Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Auction House Less Active?
1 2
I noticed recently that I'm making about half of what I made a couple years ago on selling dragons, and it's been pretty consistent for a while. Dragons just sit in my inventory for months at a time instead of weeks, no matter what their price range is.

I'm making more money selling food than I am selling dragons at this point, it's like I'm selling food to afford my dragon breeding/selling side business, when dragon breeding is entirely what I'm here for, and if that's the case I don't know why I'm still here.

At this point I'm suspicious. Is it something wrong with my inventory, or is the Auction House/Flight Rising userbase on the decline? I know this is a small website, very niche, but it's always been pretty active before.
I noticed recently that I'm making about half of what I made a couple years ago on selling dragons, and it's been pretty consistent for a while. Dragons just sit in my inventory for months at a time instead of weeks, no matter what their price range is.

I'm making more money selling food than I am selling dragons at this point, it's like I'm selling food to afford my dragon breeding/selling side business, when dragon breeding is entirely what I'm here for, and if that's the case I don't know why I'm still here.

At this point I'm suspicious. Is it something wrong with my inventory, or is the Auction House/Flight Rising userbase on the decline? I know this is a small website, very niche, but it's always been pretty active before.
also i sell dragons i guess. with a focus on sparkly ones.
b4qgdah.gif
i think it's the opposite. there are a lot of users, and a lot of unique cool looking dragons are born every day, so it gets harder to sell them due to a huge competition.
i think it's the opposite. there are a lot of users, and a lot of unique cool looking dragons are born every day, so it gets harder to sell them due to a huge competition.
markicha | she/her | +11 fr time
english is not my first language!

wishlist | adoptables | avatar
shwx1Vv.gifi'll keep wishing for a world where you can be happy shwx1Vv.gif
It's been a couple years and every dragon you sell is half a breeding pair to make identical dragons. If you're still breeding the same dragons/style of dragons you were two years ago it may mean there's simply no more market for your dragons since everyone who wanted one not only has one but they're also breeding more. Trends also change.

Have you checked the AH for similar dragons? For example triple Radioactives have been fodder price for years. There's 399 in the AH right now. At least 3 are fodder-priced and I've got one ready to be exalted soon that I picked up for 5g this week.

If you're truly here solely for the dragon breeding it might be time to get some new dragons to breed.
It's been a couple years and every dragon you sell is half a breeding pair to make identical dragons. If you're still breeding the same dragons/style of dragons you were two years ago it may mean there's simply no more market for your dragons since everyone who wanted one not only has one but they're also breeding more. Trends also change.

Have you checked the AH for similar dragons? For example triple Radioactives have been fodder price for years. There's 399 in the AH right now. At least 3 are fodder-priced and I've got one ready to be exalted soon that I picked up for 5g this week.

If you're truly here solely for the dragon breeding it might be time to get some new dragons to breed.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
People tend to want newer genes, very uncommon genes or color combos that are rareish. I sell out of dragons pretty regularly, even at 50kt a piece, because I had to breed the pairs myself.
People tend to want newer genes, very uncommon genes or color combos that are rareish. I sell out of dragons pretty regularly, even at 50kt a piece, because I had to breed the pairs myself.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Bigger player pool so more dragons; you just have more competition. That being said I run a casual history and make some good side money from it perhaps look at your dragons and how you price them.
Bigger player pool so more dragons; you just have more competition. That being said I run a casual history and make some good side money from it perhaps look at your dragons and how you price them.
62a28eab19423fd06c81c0b57758ea57b3848a75.png
42d22711d27254841bd07f96db6eb09fe438054c.png
Just like in real life, looks fade in and out of style. Try browsing the bigger hatcheries in DFS to see some of the well-selling color/gene combos of this year.
Just like in real life, looks fade in and out of style. Try browsing the bigger hatcheries in DFS to see some of the well-selling color/gene combos of this year.
: +3
: Yes

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
Thanks guys, all good ideas. I figured it was either a decline in users or a boom in users resulting in too much of a flood in the market.

Guess I'll retire some of my older pairs. Ain't nobody care about iridescent/shimmer anymore.
Thanks guys, all good ideas. I figured it was either a decline in users or a boom in users resulting in too much of a flood in the market.

Guess I'll retire some of my older pairs. Ain't nobody care about iridescent/shimmer anymore.
also i sell dragons i guess. with a focus on sparkly ones.
b4qgdah.gif
[quote name="Siliconmage" date="2023-11-06 04:26:02" ] Guess I'll retire some of my older pairs. Ain't nobody care about iridescent/shimmer anymore. [/quote] I personally love irishim! Paired with a newer tert they still look amazing. I've been on a huge cryface spree for several years now, because of the newer terts I keep finding new things to do with it (opal, veined, sparkle and I think firebreather might work nice too, haven't tried it yet) They sell well because I had to breed the colors in myself. You can find plenty of tarnish/tarnish dragons, but with cryface.. not so much. Heck, irishim is even worse. None. Nada. Not a single irishim tarnish/tarnish and it's such a beautiful color. I had that project once upon a time, but gave up on it.. I wanted tarnish/tarnish irishim wildclaws.. whew, no, that was too much lol it's been years, maybe I should try again. Just look at it! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=124&bodygene=1&breed=10&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=50&tertgene=161&winggene=1&wings=124&auth=f81ac4676be8b17d6c30d87f33bcdeefd3bb4b7e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Firebreather is the tert I didn't know I needed for him! Older genes definitely have their market, [i]because[/i] fewer people breed them, you just gotta find fresh things to do with them in combination with new genes. EDIT: bonus tarnish iri scry.. I love spirals with irishim and thylacine. Added bee for a little freshness. Creepy little bugbatsnake. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=124&bodygene=1&breed=7&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=56&tertgene=11&winggene=20&wings=76&auth=8e78987ab819bd8c93cb0df68a5a70c1ff599c5c&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Siliconmage wrote on 2023-11-06 04:26:02:

I personally love irishim! Paired with a newer tert they still look amazing.

I've been on a huge cryface spree for several years now, because of the newer terts I keep finding new things to do with it (opal, veined, sparkle and I think firebreather might work nice too, haven't tried it yet) They sell well because I had to breed the colors in myself. You can find plenty of tarnish/tarnish dragons, but with cryface.. not so much. Heck, irishim is even worse. None. Nada. Not a single irishim tarnish/tarnish and it's such a beautiful color. I had that project once upon a time, but gave up on it.. I wanted tarnish/tarnish irishim wildclaws.. whew, no, that was too much lol it's been years, maybe I should try again.

Just look at it!
dragon?age=1&body=124&bodygene=1&breed=10&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=50&tertgene=161&winggene=1&wings=124&auth=f81ac4676be8b17d6c30d87f33bcdeefd3bb4b7e&dummyext=prev.png
Firebreather is the tert I didn't know I needed for him!

Older genes definitely have their market, because fewer people breed them, you just gotta find fresh things to do with them in combination with new genes.

EDIT: bonus tarnish iri scry.. I love spirals with irishim and thylacine. Added bee for a little freshness. Creepy little bugbatsnake.

dragon?age=1&body=124&bodygene=1&breed=7&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=56&tertgene=11&winggene=20&wings=76&auth=8e78987ab819bd8c93cb0df68a5a70c1ff599c5c&dummyext=prev.png
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Just competition, it's a game of supply and demand

Everyone wants the new shiny. Most of my scry'd breeders' have already went to fodder price so I just don't breed them anymore (and just exhalt those babies for the most part)
Just competition, it's a game of supply and demand

Everyone wants the new shiny. Most of my scry'd breeders' have already went to fodder price so I just don't breed them anymore (and just exhalt those babies for the most part)
EpxpFk0.pngDEG9eQ2.png
You could try applying newer genes to your dragon pairs, too. I had a dedicated lavender iri/rose shimmer/seafoam circuit pair long ago and decided to freshen them up with more interesting genes: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/8721207][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/87213/8721207_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/12197722][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/121978/12197722_350.png[/img][/url] Their hatches tend to sell well despite having a formerly-popular color combo.
You could try applying newer genes to your dragon pairs, too. I had a dedicated lavender iri/rose shimmer/seafoam circuit pair long ago and decided to freshen them up with more interesting genes:

8721207_350.png

12197722_350.png

Their hatches tend to sell well despite having a formerly-popular color combo.
zqDx8gm.png mysticmeat.gif
1 2