Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Healer...tree...healer...
1 2 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Nature ancient time!
Nature ancient time!
[quote name="torrenoia" date="2023-11-21 07:25:12" ] [quote name="Aequorin" date="2023-11-21 05:52:36" ] Updated the original post to add a link to the video version on Tumblr. [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Hmm... [I]*peers at the scene*[/I] That's a very strange looking vine, don't you think? [emoji=special eyes size=1] [/quote] @/Aequorin im not a screen reader user myself but i would like to point out that it may be very misleading to users who do rely on screen readers to describe it as a vine outright in the alt text when it might not be a vine in reality. i feel it would be a good idea to change the alt text to something like "something that resembles a vine" instead of just stating it is a vine so that it's less misleading to visually impared readers, while still maintaining some element of mystery ^^ [/quote] @torrenoia, thank you for your feedback! Already ahead of you there :D The image description was updated early this morning to address multiple clarifications, including which direction the Wildclaw is facing. On my own review of my earlier description and after a night of sleep, I realized using 'northwest' to describe direction in this context is based on a great deal of assumption, as would the position of hands on a clock as a descriptor! That lead to the description being overhauled early this morning as soon as I got my coffee in me. It now also includes a description of the audio in the linked video to further convey descriptive intent regardless of where the teaser is viewed. Yes, it is a longer description now, but part of our accessibility overhaul also included the correct flags and tags in our code so that screenreader users can skip ahead if desired. [emoji=new friend size=1]
torrenoia wrote on 2023-11-21 07:25:12:
Aequorin wrote on 2023-11-21 05:52:36:
Updated the original post to add a link to the video version on Tumblr.

Hmm... *peers at the scene* That's a very strange looking vine, don't you think?

@/Aequorin im not a screen reader user myself but i would like to point out that it may be very misleading to users who do rely on screen readers to describe it as a vine outright in the alt text when it might not be a vine in reality. i feel it would be a good idea to change the alt text to something like "something that resembles a vine" instead of just stating it is a vine so that it's less misleading to visually impared readers, while still maintaining some element of mystery ^^

@torrenoia, thank you for your feedback! Already ahead of you there :D The image description was updated early this morning to address multiple clarifications, including which direction the Wildclaw is facing.

On my own review of my earlier description and after a night of sleep, I realized using 'northwest' to describe direction in this context is based on a great deal of assumption, as would the position of hands on a clock as a descriptor! That lead to the description being overhauled early this morning as soon as I got my coffee in me. It now also includes a description of the audio in the linked video to further convey descriptive intent regardless of where the teaser is viewed. Yes, it is a longer description now, but part of our accessibility overhaul also included the correct flags and tags in our code so that screenreader users can skip ahead if desired.
yAHHHHH

I CALL SNAKE DRAGON!!
yAHHHHH

I CALL SNAKE DRAGON!!
empathy, the buttersnake hoarder
INzCo.gif
@NephthysSapphire, your reply with the gif was removed under forum moderation. It was too jittery with too much rapid movement in it for our forums. Thank you!
@NephthysSapphire, your reply with the gif was removed under forum moderation. It was too jittery with too much rapid movement in it for our forums. Thank you!
Ooh, I'm so excited!!
Ooh, I'm so excited!!
WRcl6DV.png__tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Looks like it'll be some kind of wrym or Amphipter?? I'm excited.
Looks like it'll be some kind of wrym or Amphipter?? I'm excited.
z0HlerP.png

No way!
No way!
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png5a196ce8-ef6f-11e5-b529-2d9b8664c5dc.giftumblr_inline_nbe8e2NZyN1qg78ij.png
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2023-11-21 07:56:16" ] [quote name="torrenoia" date="2023-11-21 07:25:12" ] [quote name="Aequorin" date="2023-11-21 05:52:36" ] Updated the original post to add a link to the video version on Tumblr. [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Hmm... [I]*peers at the scene*[/I] That's a very strange looking vine, don't you think? [emoji=special eyes size=1] [/quote] @/Aequorin im not a screen reader user myself but i would like to point out that it may be very misleading to users who do rely on screen readers to describe it as a vine outright in the alt text when it might not be a vine in reality. i feel it would be a good idea to change the alt text to something like "something that resembles a vine" instead of just stating it is a vine so that it's less misleading to visually impared readers, while still maintaining some element of mystery ^^ [/quote] @torrenoia, thank you for your feedback! Already ahead of you there :D The image description was updated early this morning to address multiple clarifications, including which direction the Wildclaw is facing. On my own review of my earlier description and after a night of sleep, I realized using 'northwest' to describe direction in this context is based on a great deal of assumption, as would the position of hands on a clock as a descriptor! That lead to the description being overhauled early this morning as soon as I got my coffee in me. It now also includes a description of the audio in the linked video to further convey descriptive intent regardless of where the teaser is viewed. Yes, it is a longer description now, but part of our accessibility overhaul also included the correct flags and tags in our code so that screenreader users can skip ahead if desired. [emoji=new friend size=1] [/quote] @Aequorin thank you for your response and for changing it and i apologize if i seem nitpicky. my friend and i were discussing the teaser with it's alt text last night and were fully ready to accept that it [i]was[/i] a vine but we were confused with your update this morning, and i haven't been able to see the new alt text myself since I've been on mobile today but my friend showed me and the clarification is appreciated!
Aequorin wrote on 2023-11-21 07:56:16:
torrenoia wrote on 2023-11-21 07:25:12:
Aequorin wrote on 2023-11-21 05:52:36:
Updated the original post to add a link to the video version on Tumblr.

Hmm... *peers at the scene* That's a very strange looking vine, don't you think?

@/Aequorin im not a screen reader user myself but i would like to point out that it may be very misleading to users who do rely on screen readers to describe it as a vine outright in the alt text when it might not be a vine in reality. i feel it would be a good idea to change the alt text to something like "something that resembles a vine" instead of just stating it is a vine so that it's less misleading to visually impared readers, while still maintaining some element of mystery ^^

@torrenoia, thank you for your feedback! Already ahead of you there :D The image description was updated early this morning to address multiple clarifications, including which direction the Wildclaw is facing.

On my own review of my earlier description and after a night of sleep, I realized using 'northwest' to describe direction in this context is based on a great deal of assumption, as would the position of hands on a clock as a descriptor! That lead to the description being overhauled early this morning as soon as I got my coffee in me. It now also includes a description of the audio in the linked video to further convey descriptive intent regardless of where the teaser is viewed. Yes, it is a longer description now, but part of our accessibility overhaul also included the correct flags and tags in our code so that screenreader users can skip ahead if desired.

@Aequorin thank you for your response and for changing it and i apologize if i seem nitpicky. my friend and i were discussing the teaser with it's alt text last night and were fully ready to accept that it was a vine but we were confused with your update this morning, and i haven't been able to see the new alt text myself since I've been on mobile today but my friend showed me and the clarification is appreciated!
zombsiggy.png they/them

adult

art shop
@Aequorin Oh, I apologize! Thanks for removing it!
@Aequorin Oh, I apologize! Thanks for removing it!
fPthmqw.png
I just recently discovered about all the new breeds I missed while I was away and now y'all are releasing ANOTHER one??

This keeps getting better and better, I'm so excited!
I just recently discovered about all the new breeds I missed while I was away and now y'all are releasing ANOTHER one??

This keeps getting better and better, I'm so excited!
shadowh3.png
1 2 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72