Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | explain auraboa lore to me like im 5
1 2
it seems really interesting but im stupid i think lmao [quote]Older generations of Auraboa existed in a constant state of communion with their fellows. They refer to this connection as The Loop. In this persistent state they perceive time and memory in a non-linear manner; their intertwined considerations for past and present events are such that it became difficult for a dragon outside The Loop to grasp the intentions of these ancient wyrms. The newest generation of Auraboa is not linked to The Loop in their waking hours. While they move through the world, they are less directly accessible and read as "silent" to Auraboa who are within the communal state. This disconnection has allowed the young Auraboa to experience time in a linear fashion, and with this new understanding they have begun to form connections with other species of dragon that have never before been possible. The new generation of Auraboa is not cut off from The Loop, and they will reenter this communal perception with their nearby Auraboa whenever they slumber.[/quote][quote]Auraboa are particularly at risk to attacks when they slumber; they are difficult to rouse once they enter a sleep state and connect with their brethren. They rely upon their clan mates to keep them safe when they are in this vulnerable condition.[/quote] i know sleep is involved, and i guess the older ones are in a perpetual state thats halfway between sleeping and being awake, but i cant tell whats going on beyond that? like how would dragons like that live and go about their day and stuff? (that said these guys look cool i cant wait to scry em once the site stops crawling on its knees due to 7k users)
it seems really interesting but im stupid i think lmao
Quote:
Older generations of Auraboa existed in a constant state of communion with their fellows. They refer to this connection as The Loop. In this persistent state they perceive time and memory in a non-linear manner; their intertwined considerations for past and present events are such that it became difficult for a dragon outside The Loop to grasp the intentions of these ancient wyrms.

The newest generation of Auraboa is not linked to The Loop in their waking hours. While they move through the world, they are less directly accessible and read as "silent" to Auraboa who are within the communal state. This disconnection has allowed the young Auraboa to experience time in a linear fashion, and with this new understanding they have begun to form connections with other species of dragon that have never before been possible.

The new generation of Auraboa is not cut off from The Loop, and they will reenter this communal perception with their nearby Auraboa whenever they slumber.
Quote:
Auraboa are particularly at risk to attacks when they slumber; they are difficult to rouse once they enter a sleep state and connect with their brethren. They rely upon their clan mates to keep them safe when they are in this vulnerable condition.
i know sleep is involved, and i guess the older ones are in a perpetual state thats halfway between sleeping and being awake, but i cant tell whats going on beyond that? like how would dragons like that live and go about their day and stuff?

(that said these guys look cool i cant wait to scry em once the site stops crawling on its knees due to 7k users)
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
My understanding is it's like this:

Trees communicate through the roots. The Auraboa have a way to do a similar thing when they enter a sleep-like state, possibly like hibernation? Possibly they also share dreams? That part is unclear to me and I only kind of skimmed the lore tbh.

Anyway, but they don't sleep as we - or other dragons - understand sleeping. Some of the Auraboa stay awake while others are in the sleep-like state in order to keep them safe.
My understanding is it's like this:

Trees communicate through the roots. The Auraboa have a way to do a similar thing when they enter a sleep-like state, possibly like hibernation? Possibly they also share dreams? That part is unclear to me and I only kind of skimmed the lore tbh.

Anyway, but they don't sleep as we - or other dragons - understand sleeping. Some of the Auraboa stay awake while others are in the sleep-like state in order to keep them safe.
KvxzF3W.png ♦ adult ♦ he/him ♦ FR Time ♦ kpop fan ♦ pms / pings / friend requests ok ♦ lore

You did well today
Auraboas seem to exist in a strange hivemind disconnected from Time, called The Loop.

The new babies, for some reason, are connected to time, and require things like sleep. They also don't connect to the Loop unless they're asleep!
Auraboas seem to exist in a strange hivemind disconnected from Time, called The Loop.

The new babies, for some reason, are connected to time, and require things like sleep. They also don't connect to the Loop unless they're asleep!
we_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.giftumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gifwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif
wheeeeee
Gonna preface this by saying I feel like I definitely have it wrong + I don't think we're intended to get it. I think the point is that even for other dragons in Sornieth who met Auraboa, the Loop was so incomprehensible that it prevented them from socializing with the species for an incredibly long time.

My impression is that it's a bit like a hivemind, but without a separation between memories/past experiences and reality?

Auraboas share goals/intentions between each other, so an individual Auraboa acting on those shared intentions might be completely unpredictable because you're seeing that Auraboa as an individual acting on nearby stimulus as opposed to part of a collective.

E.g. an Auraboa repeatedly touches a campfire. You say, 'why are you doing that?' Auraboa is acting on the desire of a random Auraboa a hundred miles away who once desperately wanted to know what a campfire felt like as a hatchling, and it was the most important thing to him. The memory and goal is as if it is happening in the present.

I don't think it affected their day to day life until the Bounty of the Elements because most of their intentions were to be the caretakers of the Behemoth. The past and present Auraboa both wanted the same thing and acted on the memory. To maintain the Behemoth would have required their survival, so I think that covers other tasks?
Gonna preface this by saying I feel like I definitely have it wrong + I don't think we're intended to get it. I think the point is that even for other dragons in Sornieth who met Auraboa, the Loop was so incomprehensible that it prevented them from socializing with the species for an incredibly long time.

My impression is that it's a bit like a hivemind, but without a separation between memories/past experiences and reality?

Auraboas share goals/intentions between each other, so an individual Auraboa acting on those shared intentions might be completely unpredictable because you're seeing that Auraboa as an individual acting on nearby stimulus as opposed to part of a collective.

E.g. an Auraboa repeatedly touches a campfire. You say, 'why are you doing that?' Auraboa is acting on the desire of a random Auraboa a hundred miles away who once desperately wanted to know what a campfire felt like as a hatchling, and it was the most important thing to him. The memory and goal is as if it is happening in the present.

I don't think it affected their day to day life until the Bounty of the Elements because most of their intentions were to be the caretakers of the Behemoth. The past and present Auraboa both wanted the same thing and acted on the memory. To maintain the Behemoth would have required their survival, so I think that covers other tasks?
3UUXp8G.png
The elder auraboa are all mentally linked via the Loop, and in between a state of sleep and awake. They kinda circle around the behemoth and take care of it. They don't percive linear time.

after BOTE, the hatchlings stopped being born connected to the Loop and they freaked out about it, but they link up when they're sleeping
The elder auraboa are all mentally linked via the Loop, and in between a state of sleep and awake. They kinda circle around the behemoth and take care of it. They don't percive linear time.

after BOTE, the hatchlings stopped being born connected to the Loop and they freaked out about it, but they link up when they're sleeping
66.png
Collective unconscious communication through nonverbal older generations causes barrier between younger generation that can only communicate through it when they’re asleep (older ones don’t need to sleep.) Younger generation is verbal.
Collective unconscious communication through nonverbal older generations causes barrier between younger generation that can only communicate through it when they’re asleep (older ones don’t need to sleep.) Younger generation is verbal.
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
w3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png
old peopel have fungus brains and babies have sleepy fungus brains
old peopel have fungus brains and babies have sleepy fungus brains
Y0w97b1.png astronic-fr
» he/they
» g1 lair
» art shop
XufexgK.gif
[quote name="Isyrii" date="2023-11-21 11:58:26" ] E.g. an Auraboa repeatedly touches a campfire. You say, 'why are you doing that?' Auraboa is acting on the desire of a random Auraboa a hundred miles away who once desperately wanted to know what a campfire felt like as a hatchling, and it was the most important thing to him. The memory and goal is as if it is happening in the present. I don't think it affected their day to day life until the Bounty of the Elements because most of their intentions were to be the caretakers of the Behemoth. The past and present Auraboa both wanted the same thing and acted on the memory. To maintain the Behemoth would have required their survival, so I think that covers other tasks? [/quote] ooh i like that explanation a lot
Isyrii wrote on 2023-11-21 11:58:26:

ooh i like that explanation a lot
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
umm it's like the scene in Avatar when the blue people connect their hair to the tree umm yeah
umm it's like the scene in Avatar when the blue people connect their hair to the tree umm yeah
Webp-net-resizeimage-2.png
Huh. It's all very interesting, and it's the sort of nonsense I like but I haven't quite figured it out yet XD Thank you for the explanations
Huh. It's all very interesting, and it's the sort of nonsense I like but I haven't quite figured it out yet XD Thank you for the explanations
1 2