Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A way to cancel Nests
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Extreme support, but making it so that the dragons still have to go through a cooldown as normal for sure.

I literally just last week had an accident involving one of the first borns of my progen couple falling crotch first into a fodder breeder of mine thanks to the atrocious mobile site. Luckily all five of the babies came out with great potential but had i had the option to cancel the nest, I would’ve.

On the flipside like others have mentioned in this thread, all of this could be avoided if the devs were to implement a toggle for individual dragons to prevent them from even showing up in the dropdown list to begin with (a celebacy toggle if you will). It’s very annoying when you have dozens of dragons that you don’t plan on ever breeding show up among the ones that you do. Both of these would make for a massive quality of life improvement to the usability of the site.
Extreme support, but making it so that the dragons still have to go through a cooldown as normal for sure.

I literally just last week had an accident involving one of the first borns of my progen couple falling crotch first into a fodder breeder of mine thanks to the atrocious mobile site. Luckily all five of the babies came out with great potential but had i had the option to cancel the nest, I would’ve.

On the flipside like others have mentioned in this thread, all of this could be avoided if the devs were to implement a toggle for individual dragons to prevent them from even showing up in the dropdown list to begin with (a celebacy toggle if you will). It’s very annoying when you have dozens of dragons that you don’t plan on ever breeding show up among the ones that you do. Both of these would make for a massive quality of life improvement to the usability of the site.
oh god
I'm kind of wish-washy on this. On one hand I have done this before and it SUCKS- on the other this kind of mechanic can be abused if there's no cooldown or limitations whatsoever. Imagine someone canceling all their nests and rebreeding their dragons until they have 5 nests of all 5 hatchlings which could screw with fodder pricing- I don't know to what degree someone would want to do that or go through all that clicking with the small chance of getting a nest of 5, but still it is not a flawless feature- so I kind of like 50% support this, and think this idea should be refined more tbh
I'm kind of wish-washy on this. On one hand I have done this before and it SUCKS- on the other this kind of mechanic can be abused if there's no cooldown or limitations whatsoever. Imagine someone canceling all their nests and rebreeding their dragons until they have 5 nests of all 5 hatchlings which could screw with fodder pricing- I don't know to what degree someone would want to do that or go through all that clicking with the small chance of getting a nest of 5, but still it is not a flawless feature- so I kind of like 50% support this, and think this idea should be refined more tbh
NQXTs0J.gif775yrAp.pngJqjxYiv.pngTsIlEZy.pngjTzUpbS.gif
[quote name="@VultureSongs" date="2023-10-01 07:43:23" ] I'm kind of wish-washy on this. On one hand I have done this before and it SUCKS- on the other this kind of mechanic can be abused if there's no cooldown or limitations whatsoever. Imagine someone canceling all their nests and rebreeding their dragons until they have 5 nests of all 5 hatchlings which could screw with fodder pricing- I don't know to what degree someone would want to do that or go through all that clicking with the small chance of getting a nest of 5, but still it is not a flawless feature- so I kind of like 50% support this, and think this idea should be refined more tbh [/quote] Why without? Most offten version is: keep dragon's cooldawn. And also make cancel item pricy enough to discourage fodder breeders abuse it for 5 egg nests only.
@VultureSongs wrote on 2023-10-01 07:43:23:
Why without?
Most offten version is: keep dragon's cooldawn.
And also make cancel item pricy enough to discourage fodder breeders abuse it for 5 egg nests only.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2023-10-01 07:58:23" ] [quote name="@VultureSongs" date="2023-10-01 07:43:23" ] I'm kind of wish-washy on this. On one hand I have done this before and it SUCKS- on the other this kind of mechanic can be abused if there's no cooldown or limitations whatsoever. Imagine someone canceling all their nests and rebreeding their dragons until they have 5 nests of all 5 hatchlings which could screw with fodder pricing- I don't know to what degree someone would want to do that or go through all that clicking with the small chance of getting a nest of 5, but still it is not a flawless feature- so I kind of like 50% support this, and think this idea should be refined more tbh [/quote] Why without? Most offten version is: keep dragon's cooldawn. And also make cancel item pricy enough to discourage fodder breeders abuse it for 5 egg nests only. [/quote] Cooldowns aren't the only thing preventing from spamming a nest- it's also how many open nests you have. I think pricing it pretty high may fix this issue but as someone who does purchase a lot of fodder and participate in Dom events, even if my breeder dragons don't have their cooldowns sometimes I just snatch some ready to breed dragons for a minimum price of the AH- If you do this the 'failed' five nest attempts you could just level like normal fodder and profit as usual off of while getting even more money from a five hatchy nest. This could be fixed by the nest being locked for the customary 6 days you'd take to normally hatch it, preventing from having so many potential nests open at once- there's just a lot of caveats you'd have to make
Alkhor wrote on 2023-10-01 07:58:23:
Why without?
And also make cancel item pricy enough to discourage fodder breeders abuse it for 5 egg nests only.

Cooldowns aren't the only thing preventing from spamming a nest- it's also how many open nests you have. I think pricing it pretty high may fix this issue but as someone who does purchase a lot of fodder and participate in Dom events, even if my breeder dragons don't have their cooldowns sometimes I just snatch some ready to breed dragons for a minimum price of the AH- If you do this the 'failed' five nest attempts you could just level like normal fodder and profit as usual off of while getting even more money from a five hatchy nest. This could be fixed by the nest being locked for the customary 6 days you'd take to normally hatch it, preventing from having so many potential nests open at once- there's just a lot of caveats you'd have to make
[quote name="VultureSongs" date="2023-10-01 08:05:23" ] [quote name="Alkhor" date="2023-10-01 07:58:23" ] [quote name="@/VultureSongs" date="2023-10-01 07:43:23" ] I'm kind of wish-washy on this. On one hand I have done this before and it SUCKS- on the other this kind of mechanic can be abused if there's no cooldown or limitations whatsoever. Imagine someone canceling all their nests and rebreeding their dragons until they have 5 nests of all 5 hatchlings which could screw with fodder pricing- I don't know to what degree someone would want to do that or go through all that clicking with the small chance of getting a nest of 5, but still it is not a flawless feature- so I kind of like 50% support this, and think this idea should be refined more tbh [/quote] Why without? Most offten version is: keep dragon's cooldawn. And also make cancel item pricy enough to discourage fodder breeders abuse it for 5 egg nests only. [/quote] Cooldowns aren't the only thing preventing from spamming a nest- it's also how many open nests you have. I think pricing it pretty high may fix this issue but as someone who does purchase a lot of fodder and participate in Dom events, even if my breeder dragons don't have their cooldowns sometimes I just snatch some ready to breed dragons for a minimum price of the AH- If you do this the 'failed' five nest attempts you could just level like normal fodder and profit as usual off of while getting even more money from a five hatchy nest. This could be fixed by the nest being locked for the customary 6 days you'd take to normally hatch it, preventing from having so many potential nests open at once- there's just a lot of caveats you'd have to make [/quote] Even with ~200 breeding dragons, that's, let's say 100 tries. Assume they're all the minimum cooldown of 15 days. I don't think we know the exact chances of a 5 egg nest, but clicking around gives me the number 5%, [i]assuming[/i] all your nests are capable of it. That would give you just enough dragons to fill those five nests, but everyone else would statistically be on cooldown until those 15 days are up, causing you to miss a full two cycles. You'd actually get more eggs (statistically) from not resetting your nests than you would from trying to max out your nests to 5 each! I think it's more likely the 4 you'd have to watch out for, as that isn't going to be as painful as going for 5 and might not (again, statistically) make everyone go on cooldown. But it's still [i]significantly[/i] more rare than the 2-3 which the nesting system is weighted towards. But honestly, I don't think a price would have to even be super high to not be worth it, especially since fodder price can't drop below the amount you get from lv 1 exalts. If you make it 6kT per cancel you're essentially paying the price of a fodder dragon per nest, making resets-for-fodder very not worth it. 5kT would still work. I mean, heck, even 2kT would make it not worth it to reset more than three times if you're going for max profit and have unlimited fodder breeding dragons and space. Basically any price at all is going to add up over time, and with the rarity of getting big egg nests it's going to put an increasing price on min-maxing the more you do it and make it not really possible. (This was fun to think about and experiment with; again, I could not find numbers I could confirm to be 100% accurate, so I just went with what numbers I found.) Edit: Sorry for the ping! I didn't realize there was still a stray @ in there.
VultureSongs wrote on 2023-10-01 08:05:23:
@/VultureSongs wrote on 2023-10-01 07:43:23:
Why without?

Cooldowns aren't the only thing preventing from spamming a nest- it's also how many open nests you have. I think pricing it pretty high may fix this issue but as someone who does purchase a lot of fodder and participate in Dom events, even if my breeder dragons don't have their cooldowns sometimes I just snatch some ready to breed dragons for a minimum price of the AH- If you do this the 'failed' five nest attempts you could just level like normal fodder and profit as usual off of while getting even more money from a five hatchy nest. This could be fixed by the nest being locked for the customary 6 days you'd take to normally hatch it, preventing from having so many potential nests open at once- there's just a lot of caveats you'd have to make

Even with ~200 breeding dragons, that's, let's say 100 tries. Assume they're all the minimum cooldown of 15 days. I don't think we know the exact chances of a 5 egg nest, but clicking around gives me the number 5%, assuming all your nests are capable of it. That would give you just enough dragons to fill those five nests, but everyone else would statistically be on cooldown until those 15 days are up, causing you to miss a full two cycles. You'd actually get more eggs (statistically) from not resetting your nests than you would from trying to max out your nests to 5 each! I think it's more likely the 4 you'd have to watch out for, as that isn't going to be as painful as going for 5 and might not (again, statistically) make everyone go on cooldown. But it's still significantly more rare than the 2-3 which the nesting system is weighted towards.

But honestly, I don't think a price would have to even be super high to not be worth it, especially since fodder price can't drop below the amount you get from lv 1 exalts. If you make it 6kT per cancel you're essentially paying the price of a fodder dragon per nest, making resets-for-fodder very not worth it. 5kT would still work. I mean, heck, even 2kT would make it not worth it to reset more than three times if you're going for max profit and have unlimited fodder breeding dragons and space. Basically any price at all is going to add up over time, and with the rarity of getting big egg nests it's going to put an increasing price on min-maxing the more you do it and make it not really possible.

(This was fun to think about and experiment with; again, I could not find numbers I could confirm to be 100% accurate, so I just went with what numbers I found.)

Edit: Sorry for the ping! I didn't realize there was still a stray @ in there.
[quote name="VultureSongs" date="2023-10-01 08:05:23" ] [quote name="Alkhor" date="2023-10-01 07:58:23" ] [quote name="@VultureSongs" date="2023-10-01 07:43:23" ] I'm kind of wish-washy on this. On one hand I have done this before and it SUCKS- on the other this kind of mechanic can be abused if there's no cooldown or limitations whatsoever. Imagine someone canceling all their nests and rebreeding their dragons until they have 5 nests of all 5 hatchlings which could screw with fodder pricing- I don't know to what degree someone would want to do that or go through all that clicking with the small chance of getting a nest of 5, but still it is not a flawless feature- so I kind of like 50% support this, and think this idea should be refined more tbh [/quote] Why without? Most offten version is: keep dragon's cooldawn. And also make cancel item pricy enough to discourage fodder breeders abuse it for 5 egg nests only. [/quote] Cooldowns aren't the only thing preventing from spamming a nest- it's also how many open nests you have. I think pricing it pretty high may fix this issue but as someone who does purchase a lot of fodder and participate in Dom events, even if my breeder dragons don't have their cooldowns sometimes I just snatch some ready to breed dragons for a minimum price of the AH- If you do this the 'failed' five nest attempts you could just level like normal fodder and profit as usual off of while getting even more money from a five hatchy nest. This could be fixed by the nest being locked for the customary 6 days you'd take to normally hatch it, preventing from having so many potential nests open at once- there's just a lot of caveats you'd have to make [/quote] Forcing incubate nest entire 6 days (yep with reduced number of eggs till to 0) was my idea but most peaople dislike it. Thus I accept both versions - inqubating or high price. I am in doubdt that fodder breeder ready spend 300-500 g per nest to obtain 5 eggs. What you say as heavy fodder breeder about "high enoth price"? What is enough to discourage you?
Why without?

Forcing incubate nest entire 6 days (yep with reduced number of eggs till to 0) was my idea but most peaople dislike it.
Thus I accept both versions - inqubating or high price.

I am in doubdt that fodder breeder ready spend 300-500 g per nest to obtain 5 eggs.
What you say as heavy fodder breeder about "high enoth price"? What is enough to discourage you?

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="VultureSongs" date="2023-10-01 08:05:23" ] [quote name="Alkhor" date="2023-10-01 07:58:23" ] Cooldowns aren't the only thing preventing from spamming a nest- it's also how many open nests you have. I think pricing it pretty high may fix this issue but as someone who does purchase a lot of fodder and participate in Dom events, even if my breeder dragons don't have their cooldowns sometimes I just snatch some ready to breed dragons for a minimum price of the AH- If you do this the 'failed' five nest attempts you could just level like normal fodder and profit as usual off of while getting even more money from a five hatchy nest. This could be fixed by the nest being locked for the customary 6 days you'd take to normally hatch it, preventing from having so many potential nests open at once- there's just a lot of caveats you'd have to make [/quote] Even with ~200 breeding dragons, that's, let's say 100 tries. Assume they're all the minimum cooldown of 15 days. I don't think we know the exact chances of a 5 egg nest, but clicking around gives me the number 5%, [i]assuming[/i] all your nests are capable of it. That would give you just enough dragons to fill those five nests, but everyone else would statistically be on cooldown until those 15 days are up, causing you to miss a full two cycles. You'd actually get more eggs (statistically) from not resetting your nests than you would from trying to max out your nests to 5 each! I think it's more likely the 4 you'd have to watch out for, as that isn't going to be as painful as going for 5 and might not (again, statistically) make everyone go on cooldown. But it's still [i]significantly[/i] more rare than the 2-3 which the nesting system is weighted towards. But honestly, I don't think a price would have to even be super high to not be worth it, especially since fodder price can't drop below the amount you get from lv 1 exalts. If you make it 6kT per cancel you're essentially paying the price of a fodder dragon per nest, making resets-for-fodder very not worth it. 5kT would still work. I mean, heck, even 2kT would make it not worth it to reset more than three times if you're going for max profit and have unlimited fodder breeding dragons and space. Basically any price at all is going to add up over time, and with the rarity of getting big egg nests it's going to put an increasing price on min-maxing the more you do it and make it not really possible. (This was fun to think about and experiment with; again, I could not find numbers I could confirm to be 100% accurate, so I just went with what numbers I found.) Edit: Sorry for the ping! I didn't realize there was still a stray @ in there. [/quote] Hmm I think you're right- the price shouldn't be too high, but I think it would have to be slightly more than 5kt-6kt like 20kt or so, so you'd only really abandon eggs if you made a mistake. I do really like the idea of this- it'd be a god send for hatcheries and breeding projects, but there would definitely have to be a cost for it Also I don't mind pings lol

Even with ~200 breeding dragons, that's, let's say 100 tries. Assume they're all the minimum cooldown of 15 days. I don't think we know the exact chances of a 5 egg nest, but clicking around gives me the number 5%, assuming all your nests are capable of it. That would give you just enough dragons to fill those five nests, but everyone else would statistically be on cooldown until those 15 days are up, causing you to miss a full two cycles. You'd actually get more eggs (statistically) from not resetting your nests than you would from trying to max out your nests to 5 each! I think it's more likely the 4 you'd have to watch out for, as that isn't going to be as painful as going for 5 and might not (again, statistically) make everyone go on cooldown. But it's still significantly more rare than the 2-3 which the nesting system is weighted towards.

But honestly, I don't think a price would have to even be super high to not be worth it, especially since fodder price can't drop below the amount you get from lv 1 exalts. If you make it 6kT per cancel you're essentially paying the price of a fodder dragon per nest, making resets-for-fodder very not worth it. 5kT would still work. I mean, heck, even 2kT would make it not worth it to reset more than three times if you're going for max profit and have unlimited fodder breeding dragons and space. Basically any price at all is going to add up over time, and with the rarity of getting big egg nests it's going to put an increasing price on min-maxing the more you do it and make it not really possible.

(This was fun to think about and experiment with; again, I could not find numbers I could confirm to be 100% accurate, so I just went with what numbers I found.)

Edit: Sorry for the ping! I didn't realize there was still a stray @ in there.

Hmm I think you're right- the price shouldn't be too high, but I think it would have to be slightly more than 5kt-6kt like 20kt or so, so you'd only really abandon eggs if you made a mistake. I do really like the idea of this- it'd be a god send for hatcheries and breeding projects, but there would definitely have to be a cost for it
Also I don't mind pings lol
Strong support! If making a dragon somehow unable to breed isn't an option, I would like this, as the hibden is not an ideal solution.

I've been putting together pairs for the purpose of achievements and interesting babies, but I've also got most of my permas, which I want to keep unbred and use in coli, outside the hibden too. It would help a lot with peace of mind if I could cancel unwanted nests!

I think having the cooldown linger after the nest is terminated would be very appropriate for avoiding misuse of such a feature. A treasure or gem item may be appropriate too, perhaps in line with clutchwarmer's pricing. Just as long as the option's there, though, I would appreciate it!
Strong support! If making a dragon somehow unable to breed isn't an option, I would like this, as the hibden is not an ideal solution.

I've been putting together pairs for the purpose of achievements and interesting babies, but I've also got most of my permas, which I want to keep unbred and use in coli, outside the hibden too. It would help a lot with peace of mind if I could cancel unwanted nests!

I think having the cooldown linger after the nest is terminated would be very appropriate for avoiding misuse of such a feature. A treasure or gem item may be appropriate too, perhaps in line with clutchwarmer's pricing. Just as long as the option's there, though, I would appreciate it!
| She/her |
|
Major bird nerd |
|
Trade thread |

|
Ping me everywhere! |
_ _ _____ small pixel of Flannery, as a Yi Qi dinosaur64297510_Ug4.pngpixel of Gearguts as a Rhamphorrynchus
support. just did this the other day and I know the pain now :(

Keeping the normal cooldown after canceling the nest would prevent fodder breeders from exploiting the feature, and I'm not opposed to a small treasure fee either.
support. just did this the other day and I know the pain now :(

Keeping the normal cooldown after canceling the nest would prevent fodder breeders from exploiting the feature, and I'm not opposed to a small treasure fee either.
07439048a79a7109f086908a9717179d64a1fcbd.png b01c9d8cb099f28c33efbc3427a2a7f8d24272ad.png bc9c8507869f3113339dc451b11e787a3cdce193.png ujEmykl.png
JvUa9ma.png
YMPbu9R.png
Coming back here once again to boost and voice my support. I just accidentally incubated my mistake nest that will be taking up space in my nesting grounds forever. It’s 2023, please for the love of god let me get rid of it [emoji=skydancer sad size=1]
Coming back here once again to boost and voice my support. I just accidentally incubated my mistake nest that will be taking up space in my nesting grounds forever. It’s 2023, please for the love of god let me get rid of it
lesbiancatcher.png
Zeph / 22 / Redwood
fc4zvun.png
mCzmQ3E.png 9.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7