Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [Lore Contest] Naomi G4s - Science Bbys
1 2 3
[center]Ello, it's about time for another lore contest from me I think. Because, you know, I totally do these so often /s. Anyways, I have two lovely Naomi G4s from Gilbert, my lovely and chaotic scientist. The kiddos up for raffle are as follows~ [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79718480][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/797185/79718480_350.png[/img][/url] Photon, Gil's fifth child. A lovely boy, if I say so myself. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89778553][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/897786/89778553_350.png[/img][/url] And Catastrophe, the third of her nest born on Friday the 13th last month. So, onto the rules and a vague prompt to help anyone who might need a push in a direction to write. [/center] _____ [b]Rules[/b] [LIST=1] [*]I only care about lore. Sorry to those who's talents might lie in different directions, but this contest is a lore contest. You're free to draw something/design an outfit to go with your lore but I will be making my decision based on what's written. [*]It doesn't have to be anything long, as long as effort has been put into it. [*]It doesn't have to be a story either. If you have a very cool idea, but don't have the words to put it into a written story, just explain it the best you can. (You would not believe how many words my friends and I have built based off of 'oh my god what if x happened, I could totally see something like y happening because of it.') [*]You're free to mention my dragons, however I am uncomfortable with them being used as villains/used in a negative manner. If you want to use a dragon but aren't sure if i'll approve, just feel free to ask. I don't bite. [*] You can write lore for both dragons but only win one~ [*] This contest will run from today 11/4/23 to 11/18/23 at 00:00 FR time. After that I will try to come to a decision within a few days but will not take longer than a week. [*] You don't have to keep the dragons as is if you win one! You're free to change everything about them, I just hope you keep the names is all. :) [*] Please ask if you have any questions, I'm happy to answer if I can. [*] [b]Post all entries in this topic please. Any sent in by PM will be ignored, sorry.[/b] [*] You can only enter once per dragon but you can change the entry as many times as you want by editing your post. However once the contest ends, you can no longer edit so please keep that in mind.[/list] Hopefully that covers everything but if needed I will add to the list so keep checking back. Now for the little prompt/lore blurb to hopefully help anyone who needs it. [LIST] [*]Gilbert's children are all...exciting in their own way. Some would call them chaotic, even. An interesting contrast to Verisai's balance, and [i]probably [/i]why she and Gilbert share the same clan. Gilbert tends to name his children after scientific terms (usually) that remind him of them, and usually they end up embodying those terms in some form. They don't have to adhere to that, and Gilbert has no issue with his kids choosing their own paths. If anything, he encourages it. [/list] And that's all I think! So, have fun and get creative and I'll ping the winners when the time comes. Good luck everyone.
Ello, it's about time for another lore contest from me I think. Because, you know, I totally do these so often /s.

Anyways, I have two lovely Naomi G4s from Gilbert, my lovely and chaotic scientist. The kiddos up for raffle are as follows~

79718480_350.png
Photon, Gil's fifth child. A lovely boy, if I say so myself.

89778553_350.png
And Catastrophe, the third of her nest born on Friday the 13th last month.

So, onto the rules and a vague prompt to help anyone who might need a push in a direction to write.
_____

Rules
  1. I only care about lore. Sorry to those who's talents might lie in different directions, but this contest is a lore contest. You're free to draw something/design an outfit to go with your lore but I will be making my decision based on what's written.
  2. It doesn't have to be anything long, as long as effort has been put into it.
  3. It doesn't have to be a story either. If you have a very cool idea, but don't have the words to put it into a written story, just explain it the best you can. (You would not believe how many words my friends and I have built based off of 'oh my god what if x happened, I could totally see something like y happening because of it.')
  4. You're free to mention my dragons, however I am uncomfortable with them being used as villains/used in a negative manner. If you want to use a dragon but aren't sure if i'll approve, just feel free to ask. I don't bite.
  5. You can write lore for both dragons but only win one~
  6. This contest will run from today 11/4/23 to 11/18/23 at 00:00 FR time. After that I will try to come to a decision within a few days but will not take longer than a week.
  7. You don't have to keep the dragons as is if you win one! You're free to change everything about them, I just hope you keep the names is all. :)
  8. Please ask if you have any questions, I'm happy to answer if I can.
  9. Post all entries in this topic please. Any sent in by PM will be ignored, sorry.
  10. You can only enter once per dragon but you can change the entry as many times as you want by editing your post. However once the contest ends, you can no longer edit so please keep that in mind.

Hopefully that covers everything but if needed I will add to the list so keep checking back.

Now for the little prompt/lore blurb to hopefully help anyone who needs it.
  • Gilbert's children are all...exciting in their own way. Some would call them chaotic, even. An interesting contrast to Verisai's balance, and probably why she and Gilbert share the same clan. Gilbert tends to name his children after scientific terms (usually) that remind him of them, and usually they end up embodying those terms in some form. They don't have to adhere to that, and Gilbert has no issue with his kids choosing their own paths. If anything, he encourages it.

And that's all I think! So, have fun and get creative and I'll ping the winners when the time comes. Good luck everyone.
fiFase7.png
I have my own interpretation of Naomi descendants lore and mechanics of lore surrounding them, so I'm kinda basing this loosely on that, I hope that's okay! Can be seen here for the rough idea of how I kinda see it. Also did some scries for the two out of curiosity!

Photon; "Despite the bulky and clumsy attributes of the Bogsneak, Photon has a knack for sneaky agility. As soon as you see him, Photon can be right behind you just as quick without you noticing. Photon rarely uses this maliciously; instead usually unintentionally spooking other dragons. In fact, his presence is often enjoyed by many. His smile just seemingly radiates positivity, putting others at ease. Those familiar with the effects of Shade blood on dragons, assume this is a more positive manifestation of his heritage."

Catastrophe; "Catastrophe is prone to spells of anxiety and paranoia, often rambling of visions of both nightmare scenarios, or the Gatekeeper and her entourage. Catastrophe often spends her time locked away in caves, afraid of the fears that may linger outside. Catastrophe hates her own tendency to fret over possible catastrophe, but she knows no other reality. No matter what, she cannot help the swirling storm of 'what if?'s in her own head. On the rare occassions she does leave, Catastrophe's anxieties and catastrophizing of her presence within the world, mount and physically alter her body. Her body shifts to gargantuan lengths, and she begins to nip and devour the flesh of her hindquarters in an ouroboros-like fashion. If interrupted, she usually takes to devouring them, instead. Once her anxieties are calmed, Catastrophe shrinks to her usual side, though this is a difficult feat to achieve. Usually only those closest her can calm her, like her scientist father. Catastrophe's ouroboros tendencies and leaning toward catastrophizing are theorized to be a far more unpleasant and life-altering manifestation of the Shade's touch within a dragon's blood."

A
b
I have my own interpretation of Naomi descendants lore and mechanics of lore surrounding them, so I'm kinda basing this loosely on that, I hope that's okay! Can be seen here for the rough idea of how I kinda see it. Also did some scries for the two out of curiosity!

Photon; "Despite the bulky and clumsy attributes of the Bogsneak, Photon has a knack for sneaky agility. As soon as you see him, Photon can be right behind you just as quick without you noticing. Photon rarely uses this maliciously; instead usually unintentionally spooking other dragons. In fact, his presence is often enjoyed by many. His smile just seemingly radiates positivity, putting others at ease. Those familiar with the effects of Shade blood on dragons, assume this is a more positive manifestation of his heritage."

Catastrophe; "Catastrophe is prone to spells of anxiety and paranoia, often rambling of visions of both nightmare scenarios, or the Gatekeeper and her entourage. Catastrophe often spends her time locked away in caves, afraid of the fears that may linger outside. Catastrophe hates her own tendency to fret over possible catastrophe, but she knows no other reality. No matter what, she cannot help the swirling storm of 'what if?'s in her own head. On the rare occassions she does leave, Catastrophe's anxieties and catastrophizing of her presence within the world, mount and physically alter her body. Her body shifts to gargantuan lengths, and she begins to nip and devour the flesh of her hindquarters in an ouroboros-like fashion. If interrupted, she usually takes to devouring them, instead. Once her anxieties are calmed, Catastrophe shrinks to her usual side, though this is a difficult feat to achieve. Usually only those closest her can calm her, like her scientist father. Catastrophe's ouroboros tendencies and leaning toward catastrophizing are theorized to be a far more unpleasant and life-altering manifestation of the Shade's touch within a dragon's blood."

A
b
NN9NPXA.png
hh5n4WA.png
mjtJ868.png
xuKF4fL.png
qhK4FYS.png
4ogWlJU.png
GmpJL9V.pngebgyVXC.pngu0xFVz1.pngEGzfMVW.pnghaRlyz4.pngPIMx6Ft.pngJ8hTK0d.pngsFMScix.pngPP1zJy5.png8UYUyIT.pngZdX5GDi.pnggc0eJjW.png
v8f8ZKI.png
aaa
Bump~
Bump~
fiFase7.png
Bump~
Bump~
fiFase7.png
Bump
Bump
fiFase7.png
Bump