Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Don't limit pings - it'll destroy tools
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20
Support! Mass pings are valuable for tools to get specific accent/g1/id pings, but also used in dominance programs pretty much every week - like informing when raffle ends, programs opening, in and out of flight stuff etc
Support! Mass pings are valuable for tools to get specific accent/g1/id pings, but also used in dominance programs pretty much every week - like informing when raffle ends, programs opening, in and out of flight stuff etc
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
Huge support as always; first thing I thought of was GASP tbh
Huge support as always; first thing I thought of was GASP tbh
62a28eab19423fd06c81c0b57758ea57b3848a75.png
42d22711d27254841bd07f96db6eb09fe438054c.png
[quote name="Doglover287915" date="2023-10-26 10:16:36" ] I think one good compromise may be to keep mass pings but add the ability for specific users to block mass pings only. This way users who don't interact with mass pings can avoid them and only use pinglists they want to be on without breaking tools. Also temporary pinglists could be a good idea so people can join the spectators pinglist for a raffle but the creator can then delete that list or set a time for it to be deleted automatically. [/quote] hard seconding this. disabling notifications for mass pings makes it so people can skirt the issue if they want while not breaking any existing lists.
Doglover287915 wrote on 2023-10-26 10:16:36:
I think one good compromise may be to keep mass pings but add the ability for specific users to block mass pings only.

This way users who don't interact with mass pings can avoid them and only use pinglists they want to be on without breaking tools.

Also temporary pinglists could be a good idea so people can join the spectators pinglist for a raffle but the creator can then delete that list or set a time for it to be deleted automatically.

hard seconding this. disabling notifications for mass pings makes it so people can skirt the issue if they want while not breaking any existing lists.
terrariums_by_pinkpprince-d6xcxfp.gif
support, i was wondering how this would effect gasp and its sad that it looks like it'd kill it entirely :[
support, i was wondering how this would effect gasp and its sad that it looks like it'd kill it entirely :[
I wonder if some sort of 'nested pings' feature would also help with the GASP-type pings? Because as of now, if we made a pinglist for say, Bogsneaks, Pastel skins, and galaxy themed skins... that's three pings you would get for 1 skin. That's a lot of notifications. Perhaps some sort of code that goes like [code][pinglist=14,34,233][/code] would ping those three pinglists, but remove the duplicates? Idunno if it's possible to implement that, but it would revive some GASP functionality I think?
I wonder if some sort of 'nested pings' feature would also help with the GASP-type pings?

Because as of now, if we made a pinglist for say, Bogsneaks, Pastel skins, and galaxy themed skins... that's three pings you would get for 1 skin. That's a lot of notifications.

Perhaps some sort of code that goes like
Code:
[pinglist=14,34,233]

would ping those three pinglists, but remove the duplicates? Idunno if it's possible to implement that, but it would revive some GASP functionality I think?
WenPrLS.png
Huge support. I understand the point the devs make about security, but killing off effective means of pinging that have existed for years now is not the way to go without first fleshing out the new system to accommodate what people are used to.
Huge support. I understand the point the devs make about security, but killing off effective means of pinging that have existed for years now is not the way to go without first fleshing out the new system to accommodate what people are used to.
tumblr_inline_ofoo1he8Ky1tfmvub_100.png
Support: mass pings are an essential part of community building on FR and while they have their flaws and drawbacks, losing them entirely would be a huge blow.
Support: mass pings are an essential part of community building on FR and while they have their flaws and drawbacks, losing them entirely would be a huge blow.
Td4lBWl.png
[quote name="Mitchy" date="2023-10-26 10:36:21" ] [quote name="Doglover287915" date="2023-10-26 10:16:36" ] I think one good compromise may be to keep mass pings but add the ability for specific users to block mass pings only. This way users who don't interact with mass pings can avoid them and only use pinglists they want to be on without breaking tools. Also temporary pinglists could be a good idea so people can join the spectators pinglist for a raffle but the creator can then delete that list or set a time for it to be deleted automatically. [/quote] don't support (unless edited...) because i feel like it doesnt address the issue how does this address the issue of people that want to be mass pinged for certain things, but are being harrassed offline and added to pinglists they dont want to be on? i assumed this was what staff was attempting to address [/quote] Considering that community-run mass pinglists are usually soft divided by sub-forum (e.g. Skins & Accents for GASP, FRD for Dom Watch, etc) it might help to toggle disabling mass-ping on a per sub-forum basis.
Mitchy wrote on 2023-10-26 10:36:21:
Doglover287915 wrote on 2023-10-26 10:16:36:
I think one good compromise may be to keep mass pings but add the ability for specific users to block mass pings only.

This way users who don't interact with mass pings can avoid them and only use pinglists they want to be on without breaking tools.

Also temporary pinglists could be a good idea so people can join the spectators pinglist for a raffle but the creator can then delete that list or set a time for it to be deleted automatically.
don't support (unless edited...) because i feel like it doesnt address the issue

how does this address the issue of people that want to be mass pinged for certain things, but are being harrassed offline and added to pinglists they dont want to be on? i assumed this was what staff was attempting to address

Considering that community-run mass pinglists are usually soft divided by sub-forum (e.g. Skins & Accents for GASP, FRD for Dom Watch, etc) it might help to toggle disabling mass-ping on a per sub-forum basis.
jA0Unwf.gif
Support. This is not only going to get messy for multiple people running these pinglists, but the people subscribed to them as well.
Support. This is not only going to get messy for multiple people running these pinglists, but the people subscribed to them as well.
They/Them // Adult // FR +3

Offsite / Mass Hatch / Hatchery
Adding onto this in general, people have mentioned that this would push people to move mass-pinglists offsite, which would make them less trackable— as someone who doesn't use Discord at all, I would like to add that this would also be exclusionary to part of the population by making use of an offsite chat client required to interact with various features.

I would much prefer making the pinglist system more adaptable or retaining the ability to mass ping while giving users protection against harassment in this way.
Adding onto this in general, people have mentioned that this would push people to move mass-pinglists offsite, which would make them less trackable— as someone who doesn't use Discord at all, I would like to add that this would also be exclusionary to part of the population by making use of an offsite chat client required to interact with various features.

I would much prefer making the pinglist system more adaptable or retaining the ability to mass ping while giving users protection against harassment in this way.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20