Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Pinglists & More
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 73 74
omg tysm!! these features are awesome and im really happy about them!! the new skin system especially looks so awesome, might actually try my hand at making one once it releases!

(edit: read through it again, it'd be really awesome to have the ability to toggle whether or not pinglists can be used only by the OP or by anyone, especially for currency exchange/nest rental/trading forums)

i hope we get more quality of life updates like this in the future, im a huge fan of them!! :D
omg tysm!! these features are awesome and im really happy about them!! the new skin system especially looks so awesome, might actually try my hand at making one once it releases!

(edit: read through it again, it'd be really awesome to have the ability to toggle whether or not pinglists can be used only by the OP or by anyone, especially for currency exchange/nest rental/trading forums)

i hope we get more quality of life updates like this in the future, im a huge fan of them!! :D
Link to my art shop Yeah Pasta
they/he wizard
dragons for sale
Welcome to the Pasta Bowl
Slop Smonday!
while i do like in-house pinglists, currently feel strongly that implementation is very...surface level. This at current iteration breaks more than helps .

edit: wait..i cant add (as in: transfer from other notes) ppl to pinglists? they need to sub themselves?
i foresee many annoyances.
while i do like in-house pinglists, currently feel strongly that implementation is very...surface level. This at current iteration breaks more than helps .

edit: wait..i cant add (as in: transfer from other notes) ppl to pinglists? they need to sub themselves?
i foresee many annoyances.
aaaaaaaaa
*-
the pinglist feature is totally unexpected to me, but it seems REALLY cool!!

I am worried about the fact that mass pings are being fully taken away though

for example, the GASP pinglist; it has a lot of specific opt-in AND opt-out features (such as opting in for all silks umas but opting out of anything with eye imagery), or opt-ins for things that are way too specific for an on-site pinglist (such as wanting ONLY snapper f skins with ONLY flower motifs), and I don't see how stuff like that could work with the new on-site system?

another problem I see is that some daily pinglists, like the marketplace flash sale pinglist or the swipp's swap pinglist, which require pinging by random people. so unless the creator of the thread/pinglist is going to be doing all of the pings (which isn't feasible), the fact that people other than the creator of the pinglist can't use said pinglist COMBINED with the fact that mass pings aren't allowed is a problem

it's still a really cool feature, I just hope there's some solution to the above points? maybe I'm misunderstanding parts of the feature too, but yeah. taking out mass pings seems like a mistake, so I hope it doesn't happen!

I am SUPER excited for all of the uma creation changes though, I can't wait to see those implemented!
the pinglist feature is totally unexpected to me, but it seems REALLY cool!!

I am worried about the fact that mass pings are being fully taken away though

for example, the GASP pinglist; it has a lot of specific opt-in AND opt-out features (such as opting in for all silks umas but opting out of anything with eye imagery), or opt-ins for things that are way too specific for an on-site pinglist (such as wanting ONLY snapper f skins with ONLY flower motifs), and I don't see how stuff like that could work with the new on-site system?

another problem I see is that some daily pinglists, like the marketplace flash sale pinglist or the swipp's swap pinglist, which require pinging by random people. so unless the creator of the thread/pinglist is going to be doing all of the pings (which isn't feasible), the fact that people other than the creator of the pinglist can't use said pinglist COMBINED with the fact that mass pings aren't allowed is a problem

it's still a really cool feature, I just hope there's some solution to the above points? maybe I'm misunderstanding parts of the feature too, but yeah. taking out mass pings seems like a mistake, so I hope it doesn't happen!

I am SUPER excited for all of the uma creation changes though, I can't wait to see those implemented!
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
I like the idea of a pinglist system, but please keep mass pinglists a thing! Theyre very useful for many things such as for dom, GASP and more. A limit of 12 pings just isnt enough to cover how many people sign up for those pinglists!

Its nice finally getting to hear about PvP returning. And the skin system seems like it'll be really great too!
I like the idea of a pinglist system, but please keep mass pinglists a thing! Theyre very useful for many things such as for dom, GASP and more. A limit of 12 pings just isnt enough to cover how many people sign up for those pinglists!

Its nice finally getting to hear about PvP returning. And the skin system seems like it'll be really great too!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@dearagony || it/its || +3 fr
I’m super excited about pinglists, but please reconsider removing mass pings entirely - there are a lot of good pinglists that would not be able to function anymore. I understand this will prevent spam/harassment but a lot of users use things like GASP or G1 hoarders, which can’t be replicated via this system! Please allow players to use this option while still also having an unofficial version in use.

Mass pings are also important in case I need to notify people something has changed (ex. a few runs of some skins) without pinging EVERYONE involved.
I’m super excited about pinglists, but please reconsider removing mass pings entirely - there are a lot of good pinglists that would not be able to function anymore. I understand this will prevent spam/harassment but a lot of users use things like GASP or G1 hoarders, which can’t be replicated via this system! Please allow players to use this option while still also having an unofficial version in use.

Mass pings are also important in case I need to notify people something has changed (ex. a few runs of some skins) without pinging EVERYONE involved.
yahahahactoWWO2.png yahaha
Was anyone else browsing the forums while the site was down and saw the pinglist button get added live?

Anyways, can't wait for PvP to come back! I actually don't remember the last time I was able to play it.
Was anyone else browsing the forums while the site was down and saw the pinglist button get added live?

Anyways, can't wait for PvP to come back! I actually don't remember the last time I was able to play it.
Sulli | He/Him | Adult | Pings Allowed
See profile for other information.
The mass ping system seems a little out of touch with why people curate off site or large ping lists that can be easily added or edited, I can see this causing a lot of issues unintentionally for various player run systems (maintaining GASP seems like it spild be horrible with this system, you can't add or remove yourself from multiple pinglists, or things like dom watch).

If you're committed to this system I'd suggest thinking about being able to make your pinglist publicly usable so it can be shared around programs where you have multiple people responsible for pinging players. I imagine the intention is to address nuisance pings but I also agree with people who believe this will cause more harm to the community in the long run.

E: update on vs mode is neat, I've been used to seeing "coming soon" on the coli page for years hah
The mass ping system seems a little out of touch with why people curate off site or large ping lists that can be easily added or edited, I can see this causing a lot of issues unintentionally for various player run systems (maintaining GASP seems like it spild be horrible with this system, you can't add or remove yourself from multiple pinglists, or things like dom watch).

If you're committed to this system I'd suggest thinking about being able to make your pinglist publicly usable so it can be shared around programs where you have multiple people responsible for pinging players. I imagine the intention is to address nuisance pings but I also agree with people who believe this will cause more harm to the community in the long run.

E: update on vs mode is neat, I've been used to seeing "coming soon" on the coli page for years hah
raccoon.png
This is an absolutely amazing update. You guys are incredible and work so hard!
This is an absolutely amazing update. You guys are incredible and work so hard!
untamedwilds_banner_rectangle_100.png
Only pinglist owners being able to ping is not a good idea. Being able to limit it to that is good, but I think there should be the ability to let everyone ping a ping list. I suspect it's a backend issue with how it was designed, but... There are so many places where pinglists are common and used by multiple or many - GASP, Dom heads, etc. Using Wind Dom as an example - we have at least 2-3 people who ping for Dom. We have a thread for people with lots of fodder dragons to sell in-flight who don't want to use the Wind AH, and there's a pinglist for that. Dom Watch has multiple authors so one person doesn't get burnt out.

Additionally, following up on G1 hoarders- one of the things that the G1 hoarders pinglist has is the ability to subset the pinglists, so you're not on 1 pinglist, you can put yourself on like. 20. or have them customizable. I haven't used the G1 hoarders pinglists in a long time, but I remember there was a lot of "I want to ping people who are interested in a male triple with light eyes" and being able to pull just those people out. That's not something this will be able to do, and removing the ability to mass ping will utterly break that functionality.

This is great in concept, but it feels like the people who designed the solution only viewed this in terms of "hey I want to make a pinglist for my hatchery!" or "I'm going to have a pinglist for this particular skin."

This being said - it is, at present, very easy to get your hands on a pinglist and do some masspinging. Pinglists that are usable by anyone is more or less the status quo right now.

So basically: Great concept! I love the idea! I think it's a great and long needed addition to the site! But please look at how pinglists are actually used and try to fix that before removing mass pings.

(edited cause I put GASP when I meant G1 hoarders)
Only pinglist owners being able to ping is not a good idea. Being able to limit it to that is good, but I think there should be the ability to let everyone ping a ping list. I suspect it's a backend issue with how it was designed, but... There are so many places where pinglists are common and used by multiple or many - GASP, Dom heads, etc. Using Wind Dom as an example - we have at least 2-3 people who ping for Dom. We have a thread for people with lots of fodder dragons to sell in-flight who don't want to use the Wind AH, and there's a pinglist for that. Dom Watch has multiple authors so one person doesn't get burnt out.

Additionally, following up on G1 hoarders- one of the things that the G1 hoarders pinglist has is the ability to subset the pinglists, so you're not on 1 pinglist, you can put yourself on like. 20. or have them customizable. I haven't used the G1 hoarders pinglists in a long time, but I remember there was a lot of "I want to ping people who are interested in a male triple with light eyes" and being able to pull just those people out. That's not something this will be able to do, and removing the ability to mass ping will utterly break that functionality.

This is great in concept, but it feels like the people who designed the solution only viewed this in terms of "hey I want to make a pinglist for my hatchery!" or "I'm going to have a pinglist for this particular skin."

This being said - it is, at present, very easy to get your hands on a pinglist and do some masspinging. Pinglists that are usable by anyone is more or less the status quo right now.

So basically: Great concept! I love the idea! I think it's a great and long needed addition to the site! But please look at how pinglists are actually used and try to fix that before removing mass pings.

(edited cause I put GASP when I meant G1 hoarders)
[quote name="Goldia" date="2023-10-26 09:41:14" ] Quick note: the widget isn't aligning to the centre even though I've wrapped it in the approriate code: [...] Can this be amended to work? [/quote] Good catch @Goldia! That was a mistake and should now be fixed.
Goldia wrote on 2023-10-26 09:41:14:
Quick note: the widget isn't aligning to the centre even though I've wrapped it in the approriate code:

[...]

Can this be amended to work?

Good catch @Goldia! That was a mistake and should now be fixed.
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 73 74