Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Pinglists & More
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 73 74
I am SUPER hyped for the skin system updates and the new pinglists! I do have a concern, though -- a lot of the existing pinglists I know of are meant for anyone to be able to use, like for example when they're selling something that the listed members are interested in buying and have opted in to hearing about. If the new pinglists can only be used by the creator, and mass pings are banned, then that functionality is totally lost -- you can't do it automatically or manually. Is this a bug or a feature?
I am SUPER hyped for the skin system updates and the new pinglists! I do have a concern, though -- a lot of the existing pinglists I know of are meant for anyone to be able to use, like for example when they're selling something that the listed members are interested in buying and have opted in to hearing about. If the new pinglists can only be used by the creator, and mass pings are banned, then that functionality is totally lost -- you can't do it automatically or manually. Is this a bug or a feature?
Being able to leave a pinglist without asking to be removed... I never thought I could be this powerful
Being able to leave a pinglist without asking to be removed... I never thought I could be this powerful
Breed Every (Primary) Color Checklist [Guardian/Nocturne Rainbow Challenge]
The Rainbow Swarm Checklist [Veilspun Rainbow Challenge]
Bogshot [Longshot Basic-to-Rare Challenge]
Weekly egg until no more egg

zOT9E44.pngNcJZJ06.pngWjJZ2Rn.pngmlHpBMC.png
yooo these are great additions looking forward to this!
yooo these are great additions looking forward to this!
28932619_ol7.gif ...
tyrian | she/her | +3
tumblr | toyhouse | fandragons
this is really cool!
this is really cool!
zB19SBJ.png8fBnDGq.pngtumblr_inline_pk7sfnQusu1tp8wp9_1280.png
hey guys, i love you all very much and i respect what youve tried to do with pinglists, and infact the concept itself is awesome and im excited about it, but somehow youve managed to miss out some of the single most important mechanics/communities on this site. GASP and G1 pinglists have already been mentioned - but ill bring mine to the table; dominance coordination. im a dom coord for the lightning flight, and i NEED access to pinglists my fellow coords curate. we have a general dom pinglist for the whole flight, and then for various projects and programs which any coord may need access to at any one time. without any way to use other pinglists, this aspect of dominance is completely ruined. if i need to take over my fellow coords post, or program, or ping our artists or event runners, how can i do that if im not the pinglist owner? i genuinely dont know how this made it to the site without this being taken into consideration. i know why it had to happen, and i appreciate the effort to protect users, but somehow weve managed to throw several major aspects of the site under the bus because of one whole person. this feature has tons of potential but needed more time in development to not completely break anything. i admit this is the first time ever im slightly disappointed in the dev team, and i hate that! but with how close attention you usually pay to detail, this just completely boggles my mind. please reconsider the ownership ruling and explore other solutions, even if its just to allow multiple admins on a list. please also look at the very real possibility of a list being abandoned by someone - event, dom, etc coords that leave or have real life take them away. theres about a million reasons more than one person needs access to a pinglist, so yeah. please review this! thanks guys [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
hey guys, i love you all very much and i respect what youve tried to do with pinglists, and infact the concept itself is awesome and im excited about it, but somehow youve managed to miss out some of the single most important mechanics/communities on this site.

GASP and G1 pinglists have already been mentioned - but ill bring mine to the table; dominance coordination.

im a dom coord for the lightning flight, and i NEED access to pinglists my fellow coords curate. we have a general dom pinglist for the whole flight, and then for various projects and programs which any coord may need access to at any one time.

without any way to use other pinglists, this aspect of dominance is completely ruined. if i need to take over my fellow coords post, or program, or ping our artists or event runners, how can i do that if im not the pinglist owner?

i genuinely dont know how this made it to the site without this being taken into consideration. i know why it had to happen, and i appreciate the effort to protect users, but somehow weve managed to throw several major aspects of the site under the bus because of one whole person. this feature has tons of potential but needed more time in development to not completely break anything. i admit this is the first time ever im slightly disappointed in the dev team, and i hate that! but with how close attention you usually pay to detail, this just completely boggles my mind.

please reconsider the ownership ruling and explore other solutions, even if its just to allow multiple admins on a list. please also look at the very real possibility of a list being abandoned by someone - event, dom, etc coords that leave or have real life take them away. theres about a million reasons more than one person needs access to a pinglist, so yeah. please review this! thanks guys
z6T37Eh.png
DaaGADQ.png
bgYKZct.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
-
Ouro : 24 : They/Xey/She
Lightning Dom Coordinator
I love pings! I don't bite~
- reactorfour_kalashnikov.pngreactorfour_ted2.png
I don't think this has been thought through, sorry.

People being able to make pinglists for their threads easily? Wonderful.

Removing mass pings? Really bad. This is is required for so many things in the community.

I hope you reconsider doing that because it is integral to things like dom watch and specifically the G1 community, who use these features for sales and interest checks. As someone who buys G1s, I literally do not have time to sit on the Dragon Sales forum to see everything that's available.

You say it's to cut down traffic to help the site run but what is going to happen now is everyone excessively bumping sales threads so people actually get to see their sales.
I don't think this has been thought through, sorry.

People being able to make pinglists for their threads easily? Wonderful.

Removing mass pings? Really bad. This is is required for so many things in the community.

I hope you reconsider doing that because it is integral to things like dom watch and specifically the G1 community, who use these features for sales and interest checks. As someone who buys G1s, I literally do not have time to sit on the Dragon Sales forum to see everything that's available.

You say it's to cut down traffic to help the site run but what is going to happen now is everyone excessively bumping sales threads so people actually get to see their sales.
Heart.gif
I posted already but I've been looking through the thread and I agree with what other people are saying: I'm really worried how this will affect Dom and Dom pinglist, since we need to be able to use the same pinglist by different people in multiple threads. I'm really excited for in house pinglist but I don't think they will work for everything and we need to be able to use both
I posted already but I've been looking through the thread and I agree with what other people are saying: I'm really worried how this will affect Dom and Dom pinglist, since we need to be able to use the same pinglist by different people in multiple threads. I'm really excited for in house pinglist but I don't think they will work for everything and we need to be able to use both
Veridian Brewing Co Gladeveins Battle Guild Blossom Buddies Adopts Pride Phrogs! They/them
He/him
Neurodivergent
American
FR time +0
This is kind of scary to be honest, just think of all the backbones of FR community like GASP, Dom Watch, G1 Hoarders and so many more, removing large pinglists would ruin all of them.
This is kind of scary to be honest, just think of all the backbones of FR community like GASP, Dom Watch, G1 Hoarders and so many more, removing large pinglists would ruin all of them.
@Yews they/them
My favourite dragon
Arcane Battlestone Bank
Arcane Food Bank
secrets_for_center_purposes
01110111 01101000 01111001 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110100 01110010 01100001 01101110 01110011 01101100 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100100 01100001 01101101 01101110 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101110 01110101 01110100
ssecretssFRT +10
secreteswSnrS.png
secretHouhGS9.pngsecret
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2023-10-26 09:21:29" ] [b]IMPORTANT NOTE[/b]: The ping command can [b]only[/b] be used by the pinglist's creator, so no one can co-opt your pinglist to annoy other players. ... [b]One final note[/b]: In the near future, [b]we will be removing the option to send "mass pings"[/b]. Simply put, this means the method of pinging multiple users that has existed until now. [/quote] I don't know about anyone else, but this combo is scary - I'm personally a part of a group that tries to save older dragons, and we use off-site pinglists to notify people about specific dragons we find and want to rehome (seperated down to breed, colors, birthdays even!), and with so many people, each list easily has more then 12 people. If only the pinglist's creator can use them, does this mean that each person in that group will have to make their own pinglist? Genuinely asking :O
Xhaztol wrote on 2023-10-26 09:21:29:
IMPORTANT NOTE: The ping command can only be used by the pinglist's creator, so no one can co-opt your pinglist to annoy other players.

One final note: In the near future, we will be removing the option to send "mass pings". Simply put, this means the method of pinging multiple users that has existed until now.

I don't know about anyone else, but this combo is scary - I'm personally a part of a group that tries to save older dragons, and we use off-site pinglists to notify people about specific dragons we find and want to rehome (seperated down to breed, colors, birthdays even!), and with so many people, each list easily has more then 12 people. If only the pinglist's creator can use them, does this mean that each person in that group will have to make their own pinglist? Genuinely asking :O
I'm love dragons
Stock The Pond
Sales Tab
Wishlist
Dragonomics
esTzyu8.png
Hi folks, thank you for sharing your concerns and your feedback with us regarding the sunsetting of mass-pings.

Part of the decision making process with pinglists involved the ongoing and widespread harassment via off-site spreadsheets by malicious third-parties. When we reviewed the situation, we determined that even if we were able to identify the responsible party, these off-site spreadsheets remain open to public anonymous edits. This would mean once a malicious third-party gained access to your spreadsheet URL, they wouldn't even need a Flight Rising account to engage in harassment by exploiting our (legal, regulatory, and literal) inability to review offsite identifying data.

This is a new system, mass pings aren't capped/sunset yet, and we will be watching and monitoring pinglist use data. This transition period is the time for you to play with the feature, work with it, use it, and give us your feedback on your experience using the new system. We can and are launching this with the understanding we may need to re-evaluate, but we can't go back to the open-ended and offsite system that allowed for ongoing harassment campaigns.
Hi folks, thank you for sharing your concerns and your feedback with us regarding the sunsetting of mass-pings.

Part of the decision making process with pinglists involved the ongoing and widespread harassment via off-site spreadsheets by malicious third-parties. When we reviewed the situation, we determined that even if we were able to identify the responsible party, these off-site spreadsheets remain open to public anonymous edits. This would mean once a malicious third-party gained access to your spreadsheet URL, they wouldn't even need a Flight Rising account to engage in harassment by exploiting our (legal, regulatory, and literal) inability to review offsite identifying data.

This is a new system, mass pings aren't capped/sunset yet, and we will be watching and monitoring pinglist use data. This transition period is the time for you to play with the feature, work with it, use it, and give us your feedback on your experience using the new system. We can and are launching this with the understanding we may need to re-evaluate, but we can't go back to the open-ended and offsite system that allowed for ongoing harassment campaigns.
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 73 74