolors in spare inventory and out of the boxes goodness. [quote name="Aavinox" date="2023-11-25 06:42:14" ] 1- It is not everyones goal, it's not mine. I play the site to have a lair of pretty dragons who wear pretty clothes that is my 'goal'. Not everyones goalis to spend 70+kg on a light sprite and why would it be? [/quote] I wish to point out that light sprites are 100kg at least at this point. If you can find one. It was 70kg ~2.5 yrs ago before a single person decided to corner the market and artificially drive up price. There is nothing healthy or okay about the light sprite economy. I found this out when obtaining a 70kg light sprite was my goal. And I got to watch the price increase faster then I could keep up. Quite demoralizing to reach 50kg, which should have been an almost there moment, only no actually, not even half way. All of this for an item I could have obtained except it was my first day on this site and [b]NO WHERE WAS IT LISTED THOSE ITEMS WERE RETIRING.[/b] I don't think putting them in joxbox is enough. I don't like random chance. I'd rather work for a higher stationary number. But if that's what it takes to rerelease these things then Support.
All fest items should be treated the same. No exceptions. If some things are in joxbox then everything should be in joxbox. And put all recolors in spare inventory and out of the boxes goodness.
Aavinox wrote on 2023-11-25 06:42:14:
I wish to point out that light sprites are 100kg at least at this point. If you can find one. It was 70kg ~2.5 yrs ago before a single person decided to corner the market and artificially drive up price. There is nothing healthy or okay about the light sprite economy.

I found this out when obtaining a 70kg light sprite was my goal. And I got to watch the price increase faster then I could keep up. Quite demoralizing to reach 50kg, which should have been an almost there moment, only no actually, not even half way.

All of this for an item I could have obtained except it was my first day on this site and NO WHERE WAS IT LISTED THOSE ITEMS WERE RETIRING.

I don't think putting them in joxbox is enough. I don't like random chance. I'd rather work for a higher stationary number. But if that's what it takes to rerelease these things then Support.
gG13YVz.pngtumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
I fully agree that the price of light sprite and such lowering have more chances of increasing gem sales than lowering them.

Staff, here's a list of good things that would happen for the economy if we added these items to joxbox :

- Potential increase gem sales as those items that a lot of people want become more accessible.
- Decrease of the black market.
- Joxbox becomes a bigger treasure sink.
- Less hyperinflation of items.

... And this is just economy-wise. The only bad things that might happen are some people getting disappointed a promise was not kept (which seems to be a minority of people at this point) and some people finding their goals easier to achieve (which, again, as others pointed out, light sprites are not a hard goal anymore, but an IMPOSSIBLE one).

I implore you to consider this suggestion!
I fully agree that the price of light sprite and such lowering have more chances of increasing gem sales than lowering them.

Staff, here's a list of good things that would happen for the economy if we added these items to joxbox :

- Potential increase gem sales as those items that a lot of people want become more accessible.
- Decrease of the black market.
- Joxbox becomes a bigger treasure sink.
- Less hyperinflation of items.

... And this is just economy-wise. The only bad things that might happen are some people getting disappointed a promise was not kept (which seems to be a minority of people at this point) and some people finding their goals easier to achieve (which, again, as others pointed out, light sprites are not a hard goal anymore, but an IMPOSSIBLE one).

I implore you to consider this suggestion!
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 33 34