Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Real life paranormal encounters/stories!
1 2 3
(I'm enjoying reading your stories. I'm all tucked in with a hot cocoa in hand while reading)
(I'm enjoying reading your stories. I'm all tucked in with a hot cocoa in hand while reading)
m59NfS2.png
Well, ive got a few up my sleeve haha.

Well, the first one happened when I was about 8-9 years old. My sister died 10 years ago, at the age of 7. I dont remember much of the event, other than when i opened the camera on my moms phone at the time (i dont recall what type of phone it was or why i had opened the camera, she had asked me to thats all i remember) when i aimed it at the photographs on the wall, orbs appeared around them. But ONLY when i pointed it at the photographs. Id have to ask and see if my mom has photos of it still, as i remember snapping a few photos.

Another time was a couple years later, I moved a few states over to live with my father, and as we were unpacking (we moved into a new house and were there for only 1 week) my step mom and I (i was about 12) were the only ones home. I didnt see it myself but she said in the masters bedroom (my dad and hers room) she turned around and saw an old man peeking at her from over the headboard. She didnt tell me until we were in the car, and it freaked us both out!

From then on and off some of my family members experienced cat toys being moved around on their own, and items like cell phones suddenly disappearing for sometimes days at a time then suddenly reappearing in odd places, like the laundry room or kitchen cupboards.

My father one time, when i was 13, was cooking at the stove. Our hallway to the bedrooms, bathroom and basement is right next to the stove, and he said he saw a little girl in a white dress standing in the hallway, and he had asked it "whats up kiddo?" and when he got no response, he looked and no one was there. My father isnt really a believer of the paranormal mind you; he then went down the hall to my room and asked me "Were you just in the hallway?" which, no, i hadnt, i was playing Minecraft on my Xbox with a few of my friends at the time. He then shut my door without a word and left, to which i followed and asked what happened. I believe this was my sister though, but ill never tell my father, because he believes she was buried in a purple dress, but my mother told me a few years ago (long after that incident) she was buried in white last minute.

Another instance was actually about a year ago, i was 16 almost 17 at the time. My dads girlfriend (step mother passed away- dont feel bad, she was an awful person) had her cousin over, who is a psychic/medium (not sure which one), came over. It was her first time in our home and she didnt know anything about my father, me, or our past. Right when she came in she asked if people died in the home- which two people have. A man who lived with us who passed away from a heart attack, and my step mom who died from a drug overdose. After they were there for a while, i had come out of my room to grab some water at the sink- when i left a bit later after some chatting, the woman had told my dad she "saw" a little girl following me and she seemed curious, and harmless, and that she was "attached" to me. My dad told me the next day in a late night car ride home, and we both cried, since we knew who she was talking about (my sister).

Ive never been bothered by any of these experiences, and it comforts me to know my sister is with me always- i love her dearly. Im not sure what the afterlife is like, or why exactly shes still here, but i believe shes with me. Im not a religious person at all, which is ironic, considering my beliefs on the afterlife- but in the end i know my sister with me and i try to incorporate her into my life all the time. For my graduation i put a bee on my cap, which was her favorite animal in the whole world. I guess these experiences arent really scary haha.

I only have one actually rather scary experience- I was about 14 at the time and i was home alone, my whole family was out and i was tasked with watching the pets. Our dog (who passed away) at the time started barking like crazy, and so i went out to see what it was about- as i walked out, i could see the tv reflection from the hallway in the living room (we have one of those walls with a window in the middle to see into the next room, but it has no glass in it, just an open square hole in the wall) and i saw a black shadow move across the screen (like someone's reflection), i go over and... no ones home. Just me and the pets. My dog immediately stopped barking and followed me back to my room, at that point i was walking backwards because i had a horrible feeling to not turn my back to the livingroom, and even all 3 of my cats were puffed up and followed me back to my bedroom. We all stayed in my room until my family got home, thats when everyone relaxed fully. (i did not make them stay in my room- my door was actually open until everyone got home).

So yeah, those are all my (current) experiences haha. I love horror and the paranormal so it doesnt necessarily bother me, but id love to learn more. I plan on exploring some haunted places some time when i get the chance- however the only thing ill never mess with is an Ouija board. I dont mess with those type of things, not because of religious beliefs, but because im not an idiot haha.
Well, ive got a few up my sleeve haha.

Well, the first one happened when I was about 8-9 years old. My sister died 10 years ago, at the age of 7. I dont remember much of the event, other than when i opened the camera on my moms phone at the time (i dont recall what type of phone it was or why i had opened the camera, she had asked me to thats all i remember) when i aimed it at the photographs on the wall, orbs appeared around them. But ONLY when i pointed it at the photographs. Id have to ask and see if my mom has photos of it still, as i remember snapping a few photos.

Another time was a couple years later, I moved a few states over to live with my father, and as we were unpacking (we moved into a new house and were there for only 1 week) my step mom and I (i was about 12) were the only ones home. I didnt see it myself but she said in the masters bedroom (my dad and hers room) she turned around and saw an old man peeking at her from over the headboard. She didnt tell me until we were in the car, and it freaked us both out!

From then on and off some of my family members experienced cat toys being moved around on their own, and items like cell phones suddenly disappearing for sometimes days at a time then suddenly reappearing in odd places, like the laundry room or kitchen cupboards.

My father one time, when i was 13, was cooking at the stove. Our hallway to the bedrooms, bathroom and basement is right next to the stove, and he said he saw a little girl in a white dress standing in the hallway, and he had asked it "whats up kiddo?" and when he got no response, he looked and no one was there. My father isnt really a believer of the paranormal mind you; he then went down the hall to my room and asked me "Were you just in the hallway?" which, no, i hadnt, i was playing Minecraft on my Xbox with a few of my friends at the time. He then shut my door without a word and left, to which i followed and asked what happened. I believe this was my sister though, but ill never tell my father, because he believes she was buried in a purple dress, but my mother told me a few years ago (long after that incident) she was buried in white last minute.

Another instance was actually about a year ago, i was 16 almost 17 at the time. My dads girlfriend (step mother passed away- dont feel bad, she was an awful person) had her cousin over, who is a psychic/medium (not sure which one), came over. It was her first time in our home and she didnt know anything about my father, me, or our past. Right when she came in she asked if people died in the home- which two people have. A man who lived with us who passed away from a heart attack, and my step mom who died from a drug overdose. After they were there for a while, i had come out of my room to grab some water at the sink- when i left a bit later after some chatting, the woman had told my dad she "saw" a little girl following me and she seemed curious, and harmless, and that she was "attached" to me. My dad told me the next day in a late night car ride home, and we both cried, since we knew who she was talking about (my sister).

Ive never been bothered by any of these experiences, and it comforts me to know my sister is with me always- i love her dearly. Im not sure what the afterlife is like, or why exactly shes still here, but i believe shes with me. Im not a religious person at all, which is ironic, considering my beliefs on the afterlife- but in the end i know my sister with me and i try to incorporate her into my life all the time. For my graduation i put a bee on my cap, which was her favorite animal in the whole world. I guess these experiences arent really scary haha.

I only have one actually rather scary experience- I was about 14 at the time and i was home alone, my whole family was out and i was tasked with watching the pets. Our dog (who passed away) at the time started barking like crazy, and so i went out to see what it was about- as i walked out, i could see the tv reflection from the hallway in the living room (we have one of those walls with a window in the middle to see into the next room, but it has no glass in it, just an open square hole in the wall) and i saw a black shadow move across the screen (like someone's reflection), i go over and... no ones home. Just me and the pets. My dog immediately stopped barking and followed me back to my room, at that point i was walking backwards because i had a horrible feeling to not turn my back to the livingroom, and even all 3 of my cats were puffed up and followed me back to my bedroom. We all stayed in my room until my family got home, thats when everyone relaxed fully. (i did not make them stay in my room- my door was actually open until everyone got home).

So yeah, those are all my (current) experiences haha. I love horror and the paranormal so it doesnt necessarily bother me, but id love to learn more. I plan on exploring some haunted places some time when i get the chance- however the only thing ill never mess with is an Ouija board. I dont mess with those type of things, not because of religious beliefs, but because im not an idiot haha.
79771108_lfwPW5bn2U5Fpy7.png
i'm not sure if this is paranormal exactly, but i've had multiple dreams featuring the same people. there's a girl, who keeps visiting - i have no idea about her name or even what she looks like, but i can always tell it's her based on the energy she had. fascinating really, because i had one dream about her, then three years passed before she turned up again - and as soon as i woke up i knew it was her again.
the other person is a guy, once again idk the name or looks, but he appears ever so often, a bit more frequently than her i'd say.

there's also been a few occasions where i've heard footsteps around/inside a house - could of course be nothing, but when houses *do* move i don't quite think they move in a clear direction.
i'm not sure if this is paranormal exactly, but i've had multiple dreams featuring the same people. there's a girl, who keeps visiting - i have no idea about her name or even what she looks like, but i can always tell it's her based on the energy she had. fascinating really, because i had one dream about her, then three years passed before she turned up again - and as soon as i woke up i knew it was her again.
the other person is a guy, once again idk the name or looks, but he appears ever so often, a bit more frequently than her i'd say.

there's also been a few occasions where i've heard footsteps around/inside a house - could of course be nothing, but when houses *do* move i don't quite think they move in a clear direction.
Some of these are interesting! I'm a huge believer in paranormal things and these are some really unusual stories... I have three to share myself. A woman in a wedding dress, an incident with a home-made ouija board, and an incident at work which my boss and a coworker witnessed.

Around two years ago, my dad lived with his sister (my aunty) and my cousin. Usually I stay at home over Christmas and nip over to see my dad and his side of the family on Boxing Day or even later, I don't tend to get along massively with him, but that time I was staying over on the night before Christmas Eve (Christmas Eve Eve??).
Everybody else had gone to bed, it was around 11pm. I was sitting in the living room curled up in a blanket with a hot chocolate I'd made myself. I was watching some guy on YouTube making clay models of Jurassic World dinosaurs (I was a little too fixated on his stuff for my own good). Anyways, I'd been getting an odd feeling all night long. I put it down to being tired, I did the classic thing of saying "I'll just watch one more video and then bed" and watching as it got later and later. At around midnight, I felt really cold out of nowhere, and from my peripherals I saw something moving. As I actually looked in that direction, a woman in a really pretty white wedding dress walked straight towards me; but in a fashion where she looked angry.. almost? It wasn't a normal walk, it was more of a stomping movement. She disappeared after a few seconds when she was RIGHT NEXT TO ME.
I remember being so incredibly scared in that moment, I stood up, turned the TV off, put my mug down on the table and went straight to bed. I was sleeping in the same room as my cousin too and I was in such a hurry to get in bed that I woke her up. Put it this way, I ended up sleeping with my head under the covers that night.

With the ouija board, this must have been about five years ago now but I remember making a ouija board out of cardboard after my great grandad died, because I wanted to talk to him. Unfortunately for me I ignored all the warnings about never doing it alone, being careful what you're summoning, etc. and ended up sitting up, alone in the dark at home trying to connect with a spirit. The planchette I made worked and I got some words out of whoever I was talking to - I don't think it was my great grandad - but I can't remember what now. I just remember feeling really uneasy as it guided the planchette to each letter. I knew instantly that something was really wrong. I stopped, which I'm pretty sure is a big no-no because you're supposed to send the spirit away properly. I knew it wasn't my grandad though, so I didn't really care. If it was him I would've said the proper goodbyes but I knew this wasn't him. I shoved the board underneath my mattress.
I didn't tell my mum. I still haven't to this day because she's super spiritual and I fear she'll be petrified or really angry. I think it stayed under my bed for around four weeks before I got a chance to get rid of it without anyone knowing, I threw it in a black bin bag and put it outside.
In the few weeks until I got rid of the board, and for a few weeks after, I felt really watched. I walked into the room and got an instant shiver down my spine. At night the floorboards would creak as if someone was walking around my room. I used to hate my room, until whatever it was just seemed to ebb away. I haven't felt any kind of bad presence here for years but those weeks were the most terrifying thing in my life.

I wasn't there for the work one, but security camera footage literally backs it up. My boss and coworker were opening up shop for the day, about a year ago, but when they opened the doors they noticed muddy footsteps going all the way from the entrance to about 3/4 of the length of the shop. My boss went to get the mop to clean it up, and my coworker was tasked with checking the cameras, because they thought that there was a customer with dirty shoes from the night before and whoever was working then didn't bother to clean it up. They were wrong. The footsteps just sort of appeared in the early hours of the morning. Our cameras aren't the best at pinpointing specific times, so they just kinda show up between around 1:20 and 1:30 in the morning. That was a complete mystery in itself.
My coworker then walked back down to the front doors to close for five minutes while they A figured out what was up with the camera and B clean up the prints. As she was coming out of the office she hit this.. wall? of pure cold. On the camera she literally freezes like she's just walked into a solid wall. She says it was so cold it gave her shivers and when she called the boss to come out and have a look she got really cold as well.
After some quick internet diving my coworker discovered that the shopping centre is built on top of an old coal mine from the early 1900s. Which explained the dirty footprints.
They didn't have a good shift that morning, apparently.

OH and a little bonus from work! I've had a few minor run ins, most likely from the miners. We think their spirits like to play tricks on us, and the centre as a whole, as other shops have little stories they tell sometimes too.
A few months ago I was standing out back, after closing time. I was on shift with someone else, and I was waiting for them to be done in the bathroom. Suddenly I heard loud footsteps on the shop floor, and then the till started scanning. Even though the tills had been taken out, and I knew there was nothing actually being scanned, the scanners continued to beep about five times like someone was scanning shopping. I looked out through the windows in the door and there was nothing there.

My boss has also heard scanning before too, as well as the bin lids being opened and closed aggressively, and even someone singing a sad-sounding song on the shop floor after closing time.
Some of these are interesting! I'm a huge believer in paranormal things and these are some really unusual stories... I have three to share myself. A woman in a wedding dress, an incident with a home-made ouija board, and an incident at work which my boss and a coworker witnessed.

Around two years ago, my dad lived with his sister (my aunty) and my cousin. Usually I stay at home over Christmas and nip over to see my dad and his side of the family on Boxing Day or even later, I don't tend to get along massively with him, but that time I was staying over on the night before Christmas Eve (Christmas Eve Eve??).
Everybody else had gone to bed, it was around 11pm. I was sitting in the living room curled up in a blanket with a hot chocolate I'd made myself. I was watching some guy on YouTube making clay models of Jurassic World dinosaurs (I was a little too fixated on his stuff for my own good). Anyways, I'd been getting an odd feeling all night long. I put it down to being tired, I did the classic thing of saying "I'll just watch one more video and then bed" and watching as it got later and later. At around midnight, I felt really cold out of nowhere, and from my peripherals I saw something moving. As I actually looked in that direction, a woman in a really pretty white wedding dress walked straight towards me; but in a fashion where she looked angry.. almost? It wasn't a normal walk, it was more of a stomping movement. She disappeared after a few seconds when she was RIGHT NEXT TO ME.
I remember being so incredibly scared in that moment, I stood up, turned the TV off, put my mug down on the table and went straight to bed. I was sleeping in the same room as my cousin too and I was in such a hurry to get in bed that I woke her up. Put it this way, I ended up sleeping with my head under the covers that night.

With the ouija board, this must have been about five years ago now but I remember making a ouija board out of cardboard after my great grandad died, because I wanted to talk to him. Unfortunately for me I ignored all the warnings about never doing it alone, being careful what you're summoning, etc. and ended up sitting up, alone in the dark at home trying to connect with a spirit. The planchette I made worked and I got some words out of whoever I was talking to - I don't think it was my great grandad - but I can't remember what now. I just remember feeling really uneasy as it guided the planchette to each letter. I knew instantly that something was really wrong. I stopped, which I'm pretty sure is a big no-no because you're supposed to send the spirit away properly. I knew it wasn't my grandad though, so I didn't really care. If it was him I would've said the proper goodbyes but I knew this wasn't him. I shoved the board underneath my mattress.
I didn't tell my mum. I still haven't to this day because she's super spiritual and I fear she'll be petrified or really angry. I think it stayed under my bed for around four weeks before I got a chance to get rid of it without anyone knowing, I threw it in a black bin bag and put it outside.
In the few weeks until I got rid of the board, and for a few weeks after, I felt really watched. I walked into the room and got an instant shiver down my spine. At night the floorboards would creak as if someone was walking around my room. I used to hate my room, until whatever it was just seemed to ebb away. I haven't felt any kind of bad presence here for years but those weeks were the most terrifying thing in my life.

I wasn't there for the work one, but security camera footage literally backs it up. My boss and coworker were opening up shop for the day, about a year ago, but when they opened the doors they noticed muddy footsteps going all the way from the entrance to about 3/4 of the length of the shop. My boss went to get the mop to clean it up, and my coworker was tasked with checking the cameras, because they thought that there was a customer with dirty shoes from the night before and whoever was working then didn't bother to clean it up. They were wrong. The footsteps just sort of appeared in the early hours of the morning. Our cameras aren't the best at pinpointing specific times, so they just kinda show up between around 1:20 and 1:30 in the morning. That was a complete mystery in itself.
My coworker then walked back down to the front doors to close for five minutes while they A figured out what was up with the camera and B clean up the prints. As she was coming out of the office she hit this.. wall? of pure cold. On the camera she literally freezes like she's just walked into a solid wall. She says it was so cold it gave her shivers and when she called the boss to come out and have a look she got really cold as well.
After some quick internet diving my coworker discovered that the shopping centre is built on top of an old coal mine from the early 1900s. Which explained the dirty footprints.
They didn't have a good shift that morning, apparently.

OH and a little bonus from work! I've had a few minor run ins, most likely from the miners. We think their spirits like to play tricks on us, and the centre as a whole, as other shops have little stories they tell sometimes too.
A few months ago I was standing out back, after closing time. I was on shift with someone else, and I was waiting for them to be done in the bathroom. Suddenly I heard loud footsteps on the shop floor, and then the till started scanning. Even though the tills had been taken out, and I knew there was nothing actually being scanned, the scanners continued to beep about five times like someone was scanning shopping. I looked out through the windows in the door and there was nothing there.

My boss has also heard scanning before too, as well as the bin lids being opened and closed aggressively, and even someone singing a sad-sounding song on the shop floor after closing time.
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.

profile dragon | wishlist (tba) | lore shop (tba)
last night I woke up briefly to roll over and saw (and sorta felt, in some energy-like way) this 2D transparent shadow silhouette over me. It was only a head really, and not in a human way if that makes sense; too big and round and no neck, (a lot like the head of an evil shadow thing I'd seen in a dream a long time ago)
What's silly is that I wasn't scared, I was just like "oh that thing" and proceeded to religious-thought it into disappearing.
I'd say it was just a dream this time too, but my eyes were open, and it wasn't sleep paralysis either. It was really brief, though.
last night I woke up briefly to roll over and saw (and sorta felt, in some energy-like way) this 2D transparent shadow silhouette over me. It was only a head really, and not in a human way if that makes sense; too big and round and no neck, (a lot like the head of an evil shadow thing I'd seen in a dream a long time ago)
What's silly is that I wasn't scared, I was just like "oh that thing" and proceeded to religious-thought it into disappearing.
I'd say it was just a dream this time too, but my eyes were open, and it wasn't sleep paralysis either. It was really brief, though.
68572896.png88337571.pnghe / him 110.png be kind pls87747951.png64198642.png
Man, these stories are really interesting.

Not sure if it'd fit here, but one times, I was on a road trip with my family and while I was looking out the window, I thought I saw something that morphed from a deer-like shape to a humanoid shape.

Not sure if I was seeing things, but it creeped me out during that time. Looking back on it, I do wonder what I possibly saw.

Not sure if it'd fit here, but one times, I was on a road trip with my family and while I was looking out the window, I thought I saw something that morphed from a deer-like shape to a humanoid shape.

Not sure if I was seeing things, but it creeped me out during that time. Looking back on it, I do wonder what I possibly saw.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
[quote name="@buggy101" date="2023-09-30 12:49:57" ] Not sure if it'd fit here, but one time, I was on a road trip with my family and while I was looking out the window, I thought I saw something that morphed from a deer-like shape to a humanoid shape. Not sure if I was seeing things, but it creeped me out during that time. Looking back on it, I do wonder what I possibly saw. [/quote] oh, that sounds like what some call a skinw*lker (starring out the 'a' because I've seen other people spell it something like that) and I could be wrong, but that might be the word/name for a shapeshifter in Native American folklore; Although I've heard that deer can surprisingly walk on their hind legs if they need to, so who knows. Spooky either way!
@buggy101 wrote on 2023-09-30 12:49:57:
Not sure if it'd fit here, but one time, I was on a road trip with my family and while I was looking out the window, I thought I saw something that morphed from a deer-like shape to a humanoid shape.

oh, that sounds like what some call a skinw*lker
(starring out the 'a' because I've seen other people spell it something like that)
and I could be wrong, but that might be the word/name for a shapeshifter in Native American folklore; Although I've heard that deer can surprisingly walk on their hind legs if they need to, so who knows. Spooky either way!
68572896.png88337571.pnghe / him 110.png be kind pls87747951.png64198642.png
There was this time when I was returning home from some sort of appointment, and whilst driving, we passed under this old rail road but stopped a little further because traffic. I often look outside the side window of the car since I just like taking in the scenery, y'know? It was really strange because I saw this guy, probably in his 20's-30's walking forward and he was really close to my car's window, though he didn't really seem to notice me (either that or wasn't paying attention to me, idk). I saw him for a second or two and then...poof. He's gone, just as if he never existed. Those kinds of things don't really freak me out, though, since I see weird stuff all the time and it's practically become a normal thing for me. I don't pay too much attention to it, though, and I think about other things. Idk It's really confusing to explain.
There was this time when I was returning home from some sort of appointment, and whilst driving, we passed under this old rail road but stopped a little further because traffic. I often look outside the side window of the car since I just like taking in the scenery, y'know? It was really strange because I saw this guy, probably in his 20's-30's walking forward and he was really close to my car's window, though he didn't really seem to notice me (either that or wasn't paying attention to me, idk). I saw him for a second or two and then...poof. He's gone, just as if he never existed. Those kinds of things don't really freak me out, though, since I see weird stuff all the time and it's practically become a normal thing for me. I don't pay too much attention to it, though, and I think about other things. Idk It's really confusing to explain.
Clara the Blaziken, She/Her, 2+ Fr time, Professional Idiot :))))
[quote name="buggy101" date="2023-09-30 12:49:57" ] Man, these stories are really interesting. Not sure if it'd fit here, but one times, I was on a road trip with my family and while I was looking out the window, I thought I saw something that morphed from a deer-like shape to a humanoid shape. Not sure if I was seeing things, but it creeped me out during that time. Looking back on it, I do wonder what I possibly saw. [/quote] Ooo that would have been kind of cool, actually, as there is a Celtic forest god who can shapeshift into a stag. His name is Cernunnos ^^ He's probably my favourite pagan deity because idk, I like antlers.
buggy101 wrote on 2023-09-30 12:49:57:

Ooo that would have been kind of cool, actually, as there is a Celtic forest god who can shapeshift into a stag. His name is Cernunnos ^^ He's probably my favourite pagan deity because idk, I like antlers.
68508447p.png HxcMlGn.png
ll0CfnD.png
FObX7rS.png
asyRuVV.png
YMPbu9R.png
@LightningPrince
I've heard about them before! One actually appears in book 3 of the Fablehaven series. I've seen deer stand on their hind legs before, but it looked like it turned into a person when I saw it from the RV, so who really knows what it was?

@IneffableAngel
I was in North America when I saw the thing, so I don't think it was a Celtic forest god I might've saw. That's a really cool possibility, though!
@LightningPrince
I've heard about them before! One actually appears in book 3 of the Fablehaven series. I've seen deer stand on their hind legs before, but it looked like it turned into a person when I saw it from the RV, so who really knows what it was?

@IneffableAngel
I was in North America when I saw the thing, so I don't think it was a Celtic forest god I might've saw. That's a really cool possibility, though!
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
1 2 3