Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Pinglists & More
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 73 74
Thanks Devs for a great new feature! I can't count the number of times I've seen people who are new to Google spreadsheets trying to set up self-editing pinglists, and forgetting to make it shareable, or needing a tutorial from passersby to help set things up. Having to reach out and notify people when you change usernames has been a big issue too. I never even considered an on-site pinglist tool, but I hope people find it handy! Thanks for giving us such a big window to explore and play around with this! The communication is amazing [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Footnote, but the custom skin system changes look amazing: super stoked for reprints!
Thanks Devs for a great new feature! I can't count the number of times I've seen people who are new to Google spreadsheets trying to set up self-editing pinglists, and forgetting to make it shareable, or needing a tutorial from passersby to help set things up. Having to reach out and notify people when you change usernames has been a big issue too.

I never even considered an on-site pinglist tool, but I hope people find it handy! Thanks for giving us such a big window to explore and play around with this! The communication is amazing

Footnote, but the custom skin system changes look amazing: super stoked for reprints!
A gentle soul who likes to help new players. Also called Mawk.

I love the idea, but like a lot of people are saying I feel like some of the small communities will be impacted by not being able to mass ping.

Perhaps the site could create a mass ping list, in there own section, like another npc dragon in the trading post. Make it similar to how the private pinglist work, like people adding themselves and removing themselves, unable to see who is on the list. BUT only any one could ping them. Maybe put a cap on how often people could ping them (24 hour cool down or 48 cool down). After someone is inactive for so long, make it so they're automatically removed so they aren't swamped with pings upon return.

But that would be a lot of categories to create for G1 and/or G1 doubles/triples, specific color combos, special IDs, etc. Maybe start out with a few and add for demand.

As someone who loves collecting a certain G1 color combo, removing offsite/mass pinglist would hinder me possibly finding them and the buyer missing out on a sale. What makes this game really fun is finding and collecting them and more often then not, I find them through pinglists. I'd much rather be ping'd then digging through the forms and MAYBE finding one for sale.
I love the idea, but like a lot of people are saying I feel like some of the small communities will be impacted by not being able to mass ping.

Perhaps the site could create a mass ping list, in there own section, like another npc dragon in the trading post. Make it similar to how the private pinglist work, like people adding themselves and removing themselves, unable to see who is on the list. BUT only any one could ping them. Maybe put a cap on how often people could ping them (24 hour cool down or 48 cool down). After someone is inactive for so long, make it so they're automatically removed so they aren't swamped with pings upon return.

But that would be a lot of categories to create for G1 and/or G1 doubles/triples, specific color combos, special IDs, etc. Maybe start out with a few and add for demand.

As someone who loves collecting a certain G1 color combo, removing offsite/mass pinglist would hinder me possibly finding them and the buyer missing out on a sale. What makes this game really fun is finding and collecting them and more often then not, I find them through pinglists. I'd much rather be ping'd then digging through the forms and MAYBE finding one for sale.
ygOPf5A.pngoIdI0nD.png
So just a quick question because it just popped into my head: Will the creator of the Pinglist be able to get notifications whenever someone subscribes, or is it a "You have to check daily" thing?
So just a quick question because it just popped into my head: Will the creator of the Pinglist be able to get notifications whenever someone subscribes, or is it a "You have to check daily" thing?
fLdYOuE.png2KAdknV.pnga129Nss.png5vnsOgE.pnguVEyOnT.pngWg1Qxoe.pngBjO3CiL.png6R7AJ1z.pngHJLIYn4.png
0hbaNke.png
I really like this update! The pinglist system is a godsend and I'm super excited for the pvp and skin-making tool! Y'all are doing great!
I really like this update! The pinglist system is a godsend and I'm super excited for the pvp and skin-making tool! Y'all are doing great!
4FoEmfRo_o.png
WOOAH THISS ISS SSO SWAGGER ... EXCITED !!!!!!
- SSUBSPACE
WOOAH THISS ISS SSO SWAGGER ... EXCITED !!!!!!
- SSUBSPACE

t

t
system (plural) 1 hour ahead of FR time
gear system • he/it collectively
resident roblox nerds & goobers
we hoard collect third wheels
art shop art dump
hello everybody
my name is Markiplier
and welcome to
five nights at freddy's
What an amazing surprise!! This update is so awesome! I got into skin making just this year and am so excited to put the Pinglists to good use! Seriously can't wait to see the skin process overhauled as well! Thanks so much for all your hard work!! <33
What an amazing surprise!! This update is so awesome! I got into skin making just this year and am so excited to put the Pinglists to good use! Seriously can't wait to see the skin process overhauled as well! Thanks so much for all your hard work!! <33
01547b70441cd57956c9fa35703052f03d2c34b2.png _ LP/Parade
She/Her
FR+3

Art Shop
Skin Shop
Free Likes
Bounties
__ LittleParade.gif _
I think removing the ability to mass ping is going to be a really bad idea, especially for large community events like Dom watch :/
I think removing the ability to mass ping is going to be a really bad idea, especially for large community events like Dom watch :/
Elsie | She / they|
I have a wishlist / trading thread! x
7J1Hgbi.pngYya65zH.pngy6Tz96p.png
Thank you for the update! [emoji=coatl love size=1] Coli PVP is very high on my hype list (I really really want to bring back Blacksand Battledome!) and I'm even more excited to hear that the skin/accent system is going to be getting more streamlined as well. Majorly looking forward to seeing these two coming out of development. [emoji=rainbow size=1]
Thank you for the update! Coli PVP is very high on my hype list (I really really want to bring back Blacksand Battledome!) and I'm even more excited to hear that the skin/accent system is going to be getting more streamlined as well. Majorly looking forward to seeing these two coming out of development.
UL8LHAi.png
A N . I N J U R Y . T O . O N E
art shop | hatchery | theme song
I S . A N . I N J U R Y . T O . A L L
Also - I don't see any mention of how pinglists interact with blocking? Presumably if I have a person blocked, they cannot join my pinglist, but what if the person joins and then blocks me, will they still be getting the pings? Or what if they join, but then I block them? What if the person is banned, can the pinglist be deleted? (Can they be deleted in the first place?)

CRs have (had?) a bug where if a person got banned, the CR couldn't be canceled, so I'd fear that blocking/banning might have an unfortunate interaction with pinglists too.
Also - I don't see any mention of how pinglists interact with blocking? Presumably if I have a person blocked, they cannot join my pinglist, but what if the person joins and then blocks me, will they still be getting the pings? Or what if they join, but then I block them? What if the person is banned, can the pinglist be deleted? (Can they be deleted in the first place?)

CRs have (had?) a bug where if a person got banned, the CR couldn't be canceled, so I'd fear that blocking/banning might have an unfortunate interaction with pinglists too.
JQQ3Fjt.png
i would like to point out more thoroughly how this will have a profound and negative impact on the game economy.

collecting will rely on being in the right place at the right time, rather than the established and reliable system that has been generated and tested for players. the current pinglist standards and etiquette, as they stand, are based on years of player trial and error. we all understand that off-site harassment using these user-run lists is horrible, but they are a massive part of the community and trading economy.

without pinglists, users will have to rely on the forums, the auction house/marketplace, or individual users’ pinglists to fulfill collecting goals. of course that is was the forums are for, but user-generated tools make sure that information that is not readily available on-site, nor imitable by any current site feature, is shown to users who are specifically interested in that information.

removal of mass pings removes a massive system of advertisement that isn’t possible to replicate on flight rising. many users are adults who are unable to camp in sales forums or the auction house to find a dragon, item, or skin we are interested in. many users rely on reaching a bigger audience than just the forums to find interested buyers.

dominance, skins and accents, dragon collecting in general, pinglists that curate particular items… this update will destroy parts of the user economy that are extremely important to dedicated players. flight rising is an amazing community and this update dashes through literal years of hard work and development of the economy. it is extremely important that this is understood, because it is not trivial in any way. this could make huge waves within the game economy and i think that it needs to be specifically addressed by any further updates.
i would like to point out more thoroughly how this will have a profound and negative impact on the game economy.

collecting will rely on being in the right place at the right time, rather than the established and reliable system that has been generated and tested for players. the current pinglist standards and etiquette, as they stand, are based on years of player trial and error. we all understand that off-site harassment using these user-run lists is horrible, but they are a massive part of the community and trading economy.

without pinglists, users will have to rely on the forums, the auction house/marketplace, or individual users’ pinglists to fulfill collecting goals. of course that is was the forums are for, but user-generated tools make sure that information that is not readily available on-site, nor imitable by any current site feature, is shown to users who are specifically interested in that information.

removal of mass pings removes a massive system of advertisement that isn’t possible to replicate on flight rising. many users are adults who are unable to camp in sales forums or the auction house to find a dragon, item, or skin we are interested in. many users rely on reaching a bigger audience than just the forums to find interested buyers.

dominance, skins and accents, dragon collecting in general, pinglists that curate particular items… this update will destroy parts of the user economy that are extremely important to dedicated players. flight rising is an amazing community and this update dashes through literal years of hard work and development of the economy. it is extremely important that this is understood, because it is not trivial in any way. this could make huge waves within the game economy and i think that it needs to be specifically addressed by any further updates.
Zx2FH9a.png
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 73 74