Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [Hub] Splatoon
1 2 ... 126 127 128 129 130 ... 201 202
i am S C R E A M I N G USQWH*UEFI side order looks soooo good!!! i cannot wait. but im also glad its not out rn because it wouldnt be finished. but i am also very Hungry.

best part about college is that the months go by very, very fast now.
i am S C R E A M I N G USQWH*UEFI side order looks soooo good!!! i cannot wait. but im also glad its not out rn because it wouldnt be finished. but i am also very Hungry.

best part about college is that the months go by very, very fast now.
waaah my signature broke and i dont wanna fix it rn
Side order looks soooo exciting. Gameplay expectations high. Looks a lot like it will be a wave after wave shooter game with upgrades, I forgot the name of the genre. Also the music...... nintendo been coming out with some bangers recently. And the pearl bot is so cute!!!! fanart must be made.
Side order looks soooo exciting. Gameplay expectations high. Looks a lot like it will be a wave after wave shooter game with upgrades, I forgot the name of the genre. Also the music...... nintendo been coming out with some bangers recently. And the pearl bot is so cute!!!! fanart must be made.
what is a juggalo?
5x3AjhK.pngP9aWhak.pngKMANeBa.pngNN9NPXA.png1NvphvS.png
Alright, now I got some thoughts together and can try writing a coherent posts with thoughts and theories. Putting in all in spoiler tags for safety (you guys can do whatever, I'm personally cool with it, just please use spoilers if you talk about leaks that may be potentially real. I will not be talking about leaks in this posts, since I haven't seen any - nor intend to, but just to be safe-ish, spoiler tags).

Alright, first off, I don't mind the release date being set back either. If it needs time to be the best it can be, it needs time.

Although the word hasn't been officially used to describe it, everything leans towards it being a rogue-lite. Bold choice, but as a rogue-lite-enthusiast I welcome it very much, especially since rogue-like/lites are build around replayability. Very good, although I can see that others may not enjoy the genre as much as I do, which is fair.

The different skills appear to give Eight more colours. Interesting. I also woner if that may be added as a customisation option for single player. Althoguh, as far as I remember, multicoloured tentacles and tinted fingertips have so far only been seen on adult inkfish.
And speaking of the skills, the description of Run Speed Up mentions 'Inkling or Octoling form'. If that wasn't an error and they didn't just mean to copy the description in in entirety, maybe that does mean Four shows up as a playable character at some point. Neat!

Weird fish things. Enemies that aren't Octarians and Salmonids. I'm looking forward to see what more new ones show up.

And now, for the part that has my mind captured the most, let's talk about Dedf1sh.

First off, she's distinctively not fuzzy. #35 caught exists. I might've written a short story once about #35 caught's origins in which she also ends up not fuzzy, so it's fun to see I predicted that right, but I'm curious to see if we get an actual canon explanation for that song now.
A bunch of things I got wrong. She's less on the extreme end of music-zombie and actually doing fine-ish. More talkative too. And much smaller than I expected. That one art we had of her in which she looks kinda tall, coupled with the name Mizuta being a reference to Pacific giant octopodes made me imagine her much taller.

But headcanons are just headcanons, and I'm very interested in what she's canonically like. And I like her already. Potential to become my favourite character is there for sure.

Back to her name, Acht is the direct translation of the transliteration Ahato. 'Acht' is 'Eight' in German and Dutch and I'm very curious how they gonna handle that in my language.
Also, I've watched some reactions and I love how no one can pronounce Acht. Granted, I get the ch-sound doesn't really exist in English in this way, but I still find it fun to listen to. If you want to know what it's actually pronounced like, this page has two audio examples. Basically, ch is a voiceless throaty sound.

Anyway, what's up what that bandage on her left arm. The art didn't have that. It's new. Curious. It must have some relevance.

And the final thought I have for now on her: We'll absolutely get more of her music. Yes. MAybe the missing numbers turn up somewhere. Or this time it starts somewhere past #35.

That's what I can think about at the moment, but I'll probably have more thoughts. Watch me develop more weird crack theories over time that somehow turn out to be true.
Alright, now I got some thoughts together and can try writing a coherent posts with thoughts and theories. Putting in all in spoiler tags for safety (you guys can do whatever, I'm personally cool with it, just please use spoilers if you talk about leaks that may be potentially real. I will not be talking about leaks in this posts, since I haven't seen any - nor intend to, but just to be safe-ish, spoiler tags).

Alright, first off, I don't mind the release date being set back either. If it needs time to be the best it can be, it needs time.

Although the word hasn't been officially used to describe it, everything leans towards it being a rogue-lite. Bold choice, but as a rogue-lite-enthusiast I welcome it very much, especially since rogue-like/lites are build around replayability. Very good, although I can see that others may not enjoy the genre as much as I do, which is fair.

The different skills appear to give Eight more colours. Interesting. I also woner if that may be added as a customisation option for single player. Althoguh, as far as I remember, multicoloured tentacles and tinted fingertips have so far only been seen on adult inkfish.
And speaking of the skills, the description of Run Speed Up mentions 'Inkling or Octoling form'. If that wasn't an error and they didn't just mean to copy the description in in entirety, maybe that does mean Four shows up as a playable character at some point. Neat!

Weird fish things. Enemies that aren't Octarians and Salmonids. I'm looking forward to see what more new ones show up.

And now, for the part that has my mind captured the most, let's talk about Dedf1sh.

First off, she's distinctively not fuzzy. #35 caught exists. I might've written a short story once about #35 caught's origins in which she also ends up not fuzzy, so it's fun to see I predicted that right, but I'm curious to see if we get an actual canon explanation for that song now.
A bunch of things I got wrong. She's less on the extreme end of music-zombie and actually doing fine-ish. More talkative too. And much smaller than I expected. That one art we had of her in which she looks kinda tall, coupled with the name Mizuta being a reference to Pacific giant octopodes made me imagine her much taller.

But headcanons are just headcanons, and I'm very interested in what she's canonically like. And I like her already. Potential to become my favourite character is there for sure.

Back to her name, Acht is the direct translation of the transliteration Ahato. 'Acht' is 'Eight' in German and Dutch and I'm very curious how they gonna handle that in my language.
Also, I've watched some reactions and I love how no one can pronounce Acht. Granted, I get the ch-sound doesn't really exist in English in this way, but I still find it fun to listen to. If you want to know what it's actually pronounced like, this page has two audio examples. Basically, ch is a voiceless throaty sound.

Anyway, what's up what that bandage on her left arm. The art didn't have that. It's new. Curious. It must have some relevance.

And the final thought I have for now on her: We'll absolutely get more of her music. Yes. MAybe the missing numbers turn up somewhere. Or this time it starts somewhere past #35.

That's what I can think about at the moment, but I'll probably have more thoughts. Watch me develop more weird crack theories over time that somehow turn out to be true.
side order real!!!! side order real!!!!!

ohhh my gosh it looks so cool!! order dualies!! pearlbot!! DEDFISH!!!!!!! auuuughhh info overload but this is so cooooool!!!
side order real!!!! side order real!!!!!

ohhh my gosh it looks so cool!! order dualies!! pearlbot!! DEDFISH!!!!!!! auuuughhh info overload but this is so cooooool!!!
xxx the octopus the myth the legend dj octavio fandragon xx "GYAH HA HA! Not if I crash your big finish!"
credit to cephalonheadquarters on tumblr credit to cephalonheadquarters on tumblr
KLTxh3r.pngv2PJF9u.pngeswSnrS.png
bX96R21.png6meUms1.png
splatoon fandragons!!
e
e
Very wonderfully excited for the DLC, especially with [spoiler]having replayability much like a game in the roguelike genre! [/spoiler] I'll leave any distinct theorizing and mentioning specifics for another time, but I'm secretly hoping what's been shown thus far might lead into potential future customization into the base game! Quite a stretch I'm sure, but an octo can dream! Incredibly hyped either way! Its so close by for its release date too! [spoiler]I will add on however I absolutely adore how theyve shown that a good chunk of the inking colors thus far are pastels! They honestly look really nice with the level design we've seen! [/spoiler] Things are gonna get interesting~ [emoji=aether star size=1]
Very wonderfully excited for the DLC, especially with having replayability much like a game in the roguelike genre!

I'll leave any distinct theorizing and mentioning specifics for another time, but I'm secretly hoping what's been shown thus far might lead into potential future customization into the base game! Quite a stretch I'm sure, but an octo can dream! Incredibly hyped either way! Its so close by for its release date too!

I will add on however I absolutely adore how theyve shown that a good chunk of the inking colors thus far are pastels! They honestly look really nice with the level design we've seen!

Things are gonna get interesting~
FbBE7dN.png PkBFCHn.png mlHpBMC.png HvXZhho.png 56yqAPu.png PkBFCHn.png FObX7rS.png
rO50KyM.png rO50KyM.png rO50KyM.png
wthFnM3.png PkBFCHn.png EE2umbT.png HvXZhho.png 8GgdVkW.png PkBFCHn.png mIzQJUh.png
hello flight rising splatoon forum thread. why was I not here earlier. well, I'm subbed now.

and

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
hello flight rising splatoon forum thread. why was I not here earlier. well, I'm subbed now.

and

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>Carvaiine (They/them)
>Signature is a mess, will maybe fix someday
>if I forgot about your commission, please just poke me. I get distracted easily.
also hi xionahri. you make good splatoon fanfiction, pleasantly surprised to find you a FR player as well.

I also found the "acht" pronunciation funny. I didn't get it like your examples, but I said it more like "aht" as I figured it was just the first localization instance of "ahato" and they stayed close to the original. Everyone seems to be saying "act" lol.

And I had the read of the Ahato being even more zombie-like than even your story. In my own headcanon (and therefore my fanfiction) nearly all of the sanitized wouldn't even recognize themselves as an individual, and without the control of the ooze they wouldn't even be able to decide to even leave the deep sea, and would just sit there for eternity. I'm seriously surprised that Ahato would even remember Marina- so unless something happened to warp time between OE and SO, the (at least partial) sanitized don't lose their memory. It's a game changer, at least for me as a fanfiction writer who's favorite topic is the octo expansion.

in the japanese trailer, mizuta's introduction uses boku, and in the NA trailer, Pearl says "sic 'em!" so I wonder if mizuta is trans? I suppose we'll see.

I'm really interested in what happened to Pearl to make her into a drone. According to google translate of the jp webpage on side order, Pearl actually became the drone. I don't trust google translate very much but if that is truly the case, that's interesting.

I like the vibes it has of solo mode salmon run. I'm curious about whatever gliding mechanism was shown in the trailer.

but more important, where the hell is marina. did she get kidnapped for losing the splatfest just like callie did?

splatoon nerds unite to theorize

rassicas please translate the webpage for us I want to KNOW

also hi xionahri. you make good splatoon fanfiction, pleasantly surprised to find you a FR player as well.

I also found the "acht" pronunciation funny. I didn't get it like your examples, but I said it more like "aht" as I figured it was just the first localization instance of "ahato" and they stayed close to the original. Everyone seems to be saying "act" lol.

And I had the read of the Ahato being even more zombie-like than even your story. In my own headcanon (and therefore my fanfiction) nearly all of the sanitized wouldn't even recognize themselves as an individual, and without the control of the ooze they wouldn't even be able to decide to even leave the deep sea, and would just sit there for eternity. I'm seriously surprised that Ahato would even remember Marina- so unless something happened to warp time between OE and SO, the (at least partial) sanitized don't lose their memory. It's a game changer, at least for me as a fanfiction writer who's favorite topic is the octo expansion.

in the japanese trailer, mizuta's introduction uses boku, and in the NA trailer, Pearl says "sic 'em!" so I wonder if mizuta is trans? I suppose we'll see.

I'm really interested in what happened to Pearl to make her into a drone. According to google translate of the jp webpage on side order, Pearl actually became the drone. I don't trust google translate very much but if that is truly the case, that's interesting.

I like the vibes it has of solo mode salmon run. I'm curious about whatever gliding mechanism was shown in the trailer.

but more important, where the hell is marina. did she get kidnapped for losing the splatfest just like callie did?

splatoon nerds unite to theorize

rassicas please translate the webpage for us I want to KNOW

>Carvaiine (They/them)
>if I forgot about your commission, please just poke me. I get distracted easily.
just like when we got a squid sister banner for wave 1, an off the hook banner has dropped for side order!! (if you've bought the expansion pass, or when you buy it) [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/bf5242a402e56e6a0917227e740e327a/9ab3152d18945d63-03/s1280x1920/c132e3b42e3591b71ef57da542583fdc07d7824a.jpg[/img] so we can now show off our love for the lesbians ever, hell yeah!!
just like when we got a squid sister banner for wave 1, an off the hook banner has dropped for side order!! (if you've bought the expansion pass, or when you buy it)

c132e3b42e3591b71ef57da542583fdc07d7824a.jpg

so we can now show off our love for the lesbians ever, hell yeah!!
xxx the octopus the myth the legend dj octavio fandragon xx "GYAH HA HA! Not if I crash your big finish!"
credit to cephalonheadquarters on tumblr credit to cephalonheadquarters on tumblr
KLTxh3r.pngv2PJF9u.pngeswSnrS.png
bX96R21.png6meUms1.png
splatoon fandragons!!
e
e
oh, sick!
oh, sick!
>Carvaiine (They/them)
Wooo, cool banner!

@Carvaiine

AAAAAAA, you just made my morning. Finding a reader who likes my stuff randomly in the wild, that's amazing. And a fellow writer, too? If you're cool with it, drop a link to your stuff, I'm very interested in reading it (if I haven't already. If I have, time to re-read).

And also just for the record, I may nothave posted on AO3 for a while, but I'm still at work at the next chapter of Wave in the Desert. Some things got in the way (AO,3 writers' curse is real, but at least my house didn't burn down), so I had to put it down for a while, but I've now picked it back up and immediately had to change some things while re-reading it. I mean, that's just what happens if you let a piece of writing sit for a while. If I make good progress, it should be out sometime within the next two weeks.

But enough about that.

If I remember correctly, Rassicas has stated that Dedf1sh being partially sanitized was a mistranslation, and she was in fact fully sanitised. But, since she doesn't act a lot like other sanitised individuals, it could be that it varies from person to person. If sanitisation actually focuses them on a single goal, it would make sense that the many Octarian soldiers we've seen act different than a musician.

Inkipedia lists her firmly as female, and usually they're pretty accurate about such things. It's not too uncommon to have less feminine female characters in media use boku, and I believe 'sic 'em' is a common term regardless of the target (but then again, I'm not a native English speaker, please correct me if I'm wrong). I doubt she's canonically meantto be nonbinary (although getting a canon nonbinary character would be neat), but transfem is not out of the picture.

Oh, if Pearl genuinely is the drone, that'd be interesting. Oh no, she became even shorter and even more gremlin. I've seen the theory floating around that it might take place in a digital world, which could possibly be some explanation for that.
In any case pearl drone is good and I will cherish her and help her to find her wife again. Yeah, where is Marina? Is once again something bad happening to an octoling. Give the entire species a break, please.

And absolutely yes, I'm looking forward to Rassicas coming in with a new translation. There's gotta be something good in there.
Wooo, cool banner!

@Carvaiine

AAAAAAA, you just made my morning. Finding a reader who likes my stuff randomly in the wild, that's amazing. And a fellow writer, too? If you're cool with it, drop a link to your stuff, I'm very interested in reading it (if I haven't already. If I have, time to re-read).

And also just for the record, I may nothave posted on AO3 for a while, but I'm still at work at the next chapter of Wave in the Desert. Some things got in the way (AO,3 writers' curse is real, but at least my house didn't burn down), so I had to put it down for a while, but I've now picked it back up and immediately had to change some things while re-reading it. I mean, that's just what happens if you let a piece of writing sit for a while. If I make good progress, it should be out sometime within the next two weeks.

But enough about that.

If I remember correctly, Rassicas has stated that Dedf1sh being partially sanitized was a mistranslation, and she was in fact fully sanitised. But, since she doesn't act a lot like other sanitised individuals, it could be that it varies from person to person. If sanitisation actually focuses them on a single goal, it would make sense that the many Octarian soldiers we've seen act different than a musician.

Inkipedia lists her firmly as female, and usually they're pretty accurate about such things. It's not too uncommon to have less feminine female characters in media use boku, and I believe 'sic 'em' is a common term regardless of the target (but then again, I'm not a native English speaker, please correct me if I'm wrong). I doubt she's canonically meantto be nonbinary (although getting a canon nonbinary character would be neat), but transfem is not out of the picture.

Oh, if Pearl genuinely is the drone, that'd be interesting. Oh no, she became even shorter and even more gremlin. I've seen the theory floating around that it might take place in a digital world, which could possibly be some explanation for that.
In any case pearl drone is good and I will cherish her and help her to find her wife again. Yeah, where is Marina? Is once again something bad happening to an octoling. Give the entire species a break, please.

And absolutely yes, I'm looking forward to Rassicas coming in with a new translation. There's gotta be something good in there.
1 2 ... 126 127 128 129 130 ... 201 202