Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Real life paranormal encounters/stories!
1 2 3
Here's a spooktacular story for you...

It was night, and I had just gone to bed. This was at least 10 years ago now, maybe more. I was snuggled up in my blankets, but I hadn't started to drift off yet. Mainly I was just laying there with my eyes closed thinking about random stuff.

All of a sudden, a hand strokes my hair. This is immediately odd to me, because my bedroom door would stick and make a loud noise whenever someone opened or closed it, so I would have heard if anyone entered the room. Also, I lived with my mom and brother at the time, and neither of them are the type to randomly stroke my hair (we're not a very physically affectionate family).

So right away, I froze and stopped breathing. I thought maybe I had imagined it, like maybe my hair had just sort of shifted on its own with gravity and I only thought it felt like a hand. That thought was immediately proven wrong when I felt it again. And again. Then two hands are stroking my hair, and I'm so tense with fright that I feel like I'm going to explode.

I finally make up my mind that this has gone on long enough, and I snap open my eyes and look around. There, above my head, suspended in mid-air and attached to absolutely nothing, is a hand and part of a forearm. It is white-ish grey, translucent, almost smokey in appearance, and it is small, like the hand of a young girl (or just someone with really small hands). It is frozen in the attitude of someone who has been startled in the middle of, well, petting someone's hair! Like it wasn't expecting me to move...

I stare at this hand, and it doesn't disappear. A few seconds pass with no movement from either of us, and then I throw my blankets over my head and huddle under them, shaking. Nothing else touches me after this. I waited for probably a quarter of an hour before I finally ventured to poke my head out and look around. There was nothing to be seen. I leaped out of bed and switched on my light, but my room looked normal.

I still felt this creeping sensation like I wasn't alone, so I went downstairs and used the washroom, hoping that a routine and simple thing like that would calm my nerves. I waited in our bathroom for a long time, considering whether or not I was even going back upstairs to bed.

Finally, I sort of told myself I was being silly, because it hadn't actually hurt me, and I went back upstairs and went to bed, but it was a long time before I fell asleep.
Here's a spooktacular story for you...

It was night, and I had just gone to bed. This was at least 10 years ago now, maybe more. I was snuggled up in my blankets, but I hadn't started to drift off yet. Mainly I was just laying there with my eyes closed thinking about random stuff.

All of a sudden, a hand strokes my hair. This is immediately odd to me, because my bedroom door would stick and make a loud noise whenever someone opened or closed it, so I would have heard if anyone entered the room. Also, I lived with my mom and brother at the time, and neither of them are the type to randomly stroke my hair (we're not a very physically affectionate family).

So right away, I froze and stopped breathing. I thought maybe I had imagined it, like maybe my hair had just sort of shifted on its own with gravity and I only thought it felt like a hand. That thought was immediately proven wrong when I felt it again. And again. Then two hands are stroking my hair, and I'm so tense with fright that I feel like I'm going to explode.

I finally make up my mind that this has gone on long enough, and I snap open my eyes and look around. There, above my head, suspended in mid-air and attached to absolutely nothing, is a hand and part of a forearm. It is white-ish grey, translucent, almost smokey in appearance, and it is small, like the hand of a young girl (or just someone with really small hands). It is frozen in the attitude of someone who has been startled in the middle of, well, petting someone's hair! Like it wasn't expecting me to move...

I stare at this hand, and it doesn't disappear. A few seconds pass with no movement from either of us, and then I throw my blankets over my head and huddle under them, shaking. Nothing else touches me after this. I waited for probably a quarter of an hour before I finally ventured to poke my head out and look around. There was nothing to be seen. I leaped out of bed and switched on my light, but my room looked normal.

I still felt this creeping sensation like I wasn't alone, so I went downstairs and used the washroom, hoping that a routine and simple thing like that would calm my nerves. I waited in our bathroom for a long time, considering whether or not I was even going back upstairs to bed.

Finally, I sort of told myself I was being silly, because it hadn't actually hurt me, and I went back upstairs and went to bed, but it was a long time before I fell asleep.
AA68508447p.png
Formerly IneffableAngel
HxcMlGn.png
ll0CfnD.png
FObX7rS.png
asyRuVV.png
YMPbu9R.png
PWYW Scrying & Dressing Room Service
okay so I was adjusting to a new medication and hallucinating so probably/definitely not supernatural but that's no fun and it's still spooky to me

Over the course of a month I had a series of sightings of "shadow people" in the wee hours. I can at least say it wasn't sleep paralysis, I was totally capable of moving, but I saw them very vividly. Each one was a silhouette of black with this kind of aura around them. Y'know when you stare into a bright light and get those weird color-shifting floaters? Like that. They were faceless, but I could feel the impressions of their faces and expressions, if that makes sense.

In one instance, I awoke to a number of scientists (about three maybe) at the foot of my bed. They were talking to each other and observing me. One was gazing at a clipboard. Like in all these instances, it didn't last long and nothing happened, but it was still very real.

In another, I woke to this creepy baby floating over my bed, staring down at me. It freaked me out but my solution was to just pull the covers over my head--worked pretty well.

In the third instance (I think this was actually the first, though,) it started with a very pleasant dream. It was a bright, sunny day shining down on endless green fields. I was a kid again and playing with my friends on the grass while our parents kept an eye on us from the sidelines. It was such a cozy and comfortable dream. When I awoke, it was to the sensation of a hand gently petting my hair. I turned my head over and saw a woman sitting on the edge of my bed. I wasn't scared at all--she felt familiar and safe. She smiled down at me (again, just the impression of the smile) and I smiled back. She disappeared immediately after and only then did I startle and leap up.

Frankly, I still miss that woman. There was a peace to her that I've never felt off another human being. Or ghost or illusion or hallucination.
okay so I was adjusting to a new medication and hallucinating so probably/definitely not supernatural but that's no fun and it's still spooky to me

Over the course of a month I had a series of sightings of "shadow people" in the wee hours. I can at least say it wasn't sleep paralysis, I was totally capable of moving, but I saw them very vividly. Each one was a silhouette of black with this kind of aura around them. Y'know when you stare into a bright light and get those weird color-shifting floaters? Like that. They were faceless, but I could feel the impressions of their faces and expressions, if that makes sense.

In one instance, I awoke to a number of scientists (about three maybe) at the foot of my bed. They were talking to each other and observing me. One was gazing at a clipboard. Like in all these instances, it didn't last long and nothing happened, but it was still very real.

In another, I woke to this creepy baby floating over my bed, staring down at me. It freaked me out but my solution was to just pull the covers over my head--worked pretty well.

In the third instance (I think this was actually the first, though,) it started with a very pleasant dream. It was a bright, sunny day shining down on endless green fields. I was a kid again and playing with my friends on the grass while our parents kept an eye on us from the sidelines. It was such a cozy and comfortable dream. When I awoke, it was to the sensation of a hand gently petting my hair. I turned my head over and saw a woman sitting on the edge of my bed. I wasn't scared at all--she felt familiar and safe. She smiled down at me (again, just the impression of the smile) and I smiled back. She disappeared immediately after and only then did I startle and leap up.

Frankly, I still miss that woman. There was a peace to her that I've never felt off another human being. Or ghost or illusion or hallucination.
xxxxxxxxxx
image.png
"The world was to me a secret which I desired to divine."
-Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, Frankenstein
xxxx
they/them | FR+0 | Semi-active
waterflower.png
My story is kinda short, and I wasn't even the one to experience this, but basically it goes like this My sister's boyfriend was in our kitchen, our kitchen is connected to the living room and between the two is the back door, and it is a sliding glass door, our back yard is big and at night we only have one porch light that doesn't fully light up the yard So one night he was in the kitchen/living room, the curtain that gets drawn over the door at night was partially open, and he looked back as he walked, and [i]according to him[/i] he saw a figure looking into the house, the porch light [i]was on[/i], and he could not recall the figure's face, and he even described the thing as not having a face at all and instead it just having a smooth head If it was real, that would either mean the thing keeps you from remembering its face, or it just [i]didn't have one[/i] Either way that's why we always lock the back door and have a padlock on our yard gate HAHA [emoji=aberration laughing size=1]
My story is kinda short, and I wasn't even the one to experience this, but basically it goes like this

My sister's boyfriend was in our kitchen, our kitchen is connected to the living room and between the two is the back door, and it is a sliding glass door, our back yard is big and at night we only have one porch light that doesn't fully light up the yard
So one night he was in the kitchen/living room, the curtain that gets drawn over the door at night was partially open, and he looked back as he walked, and according to him he saw a figure looking into the house, the porch light was on, and he could not recall the figure's face, and he even described the thing as not having a face at all and instead it just having a smooth head
If it was real, that would either mean the thing keeps you from remembering its face, or it just didn't have one

Either way that's why we always lock the back door and have a padlock on our yard gate HAHA
this is long and includes a description of an animal carcass

It's hard for me to believe in the paranormal and the like, but I genuinely have no other way of explaining what I saw.

After I quit teaching, I went a complete 180 and started working nights. Second shift was so much better for my sleep schedule. However, this also meant I didn't get home until well after midnight most nights.

Every day on the way home, I would drive past a nature preserve. I've been in it. I've spent time there. I go there when it's nice out. Picnic. It's about a mile in each direction, and I've never felt any malice from the place. I still don't. It's a nice nature park and I go every spring.

When you drive by in the daylight, you can see wild turkey, deer, and rabbits. There are also flocks of geese, ducks, and it's generally beautiful. However, it being on a city/suburban road, there's unfortunately a lot of roadkill. While I haven't personally hit anything, I can't count the times I've had to put on the breaks (both day and night) to stop myself from hitting a deer.

Deer are usually easy to spot, though. Their eyes are incredibly reflective and you can see them thinking about jumping the fence, or tumbling out of a ditch before they even have a foot in the road. While I've travelled and moved around, I always came back to this area. In several decades, I've only seen a handful of deer on the side of the road.

One night, on the way home from work (again, well after midnight), I saw something off to the side of the road. No reflective eyes, so I assumed someone had hit another deer, and it was one of those rare casualities. While I did slow down, I didn't stop since... why would I? A dead deer shouldn't move. But this one did. Boy, this one sure did.

I swear on my life that I saw this deer get up, stand on its two hind legs, and walk across the road, like a person. I slammed on my breaks to watch this thing. I'm not well versed in deer anatomy, but there's no way, without breaking something, that that deer could have been able to stand so straight on its hind legs, and walk across the road in front of my headlights.

Its front legs swayed like they were meat sacks. Heavy, with no bone. Its eyes still weren't reflective, despite throwing my brights on. It didn't stop to look at me. It just stood up, walked across the road, and disappeared into the trees on the other side, where the nature preserve was.

I didn't stick around to investigate. I've seen enough horror movies to know what happens when you get out of your car. I drove home as fast as possible after that, and locked the doors.

Told a few people about it. They told me I was probably tired. That I was hallucinating it from lack of sleep. But I'd been on a second shift schedule for over a year at that point and absolutely wasn't tired or drowsy. I'm a night owl. I still occasionally drive by there after moving, and haven't seen anything like it since.

Not sure how to explain it. Not sure I want to know. All I'm certain of is I don't want to see it again.
this is long and includes a description of an animal carcass

It's hard for me to believe in the paranormal and the like, but I genuinely have no other way of explaining what I saw.

After I quit teaching, I went a complete 180 and started working nights. Second shift was so much better for my sleep schedule. However, this also meant I didn't get home until well after midnight most nights.

Every day on the way home, I would drive past a nature preserve. I've been in it. I've spent time there. I go there when it's nice out. Picnic. It's about a mile in each direction, and I've never felt any malice from the place. I still don't. It's a nice nature park and I go every spring.

When you drive by in the daylight, you can see wild turkey, deer, and rabbits. There are also flocks of geese, ducks, and it's generally beautiful. However, it being on a city/suburban road, there's unfortunately a lot of roadkill. While I haven't personally hit anything, I can't count the times I've had to put on the breaks (both day and night) to stop myself from hitting a deer.

Deer are usually easy to spot, though. Their eyes are incredibly reflective and you can see them thinking about jumping the fence, or tumbling out of a ditch before they even have a foot in the road. While I've travelled and moved around, I always came back to this area. In several decades, I've only seen a handful of deer on the side of the road.

One night, on the way home from work (again, well after midnight), I saw something off to the side of the road. No reflective eyes, so I assumed someone had hit another deer, and it was one of those rare casualities. While I did slow down, I didn't stop since... why would I? A dead deer shouldn't move. But this one did. Boy, this one sure did.

I swear on my life that I saw this deer get up, stand on its two hind legs, and walk across the road, like a person. I slammed on my breaks to watch this thing. I'm not well versed in deer anatomy, but there's no way, without breaking something, that that deer could have been able to stand so straight on its hind legs, and walk across the road in front of my headlights.

Its front legs swayed like they were meat sacks. Heavy, with no bone. Its eyes still weren't reflective, despite throwing my brights on. It didn't stop to look at me. It just stood up, walked across the road, and disappeared into the trees on the other side, where the nature preserve was.

I didn't stick around to investigate. I've seen enough horror movies to know what happens when you get out of your car. I drove home as fast as possible after that, and locked the doors.

Told a few people about it. They told me I was probably tired. That I was hallucinating it from lack of sleep. But I'd been on a second shift schedule for over a year at that point and absolutely wasn't tired or drowsy. I'm a night owl. I still occasionally drive by there after moving, and haven't seen anything like it since.

Not sure how to explain it. Not sure I want to know. All I'm certain of is I don't want to see it again.
6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.
I saw something a bit similar to what you saw on a road trip once, but it was from a distance and it didn't have the swaying front limbs like you described. You think we might've saw the same creature?
@Grune
I saw something a bit similar to what you saw on a road trip once, but it was from a distance and it didn't have the swaying front limbs like you described. You think we might've saw the same creature?
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
@buggy101
Not sure. Like I said, I don't want to look into it too much!
I'd rather let spooky things exist out there without me inviting them in lol
@buggy101
Not sure. Like I said, I don't want to look into it too much!
I'd rather let spooky things exist out there without me inviting them in lol
6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.