Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Healer...tree...healer...
1 2 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Omg omg omg omg omg
Omg omg omg omg omg

xrRpY0c.png
Yay! Im so excited!
Yay! Im so excited!
6170d1951dd00a76054e0be373068f46a32933c9.png
WHAT'S THIS?? [emoji=imperial confused size=2]
WHAT'S THIS??
YSQ_BSJ_2023_Advertisement.png
[center][img]https://media.tenor.com/lZje_UJ6h8AAAAAC/magic-worm-meme.gif[/img]
magic-worm-meme.gif
OH. MY. PRIMES.

A NEW DERG???? IM ALL FOR THIS!!!
OH. MY. PRIMES.

A NEW DERG???? IM ALL FOR THIS!!!
potion.gifNew-Piskel-1-3-2.gifNew-Piskel-1-2-1.gifNew-Piskel-1-2-3.gifNew-Piskel.gifNew-Piskel-1-2-3-1.gif
IMG-1435.png
I'm seeing an amphiptere!
I'm seeing an amphiptere!
qQtwg28.png
5 More minutes people! It's happening!!!
5 More minutes people! It's happening!!!
GLMwkdE.png
tyEuRXe.png
EHXIkb0.png
WFpPzZn.png
J7D1quC.png
MQ4VcK7.png
c7e640eab45fb04da3f4646a744f5227443e1d47.png
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2023-11-21 07:56:16" ] [quote name="torrenoia" date="2023-11-21 07:25:12" ] [quote name="Aequorin" date="2023-11-21 05:52:36" ] Updated the original post to add a link to the video version on Tumblr. [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Hmm... [I]*peers at the scene*[/I] That's a very strange looking vine, don't you think? [emoji=special eyes size=1] [/quote] @/Aequorin im not a screen reader user myself but i would like to point out that it may be very misleading to users who do rely on screen readers to describe it as a vine outright in the alt text when it might not be a vine in reality. i feel it would be a good idea to change the alt text to something like "something that resembles a vine" instead of just stating it is a vine so that it's less misleading to visually impared readers, while still maintaining some element of mystery ^^ [/quote] @/torrenoia, thank you for your feedback! Already ahead of you there :D The image description was updated early this morning to address multiple clarifications, including which direction the Wildclaw is facing. On my own review of my earlier description and after a night of sleep, I realized using 'northwest' to describe direction in this context is based on a great deal of assumption, as would the position of hands on a clock as a descriptor! That lead to the description being overhauled early this morning as soon as I got my coffee in me. It now also includes a description of the audio in the linked video to further convey descriptive intent regardless of where the teaser is viewed. Yes, it is a longer description now, but part of our accessibility overhaul also included the correct flags and tags in our code so that screenreader users can skip ahead if desired. [emoji=new friend size=1] [/quote] We just wanted to say that it is very nice to see the team taking feedback about alt text seriously and working to adjust and make the alt texts as accessible as possible. We don't need alt text most of the time, but its good to have for our slower-loading moments where we can't quite comprehend what we're looking at. In general, as well, we're always happy to see accessibility be given priority. We know there's a lot to work on regarding accessibility and Flight Rising, but even just small things like this give us hope. So thank you! Edit: oops, sorry about the ping! We forgot to put a slash in there, our bad.
Aequorin wrote on 2023-11-21 07:56:16:
torrenoia wrote on 2023-11-21 07:25:12:
Aequorin wrote on 2023-11-21 05:52:36:
Updated the original post to add a link to the video version on Tumblr.

Hmm... *peers at the scene* That's a very strange looking vine, don't you think?

@/Aequorin im not a screen reader user myself but i would like to point out that it may be very misleading to users who do rely on screen readers to describe it as a vine outright in the alt text when it might not be a vine in reality. i feel it would be a good idea to change the alt text to something like "something that resembles a vine" instead of just stating it is a vine so that it's less misleading to visually impared readers, while still maintaining some element of mystery ^^

@/torrenoia, thank you for your feedback! Already ahead of you there :D The image description was updated early this morning to address multiple clarifications, including which direction the Wildclaw is facing.

On my own review of my earlier description and after a night of sleep, I realized using 'northwest' to describe direction in this context is based on a great deal of assumption, as would the position of hands on a clock as a descriptor! That lead to the description being overhauled early this morning as soon as I got my coffee in me. It now also includes a description of the audio in the linked video to further convey descriptive intent regardless of where the teaser is viewed. Yes, it is a longer description now, but part of our accessibility overhaul also included the correct flags and tags in our code so that screenreader users can skip ahead if desired.
We just wanted to say that it is very nice to see the team taking feedback about alt text seriously and working to adjust and make the alt texts as accessible as possible. We don't need alt text most of the time, but its good to have for our slower-loading moments where we can't quite comprehend what we're looking at.

In general, as well, we're always happy to see accessibility be given priority. We know there's a lot to work on regarding accessibility and Flight Rising, but even just small things like this give us hope. So thank you!

Edit: oops, sorry about the ping! We forgot to put a slash in there, our bad.
push hub
very excited!
very excited!
h0iLGiu.pngvmAjegI.png
PNjzOJi.png
[center] SOON [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1] [/center]

SOON

PbW1AsJ.png
Mundane | he/it | 29

Exalt Rescue
About Me
Wishlist