Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | y1 items in joxbox please its been 10yrs
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34
support 100000%

fictional economies dont matter in the long run. just rerelease the items in the joxboxes
support 100000%

fictional economies dont matter in the long run. just rerelease the items in the joxboxes
Support. All festival items should be treated the same.

It's unfair to players who joined from 2016 onwards that their festival items do not and cannot retire in the manner that festival items from 2013-2015 did.

Furthermore, it was incredibly unclear for the first year's festival items in particular what would or would not retire. 2014 suffered from the Bearpocalypse which has only in recent years been rectified and I don't believe in 2015 that we were fully informed that festival items would cease to retire until close to the new fest year beginning.

It was an understandable mistake and one borne of trying to be kind to the elder playerbase but it's unfair and it's inconsistent.

It's also created a situation where particularly wealthy players can buy up the supply of a particular retired item and essentially charge whatever they want for it. This is hardly a desirable situation to have in a game.

All fest items should be available in the Jox Box. There's plenty of math to prove that this would not cause prices to plummet drastically beyond standard market speculation. This would stabilize supply and prices.
Support. All festival items should be treated the same.

It's unfair to players who joined from 2016 onwards that their festival items do not and cannot retire in the manner that festival items from 2013-2015 did.

Furthermore, it was incredibly unclear for the first year's festival items in particular what would or would not retire. 2014 suffered from the Bearpocalypse which has only in recent years been rectified and I don't believe in 2015 that we were fully informed that festival items would cease to retire until close to the new fest year beginning.

It was an understandable mistake and one borne of trying to be kind to the elder playerbase but it's unfair and it's inconsistent.

It's also created a situation where particularly wealthy players can buy up the supply of a particular retired item and essentially charge whatever they want for it. This is hardly a desirable situation to have in a game.

All fest items should be available in the Jox Box. There's plenty of math to prove that this would not cause prices to plummet drastically beyond standard market speculation. This would stabilize supply and prices.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
Support.

For so many of the reasons mentioned above and because a lot the existing sprites, etc are hanging out in inactive accounts.
Support.

For so many of the reasons mentioned above and because a lot the existing sprites, etc are hanging out in inactive accounts.
3ckfYea.pngunyXMRE.pnguyHrPB4.png
Obviously yes.

It's completely arbitrary that only the first three years of festival items are retired for the reasoning that players who here back then "put in the time and effort, and can reasonably expect that this dedicated gameplay should yield some items that appreciate with time." That was in 2016. People who joined in 2016 and stayed around have now been here longer than anybody who joined in 2013 when that announcement was made. They are long-haul players. They deserve the same treatment.

Staff did not promise they would be retired. They told absolutely no one (that I can tell) until September of 2013 when Undel finally confirmed that the sprites were "retired" in some random thread. In that same thread, she didn't even know if the apparel items were retired and never returned to that random thread to confirm that they were. The players didn't know they were retired until it was three months too late. Or whatever. I can't count.

There are plenty of very expensive things to work for on the site - low-digit G1s and triple G1s for example. G2 Imperials are also incredibly expensive. And that's only talking about dragons - the thing on the site we're very much intended to collect. If "we need goals!" is the only reason, then we don't have any reason. We have lots of available goals.
Obviously yes.

It's completely arbitrary that only the first three years of festival items are retired for the reasoning that players who here back then "put in the time and effort, and can reasonably expect that this dedicated gameplay should yield some items that appreciate with time." That was in 2016. People who joined in 2016 and stayed around have now been here longer than anybody who joined in 2013 when that announcement was made. They are long-haul players. They deserve the same treatment.

Staff did not promise they would be retired. They told absolutely no one (that I can tell) until September of 2013 when Undel finally confirmed that the sprites were "retired" in some random thread. In that same thread, she didn't even know if the apparel items were retired and never returned to that random thread to confirm that they were. The players didn't know they were retired until it was three months too late. Or whatever. I can't count.

There are plenty of very expensive things to work for on the site - low-digit G1s and triple G1s for example. G2 Imperials are also incredibly expensive. And that's only talking about dragons - the thing on the site we're very much intended to collect. If "we need goals!" is the only reason, then we don't have any reason. We have lots of available goals.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Support as always. I do own a Shadow Sprite, Bone Chimes, and cheap old festival items. I disagree that the chances should be lower honestly. It should be treated the same as other festival items. They already got a headstart by not being in the crate for years. It's a weird division to make with festival items, and I want that to change. This economy is not healthy with constantly inflating items.
Support as always. I do own a Shadow Sprite, Bone Chimes, and cheap old festival items. I disagree that the chances should be lower honestly. It should be treated the same as other festival items. They already got a headstart by not being in the crate for years. It's a weird division to make with festival items, and I want that to change. This economy is not healthy with constantly inflating items.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
[quote name="Twizz" date="2023-11-13 21:44:44" ] It's also created a situation where particularly wealthy players can buy up the supply of a particular retired item and essentially charge whatever they want for it. This is hardly a desirable situation to have in a game.[/quote] This actually reminded me: I've known of players who [i]hoard[/i] retired fest apparel. And I don't mean like a handful of them, I mean people with upwards of [i]500[/i] of one retired festival item that have no intent of injecting any of them back into circulation. That can't [i]not[/i] be considered a problem regarding retired items and being able to obtain them, right? And Milkduds makes another good point, a lot of these retired items are left sitting in inactive or banned accounts. Those aren't reentering circulation again either.
Twizz wrote on 2023-11-13 21:44:44:

This actually reminded me: I've known of players who hoard retired fest apparel. And I don't mean like a handful of them, I mean people with upwards of 500 of one retired festival item that have no intent of injecting any of them back into circulation. That can't not be considered a problem regarding retired items and being able to obtain them, right?

And Milkduds makes another good point, a lot of these retired items are left sitting in inactive or banned accounts. Those aren't reentering circulation again either.
chxjGgQ.gif

He/Him
BPco0tZ.png HQsa6bD.png xvCXjXc.png FR+3
Support.
Roundsey is one method of slowly increasing the number of these items on the site, and joxbox could easily be another. Neither of these options would cause a sudden market crash due to the odds of getting what you want is relatively low in both cases.
Support.
Roundsey is one method of slowly increasing the number of these items on the site, and joxbox could easily be another. Neither of these options would cause a sudden market crash due to the odds of getting what you want is relatively low in both cases.
arcanef1.png arcanef2.png
Support. IIRC Neopets has also taken steps to re-introduce older retired items via their advent calendar last year. I'm not on there so I don't know the details, but from what I hear it was pretty well received. It isn't a perfect comparison since the sites operate pretty differently and Neopets has a decade over FR but I do think it would be much nicer if FR could follow their lead with the already existing infrastructure we have here much sooner.
Support. IIRC Neopets has also taken steps to re-introduce older retired items via their advent calendar last year. I'm not on there so I don't know the details, but from what I hear it was pretty well received. It isn't a perfect comparison since the sites operate pretty differently and Neopets has a decade over FR but I do think it would be much nicer if FR could follow their lead with the already existing infrastructure we have here much sooner.
Pressed Morning Glory Venex
they/them
_^___^
(=0ω0=)
23378621.png Pressed Moonflower
Support every time. I’ve always hated the inconsistency that some festival items are retired, rare, special, valuable…and others are always available?
Support every time. I’ve always hated the inconsistency that some festival items are retired, rare, special, valuable…and others are always available?
m87ieVe.png
Support. I remember wanting to dress my dragon a specific way and not being able to because of how expensive some of these items are :( Yes, some of them have viable alternatives but it's just not the case for all of them. That really made me not want to play the game anymore, since my main enjoyment was dressing up dragons.

If you want long term goals there's a lot of alternative that don't impact casual players - such as low digit dragons, G1/G2 imperials, kickstarter rewards, etc - but there's just no alternative for casual players who want to use these festival items to customize their dragons.

I also wanna add that the fact these items are viewed as a status symbol just doesn't sit right with me. I know some people got these items without spending a dime on the game, but many of my friends have spend 500$+ real life money on the site and then stopped playing after a year. It would have been very easy for them to get these if they wanted to, just because they have money IRL. It is absolutely not a good way to judge if someone is commited to the game :/
Support. I remember wanting to dress my dragon a specific way and not being able to because of how expensive some of these items are :( Yes, some of them have viable alternatives but it's just not the case for all of them. That really made me not want to play the game anymore, since my main enjoyment was dressing up dragons.

If you want long term goals there's a lot of alternative that don't impact casual players - such as low digit dragons, G1/G2 imperials, kickstarter rewards, etc - but there's just no alternative for casual players who want to use these festival items to customize their dragons.

I also wanna add that the fact these items are viewed as a status symbol just doesn't sit right with me. I know some people got these items without spending a dime on the game, but many of my friends have spend 500$+ real life money on the site and then stopped playing after a year. It would have been very easy for them to get these if they wanted to, just because they have money IRL. It is absolutely not a good way to judge if someone is commited to the game :/
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34