Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | y1 items in joxbox please its been 10yrs
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34
It's definitely time. The player base has increased so much, there's not enough left to reasonably expect to collect a light sprite. We see this with the KS fams, they're not moving much at all anymore, firmly stuck in collections. I haven't seen a light sprite for sale in months in the forums, I think the last ones of either might have been my own. *laugh*
It's definitely time. The player base has increased so much, there's not enough left to reasonably expect to collect a light sprite. We see this with the KS fams, they're not moving much at all anymore, firmly stuck in collections. I haven't seen a light sprite for sale in months in the forums, I think the last ones of either might have been my own. *laugh*
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Support. All festival items should be treated the same.
Support. All festival items should be treated the same.
Support. Not that I have any interest in any of the items in particular, I just don't see any real reason why not to. The crates are already so chock full of stuff that your chances of getting one of those specific items is incredibly low. I buy a box every month, and have been for a couple years now and I've YET to see any of the halos. Speaking of, look at those. A light halo is how much now, still? (granted this was partially user interference if I recall) That's a jox box item, that doesn't seem to matter.

And these spare inventory crates also serve a purpose as a treasure sink. So there'd be even more incentive to buy them.
Support. Not that I have any interest in any of the items in particular, I just don't see any real reason why not to. The crates are already so chock full of stuff that your chances of getting one of those specific items is incredibly low. I buy a box every month, and have been for a couple years now and I've YET to see any of the halos. Speaking of, look at those. A light halo is how much now, still? (granted this was partially user interference if I recall) That's a jox box item, that doesn't seem to matter.

And these spare inventory crates also serve a purpose as a treasure sink. So there'd be even more incentive to buy them.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
Speaking as someone with plenty of y1 stuff and almost every sprite because I was around back then, and who spent tens of thousands of gems filling in the missing stuff I liked the look of--yeah. Do it. I have all of the pieces I want, and I still say do it.

Calling these things "long term goals" when those goalposts keep getting moved (sometimes maliciously) is... questionable. If they were static in price? Sure. They're not.

Light haloes are an interesting mix of hard to get, versatile, and a popular look. I don't think most year one stuff would hold up as well if you put it in the same availability tier (2018 fest release with way more players around to farm them up, plus joxbox).
Speaking as someone with plenty of y1 stuff and almost every sprite because I was around back then, and who spent tens of thousands of gems filling in the missing stuff I liked the look of--yeah. Do it. I have all of the pieces I want, and I still say do it.

Calling these things "long term goals" when those goalposts keep getting moved (sometimes maliciously) is... questionable. If they were static in price? Sure. They're not.

Light haloes are an interesting mix of hard to get, versatile, and a popular look. I don't think most year one stuff would hold up as well if you put it in the same availability tier (2018 fest release with way more players around to farm them up, plus joxbox).
he is going to eat your cursorthat sure is a dragonto the endless gardenwould a loving god have created spiral anatomy?wherein I try to draw my lairbuy these dragons before they eat all my foodthere's nothing in this book. you've been had.accent shop
Definite support. Frankly, for the longevity of any game that involves collecting, having items that eventually become unobtainable kinda sucks. Sure, these items are goals for some people now, but eventually all existing copies are gonna end up on accounts that are abandoned, banned, or otherwise are not going to part with that item. Even if that doesn't ever actually happen, that fact still remains that it very well can and I don't really see how that's good for anyone.
Definite support. Frankly, for the longevity of any game that involves collecting, having items that eventually become unobtainable kinda sucks. Sure, these items are goals for some people now, but eventually all existing copies are gonna end up on accounts that are abandoned, banned, or otherwise are not going to part with that item. Even if that doesn't ever actually happen, that fact still remains that it very well can and I don't really see how that's good for anyone.
1vAtYxM.png
3EXA1Nv.png
Huge, huge, huge support. Aside from the great points people have already made as to why it’s time to make the change, there’s the fact that there really isn’t anything that strongly encourages keeping them inaccessible. If people want long-term goals they can try to get kickstarter items or rare dragons(really old, triple x g1, g2 imperials, etc). Items like the kickstarter rewards I can understand keeping rare(and thus expensive); people invested real money into the site and the rewards should reflect it.

But limiting fest items, which were once available to everyone on the site? That doesn’t feel like it rewards older players for having worked to get them so much as it just punishes newer players for… Being newer players. I can’t help that I didn’t know about the site’s existence in 2013, I didn’t even have an internet presence until late 2015! Why should I have to either spend years saving up in the hopes that I have enough gems to afford an item before nobody is selling it anymore, or just hope to win the lottery(when the item is even available) that also includes people who have plenty of extra money to spend? I don’t want to(and literally can’t) spend hundreds of dollars of real money on something, and it’s just upsetting to think I could have gotten these things while staying completely free to play if I had just joined earlier.

Like… Let me do the math to really put things into perspective. There’s a Light Sprite up for auction right now that costs 200kg. Outside gem sales, it costs $100 to buy 11500g. You could spend $1000 on gems right this instant, and it would only get you just over halfway to affording that item.

$1000. You could spend that much money and STILL be unable to afford something older players could get without spending a cent all because they happened to join earlier.

Is it really that unreasonable to think that’s ridiculous and unfair? Even most people who aren’t totally free to play probably couldn’t drop that much money on a png. For someone like me who doesn’t have the money to spend on something like this, it’s borderline impossible! The barrier has nothing to do with new players having no skill or dedication or patience, it’s solely because we didn’t find out about or join the site in time. Now it’s pretty much impossible for most of us to get these items, even if we really do want them.

If Night of the Nocturne could be adjusted for the sake of letting newer players catch up, why not these fest items? Putting them in Spare Inventory crates would be overall a good thing, there’s no denying that. Heck, I’d be fine if the odds to pull them were lower than the odds of the other fest items! It really isn’t necessary given how unlikely it is to pull any specific item already, but like. In my opinion, any chance to get something for 80kt that would otherwise cost several years of one’s life spent grinding, multiple months worth of wages, etc. is better than none.
Huge, huge, huge support. Aside from the great points people have already made as to why it’s time to make the change, there’s the fact that there really isn’t anything that strongly encourages keeping them inaccessible. If people want long-term goals they can try to get kickstarter items or rare dragons(really old, triple x g1, g2 imperials, etc). Items like the kickstarter rewards I can understand keeping rare(and thus expensive); people invested real money into the site and the rewards should reflect it.

But limiting fest items, which were once available to everyone on the site? That doesn’t feel like it rewards older players for having worked to get them so much as it just punishes newer players for… Being newer players. I can’t help that I didn’t know about the site’s existence in 2013, I didn’t even have an internet presence until late 2015! Why should I have to either spend years saving up in the hopes that I have enough gems to afford an item before nobody is selling it anymore, or just hope to win the lottery(when the item is even available) that also includes people who have plenty of extra money to spend? I don’t want to(and literally can’t) spend hundreds of dollars of real money on something, and it’s just upsetting to think I could have gotten these things while staying completely free to play if I had just joined earlier.

Like… Let me do the math to really put things into perspective. There’s a Light Sprite up for auction right now that costs 200kg. Outside gem sales, it costs $100 to buy 11500g. You could spend $1000 on gems right this instant, and it would only get you just over halfway to affording that item.

$1000. You could spend that much money and STILL be unable to afford something older players could get without spending a cent all because they happened to join earlier.

Is it really that unreasonable to think that’s ridiculous and unfair? Even most people who aren’t totally free to play probably couldn’t drop that much money on a png. For someone like me who doesn’t have the money to spend on something like this, it’s borderline impossible! The barrier has nothing to do with new players having no skill or dedication or patience, it’s solely because we didn’t find out about or join the site in time. Now it’s pretty much impossible for most of us to get these items, even if we really do want them.

If Night of the Nocturne could be adjusted for the sake of letting newer players catch up, why not these fest items? Putting them in Spare Inventory crates would be overall a good thing, there’s no denying that. Heck, I’d be fine if the odds to pull them were lower than the odds of the other fest items! It really isn’t necessary given how unlikely it is to pull any specific item already, but like. In my opinion, any chance to get something for 80kt that would otherwise cost several years of one’s life spent grinding, multiple months worth of wages, etc. is better than none.
Full support. Coming from someone that did the whole song and dance of saving up thousands of gems to buy all the sprites, I wouldn't be mad if it tanked the values to even half as the prices of them have basically tripled since then. It's very unlikely the prices would even dip that low if they were added, there's so many possible items and no easy way for someone to farm for joxboxes except to spend hundreds buying them off of the AH.
Full support. Coming from someone that did the whole song and dance of saving up thousands of gems to buy all the sprites, I wouldn't be mad if it tanked the values to even half as the prices of them have basically tripled since then. It's very unlikely the prices would even dip that low if they were added, there's so many possible items and no easy way for someone to farm for joxboxes except to spend hundreds buying them off of the AH.
bantam-Fanger.png
NefariousKing #221629

FR+2 | Bestiary Completionist
small dragon banner by Caprexes
[quote name="GalacticNova3" date="2023-11-15 13:30:28" ] If people want long-term goals they can try to get kickstarter items [/quote] Nooot really. At 10 years old, the Kickstarter stuff is already on its way to being extinct on the market. The numbers are very limited, and many of those items sit on locked or abandoned accounts. Mathematically, there aren't and never will be enough Kickstarter items for every user who wants to try for them. The y1 items are the only things that even come close to the value of it, too... Once they're re-released and their value levels out, there's no catching up to the Kickstarter stuff. 8I
GalacticNova3 wrote on 2023-11-15 13:30:28:
If people want long-term goals they can try to get kickstarter items

Nooot really.
At 10 years old, the Kickstarter stuff is already on its way to being extinct on the market.
The numbers are very limited, and many of those items sit on locked or abandoned accounts. Mathematically, there aren't and never will be enough Kickstarter items for every user who wants to try for them.

The y1 items are the only things that even come close to the value of it, too...
Once they're re-released and their value levels out, there's no catching up to the Kickstarter stuff. 8I
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Support. These things cost hundreds of REAL LIFE dollars if you were to purchase gems - also its not fair to consider them goals if the goalposts keep moving (as prices will always keep rising. its how limited items work!) as others have stated; this is dragon dress up. not an economy simulator
Support. These things cost hundreds of REAL LIFE dollars if you were to purchase gems - also its not fair to consider them goals if the goalposts keep moving (as prices will always keep rising. its how limited items work!) as others have stated; this is dragon dress up. not an economy simulator
73777054_X9QsO81F5wgP1li.gif
i don't have anything to promote. hi
[quote name="Zenzic" date="2023-11-15 15:49:00" ] [quote name="GalacticNova3" date="2023-11-15 13:30:28" ] If people want long-term goals they can try to get kickstarter items [/quote] Nooot really. At 10 years old, the Kickstarter stuff is already on its way to being extinct on the market. The numbers are very limited, and many of those items sit on locked or abandoned accounts. Mathematically, there aren't and never will be enough Kickstarter items for every user who wants to try for them. The y1 items are the only things that even come close to the value of it, too... Once they're re-released and their value levels out, there's no catching up to the Kickstarter stuff. 8I [/quote] I mean, given a very recent incident with a particular KS item, I personally think the KS stuff should also be unretired and made available in some way (preferably via the Achievements Shop as high-priced goals) but that's a suggestion for another thread. But keeping the Y1 items retired purely because they're the only things that can rival the value of the KS items though feels...not good. And "long-term goals" is different for everybody. Certain breeding projects can be long-term goals. Coli training can be a long-term goal. Geneing G1s, collecting Oldies, the list goes on.
Zenzic wrote on 2023-11-15 15:49:00:
GalacticNova3 wrote on 2023-11-15 13:30:28:
If people want long-term goals they can try to get kickstarter items

Nooot really.
At 10 years old, the Kickstarter stuff is already on its way to being extinct on the market.
The numbers are very limited, and many of those items sit on locked or abandoned accounts. Mathematically, there aren't and never will be enough Kickstarter items for every user who wants to try for them.

The y1 items are the only things that even come close to the value of it, too...
Once they're re-released and their value levels out, there's no catching up to the Kickstarter stuff. 8I

I mean, given a very recent incident with a particular KS item, I personally think the KS stuff should also be unretired and made available in some way (preferably via the Achievements Shop as high-priced goals) but that's a suggestion for another thread.

But keeping the Y1 items retired purely because they're the only things that can rival the value of the KS items though feels...not good. And "long-term goals" is different for everybody. Certain breeding projects can be long-term goals. Coli training can be a long-term goal. Geneing G1s, collecting Oldies, the list goes on.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34